Your favorite ice cream treats

DharmaLou

Once a Princess, Always a Princess
DD6 and I are doing a 3 day mom/kiddo trip in late June. We've decided that one day we are only going to eat ice cream/ice cream treats! I mean, where and when else in life can you get away with this?? So, I'd love to hear your favorite ice cream treats and suggestions!

Oh... and Dole Whip will be considered ice cream for the purpose of this day and thus consumed, most likely for breakfast since it IS fruity and all :)

I had a hankering today for a sundae from ghirardheli at DCA. Definitely something to share but sooooooooo good!

I like the hand-dipped ice cream bars at Clarabelle's in DCA. You can get vanilla or chocolate ice cream or raspberry sorbet for the bar. Then it is dipped in milk or dark chocolate. Then you can have it showered in chocolate chips or sprinkles. One of those bars must have my entire calorie allotment for the day, but they are so good.

I'm also a big fan of the ice cream sundaes at Ghirardelli's. They are expensive and not even the best ice cream I've ever tasted (probably just Dreyer's like the rest of the park ice cream), but I really like the flavor combinations I've had there. I'm a fan of Ghirardelli chocolate too.

I like the hand-dipped ice cream bars at Clarabelle's in DCA. You can get vanilla or chocolate ice cream or raspberry sorbet for the bar. Then it is dipped in milk or dark chocolate. Then you can have it showered in chocolate chips or sprinkles. One of those bars must have my entire calorie allotment for the day, but they are so good.

I'm also a big fan of the ice cream sundaes at Ghirardelli's. They are expensive and not even the best ice cream I've ever tasted (probably just Dreyer's like the rest of the park ice cream), but I really like the flavor combinations I've had there. I'm a fan of Ghirardelli chocolate too.

THIS!! Berry sorbet, dark chocolate, and the WHOLE HERD! That's all of the spinkles plus pop rocks!! Most awesome ice cream dessert at DCA!!

First off... That is so great that just you and DD are going together. I surprised DD with a trip 4 years ago, it was so much fun!!!!

All ice cream day sounds fabulous. I would go to Gibson Girl for a sundae. The portions are big, I feel like its a pretty good value for your dollar. Last trip we went to Clarabelle's for the first time and that was a lot of fun "creating" our own ice cream bar, very tasty. Then my third stop would be Ghirardelli for a milkshake!!!

I love the milkshakes from ghiradellis. So yummy! I bet your little one would think the mickey shaped ice cream sandwiches are neat.

I love the choc covered Mickey heads... and we found the Kitchen sink at Clarabelle's in DCA CA oh dear.. that was totally crazy and awesome.. you get to take the sink home with you.. yeah !! :flower1: Dole whips of course... :earboy2: I always have Chocolate covered Mickeys for breakfast..!! lol

Thanks! We love the Mickey's Premium Bars, frozen bananas, and have had many Dole Whips over the years, but really haven't done much in the way of ice cream other than that! I've seen pics of the Kitchen Sink and it looks awesome, and have never stopped at Ghiradelli.

Has anyone had a Churro ice cream sandwich yet? I've heard mixed reports.

I will second the vote for Ghirardelli but I just had a mint chocolate chip sundae from Golden Horseshoe Saloon and it was pretty dang good...and I am bit of an Ice Cream snob!

Here is a tip...they can "split" a sundae. We did that as we were not all THAT hungry and we made out much better with one spit sundae as opposed to sharing one serving! Basically made out with two single scoop sundaes and no skimping on toppings!

Hagen Dazs in DTD will also split milkshakes.

I love the Mickey Ice Cream sandwiches... but avoid the pre-packaged ice cream products if you are on an ice cream adventure as they are no different than store bought products.

The soft serve in DCA on your way to Screamin is pretty decent as well.

I will second the vote for Ghirardelli but I just had a mint chocolate chip sundae from Golden Horseshoe Saloon and it was pretty dang good...and I am bit of an Ice Cream snob!

Here is a tip...they can "split" a sundae. We did that as we were not all THAT hungry and we made out much better with one spit sundae as opposed to sharing one serving! Basically made out with two single scoop sundaes and no skimping on toppings!

Hagen Dazs in DTD will also split milkshakes.

I love the Mickey Ice Cream sandwiches... but avoid the pre-packaged ice cream products if you are on an ice cream adventure as they are no different than store bought products.

The soft serve in DCA on your way to Screamin is pretty decent as well.

Splitting the banana split. I like that.

I just learned about the Kitchen Sink Sundae at PCH grill, it is an enormous custom sundae =D !!
DSC02048-d@d.jpg

Question - can you go to PCH Grill and order JUST the Kitchen Sink? There's no way either of us could eat anything else besides that!

Dharma, Yes, but only at lunch or dinner, also at $22 it is a steal compared to the somewhat similar Earthquake Ice Cream at
Ghirardelli Soda Fountain, Which is $35
Earthquake_1920x10802_zps35f49255.jpg

Thanks! We love the Mickey's Premium Bars, frozen bananas, and have had many Dole Whips over the years, but really haven't done much in the way of ice cream other than that! I've seen pics of the Kitchen Sink and it looks awesome, and have never stopped at Ghiradelli.

Has anyone had a Churro ice cream sandwich yet? I've heard mixed reports.

I tried the churro ice cream sandwich on our January trip. I didn't care for it. The churro didn't have any seasoning on it so it was pretty tasteless and then adding in the ice cream just made it a soggy mess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter