Your favorite Deluxe

JerseyDisneyGirl

Mouseketeer
We just found out that we will be in a position to stay in a deluxe resort on our next trip (excluding Poly and GF). I am up in the air about where to stay, every place looks nice. I would love to hear what is your favorite and why.

excluding those, I have only stayed at the Contemporary then of the remaining deluxe resorts. I love it there. Very cool, modern and so close to the MK! Love that the monorail goes right inside.

You will get a lot of different answers for this. Because I have small children it would be CR because of the walkway to the MK. If I was going to spend most of my time at DHS or Epcot, then I like BC or BW, probably BW. But I like the Savannah so AKL for that. Depends on what you're looking for. They're all nice and you will have a great trip no matter what you pick.

I second the AKL, we just returned from there 3 weeks ago and it was Amazing! The decor is amazing, the atmosphere is amazing and the pools & restaurants are amazing. It is a little off the beaten path in relation to the rest of WDW, but its well worth it IMO:thumbsup2

We've only stayed at two -- the Contemporary and the Polynesian. Of those two, the Polynesian far surpasses the Contemporary as our favorite.

Of the deluxes that we've not stayed at, the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Beach Club are the only two we have any interest in.

I think it comes down to which parks you want to be closer to, if you have children and the pool facilities, etc. My pick, however, would be the AKL.

I'm biased so of course I would say AK!
When else can you wake up, sit on your porch and look at giraffe's and other amazing animals outside your door?

Contemporary and the Polynesian for me. Probably because for me they define Disney World.

Well, I have to tell you. After going twice to Walt Disney World (Wilderness Lodge the first time), I have to recommend staying off site. Why? Because the costs are obscene.

Let me put it to you this way. The four of us stayed at the Nickelodeon Hotel for about half of what we would have payed to stay at Disney. It's only a mile from the park. Plus you can get out and actually eat some real food that isn't outrageously priced.

I have stayed at all but the Poly and it really depends on how you are vacationing. I think AKL is the most spectacular. I love the decor there, I love the food, etc. and there's something wonderful about having my morning cup of tea, sitting on my balcony, watching the giraffes eat breakfast.

Location wise, I love the Epcot area resorts and will always pick one of those first. The dining options are so great in the area and I love being able to walk to 2 of the 4 parks. The pool at BC/YC is the best but I like the Boardwalk resort better.

If I had young children and planned to spend most of my time at MK, I would pick Contemporary.

Off site? What's that?:lmao: I could never recommend that....then again my opinion is very biased!

Anyway, we have stayed at all the deluxe resorts except the YC. DH would pick the GF as his favorite and I would say the POLY. But you said we can't pick those so.....I would pick AKL if I had a rental car or I wasn't planning on going into the parks at all or too often.(AKV is my favorite DVC resort). If we were going to go to the parks then I would pick the BWI.

Polynesian (#1 because of theme, location, pool), Grand Floridian, Boardwalk Inn. Only ones we've stayed at. Like in that order.

I think it depends upon what time of the year you go. If it's during "Pool" weather the Beach Club is hard to pass up, it's like having a water park at your resort. The other reason we like it so much is the walk to EPCOT

I love animals, and I love sipping coffee from the balcony and watching them roam -- so it's AKL for me. I love it so much I bought DVC there.

I've stayed at all the deluxes except for CR and GF. Neither of them appeal to me for some reason.

Since you've already ruled out the Poly, I would go with my next favorite: BWI. I love the location!

YC was beautiful but it was too inconvenient to walk over to the BC to get a drink refill or something quick to eat. The BC itself I found to be very noisy.

The AKL was beautiful and very peaceful. I just like the location of BW better. WL did nothing for me!

I have stayed at the Contemporary, the Beach Club, and the Polynesian. The Contemporary is my favorite by light years. I love everything about it. I was not fond of the Polynesian - too spread out for one thing. I will be trying the Wilderness Lodge and the Grand Floridian soon. I probably won't try the Animal Kingdom Lodge because I'm there for the parks and it's just too far off the beaten track. I would never recommend staying off site. I've done that and just felt it really added up to a diminished experience. :teacher:

Well, I have to tell you. After going twice to Walt Disney World (Wilderness Lodge the first time), I have to recommend staying off site. Why? Because the costs are obscene.

Let me put it to you this way. The four of us stayed at the Nickelodeon Hotel for about half of what we would have payed to stay at Disney. It's only a mile from the park. Plus you can get out and actually eat some real food that isn't outrageously priced.

I agree with you. I like Disney resorts but the best resorts I have found are off site.

I stayed at Marriott, pool view, valet parking, super service, great food, fantastic spa and attention beyond any Disney resort. And it was less expensive. To get the same Disney service (if you could) would run 1,000.00/day. I paid less than half that.

But I do like staying on site and often do. But for real luxury, I would go off site.

I love animals, and I love sipping coffee from the balcony and watching them roam -- so it's AKL for me. I love it so much I bought DVC there.

Ditto. I fell in love with AKL from the moment I walked into to the lobby. I loved it so much that I purchased DVC there as a 25th b-day present to myself.

I would love to stay at the poly, i've been there several times to eat at Ohana. Now that I own DVC I would need to get a really good rate to stay here though :sad1:

I also really enjoyed WL. I stayed there 2 christmas' ago and really enjoyed the woodsy atmosphere. It was very quiet and relaxing. Especially on the Villa side of the resort.

I will be staying at CR/BLT for the first time in September and BCV for the first time in December. I am very excited to be trying both of them out.

Thanks, but we really love staying on Disney property. We use ME, so no need to rent a car, or deal with traffic. And we are looking at Sept 2011, hoping to get free dining.

AKL is amazing. The atmosphere is so wonderful. There is nothing like sitting on your balcony and watching a giraffe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter