Your favorite "lesser known" Christmas Songs

From Aaron Neville's Soulful Christmas ...

Such a Night

and

Louisiana Christmas Day (this one is Zydeco and is a GREAT road song)

"I Want A Beatle for Christmas" by Becky Lee Beck - novelty residue of the British Invasion from December 1964:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZd1rsW6UTg

"The Magic of Christmas Day" - written by Dee Snider of Twisted Sister
:eek: and somehow ended up being recorded by Celine Dion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWRH1-8pic8

"Silent Night," the rarely played Wilson Phillips version from the "A Very Special Christmas 2" which was released in 1992. Arguably the most hauntingly powerful "pop" version of this carol ever recorded.

I love Trans Siberian. I could listen to my CD for days and days.
Mary, Did you Know?
Jewell's version of O Holy Night. Just beautiful.
Where are you Christmas? Faith Hill

And for pure fun (and so many of my childhood memories)
The Twelve Pains of Christmas
"Rigging up the lights."
"Now, why the hell are they blinking?"
"I need a drink." :rotfl:

Good Times!

Thanks for reminding me of this. I thought of this song but couldn't remember the name of it. The Twelve Pains of Christmas! :goodvibes

There was also a song I remember from years ago that was about driving a beat up Chevy, sung to the tune of Jingle Bells. I never hear it anymore. Anyone else remember it? Chorus:

Rust and smoke, the heater's broke,
the door just blew away!
I light a match, to see the dash,
and then I start to pray-ay!
The frame is bent, the muffler went,
the radio, it's okay.
Oh what fun it is to drive this rusty Chevrolet!

my hipster christmas playlist!

o come o come emmanuel- sufjan stevens (actually his whole christmas cd....)

good king wenceslas- relient k (you have to listen to it, makes me laugh every time)

christmas (baby, please come home) - death cab for cutie

when i get home for christmas - snow patrol

My favorite is the entire Donny Osmond Christmas album.
And especially my favorite Christmas song "Marry Did you Know?"

One of my 'new' favorites is 'Spotlight on Christmas' by Rufus Wainwright.

I also like 'We Three Kings' by Sarah McLachlan and Bare Naked Ladies

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings by Barenaked Ladies featuring Sarah McLaughlin. I can seriously jam to that song! Wonderful harmonies!

My hate to admit fave: Hark! The herald angels sing from South Park. Cracks me up everytime, especially when Cartman sings real loud!

It's not Christmas until I hear "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by Bruce Springsteen and the E Steet Band - and Bruce singing "Merry Christmas Baby".

My all time favorite Christmas song is Fairytale of New York, by the Pogues. Second one is Happy Xmas (War is Over), by John Lennon.

The entire album, "John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together." My favorite song is When The River Meets the Sea.

Yes! and Yes! (The song is also from "Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas," which I love.) John Denver telling the story of "Silent Night" makes me tear up. (For some reason, "Silent Night" in German always gets to me.)

A couple of big lesser-known favorites for me are "Mele Kalikimaka" (sp?) the Hawaiian Christmas song, esp the good old version by Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters, and "Christmas in Killarney" - there's also a Bing Crosby version of this that I've known for years, but last year I found a really great version by a group called the Barra MacNeils (it's on youtube).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter