Your experience with crowds last few days of September?

ladycollector

UCF Knights!
We will be there Sep 29th, 30th, & Oct 1st. (I'm not counting arrival/departure days.)

How are crowds? Any specific information? I've read that it's very low crowds but I was wondering if anyone had actually been during this time.

Thanks so much!! :sunny:

We were there in Otober a few years back and it was very quite at the parks. No lines to speak of. Great weather.

ladycollector said:
We will be there Sep 29th, 30th, & Oct 1st. (I'm not counting arrival/departure days.)
How are crowds? Any specific information? I've read that it's very low crowds but I was wondering if anyone had actually been during this time. :sunny:

New edition of The Unofficial Guide to WDW by Bob Sehlinger GET IT!! lists crowd level, best parks, and parks to avoid for every day individually, considers holidays and day of the week and everything. For your three days crowd levels are 5; 4; 5.

Crowd level 4 is the lowest listed for any day of the year. Never gets down to 3. Most of Sept/Oct level 4, a few 5s, one or two 6. To compare, July3 is a 9, Dec. 25 is a 10.

Weather a tossup, not counting hurricanes. Middle Sept can be can be some of the worst combination of heat and humidity and lots of rain. Early Oct if an early cold front pushes thru we can get a week of some of the most beautiful days of the year. Sept 29? You'll find out the weather when you get here. :teeth:

Heck, after looking at the crowds and weather, I think its time for me to plan a trip for early Oct. :teeth: Looks like a great time to visit.

Thankyou guys so much! I figured it would be a good time but it's always nice to have more information! :)

Just want to say I've been the last few Septembers and it had been a nice easy month to go UNTIL last September. Last year was free dining and I did indeed notice a very big difference in crowd size.

Maybe it wont be busy this year but I think it might be , I'm coming anyways!!!

:teeth:

Boston5602 said:
Just want to say I've been the last few Septembers and it had been a nice easy month to go UNTIL last September. Last year was free dining and I did indeed notice a very big difference in crowd size.

Maybe it wont be busy this year but I think it might be , I'm coming anyways!!!

:teeth:

How were your wait times? I usually go 2nd and 3rd week of December so I'm used to low to moderate crowds but not huge ones.

We were there last year the last days of Sept. thru early Oct. and we thought it was a bit crowded for the time of year.(it was our first time) The cast members said it was unusual and probably due to the free dining. Guess what they went and did again? The free dining will cause you to have more people than normal at that time but, it is nice weather and you can pick the parks that do not have Extra Magic Hours and pretty much sail onto the rides. We started to pick the "off" parks and that was the best tip I picked up on the web! Our wait times were minimal if at all! We rode Aeorsmith 3 times in a row, no waiting.

Dont forget- its free dining AND the food and wine festival at that time!

we stopped going in the beginning of oct because the crowds were getting more crazy year after year. i actually changed my dates from Sept 23/ Oct 1st to Sept 16th to the 24th because i didnt want to be anywhere near the F+W this year. its sad, b/c we used to have a great time!

but when you mix free dining and foodies- IMO- nothing good can come of it! :rotfl:

good luck!

I couldn't resist saving all this money and my kids have a day off so that helps taking them out of school.

I figure Disney offers this because they are usually at a low capacity. I also don't think every room they have is attached to free dining so it's still not going to be packed at that time of year.

No matter what kids are back in school and it's not June, July or first part of August! Weather is a jump ball. Taking a chance, but the bottom line is your in WDW make the best of it right? :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter