Your BEST WDW theme park secret! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thing I would like to say being new here is hats off to Deb's list, it should be the Official Disney Bible:worship:. Could not have done so much without it. We rode the horse drawn trolly with the Dapper Dan's on the back, the double decker bus, meet the Mayor & Fire Chief, all on Main St. Found out from a CM that you can usually only do that before 10am. Also they are still giving out trading cards for the buses (3), monorails (12) & boats (3) the complete set is 18 cards just ask a CM that works one of those posts (might have to ask around not everyone has them)

That is awesome!!!!! Way to go! :thumbsup2

Also, if Main St. is only 15 feet above sea level, how does that account for the "underground" Disney???:confused3
15 feet above sea level is sufficient to build "underground" perhaps with the help of sump pumps. Most of that elevation was achieved using "waste dirt" excavated to make possible Seven Seas Lagoon (in turn intended to separate the Magic Kingdom from "the rest of the real world" including its parking lot and thus make it more magical).

Not sure if Walt would have built the Utilidor system even if that pile of waste dirt was not available and MK was built on the existing terrain.

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/disscav.htm

Also, if Main St. is only 15 feet above sea level, how does that account for the "underground" Disney???:confused3

Sea level is not the same as the level of the water table.

The dead sea is over 1,000 ft below sea level and I think you can build underground as much as you want without worrying about water getting in.:goodvibes

I was taking one of my shortcuts in the MK a couple weeks ago and accidentally stumbled upon the meet and greet for Princess Tiana & Prince Naveen it is in Liberty Square behind the shop that sells Christmas ornaments in the white gazebo. There was only a few people in line, they were quite charming a whitty my son really liked them. :love:

I was taking one of my shortcuts in the MK a couple weeks ago and accidentally stumbled upon the meet and greet for Princess Tiana & Prince Naveen it is in Liberty Square behind the shop that sells Christmas ornaments in the white gazebo. There was only a few people in line, they were quite charming a whitty my son really liked them. :love:

I read that in Allears' newsletter. How neat that you got to experience it!

If you love Tinkerbell or fireworks this is for you. Must make a reservation to get in. The veiw of the fireworks and Tinkerbell being right over you is amazing she lands on the Noodle Terrace rooftop. Out of the 3 times we saw this show in the 8 days we were there this one was the best. Always seems when watching it from anywhere we always get the tallest people in the in front of us while tapping, but not at the Noodle Terrace, the desserts were also very good. My DW is diabetic they had a special plate just fo her.

I did not get to check them out my son was to interested in the GM test track when we were at Epcot. But the talking trash can ws very much alive as of the 1st week of Nov. we saw it twice in the MK in tomorrowland. When you see it keep saying your childs name , the trash can will pick up on it. It was funny for us and confusing for my 4yr old DS.

This one I found out about on Deb's list, it is a definite must see in the World Showcase in Epcot. Located in the Japan pavilion to the right when you walk in at the entrance to the store there is a little booth. Get there 5-10 minutes early to get up front. We were the 1st ones therewhen she set up also the 1st ones picked at what animal we would like to see her make my DW choose a giraffe , within 2 minutes she made a perfect giraffe lollipop, Painted, perfect ears, mame, tail. legs, spots, she is amazing. It is very edible but ours will be a keepsake for my DS.:woohoo:

I don't know if these have been posted already but here goes:

• In Animal Kingdom at the Dinosaur Dig play area, there is a door in the back that looks like it leads to a mineshaft, or I guess, an excavation. If you or a child pulls on the door, it only "opens" about a quarter inch, but listen and you'll a surprise much like the surprise you get when you pull on the Indiana Jones rope in the well. Also, not so much of a secret, but the nearby dinosaur stones that make dinosaur roars when stepped on are pretty cool.
  • I don't know if this is standard practice, but when my child and I played one of the dinosaur carnival type games against another father and his child, the cast member let both children get a prize even though only one child actually won.
  • Kind of obvious, but not something that's really not advertised is that there are scheduled shows during Extra Magic Hours. These shows won't appear on the maps or showtime information sheets at the parks and we found that most cast members won't tell you (at least not loudly or clearly) when those shows will take place if you are asking during normal operating hours.
  • I believe depending on the season, many of the Disney resort pools are open 24 hours and not just the "quiet" pools.
  • Probably not a secret at all, but a new revelation to me, was that the dock to Tom Sawyer's island runs all the way through to the Splash Mountain and TMRR area. Staying on the dock saves tons of time getting through those areas and it provides a little more shade if needed.
  • There are lots of little freebies at the DHS extra magic hour dance parties -- balloon animals, face painting, etc. and great character interactions.
  • Those double mickey mouse balloons (and maybe all park balloons) are guaranteed to stay inflated for your stay or you can return them to have them refilled or replaced. And the lady that sold it to us said they should last for at least 6 weeks. I always thought they were a complete waste of money, but ours did float for over 2 months and our daughter loved it--and there are little souvenir Mickey heads that keep it weighted down that you can hold onto after its gone.

That's all I've got for now.

...Probably not a secret at all, but a new revelation to me, was that the dock to Tom Sawyer's island runs all the way through to the Splash Mountain and TMRR area. Staying on the dock saves tons of time getting through those areas and it provides a little more shade if needed.

I use this "shortcut" all the time. It's a great way to bypass crowds. :goodvibes

...Those double mickey mouse balloons (and maybe all park balloons) are guaranteed to stay inflated for your stay or you can return them to have them refilled or replaced. And the lady that sold it to us said they should last for at least 6 weeks. I always thought they were a complete waste of money...

I thought it was too much money too. However, after a week in the world, they were still like new. We couldn't take them on the plane with us so we gave them away to a family with kids. The look on the kids face was priceless and my kids felt good about giving to others. Win/win IMHO. :)

Here is a neat secret I just found from SamLand's Disney Adventures blog (http://samlanddisney.blogspot.com/2009/12/surprise-lady-and-tramp.html)

Did you know that there is a little hat shop right beside Tony's Town Square restaurant.

We all know the obvious Lady and the Tramp movie tie-ins to this famous Main Street eatery, but have you ever looked closely at the sign for the hat shoppe next door?

It's a giant hat box! Don't think that this is purely by chance. Do you remember, from the movie, that Lady was presented to her Mistress (by her Master) in a big hatbox?

...and to carry things even further, did you know that this bit of movie history was based on real life?

Yes--Walt presented his wife Lillian with a chow puppy inside a hat box!

How neat! One more new and little secret added to our thread! Thanks to the Disney Food Blog for pointing this out!

Okay, the secrets are far too many to list here, so I'm just going to post the link to Disney Shawn's blog:

http://disneyshawn.blogspot.com/

Rest assured, all these "secrets" are incorporated into our Master document!

Thank you Disney Shawn!

Not sure if this has been brought up before.

There is a pair of broken Glasses in the 'drawing room in the ToT.

Broken Glasses as in the ones worn by Burgess Meredith in the TZ episode "Time Enough at Last", the one with the guy who has all the time in the world to read because civilization has been destroyed.

The CM/Porter said they don't stay put, so, don't be surprised if they are not there when you go into the ride.

I saw them on a shelf near the TV.

Not sure if this has been brought up before.

There is a pair of broken Glasses in the 'drawing room in the ToT.

Broken Glasses as in the ones worn by Burgess Meredith in the TZ episode "Time Enough at Last", the one with the guy who has all the time in the world to read because civilization has been destroyed.

The CM/Porter said they don't stay put, so, don't be surprised if they are not there when you go into the ride.

I saw them on a shelf near the TV.

I don't think we had that particular secret in this thread yet! We had on about the glasses forming a Hidden Mickey on the desk, but I know I've never heard this secret before.

I'll go ahead and add it to the master list! Thanks!

Oh my gosh! I see that this particular tip is the FIRST thing listed under the Tower of Terror section!

I am such a goober! It was already in there! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter