Your favorite Mariott Resort?

StrongholdMom

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

We'll be heading back to Orlando in November. We are Marriott owners and have visited the following resorts already:

Grande Vista: 2005
Harbor Lake: 2008
Cypress Harbor: 2010

We're staying 2 weeks this year and will be at Imperial Palms for the 1st week and need some recommendations for the 2nd week. It's been awhile obviously for both Grande Vista and Harbor Lake so I'm wondering if there's any new renovations they've done since we've visited. Or if there's another resort we should think of trying out?

Our vacation party consists of my mom, DH, DS5, DD3 and DD1. So as of now leaning towards Harbor Lake because they loved the Pirate Pool when we went, but again it would be cool to try something new. Any thoughts on Royal or Sabal Palms? :thumbsup2

how about the Lakeshore Reserve - it is kind of new here the website

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcolr-marriotts-lakeshore-reserve/

staying at Sabal palms in June/july of this year - so can say more once I return

there is one thing that I don't like about Sabal - it does not have a whirlpool tub - only a super big shower. Royal still has the whirlpool tub.
'
Sabal did get excellent reviews and it is much closer to the the World center

you could also ask here
http://tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29

found out something else bad (for me) about Sabal - it allows smoking - since I am allergic to tobacco - this is not good for me.

Thanks for the notes about Sabal Palms! I might rule that one out then. Lakeshore Reserve actually had been my top choice but they haven't had availability on Interval (where we trade) for the past 3 years, which is why I didn't list it. :confused3

We love Harbor Lake. I think it has the most kid friendly pools. I also love that its a smaller resort and you don't have to walk far or drive to the pools/activities.

We stayed at Grand Vista last May and it seemed to need some renovation.

Cypress Harbor is our favorite but with the age of your kids, I would do harbor lake.

Your kids are the perfect ages for Harbour Lake. We only made it there once when both kids were young enough to appreciate it. I would love to go back but there is nothing for older kids to do so I doubt we ever will see it again. Believe me in a few years you will be stuck at the resorts geared for older kids and adults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter