Your Disney Tradition?

jdb0822

Mouseketeer
Ok, so alot of us go at least once a year. Does your family have any traditions or must do's that you do each trip?

For us, our full 1st day is always breakfast at Chef Mickey's. We have that goofy pic with the big plate taken, its neat to see the kids growth from year to year comparing all those "plate pics".

We always meet for a special glass (or two) of Rosa Regale in Italy . . mmmmmmmmm:woohoo:

Two traditions-

1) First night - a character dinner at Chef Mickey's
2) Last day - morning of last rides at MK until 2pm, then lunch and shopping at DD, and finally off to the airport around 5:30pm for a bite to eat and an evening flight.

-Jim

We always go to MK on our last day and pick one attraction each one of us would like to do again. (DD splash, DS peter pan, DH changes every year, ME usually pirates)

We always do the CP every year. I really like to see the girls beside Tigger and Pooh and chart how much they've grown!

So far (we're getting ready for our 5th trip as a family) the only tradition we have is Crystal Palace (although we go back and forth between breakfast and dinner). Other than that, nothing yet. But, I'm subscribing because I want some ideas for more traditions.

I have bought my DD and DW tickets from each trip to pick a pearl in Japan. They get something matching each time.

Our tradition is the first and last day is MK. On our last day we make sure we stay for Wishes. It's a tearful last day but it's been our tradition.

Epcot is my favorite park and I'm upset that I usually end my last stay there by going through Spaceship Earth and now it's going to be closed when I'm there :sad:

We like to get to WDW early so we book the first flight out of dear ol' Newark International. We wave bye-bye to the smog and congestion. Then we hunker down for our overly-anticipated arrival at Orlando International. Hop the ME - which by then is a sight for sore eyes and tally ho to the resort du jour. Check in and then high-tail it over to the AK for EE! We always open our visits with the AK, eating at Pizzafari (love that place for some bizarre reason). Then it's over to Epcot for Illiminations.

Our last day is spent at the MK to do SM as many times in a row as possible before moving on to BTMRR and what ever else the kids want. Sadly the HM is closed when we'll be there because that too is a biggie for us.

We traditionally head to CP at least once during our trips.

Thirty more loooooooooooong days before we go!!

Usually we check into the resort, buy our refillable mugs, and head to DTD on the first day..But we're changing it this year. We are going to MNSSHP the first day there.

The last day, we really don't have a tradition, unless you can call walking around with sad pouty faces the whole day a tradition.:sad1: Maybe we should come up with one to make it easier...

As silly as it sounds, our "tradition" is just to get on the first bus that comes and go to that park after we check into our room. We love the anticipation, and it's fun to guess which bus will come first. I know it sounds lame, but we are always so giddy when we are in WDW, and this sets the tone for our wonderful, magical vacation :tink: . We have never followed an itinerary and have always visited each park multi times during our trips. We've been lucky enough to be there during off-seasons.

Dinner first day at Crystal Palace, a Breakfast during the week at Chef Mickeys and Dinner on our last night at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Love to compare those CM plate pictures, I have them side by side on the fridge.

It's just me and my husband when we go. Our tradition is we always go eat at The California Grill :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter