Your Favorite Drinks (spiked) Around The World Showcase?

You know right next to Germany is the Outpost. That could be a great place to meet. It probably won't be as crowded as one of the countries. By that time we probably won't be hard to spot. I think at that time there should be 10 or more of us, since DR and Melissa wil have to leave early. SCDizneyDawn (Dawn) is wanting to join us in the afternoon around 3pm or 4pm. I believe that she has 4 in her party. We could say that we will be at the Outpost at 3:30pm for any that would like to join in the fun. If we have made it further than the Outpost we could always back up a bit to meet. Also, if someone is late I'm sure that finding us won't be a problem since they know the direction that we are traveling. Sound good to everyone?

Oh, one more thing…I’ll probably be coming from the Future World entrance, so I won’t be in France right at 11. Please don’t leave without me!

Well we can't leave without you because we have to have a drink there first.:D Don't worry, we will make sure that we don't leave until at least 11:30am, maybe later. And since you are meeting Steve and me at Jellyrolls Saturday night you should at least know what we look like.

Also, I have talked with Dawn and we will be meeting her and her gang in Italy around 2:30pm.

Sounds fun, I wonder if anyone else will join us?

Sounds like fun, I'll be there. We arrive May 11th, it will be just myself. If I'm not there by 11:00 I'll try to meet you somewhere along the way. We are staying at BWV so I'll grab my Kir Royal and hunt you all down:D

One thing, if people are interested - is for each person to get a hat in each country. Berets, Fez's, Tyrolean hats, Brittish bobbie hats, Chinese hubcap hats, Viking helmets, sombreros, coonskin caps (we've found something everwhere but Japan and AA). It is an extra cost, but you become easy to spot! Thats one of the things that gets funnier the more you drink! All we had to do was look for DR in the red fez!

I really wish we could stick around to the end, but we have to catch our plane home!

We've never made it as far as Pleasure Island afterwards, but the last two years we went over to Kimonos for drinks and Kareoke before we called it a night.

Depending on when they bring the floats out for Illuminations - be careful around the outpost and the bridge (we had a bit of confusion there year before last) We lost two people in Germany - lost one in China and when we tried to regroup back at the outpost the bridge went up and we all got split up! It was pretty funny!

See y'all soon!

Melissa

We should each get a hat in each country?? That's a lot of hats. Of course, by the end of this thing nobody will know how many hats they're wearing.

Hi All,

We have to leave on Monday but not till 6pm so if ya'll don't mind, We'd love to join in the fun....

Rick

I am SOO tempted to book a flight and join you!! This sounds like it has a promising future, if you all make it out alive!

RE: the hats,
Instead of "Pin Trade" do a hat trade. Everyone come with a hat-baseball cap or whatever, and then when you find the "perfect" hat from a country that suits you, get that one. By the end of the day all countries will be represented and you can trade among yourselves or tempt CM's or curious on lookers to trade.

I once had a cider w/ a shot of "something" in it at the Rose & Crown--very good! The "something" definately had a bite to it though.

Now, is this Norway drink a type of beer?

Thought I would post an update of everyone that that will be there so far:

SCDizneyDawn - Party of 4
TDCNala - Party of 1
Pugsley - Party of 1
Alice Sr. - Party of 1
Micca - Party of 1
Dr & Mellissa - Party of 2
Minnie820 - Party of 4
Sandman 8 - Party of 2
Eva - Party of 2

If I have your party number wrong or missed your name just give me a pm. I am in the process of trying to come up with some type of small button or name tag so we can keep everyone's name straight. If I don't have your first name I'll pm you for it. Looks like we are going to have a fairly good turn out.

Only 35 more days!

Just returned from WDW. Try the MARGARITAS at CSR pool awesome, ask for a tall cup...........

Darn it! It figures we're going to WDW May "04. Make sure you post your Cheers to the World Showcase Tour when you get back! I'd love to hear about your selection of beverages and if they were a thumbs up or thumbs down.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Hopefully, you won't be seeing anything green bouncing up and down when you are done!:p :earseek: :earseek:

Thanks again for all the replies!
Kimbra :)

Love this post! We don't arrive until 5/16 so will miss the fun, but sounds great. So refreshing to learn that there are some people on these boards who know how to let their hair down and really enjoy themselves as Disney.

I updated the list and there are at least 14 of us now!

Eva,
Sorry for the delay..... There are two of us, looking forward to seeing y'all.

Rick

Nala, LOL, it would be pretty funny to see just how many hats we can get on our heads, but that would be a little expensive! I’m guessing that Melissa meant each person buys a hat in a different country (like nezy’s idea, but I doubt the CMs would trade a hat for a hat – I’ll think we’ll have to trade money for a hat!). Rick, you are a brave man – if I tried this on my departure day I would never make my flight!

We won't be there till June 7th, so we will miss the fun.

But my favorite is a large Ringnes Beer and a Linie Aquavit in Norway. A large Kirin in Japan goes well, too. Despite being originally German (or perhaps because of it) I avoid the German food and drink. (Never had good German food in the US except in my house.)

Prost! Skol!! Sante! Salud!:jester:

Can I play? Ds and I will be in Epcot on the 12th. We are going to have school there, so I won't be able to keep up with the rest of you, but we can meet up on our "break" for a couple. We are planning on doing FW in the morning to early afternoon and then WS around 1 or 2pm. I'll keep reading to see how the details unfold. Since I can't get snockered with the rest of you at Epcot, if anyone is planning on going to AC afterwards, I can meet up with you there. This sounds like a lot of fun!

Hi idontknow - I would love to go to AC, I have never been. I should be ok by night time:D my own personal DATW is a Kir Royal in France, a glass of German wine, and a kiwi margarita in Mexico, that should leave me with enough left over for some AC time. (of course 3 drinks for me is probably equal to 9 for a normal person) We can discuss it when you catch up with us, I bet there will be some other game souls.

Any other DATWer's interested in the AC?

What a fun thread! I wish I could be there to join you. We won't be going this year until Nov. 1; maybe we can start something for then.
Have a great time!!:bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter