Your favorite thing to do in Nassau

Ozarkglittergirl

Jiminy crickets y'all
help. Can't decide what to do in Nassau. It will be me and my sister and granddaughters ages 11 and 12.

Stay on the ship and enjoy the empty pool deck and repeat rides on the Aquaduck...:-)

I've been to Nassau more times than I can count..so I treat it as a "sea day". However if you've never been, I would highly recommend the Atlantis Resort with kids those ages.

There are so many opinions it has me spinning but I'm leaning toward the discover Atlantis adventure. 2nd choice blue lagoon. My granddaughters and I have never been on a cruise and they've never seen the ocean. I don't trust the descriptions on websites, sometimes they are hype. Maybe I'm trying too hard but it means the world to me for them to have the time of their life. Castaway Cay is easy. Rent a Cabana if possible. Snorkel for sure. But Nassau has me stumped. And then there's the weather...I need a chill pill lol
:bored::hippie::rainbow::yay::smokin:

On our first cruise to Nassau we stayed on the ship. This next time we are going to do a day pass at the Hilton. I've heard too many stories of Atlantis being overly crowded so don't want to waste the money going there and then not being able to do much.

We had 11 family members (5 kids) who did the dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon. Loved it! The beach is really nice and the boat ride was fun. You can spend as much time as you want on the island. You cannot book directly with Blue Lagoon if they know you are coming on a cruise. You can book with ShoreTrips.com though - that's what we did. We saved money over booking with the cruise line and we were not in a big group. It really was a great day. I think your granddaughters would have an amazing time.

On our first cruise to Nassau we stayed on the ship. This next time we are going to do a day pass at the Hilton. I've heard too many stories of Atlantis being overly crowded so don't want to waste the money going there and then not being able to do much.

Tell me about the Hilton. Why there ? Is that a Disney excursion?

We had 11 family members (5 kids) who did the dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon. Loved it! The beach is really nice and the boat ride was fun. You can spend as much time as you want on the island. You cannot book directly with Blue Lagoon if they know you are coming on a cruise. You can book with ShoreTrips.com though - that's what we did. We saved money over booking with the cruise line and we were not in a big group. It really was a great day. I think your granddaughters would have an amazing time.

Hmmm. How does ShoreTrips.com ting work?

Hmmm. How does ShoreTrips.com ting work?

Just go to their site and book the excursion you want. They'll give you all the details. If you're more comfortable going with the cruise line, I'm sure they'll have Blue Lagoon excursions.

The Hilton is not a Disney excursion. All the details are here - http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/ba...ssau-NASHIHH/attractions/cruiseship-info.html. We've done it twice. They have a really nice pool and a decent stretch of beach overlooking the cruise ships. Food included is good as well. It's within walking distance of the ship.

Agree with pick a DCL excursion that looks enjoyable and go with it. On CC when our girls were 12, we were so busy that a cabana would have been a waste. There are so many beach loungers we had no problem setting up where we wanted and spent very little time there. With bicycles, snorkeling, pelican plunge swimming, eating, game hut and exploring we were way to busy to sit around.

Just checked ShoreTrips.com for our cruise and the cost is $228 per person. Disneys price for blue Lagoon island dolphin swim is $232...not enough to make a difference.

Agree with pick a DCL excursion that looks enjoyable and go with it. On CC when our girls were 12, we were so busy that a cabana would have been a waste. There are so many beach loungers we had no problem setting up where we wanted and spent very little time there. With bicycles, snorkeling, pelican plunge swimming, eating, game hut and exploring we were way to busy to sit around.

My sister is the cabana fan. Grandma here will be panting like a lizard I'll be so busy.

Welllll, I've about decided to go off ship just long enough to purchase a few souvenirs and let the grands get a feel for the pushy nature of the vendors then get their passport books stamped and head back on board ship to enjoy the day.

For what it's worth, we went to Atlantis last year aboard the Dream & had a blast! It was a definite highlight of the trip. Breathtaking aquarium & wonderfully calm lagoon that we snorkeled in - booked thru DCL & had such a fabulous day. Would not hesitate to go back there. If your girls have never been on a cruise & never seen the ocean, I honestly think they would love it.

Has anyone been to the pirate museum? I was thinking of going there with my 7 and 9 year olds.

We have a few times. The first time it was interesting, but the second time we went, we had a guided tour. I don't know if that was something new or we just timed it the first time that we didn't have it. They were awesome! The guy who did our tour was very animated and it was just us and the couple we were traveling with. Very informative and an interesting look at that way of life.

Welllll, I've about decided to go off ship just long enough to purchase a few souvenirs and let the grands get a feel for the pushy nature of the vendors then get their passport books stamped and head back on board ship to enjoy the day.
I wouldn't bring passports off the ship in nassau.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter