Your favorite thing to eat at Disneyland

Lebestiole

Mouseketeer
SO I JUST MADE ANOTHER FOOD QUESTION BUT I NEED TO MAKE ANOTHER

SO. What's your favorite meal/dessert/drink to enjoy when you're at DL/CA?

I want to eat as much as I can when I'm there because I'm not so sure if I'll be back soon! If you have pictures of your favorite food or want to share your thoughts I'd be sooo thankful! :D

Cheese

However the one thing at DLR that is the best of its kind that I've ever eaten (anywhere) is the gingerbread men (at Pooh's corner, the shop in DCA formerly known as Trolley Treats, and in DTD at Marceline's Confectionary). They're outstanding and they have them year round (the ones with the Mickey ears dipped in chocolate). The other thing (and while delicious, is more for value) are the Matterhorn Macaroons at Jolly Holiday ($1.99 pre AP discount for a giant coconut macaroon dipped at the top in white chocolate). There are other things but I'll keep my list to these two.

Last edited:
The fried chicken at plazza inn. Its a huge serving, easily sharable in our family, and delicious. We plan to have it at least twice while we are there next week.

Bread bowl breakfast in DCA at the Pacific Wharf Cafe. Love the sourdough bread.

Following on this one! 2 weeks from today and I will be there for my very first DLR visit! I am a pro at WDW, but clueless to the best foods at DLR. Although I know where to get the Dole Whip Floats :)

The fried chicken at plazza inn. Its a huge serving, easily sharable in our family, and delicious. We plan to have it at least twice while we are there next week.

We're having breakfast there but it seems that it's only served for lunch! Many people say it's the best chicken tho! So it's a must!!!! :D

Cheese

However the one thing at DLR that is the best of its kind that I've ever eaten (anywhere) is the gingerbread men (at Pooh's corner, the shop in DCA formerly known as Trolley Treats, and in DTD at Marceline's Confectionary). They're outstanding and they have them year round (the ones with the Mickey ears dipped in chocolate). The other thing (and while delicious, is more for value) are the Matterhorn Macaroons at Jolly Holiday ($1.99 pre AP discount for a giant coconut macaroon dipped at the top in white chocolate). There are other things but I'll keep my list to these two.

I'M SO EATING THE MATTERHORN MACAROON!!! :D

Favorite meal at DL: The French Market Chicken at the French Market Restaurant in NO Square or the Fried Chicken at the Plaza Inn
Favorite meal at DCA: Lemon-Oregano Chicken Skewer at Paradise Garden Grill (myself & DH) Five Cheese Ravioli at Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta (my son)
We also like the stuffed baked potatoes which are now back at the Troubadour Tavern for something to hold us over sometimes

Our favorites snacks: Churros, Jalapeno Pretzels, Beignets, Sundaes at Ghirardelli

We love the hot chocolate when it's cool at night

Another vote for the chicken dinner at the Plaza Inn. Not only is the food great but the ambiance and proximity to Main St. for just taking everything in as you dine is wonderful.
We go when it's slow so it's quiet in there and makes for a nice break. We also appreciate that it's an original part of the park and the only space designed by Lillian Disney herself.

Love the pommes frites at Cafe Orleans, beignets from Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, and Mickey rice crispie treats.

Dole whips, matterhorn cookies from Jolly Holiday bakery, beignets, corn dogs, pomme frites and 3-cheese monte cristos at Cafe Orleans, and my favorite: the Asian Chicken salad in the bread bowl at the Pacific Wharf Cafe in DCA.

Monte Cristo and pommes frites at Orleans Cafe (must share....portions way too big). Any of the mediterranean skewers at Paradise Garden Grill with all of the "sauces" to try.
Of course, Dole Whip, churros, Matterhorn macaroons, cream cheese filled Mickey pretzels (!), and lots of the goodies in the candy stores! Can't go wrong there....cake pops, caramel apples, marshmallow wands.....I could go on and on....!!

Another vote for Plaza in chicken dinner. SUPER good and worth every penny along with the Cobb salad there. I loved the BBQ chicken and coleslaw potato, which has recently gone away..sigh. We like hitting Carnation cafe for the burger melt, and during the hotter months, one of the cheaper TS options with air conditioning! If in DCA we actually head out of the park to eat at White Water Snacks in the Grand. The breakfasts are moderately priced and so good with huge breakfast burritos, platters, and mickey waffles (the daughters favorite served with fruit). We have also hit in for the occasional lunch and dinner. The burgers are terrific as are their nachos (large and filling, especially with half beef/ half chicken). It is also nice little park break, usually not crowded, and from the windows you can see folks walking by in DCA so you keep the park vibe. Our other favorite meal is the lobster nachos at the cove bar, worth the time to get them. Even our 9 year old likes them, although with the crema and peppers on the side.

Fried chicken at the Plaza Inn is a must! Also, make a stop at the corn dog wagon on Main St. If you want to splurge on a nice sit-down dinner, make a reservation at Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55. Believe or not, Steakhouse 55 is great for breakfast, too! If you're an early bird, they open at 7am, so you can still make rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter