Your favorite christmas Baking recipes

auralia

DIS Veteran
Thought it would be fun and useful to share our favorite recipe for christmas goodies. I always went home for christmas in the past and this is the first time in 30 years I am not, so I will be doing the baking instead of just helping my mother with the finishing touches. I'll start with mine!

It is actually for cake pops, but i coat them in chocolate and then tint some white chocolate with food coloring to make it christmasy. I also add some melted mint chocolate chips in the mix too for variety!

I use my moms cake recipe (no idea where it comes from)

3 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. cocoa (I use an extra Tbsp mom doesn't)
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda

mix all together, create well in center and add

2 c. COLD water
3/4 c. oil (I add about 1.5 extra tbsp oil, mom doesn't)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. vinegar

blent until well mixed

bake in 9x13 pan at 350 for 25-30 minutes

wait to cool, crumble and add one container of your favorite iceing (I use dunken hines chocolate!) and mix together. Refridgerate for 1 hour.

Form into balls or use a mold. I have a cute little cupcake mold I use and it eliminates the need for sticks http://browncookie.com/products/my-little-cupcake-pop-mold?gclid=CPDXjZuc7bMCFQvznAodq2EAqg. Of course from here on out it's just regular cake pop directions.

I use guittard chocolate for coating, it is the best tasting IMHO especially the mint chips, they add just the right minty flavor (I only drizzle the mint I don't coat in mint that would be a bit much). I made 250 of these last year and they were gone in 4 days! (large family though).

So what is your favorite thing to make at christmas? Dh is military and I would like to make a goodie plate for each of the families in his element (about 20 or so) and so would love your favorites!
:thanks:

Here's mine that I do every year!
(P.B Choc. Balls)
2-C. P.B
1/2- C. Butter
( melt together on med. heat )
3 -C. Rice Krispies cereal
1- box powdered sugar- 16oz.
( mix dry ingredients together in large bowl, then add melted pb and butter and form into balls. Refrige a couple hours and dip into melted chocolate of your choice. Drop onto waxed paper and let dry. Yum Yum, my whole family loves these and ask for them every year!!:lovestruc )

I absolutely love baking and actually sell baked goods sometimes...
Here is a list of my favorite cookies (some of these are my own personal creations)

Snickerdoodles
Clear the cupboard cookies
Peanut Butter Toffee cookies
Vanilla cream custard truffles
Cream cheese danishes (less a danish and more tiny pieces of HEAVEN!!!)
Sweet Empanaditas
English bars (Austrian recipe)

Love the Peanut butter chocolate balls!!! I made them the past two years and now make extra because everyone wants them lol. I sometimes melt wax chips into the chocolate. It gives them a smooth shiny professional look!

Yay at least i got one recipe but would love more!

Please and thank you!

I'll try to remember to dig mine up tonight. :thumbsup2 I have a few tried & true favorites that we make every year but I don't have them here with me at work. (shhh! lol)

I have about 30 recipes I use. I don't do them all every year, I usually do about 10 kinds of cookies and a couple cakes or bars. I'll pick out a few and type them up and post them later.

I absolutely love baking and actually sell baked goods sometimes...
Here is a list of my favorite cookies (some of these are my own personal creations)

Snickerdoodles
Clear the cupboard cookies
Peanut Butter Toffee cookies
Vanilla cream custard truffles
Cream cheese danishes (less a danish and more tiny pieces of HEAVEN!!!)
Sweet Empanaditas
English bars (Austrian recipe)

Would you like to share the recipe for your vanilla cream custard truffles?
They sound delicious!!

Chocolate Mint Biscotti

So easy, you use a cake mix.

1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
1 Stick melted butter
2 eggs
1/3 cup flour
½ tsp mint extract

Mix above ingredients until mixture forms a dough. Divide into two pieces and press out each piece into a long, flat log onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
Cut at an angle and turn each piece onto its side and bake at 300 degrees for another 10 or 15 minutes until crisp.
Melt white chocolate or almond bark to frost and then decorate with sprinkles. You can add chocolate chips or sliced almonds or anything else to the dough before baking.

Cream Wafers
(from Taste of Home magazine) are my sister's absolute favorites. We don't make the filling using the recipe here, but we use a buttercream as a base & then divide it into smaller amounts & add different flavorings as well as color. We've made strawberry, almond, orange, lemon, vanilla, chocolate, mint, etc.) They are a little labor intensive, but worth it! We use a shot glass as a cutter & the rounds are about the size of an oreo. (we also sugar them before placing them on the baking sheet like it says in the recipe) http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Cream-Wafers

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar

FILLING:1/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
1 drop each red and green food coloring

Directions
In a small bowl, beat the butter, flour and cream. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.

On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1-1/4-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar. Prick each cookie 3-4 times with a fork.

Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.

In a small bowl, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough cream to achieve desired consistency. Remove half to another bowl; tint one portion of filling with red food coloring and the other half with green. Carefully spread filling on bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: 2 dozen sandwich cookies.

Nutritional Facts 1 serving (1 each) equals 91 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.

Oreo Balls

Also super-simple, easy to make & a crowd pleaser!! We love them best with white chocolate/candy coating (more true to the oreo) but I like making them with other chocolate coatings sometimes too. I also use a mini-processor to grind the cookies rather than a plastic bag.

We seriously fight over these - they're like mini-oreo cheesecakes! :thumbsup2

1 pkg. Oreos
1 8-oz pkg. cream cheese
1 pkg. almond bark

Twist Oreos and take apart.
Scrape cream from cookies and put into large bowl. Add cream cheese to bowl and cream together.

Put remainder of cookies into a Ziploc and seal. Use a rolling pin to finely crush.

Add finely crushed cookies to the creamed mixture and stir.

Roll into 1-inch balls and chill.

Melt almond bark.

Dip cookie balls into almond bark and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.

Let set and enjoy!

Makes about 3-4 dozen.

Cream Wafers
(from Taste of Home magazine) are my sister's absolute favorites. We don't make the filling using the recipe here, but we use a buttercream as a base & then divide it into smaller amounts & add different flavorings as well as color. We've made strawberry, almond, orange, lemon, vanilla, chocolate, mint, etc.) They are a little labor intensive, but worth it! We use a shot glass as a cutter & the rounds are about the size of an oreo. (we also sugar them before placing them on the baking sheet like it says in the recipe) http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Cream-Wafers

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar

FILLING:1/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
1 drop each red and green food coloring

Directions
In a small bowl, beat the butter, flour and cream. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.

On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1-1/4-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar. Prick each cookie 3-4 times with a fork.

Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.

In a small bowl, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough cream to achieve desired consistency. Remove half to another bowl; tint one portion of filling with red food coloring and the other half with green. Carefully spread filling on bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: 2 dozen sandwich cookies.

Nutritional Facts 1 serving (1 each) equals 91 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.

These are ridiculously good!! I've made them before.

Christmas Crunch

super easy and one of those addictive sweet-salty things. My neighbors call it Christmas crack because it's so addictive

2 cups rice krispies
2 cups plain cheerios
2 cups salted cocktail peanuts (no skin)
2 cups plain holiday M&Ms
(2 cups mini marshmallows, which I usually omit as it makes it super sweet and I don't dig the texture; I just add a bit more of the other ingredients)
1 package white almond bark

Combine everything but almond bark in a large bowl. Melt almond bark, pour over other ingredients and stir to coat. Spread out over wax or parchment paper to cool. When set, break apart and enjoy. Stores well.

The Oreo balls are AMAZING!!! How did I forget about those?

Santa's Surprise Cookies

2sticks butter, softened
1cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1cup sugar
2eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3&1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1bag Snickers brand monitored, unwrapped
Powdered sugar
1bag Dove milk or dark chocolate gifts

Combine butter, peanut butter, and sugars using a mixer on medium to low speed until light & fluffy.
Slowly add eggs & vanilla until thoroughly combined. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt.
Cover & chill dough for 2-3 hours.
Remove dough from refrigerator divide into 1 tablespoon pieces and flatten each.
Place a Snickers miniature candy in the center of each dough.
Form the dough into a ball around each candy.
Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Baking time may vary If using more than 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie. Mine usually take 15-18 minutes. Bake at 325 degrees.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar, melt Dove chocolate gifts and drizzle over the top of cookies.
Let the chocolate drizzle set before storing.

I usually do on a wire rack with waxed paper underneath. The decorating makes a mess, but it's worth it, IMO.

Would you like to share the recipe for your vanilla cream custard truffles?
They sound delicious!!

No problem:goodvibes They are almost identical to the oreo balls (I'd just like to add that when we make our oreo balls we never scrape out the middle section...it's so much easier just crushing the oreos and mixing them thoroughly with the cream cheese :confused3)

For my vanilla cream custard truffles I use:

2 pkgs. Hill Custard Cream cookies, crushed up
1 pkg. cream cheese

Mix cream cheese with crushed up cookies...freeze dough for about 30 minutes to 1 hour

Roll into balls and put back in the freezer to harden them up again.

Melt 12 oz. of Baker's White chocolate (I find it easiest to melt in the microwave about 20 seconds per square - keep checking and stirring to melt smooth!)

Using two forks roll balls in white chocolate and let excess drip off before laying them on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.

Once done, freeze again.

We store ours in the freezer and eat them right out of the freezer! They are so amazing!!!

If I were taking them to a function I might also drizzle some semi sweet or sweetened baking chocolate on them!

Thanks discookiemonst now I just have to find those cookies!!

As long as you find something close to it, it'll work as well...these say they are "vanilla flavour cream sandwich biscuits" Instead of round like oreos, these are rectangle shape cookies, vanilla flavored cookies with custard cream sandwiched in between them. I have used others that are close to these and it has worked as well. These are just really good AND really cheap, lol:rotfl:

These are ridiculously good!! I've made them before.

Christmas Crunch

super easy and one of those addictive sweet-salty things. My neighbors call it Christmas crack because it's so addictive

2 cups rice krispies
2 cups plain cheerios
2 cups salted cocktail peanuts (no skin)
2 cups plain holiday M&Ms
(2 cups mini marshmallows, which I usually omit as it makes it super sweet and I don't dig the texture; I just add a bit more of the other ingredients)
1 package white almond bark

Combine everything but almond bark in a large bowl. Melt almond bark, pour over other ingredients and stir to coat. Spread out over wax or parchment paper to cool. When set, break apart and enjoy. Stores well.

DD and I just made this yesterday!! It is SO good!!! We didn't do marshmellows, either, but we used them to make Rice Krispie treats :) YUM!!

Love to make what I call Cracker Candy! Got the recipe from a friend, and they are super easy to make and are delicious. Kinda end up tasting a bit like a Skor Bar. And they'er made out of regular soup crackers! Instead of typing out the recipe my friend gave me, I simply googled cracker candy and voila, there are dozens of recipes. Here's a link to one that includes step-by-step pictures & instructions. Enjoy!

http://www.deepsouthdish.com/2008/10/chocolate-toffee-bark.html

I'll take a peak in my book of recipes and see if there's anymore - this one just instantly popped in my head - they're that good:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter