• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your favorite Disney Restaurant?

snow_flake_ball

Earning My Ears
We will be going to the WDW in September. We would love to hear of your favorite disney restaurant. What was the highlight of the restaurant?
We would like some recommendations. The atmosphere is open to suggestions. Thank you fellow disers. :sunny:

Hands down, our favorite place to eat is BOMA at Animal Kingdom Lodge. This is a "buffet" but it is NOT your typical fare! I can't even begin to describe the amazing food they have! The carrot ginger soup, the falafel, the zebra domes! Yummy, yummy, yummy! We will be dining here in July and both DH and I are going "light" that day so we can fill our bellies!

Ok, we also like the following:

'Ohana - great atmosphere and food.
Crystal Palace - dinner - great food and wonderful interaction from Pooh and friends.
California Grill - I like it more than DH. Great atmosphere, wonderful food, great service, and if you can snag a table by the window, you'll have an amazing view of the Magic Kingdom.

Hope this helps!

CG at the CR!! Dining while having the best seating to view the MK fireworks.

YSH at the YC great food and servers.

FF at the BW fresh seafood and great steaks.

We have a bunch of favorites. #1 is Teppanyaki; we enjoy that style of food and it's a tradition for our last dinner of EVERY trip. #2 is Marrakesh; been there five times for lunch and it never has let us down. The kids really enjoy this place. #3 is the Concourse Steakhouse. Over the years, it has become our traditional first night dinner. Then it's off to the MK to begin our WDW adventure. Can't forget Crystal Palace for breakfast or Kona Cafe for lunch. We really build our vacation around our meals; it's one of the few times that we can get together as a family and really enjoy ourselves. Just can't wait for 8/4 when it starts all over again.

My 3 favorite:

1. Rose and Crown - UK pavilion at Epcot
2. O'hana - Polynesian Resort
3. Whispering Canyon Cafe - Wilderness Lodge Resort

We like Fultons Crab House (DD), Alfredo's (Epcot), Sci-Fi (MGM).

Sci-Fi has okay food, but we like the atmosphere. Really great theming.
Alfredos has great Italian food. My husband likes the lasagne and I like the alfredo (and the cannoli :) ).
Fultons has really good lobster and crab legs. It is considered a pricier restaurant, but we feel it is well worth the price. We live in a landlocked state and have a hard time getting fresh seafood here.

Our favorite restaurant on property is Portobello Yacht Club, in Downtown Disney. We've eaten there three times now, and everything has been excellent each time. The service has been great, and you can sit out on their patio for a special treat. The patio looks out on the lagoon, and it's situated so that it's quiet too. It's very nice.

If there's a beef eater in your group, have them order the parmesan crusted steak.

I don't think I could pick just one, so my top 3 would have to be Boma, Marrakesh, and O'Hana. These are the 3 that are required on each trip. :earboy2:

Thank you to all who gave me such Great Recomendations. Now we just have to decide. Hard decision to make with so many great recomendations.
Thanks Disers :sunny:

Brown Derby, Narcooses, and Citrico's. We are really looking forward to visiting Le Cellier and Flying Fish on our next trip.

I would say our favorite is LeCellier at Epcot. The pretzel bread is fantastic. I am a big steak lover so I love it. We are looking forward to Yatchman Steak House as well this year.

For Breakfast we love the Kona Cafe at the Poly. The Tonga toast is awesome.

We also like the Crystal Palace for a Buffet and Columbia Harbor House for Counter Service.

My mostest favoritest place to eat at WDW is 'Ohana, in the Polynesian.

'Ohana ('Ohana means family, and family means nobody leaves the restaurant less than stuffed to the gills!) is a family-style restaurant in the Polynesian resort. The atmosphere is peaceful, relaxing, laid-back, and friendly, and the menu is fabulous (click here for the menu).

After the appetizers, the main courses come out on skewers; it's all you can eat of 4 different grilled meats - turkey, beef, pork, and tiger shrimp. Super tasty, and as much as you can handle.

There is also entertainment. There is usually a guy in the dining room playing soothing Polynesian music on a ukelele, and every so often there is a kids' game of either coconut bowling or hula-hoop contest.

For those in the mood for quiet and romance, grab a seat in the back near the windows. If you time your dinner just right, you can see Wishes through the windows, and the lights in the restaurant dim during the show and the music is piped in.

I have lots of favorites:

Breakfast:
1. Boma
2. Chef Mickey's
3. Cape May

Lunch:
1. Kona
2. Le Cellier
3. Casey's (I know it's not a restaurant per se, but it should be up here on this list)

Dinner:
1. 'Ohana
2. Le Cellier
3. Boma & Whispering Canyon Cafe tie

California Grill all the waaaayyyy!!! :cool1: Get a PS so you can dine during wishes and you will not be dissapointed :teeth:

I've also heard great things about Citricos. Gonna try it this Thursday.

For a buffet...O'hanas is excellent. Plenty of food, excellent atmosphere. :goodvibes

Lunch...Big River Brewery ;)

Hrmm... an no one mentioned CRT for dinner... that's my favorite... and how can you beat the atmosphere of being IN the castle eating dinner. In addition to the food being wonderful!

I also really enjoyed Boma and Le Cellier.

Wolfgang Pucks at DTD wasn't bad either.

the theme plsd the whole family including Dear ole Dad.

The cars, the short sci-clips, the burgers and onion rings...but most of all the SOLAR ECLIPSE "adult" shake.

I don't drink much ever, but this just had banana liquer added to the strawberry shake and the only reason why I got this one, was the only way for you to get the glowing ice cubes.
Our whole group of adults got a shake and they are w/out a doubt the best shakes we have ever experienced. Perfect is how I described mine. Not too cold, not runny, perfect.

I hope you make time for a least a shake (even the reg strawberry ones are just as good)

V-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter