Your favorite UK shows, please.

CaliforniaDreamin

<font color=deeppink>DIS Veteran (and then some)<b
Thanks to some Disers with great taste in tv, I have discovered Skins and The IT Crowd. I have also seen The Office (UK), The Extras, Fawlty Towers, Keeping Up Appearances, Are You Being Served?, All Creatures Great and Small and Upstairs, Downstairs, along with the Inspector Morse and Hercule Poirot series. I need more!
Please let me know what I am missing out on. Help an American out! (Not a game show fan).

:flower3:

Top Gear! Also, the new Sherlock Holmes on PBS is really fantastic. :thumbsup2

I've heard great things about Top Gear. I know the US version is coming out next month, but I'll see if the UK one is running on BBCA. Sounds like something me and DH both will like. I can't watch the new Sherlock Holmes...Jeremy Brett will always be Holmes to me. :guilty:

I've been looking around IMDB for ideas. Is anyone familiar with "Teachers"?

some that are current favorites:

Inspector Lynley
Inspector Lewis
Prime Suspect
Sherlock (just started airing on pbs, so GOOD!!!!)
MI-5 (aka spooks in england)
Top Gear
James Mays Toy Stories
The Inbetweeners

Little Britain, Coupling, The Office, and Extras are my faves :thumbsup2

yes, I enjoyed teachers when it was on a couple of years ago. It was good, and I loved the main guy. he's gorgeous!

I also loved coupling and the uk version of the office.

I can't watch the new Sherlock Holmes...Jeremy Brett will always be Holmes to me. :guilty:

seriously consider reconsidering your position. dh and I watched it last night and it blew us away. we looked at each other and immediately set up a season record on it on our dvr. so good!!!! really interseting take setting them in current day london, and the chemistry between watson (tim from the office!!!!) and holmes is fantastic. I cannot wait for the next episode

Thanks to some Disers with great taste in tv, I have discovered Skins and The IT Crowd. I have also seen The Office (UK), The Extras, Fawlty Towers, Keeping Up Appearances, Are You Being Served?, All Creatures Great and Small and Upstairs, Downstairs, along with the Inspector Morse and Hercule Poirot series. I need more!
Please let me know what I am missing out on. Help an American out! (Not a game show fan).

:flower3:

We enjoyed:
Blue Murder
Waking the Dead
Murder in Suburbia
Jonathan Creek (this is colombo-esque)

seriously consider reconsidering your position. dh and I watched it last night and it blew us away. we looked at each other and immediately set up a season record on it on our dvr. so good!!!! really interseting take setting them in current day london, and the chemistry between watson (tim from the office!!!!) and holmes is fantastic. I cannot wait for the next episode

Modern day London? Tim from The Office? I'm intrigued! I will check PBS for the times.
(I'll probably be run off the Disboards for saying this, but give me Tim and Dawn over Jim and Pam anyday!)

I did forget to mention Coupling, but I haven't been able to get into it for some reason. I've watched about 4 episodes. It was good, I think I need to give it another chance.

My dad has the Inspector Lewis DVD's, but I can't bare to watch them without Morse. Can you tell I get really attached to Inspectors and when they die, I can't see liking anything else remotely close? When John Thaw died IRL, I cried. I loved him.

What's The Inbetweeners? That sounds interesting.

Top Gear! DH is watching it on BBC America right now! These guys are SOOOOOO funny!

seriously, put aside the holmes you know and give it a shot. I know its hard when you get attached, but try. you might like it!

the inbetweeners is hysterical. I literally shake with laughter every episode. to the point that my husband has woken up (if watched in bed when he is asleep) or come into the room from his office to find out what on earth is wrong with me.

eta, Beautiful People is also very very funny. I have a reaction much like the inbetweeners, just laugh till tears come at times.

Doctor Who
Torchwood
Sarah Jane Adventures
Primeval (Connor was Hatter in SyFy's Alice!)
UK Whose Line
Top Gear

Well, in addition to Top Gear:

Doctor Who
Torchwood
Being Human
Absolutely Fabulous (sweetie darling)
Gavin and Stacey - seen one or two episodes, pretty good

oh, and tim/dawn absolutely trump jim/pam anyday.

I wonder if Top Gear will rerun later tonight. Our DVR is on nonstop on Monday nights as it is.

I went to Netflix, added Little Britain to my Instant Queue, I'll watch some tomorrow. The Inbetweeners sounds hilarious, but for some reason it's not available on Netflix yet. Maybe the DVDs haven't been released over here yet? What about The Catherine Tate Show? Netflix gave it a 4.2 recommendation for me. I've never heard of her though.

Top Gear is on Netflix.. OMG I was in tears watching one in season 9.. its where they are in New Orleans... if you can find it watch it.. I still giggle when I think about it! I love this show.. its my "go to" when I need to laugh!!

Top Gear is on Netflix.. OMG I was in tears watching one in season 9.. its where they are in New Orleans... if you can find it watch it.. I still giggle when I think about it! I love this show.. its my "go to" when I need to laugh!!

The Extras is that way for me. I laugh until I cry just thinking of some of the Maggie scenes. "Get off our bus! You have your own bus. We don't want your kind on our bus". LMAO (I'm paraphrasing, but hopefully anyone who has seen the show knows which scene I'm talking about)
Yay, didn't even think to look at Netflix. Just added season 9. Also added Beautiful People.
If I don't respond for a while, it's because everyone is waiting on me to watch House (LOVE Hugh Laurie:love:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter