*YOUR* Disney Splurge!

Oh, wow, I guess I have no imagination. You people sure know how to dream big.

I was thinking that I would probably stay at the Contemporary for the convienient location and because I liked watching the train come through the lobby, and the sound always told me when it was coming.

We had breakfast at the Grand Floridian, and I think that I would like to go back to see the Promenade that I read that the maids do with parasols. That sounds sweet.

I would like to have the park hopper passes for the extra I think it is $80.

A friend told me once that I had low expectations from life. Well, on the whole I think I am happier than she is so that is something to consider.

Grand Floridian Concierge level for a month-- SPA every day-- VIP tours-- ALL of them-have had fabulous dining so far so no need for better dining---:goodvibes

I've dreamed on buying a grand villa at DVC. Even if you win the lotto, you can't. So, how about a house in Celebration?

Splurge right?
Okay

Buy a magic kingdom view room at the Kingdom Towers...the room not points, or enough points for a whole year.
Then buy myself into being a cast member...preferably a show imagineer...that would be amazing.

But as far as regular splurge-

Three weeks....one week riverside, one week poly, one week contemporary..i have always dreamed of staying in gf, but i think a couple lunches there is enough to get the gist of the themeing, and I would enjoy the themeing at these three places more.

But the cool thing about money and disney is that you dont necessary buy the things that are the best. Like the magical fast pass lanyards, or the nights stay in the walt's apartment. And THAT is what is so cool about disney. The rich and famous still wait in that line with you....for the most part

Okay okay....back to the topic
I would get the disney delux plan and have a signature fireworks view ever night.
I would get all the souvinEARS I want and because I would be spending three weeks there I could take my time at the pool and just REST :)
But yeah I would LOVE to do the mediterraian cruise. I know a girl on there who played some characters and she loved the experience.
and ditto about the artwork...I LOVE disney artwork.
I live in new york city and the disney store has a whole floor for artwork and I go there a lot.

Yeah I could blow a million dollars at disney so very easily its scary.

My dream?

Disney Fairytale wedding with 2 week honeymoon afterward!

2 weeks in a MK View concierge at Contemporary or if I'm feeling more romantic, the Garden Suites at Boardwalk Inn :love:

Deluxe Dining with all of the signature restaurants we can stand

Followed by my boyfriend's dream - an Adventures by Disney trip to Italy!

If only Disney made all dreams come true and could find me the money to do all of this! Haha

My dream splurge would be the Eastbound Panama Canal cruise in August in the best suite they can give me. Followed up by a week at the Beach Club, concierge with lagoon view. Add the Deluxe DDP and I will be in heaven.

My actual splurge on a vacation I think would be a nice bottle of perfume from either the UK or Italy pavilion.

These actual "splurges" are so fun to hear..

Another thing that I would "splurge" on in actual life would be all of the accessories for the monorail set that goes under our Christmas tree! :)

I would stay at either Poly w/ Castle View or AKL w/ Savannah View. I would do the Deluxe Dining Plan. We would also see La Nouba all 5 of us.

We usually stay at Value or Mod, and go during Free Dining. I just can't fathom spending all the money on a room and food.

I would buy out the Magic Kingdom for the night and have the park all to my self! Okay, okay I'd let fellow Dis'er come in, but that's it! I'd stay in the castle suite. I'd open every oyster in Japan--I luv pearls! I wouldn't eat a V&A though--smallish food. I'd dine at Raglan Road. Can anyone say Bread Pudding?

pirate:

I would go for the vow renewal also with a party in the MK afterwards with all my friends and family! Like this one:

http://sarahandfred.com/

Then a stay at the Grand in concierge and AKL in their beautiful suite. Everyone would be on the Platinum Plan so we could do Victoria and Alberts and all the great restaurants. Spa visits, fireworks cruises, golf, fishing, Richard Petty, lots of drinking, tours, etc.. Then a great Disney Cruise, an adventures by Disney trip and a trip to Disney Seas and Japan! Followed by Africa. :laughing:

Me, I would stay at at the Garden Villas at the Boardwalk Inn on the deluxe dining plan with liquor for 2 weeks during the Food and Wine Festival! I would eat at Victoria and Albert's,Citricos and all the seafood signature restaurants, take an Illuminations Cruise spend a couple of days at the Swan Spa get the preferred seating for Epcot fireworks, Then I would come back at Christmas and stay at the AKL concierge best suite with the DXDP for one week, go on the Sunset safari, do all the Crhistmas things, then GF for another two weeks with 4 full day spa treatments, again on the DXDP. I would swim with the dolphins, go to all the parties, shop like crazy, have tea at the GF Garden and again eat at Victoria and Albert's Chef table. I would play golf, ride the sea raycers, go on another Illuminations Cruise.

No question, concierge at the Poly to stay. To eat, I'd just walk around and buy little treats all day. Also, definatly a firework cruise. And I'd want to upgrade the Escape wedding we're thinking of doing to a HUGE ordeal. :)

I hope you all checked out the podcast on this very topic! We all had a great time recording the show and sharing what we would do if money were no object! :)

I think I would take "Breathless" out for a spin! :)

I think the DO have one, a mediterranean cruise (Someone correct me if Im wrong)

They had one...I think it was last summer. They have the Mexican Riviera this summer. So they might alternate. And they do have 2 new ships coming online in 2011 or 2012. That might change some schedules and give them some more European cruises and trans atlantic repositioning ones.

stay at WL (I know with scrimping and cutbacks that this is possible but....)
buy several pieces of artwork and hit every golf course

I have already had my Disney "Splurge" ... back in the 80's we were down for one of our first on property stays at CBR. One afternoon we were wandering around in the downtown disney area and happened upon a store with lots of cels for sale. I fell in love with one of Rabbit from one of the Winnie the Pooh movies and the hubs bought it for me ... at the time it was well over the $500.00 mark and that was an enormous splurge for us at the time. It is an authentic production cel and they don't seem to sell them any more. I has the certificate of authenticity and is signed by the Disney artist on the back. Had it framed when we got home and it still hangs in my entrance hall at home. Love it and haven't had and probably won't have so big a splurge again.:)

40 days and 40 nights for my 40th b-day (in 2010) and stay at GF, AKL, Poly and Yacht Club - 10 days at each hotel. Since my b-day is in June, I would start the 40 days in May. I would alternate - park, spa day, relaxation and shop day. Every 5 days I would fly in a new family or friend to help me celebrate and fly the other one back home.

Add points at CRV or KTW (whatever it will be called) and then pay for family to join us for Vow Renewal at poly beach. Stay would be either new KTW or BCV.
Hubby and I did go down just the 2 of us for 4 nights for 10th anniversary, so if I start saving now for 25th?!?!? :cloud9:

I would stay at Poly Concierge and go on a big Art of Disney spending spree. :goodvibes

Well we got married at the Wedding Pavilion followed by a Reception at Ariels.
I had a Bridesmaid luncheon - that was a scaled down version of the Mad Hatter Tea (with Characters / no props) at the GF.

I would love to do a VR at some point- I had to choose b/w my tea party and a dessert party. I would not change the tea party for the world, but at some point I want to do a dessert party!

Heck my splurge would be a month at WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter