Your experience at port orleans riverside...?

I've heard great things about the piano bar & the sing alongs. Are children allowed in this area with their parents. I'm in the circumstance that my children will be with me 24/7 on this trip.

Thaknks!
popcorn::

Yes, Yeehaa Bob is actually geared towards kids.... but adults love him too.

We stayed at POR in May 2009... it was very nice... we stayed in the bayou section as we had 5 ladies in the room and needed the trundle bed. We found the staff to be kind, the pool was never crowded (but it was a raining week), the food court was fine.... never had to wait long for a bus... overall a nice stay. We have stayed at all the moderates and still prefer CSR but POR is a great choice!

Ill be staying there starting Tuesday for 7 days Ill let you know when we get back .Ive heard great things.....

Yes, Yeehaa Bob is actually geared towards kids.... but adults love him too.

I am very glad to hear this....one of the nights I have planned to go over to POR to go see him, I know my family will enjoy him, but I think my ILs will especially like to see him (they love that sort of comedy act). Thanks to all of you DISers out there, because of you I wouldn't of even known he was there :goodvibes. Hey wait a sec, isn't there another thread right now about this sort of thing????

Soon to be 7 out of 10 visits at POR can't be wrong. It doesn't feel like a big resort to me. What keeps my interest in POR :confused3 has me baffled but I like it there.

Soon to be 7 out of 10 visits at POR can't be wrong. It doesn't feel like a big resort to me. What keeps my interest in POR :confused3 has me baffled but I like it there.

I have to say, it baffles me too. I had a wonderful opportunity to stay at a deluxe this year and it didn't suit me at all.

POR has just got "it".:thumbsup2

We went in November 2009. We chose because we have a family of 5 and needed the Aligator Bayou Trundle Bed option. I would have preferred the Magnolia (I think this is right) Antebellum side but the trundles are only at Alligator Bayou. Our room was a nice walk from the main lobby but we were near the West Depot and it was so nice to not have to walk far to get on the bus. We used the buses for everything except our last day when we were leaving. It was very quiet. I will say that we got lost several times but the workers in the golf carts were always willing to take me back to my room. I can go on but we were pleased with our stay!

I have to say, it baffles me too. I had a wonderful opportunity to stay at a deluxe this year and it didn't suit me at all.

POR has just got "it".:thumbsup2

As you can see below, we tried a value, and CSR, but POR just keeps drawing us back.
We find it to be very relaxing, and peaceful.

We've not stayed at POR but we have visited twice (it would be our resort of choice if ours was not available). The food court is great (did not care for Boatwright's at all--but we could have hit a bad night); we love the theme of the resort and the layout and the grounds. I don't think you can go wrong with this choice.

DH and I stayed last month for the first time and love it! Beautiful buildings and landscaping, good food court, nice rooms. The towels are "well-loved", but otherwise we were very satisfied with our stay. I would recommend it to anyone.

My husband and I stayed there once and loved it. We were in the Magnolial Mansions. The grounds were beautiful. We loved waiting for the buses and watching NEWBIES run to the bus while OLD guests(3days or more) walked slowly as they knew one would come. After a couple of days in the park you just don't have the strength to hardly move. LOL We stay in the deluxe now but will always love Dixie Landings.

We just stayed there last November and really loved it! The rooms were roomy enough for 5 of us and my 3 kids loved the pools!

I will always love POR because it was the first hotel we every stared at on property. I remember being so impressed, wondering how the beautiful room we had could only be a moderate, not a deluxe. We pretty much had the quiet pool to ourselves the whole week. The CS was pretty good too, and the walk over to fill our mugs in the morning was so nice, beautiful landscaping!

I've been to Port Orleans Riverside twice: once in May 2008 and once in October 2008. The first time, my family stayed at the Magnolia Mansion guest rooms and the second time, we stayed in a more rustic cabin-type area. I much preferred the second time and definitely recommend the cabin area guest rooms. The main pool is also closer to the cabins, and it has a great slide and some wonderful theming. The dining hall at Riverside is not bad, but nowhere near as great as the one over at Port Orleans French Quarter. The gift shop actually has the best theming of any of the Moderate Resorts.

All in all, it's a very good resort, but I've stayed at all of the Moderate Resorts and my ranking (from best to worst) is as follows:

1. Port Orleans French Quarter (so fantastic!!)
2. Caribbean Beach Resort (also love this one... it might as well be tied for 1st place)
3. Port Orleans Riverside (it's nice)
4. Coronado Springs (not the best)

So I'd actually recommend either the Caribbean or the French Quarter above Riverside, but this is only from my own experience so take from it what you like :)

so many people told us that unless you planned on hanging out at the resort, then do a value your first trip. We stayed at Allstar Sports and it WAS nice - but way WAY to busy and noisy for our liking

That is exactly what we were told, and did...offsite in 2006, AS Movies 2008, and AS Music 2009.

This is our first time at a moderate and we are pretty well set on POR in the Magnolia Bend section. I love what I am reading about the grounds, decor, themeing, and overall quietness.

Thank you all for helping turn a potentially nerve-wracking decision (which resrot to choose) into a slam dunk.

Josh

We love it! Just returned from our second week long stay there earlier this month. Beautiful grounds and so relaxing strolling along the Sassagoula River. Pretty rooms (we favor the mansions), nice food court and gift shop. Nice boat ride to DTD. Friendly castmembers. Just a very relaxing atmosphere.

Both times they met our room requests perfectly. Four towel animals over the course of our most recent stay. I'd like to try other resorts when we go back to Disney, but I am too hooked on Port Orleans! :thumbsup2

Finally decided on POR, after contemplating, two rooms at POP, which we stayed at in '05. Very excited to see all that POR has to offer, especially after reading all of the good things here. Any suggestions on Dining Plans, trying to decide on QS plan, or regular Dining plan?

tell me about it

We loved it! Stayed in Magnolia Bend (Oak Manor). Close to a quiet pool and bus stop. Nice stroll to main building and fun pool.

Food court was good. Lounge was good.

Towel animals every day (see my avatar).

Only negative for us was Boatwrights resaurant. Ate there first night. Quality and portions don't match the price IMO. Ate big meals at parks and downtown....

Oh yeah, loved the boat to downtown!

Our 1st trip staying in WDW was Dixie Landings and it's our fav. We stayed in mansions twice and AB once. We prefer mansions for the buildings and the landscaping. We used the quiet pool between the mansions once and had it all to ourselves. The food court is great and having both the rental boats and the boat to DTD gives it another plus. Boatwrights in a very good TS resturant and the lounge with "Bob" is great fun. Another poster said he is geared for kids but adults like him too. I agree! We make a stop each trip even when we stay at another resort.
The walkway along both sides of the river is beautiful and you can stroll or jog to POFQ if you like.
We never felt like the resort was packed. The mansions are just gorgious and the AB the way the paths are twisted you can barely see the next building as you walk along.
Hope you enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter