Kona (breakfast or lunch/dinner)
Brown Derby lunch menu

Have you been to any? What was your experience, would you return

I've been to....

Ohana
Biergarten (multiple times)
Via Napoli (multiple times)
Sci Fi

I've had enjoyable experiences at all of these restaurants and I will return to them all. :thumbsup2

We have been to all of these. Kona, Sci Fi, and Brown Derby are the ones we frequent most. Shutters was a wonderful surprise, delicious food and at a Moderate resort!

We went to Biergarten on our last trip, Nov. 2014, for dinner though. We liked it a lot, and my DD 14 loved it so much that I have an ADR for our next trip, in Feb. The buffet was huge, with a lot of foods that appeal to picky eaters and more adventurous alike, and the atmosphere was cool. We also went to Sci Fi for dinner last trip, and it's not a must do again. Me and my DDs watch a lot of MST3K, so the old hokie sci fi clips were funny to us, the dark cars were fun to sit in, but the food wasn't anything special. To me it's just a place to do once. Haven't tried any of the others, and don't even have them planned for next trip, mostly due to my family's pickiness!

We ate at Sci-fi and had a great time. Best milkshakes. Good hamburgers. Chef made me a very nice pasta dish with vegetables due to my allergies. I still remember it. It was really good.

Ohana – dinner
Biergarten - lunch
Sci Fi – dinner
Shutters - dinner
Via Napoli - dinner
The Wave dinner or lunch
Grand Floridian Café dinner or lunch
Brown Derby lunch menu

'Ohana - this was usually good, but our August dinner was a nightmare. It will be a long time before I go back

Shutters- a PP said this was a happy surprise, and I agree. We needed to cancel a CR dinner and so we booked Shutters because it was the TS at CBR and convenient. We were not expecting more than dinner. It was delightful and one of the best dining experiences of that trip.

Via Napoli- My family really enjoys this restaurant. We like the food in general, and have had items fro pizza, appetizers, entrees and desserts. It is consistent.

Kona- we have not been in a while but have enjoyed both breakfast and dinner there before.WE never were disappointed.

Been to all of them, several of them multiple times. All of them had adequate to good food and service.

Ohana – dinner
Biergarten - lunch
Sci Fi – dinner
Shutters - dinner
Via Napoli - dinner
The Wave dinner or lunch
Brown Derby lunch menu

Biergarten - love it; my boys' favorite in WS; food is good, oompah band is really fun
Sci-Fi - another of my boys' faves; food is ok; atmosphere is cool

Haven't been to the others.

Ohana – dinner

We've always had great dinner experiences here. One of our must-do's for every trip. We always get an early dinner seating as the restaurant seems to get behind as the dinner service progresses, which seems to sometimes result in slippage of quality and standards.

Biergarten - lunch

I have only done dinner. I thought the overall experience and restaurant ambiance (band, etc.) were really unique and memorable but thought the buffet food was just okay (and the lunch and dinner selections, from what I understand, are very similar).

Sci Fi – dinner

Never done.

Shutters - dinner

Never done.

Via Napoli - dinner

Our favorite restaurant in Epcot. We have only gone for lunch and have always stuck with the pizza (my #1 rule with any restaurant is to order what they're known for).

The Wave dinner or lunch

Never done.

Never done.

Have only done for breakfast (love the Tonga Toast).

Brown Derby lunch menu

Have only done for dinner. Although it's easily the best food in the Studios, it's not one of my overall favorite signatures. But I enjoy the Old Hollywood theme and atmosphere. I also like it for the Fantasmic package.

Of all of the above, 'Ohana and Via Napoli are our favorites.

Fans of 'Ohana and Kona. Not impressed with The Wave but that was the year they opened and we would be willing to try them again. Haven't tried the rest.

I have been to Biergarten and we really liked it. Good food, fun entertainment. We are trying a couple of others on your list next month.

Ohana – dinner
Biergarten - lunch
Sci Fi – dinner
Shutters - dinner
Via Napoli - dinner
The Wave dinner or lunch
Brown Derby lunch menu

Only been to Ohana breakfast and found service to be slow with limited food options, considering the price. It is a character breakfast though, so dinner may be better. Love Biergarten and Sci Fi - two super unique places you can only do at Disney. Loved Via Napoli. Kona breakfast was good but nothing we'd go out of our way for again.

Ohana – dinner
food seems to be better at early eatings, bit we prefer Kona. No reason to go back.

Biergarten - lunch
fun. We prefer Coral Reef at lunch.

Sci Fi – dinner
cool. Yes, we go back.

Shutters - dinner
never been

Via Napoli - dinner
great pizza. We prefer Tutto Gusto (but they don't take ADR's).

The Wave dinner or lunch
avoid (and we stay at Bay Lake Contemporary)

better than The Wave, we prefer Kona for casual on Monorail. Look at Mizner's small plate menu too.

best 3-meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner) menu at Disney. Biggest disappointment is the room in the lobby, never the food.

Brown Derby lunch menu
for Fantasmic! package - Yes. Otherwise, least favorite Signature.

see above

I really enjoyed Biergarten, and concur on Shutters. DH and I ate there when we stayed at CBR our first trip, and it was meant to be a quiet TS for the two of us in the midst of wedding chaos of a friend getting married at Epcot. We didn't really expect much, but it was good food and delightful.

Biergarten puts on a great show on a regular basis, and the food is really good. It's the antithesis of buffet food - It's just good food served buffet style.

We also ate Crystal Palace that same trip - And my friends and I still reference that experience. The characters were great... and that's where our enchantment with the restaurant ended. The food was not even up to a measurement of mediocre. It was a super-expensive Sizzler with fewer options. Yikes. Not what I expected out of Disney.

Ohana – dinner -- would eat here again, just not after a day of Drinking Around the World..... ;-) We are trying breakfast here in December.
Biergarten - lunch -- been multiple times, enjoy it and will return.
Sci Fi – dinner -- enjoy the atmosphere and food is decent, will return at some point.
Via Napoli - dinner (we went for lunch) -- loved the food here! Loud restaurant, but can't wait to return!
Brown Derby lunch menu (we did dinner here) -- we were underwhelmed without meal here and felt that the food was overhyped. Not bad food, just nothing outstanding to us. Likely won't return, may try the lounge at some point.

Hope you have a great trip and enjoyable meals!

Ohana – dinner......was on our must-do list but the last few visits haven't been great, if not downright terrible, so it's off our list for a while. If you have TIW, don't tell them until the very end (that may be why we've had terrible service as I always tell them at the beginning).
Biergarten - lunch....pretty dang good (also one of our must-do's).
Sci Fi – dinne...went this past August, for lunch, and we were pleasantly surprised as they seemed to have improved their food since we last went many years ago.
Shutters - dinner...went for the first time in August and it was spectacular. Really good steak and yummy banana booze drink. Nothing impressive about the atmosphere but pretty good food and GREAT service. A hidden gem.
Via Napoli - dinner...went once for lunch and food was just 'meh' for us. Service wasn't too great either.
The Wave dinner or lunch....never been.
Grand Floridian Café dinner or lunch...never been.
Kona (breakfast or lunch/dinner)...went for lunch and while service was great and the food was decent, it didn't wow me.
Brown Derby lunch men...went several years ago for lunch and it was okay to me but DH LOVED it and has been dying to go back (and he is ant-signature places due to being cheap).

Ohana – dinner
Biergarten - lunch
Sci Fi – dinner
Shutters - dinner
Via Napoli - dinner
The Wave dinner or lunch
Brown Derby lunch menu

Sci-Fi, shutters, Via Napoli, and Kona (Lunch) are the ones I've been to and I can't say a single bad thing about any of them.

I think the biggest surprise was Shutters. I never expected to have such a good meal at a moderate resort it was such a pleasant surprise. Service was great and the food was awesome as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter