Your Fav Modest Resort?

BunsonHoneyDew

Earning My Ears
We have been staying at the Disney Caribbean the last 2 times we have been in FL, but I think it's time for a change. But my husband loves the atmosphere, and he loves walking the grounds, but I am looking for another modest resort.. Does anyone have any awesome suggestions?

Port Orleans French Quarter

It is a smallest moderate resort with nice walking paths, a fun pool and a short walk to the bus stops/check in.

All the other mod resorts are so large they have 4 or more bus stops and a walk back to the restaurant can take 10+ minutes.

I'd say Port Orleans Riverside. We were there in October and fell in love!! It is absolutely gorgeous and since your husband likes strolling grounds...even better!! It has a wonderful and spacious food court with great options!! The Build-Your-Own-Pasta is Ah-mazing! There's also the boat to DTD which is a plus! I can't even begin to tell you how relaxing it is!! I found myself just sitting on a bench or rocking chair and watching people. The pools are great also! Old Man's Island is always hopping and the quiet pools are so peaceful!! Obviously I loved it:goodvibes I highly recommend Riverside!!!

I love the small resort feeling at Port Orleans French Quarter, and having the boat to DTD is a wonderful alternative to the buses. We stayed in building 7 and it still only took a few minutes to walk to the bus stop or to the food court to fill our mugs. It was also only a short walk over to Port Orleans Riverside, and you can use their pools as well. :)

We prefer Coronado Springs. Beautiful grounds. Maybe the best pool (other than Stormalong) on Disney property. Outstanding bus service, no sharing with any other resort. It is a large resort so the walking path around the lake is almost a mile. If you have a refillable mug, it may be empty by the time you make it back to your room!

We have been staying at the Disney Caribbean the last 2 times we have been in FL, but I think it's time for a change. But my husband loves the atmosphere, and he loves walking the grounds, but I am looking for another modest resort.. Does anyone have any awesome suggestions?

If your husband is like me and does not need everything within a couple of feet from the room, then I would suggest POR. I like getting up early and taking a nice stroll around this wonderfully themed resort. You have a river, bridges, a manson section and a bayou section, just a great walking resort. If you want to be close to the main bldg, they do offer a preferred section, but we never have. Go to the POR site and view some of the pictures. They have a boat to DTD, you can rent surrey bikes or boats, they have a funny entertainer in Yeehaa Bob and if you like you can rent a carriage ride.

Another POR fan here. We've only stayed at POR because we have a family of five, but we absolutely love it! :love:The kids loved the slide at the pool and the resort is just beautiful. Like others said, the paths are nice to take a stroll on, there are Surrey bikes, fishing and like French Quarter, you can take a boat to DTD. Staying at either resort will give you access to both pools. I too, would suggest visiting portorleans.org.

POR or Coronado. I like them both. :thumbsup2

this. We've stayed at both POR and CS in the past year and loved them both. POR is my favorite, though. Beautiful landscaping, great theme, and they have Magic Cookie Bars at the bakery in Riverside Mill--everyone should try them at least once!

I've stayed at POR, CSR anbd CBR. It's really hard to choose! I liked the bus service at CSR the best, we like the zero entry pool ay CBR for our smaller kids and the overall look and feel (plus the boat to DTD) of POR. honestly don't think you can go wrong with any of the mods. They are our favorites.

I've stayed at POFQ and CSR recently. If you like the layout of the CBR then you'll probably love the Coronado. Personally, I prefer a smaller report and feel in love with the French Quarter. One note on the CSR, there are a lot of conventions that happen there so you'll see more people running to and fro and I found the main areas to be quite crowded and loud. It was a nice resort and someday I may give it another shot, but if it were between the CSR and POR, I'd go for Riverside.

If he likes the atmosphere at CBR, I think he'd enjoy CSR. It gorgeous and has a similar laid-back feel (yay for hammocks!) I love it at night, and though it's big, it doesn't feel crowded. You can always opt for a preferred room to make sure the walk to the gift shop isn't that bad- though our walk at CBR felt much longer! POR is nice since the updates, but I love CSR. :-)

If he likes the atmosphere at CBR, I think he'd enjoy CSR. It gorgeous and has a similar laid-back feel (yay for hammocks!) I love it at night, and though it's big, it doesn't feel crowded. You can always opt for a preferred room to make sure the walk to the gift shop isn't that bad- though our walk at CBR felt much longer! POR is nice since the updates, but I love CSR. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter