Your Best Disney Photo Tips

Instead of an autograph book, we got a sprial bound book of 4x6 index cards that had perforated edges. We had the characters sign on the blank, non-lined sides of the cards and then we took photos with them. When we got home, we got one of those small, 4x6 albums that you slide the pics into. On one side of the page was the autograph and on the other was the pic of the character. It was a quick and simple way to make a unique autograph book!

Give the camera to a child in your group....it's always interesting to see WDW from their point of view!

ScoJo15 said:
Give the camera to a child in your group....it's always interesting to see WDW from their point of view!

Even better, buy the kids a couple of disposable cameras from WalMart before you leave, that way they can take pics through the whole trip.

If you use rechargable batteries do not charge them every night, wait until they "run out", they will last much longer. Carry extra sets with you to the parks. We have several sets of rechargable batteries and we have numbered them all (one set of 1's one set o 2's etc) that way we know which ones we have used and need to be charged. Take lots of pictures, I personally like unposed shots...they are harder to take (cause some like to pose when the camera comes out).

Epcot tip:

Go to the bridge between Future World and World Showcase. Wait for the monorail to come along, and get a shot of Spaceship Earth with the monorail passing in front. Be sure to snap the pic when the first or last car of the monorail is visible - the middle is boring.

Nother tip:

Go to the parking lot. Follow the walkway under the monorail track and don't take the tram. Just before the first row of cars, turn around. You can get a great shot with Spaceship Earth, the monorail station, and the big American flag. Wait till a monorail begins to pull out of the station for a more dramatic effect.

And another:

Go into the mexico pyramid. Walk up to the wal dividing the Plaza from the restaurant. Place your camera on a mini-tripod on the wall, and shoot a long-exposure pic of the volcano behind the restaurant. Works best when the restaurant is not open because moving people will create blurs in a long exposure shot.

Thank You Thank You willcad for the epcot tips. Can't wait to try them. Anyone else? :teeth:

frstimer128 said:
OOOOHHH.....nobody mentioned adding Tinkerbell to your pictures!

At the entrance to the park, have a park photographer take your pic in front of the castle. Then, tell him/her that you want to have Tink in the shot too. The photographer will have you hold out your hand as they photo is taken. THEN, go to the place to get it developed and ask them to place a digital image of Tink onto your open hand. I wish I had a scanner to share the pic of my DD and I....adorable! When the guy was taking her picture, he played it up big time! He told her to hold out her hand so Tink can have a place to land. She kept looking all over for her and the CM would get all excited and say "Wow, did you see her? " Of course she didn't but when the photo was developed, she nearly had a cow! That was one of the most fantastic and magical times during her wholetrip!

Can you get Tink in a picture from your own camer? or only using photopass?

I bet there are more great tips out there.......I think I see some.....

WillCAD said:
Epcot tip:

Go to the bridge between Future World and World Showcase. Wait for the monorail to come along, and get a shot of Spaceship Earth with the monorail passing in front. Be sure to snap the pic when the first or last car of the monorail is visible - the middle is boring.

Nother tip:

Go to the parking lot. Follow the walkway under the monorail track and don't take the tram. Just before the first row of cars, turn around. You can get a great shot with Spaceship Earth, the monorail station, and the big American flag. Wait till a monorail begins to pull out of the station for a more dramatic effect.

And another:

Go into the mexico pyramid. Walk up to the wal dividing the Plaza from the restaurant. Place your camera on a mini-tripod on the wall, and shoot a long-exposure pic of the volcano behind the restaurant. Works best when the restaurant is not open because moving people will create blurs in a long exposure shot.

Okay now I'm going to have to write all this down so I can remeber! These are wonderful ideas. Thank you for sharing.

Don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, but...

During our last visit, a Magical Gathering with 18 family members, I pooled all of the photos taken by everyone in the group.
I found that by using a product like Photodex's Proshow and putting my photos and videos on DVD they get viewed a lot more often than they ever did in a photo album or scrap book. My kids and their cousins must have watched this 15 or 20 times in the last year or so.
This program, and several others that are very similar, let you create dvds, screensavers, computer executables, and even post your presentations on the web (nope, don't work for the company, just love what it allows me to do).

If you're interested in seeing what it looks like I've got one of mine on the web at www.pantaniracing.com It does require a small plugin and a broadband connection - might be a bit slow to load. Make sure your sound is on!

shellynn24 said:
Okay now I'm going to have to write all this down so I can remeber! These are wonderful ideas. Thank you for sharing.

No, no! Don't write them down!

Print them!

You guys and gals have given us some great tips !!!! Any great set-ups for shots in the other parks, DTD or any of the resorts. I love photography and plan on breaking a picture taking record on this trip!!!!!!! I have a new Digital Canon Rebel and can't wait to go crazy with it. I have been practicing. Four weeks to go........... :banana: :banana: :banana:

AuntPatti said:
Can you get Tink in a picture from your own camer? or only using photopass?

You need to have a CM photographer take the pic because the Tink image is in the processing system there at Disney.

When we went, we were given a bracelet that kept track of all the pics taken of us at the parks. When we were ready to have them developed, we went to the place at the front of MK. The person who developed our order had to place Tink into our photo. It was some digital image stored in their computer.

Hope this helped!

Thanks everyone who posted a tip on photos. There were so many tips that I forgot. I loved the tip on putting Tinkerbell in your hand.

Thanks again-

I'm going to disagree here. I think it is much more important to try and compose a shot (take an adult ed class if possible) then it is to just take lots of pictures. Walk around where no one is like the Japanese gardens and get a pic of Epcot from there. Learn how to use all of your camera not just the pre programmed stuff. I'd rather have 100 great shots out of 150 then 10 great shots plus 100 good shots out of 500. You need to develop an eye for photography, it's much more than pushing the shutter. Some day check out some of the photo's Ansel Adams took with a Polaroid, truly stunning. Oh yeah get a real flash, on board flash is virtually useless.

I have 2 DS's 27 & 25. We first took them to WDW when they were 8 & 10. I now wish that we would have taken their picture in the same spot every trip we made. Both to see how they had grown and how the area had changed/stayed the same. We have a DGD princess: on the way and you can bet when she goes with Nana and Papa we will take her picture at the same spot or in front of the same park icon every time she goes with.

So I guess that would be my tip. Take a picture of your child/children or your partner :love2: in the same spot each time you make the trip. It will be fun to look back and see how they have grown or how the area has changed or stayed the same since last time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter