Your best Disney fact or insider story...

I have done my due diligence searching the web, I can not figure out what the pink lady refers to. I am really curious now. :)

Pink Lady is a reference to "Grease" and the musical number "Summer Nights"

Do you ever watch YT micechat? They do a weekly Disney trivia/history/books kinda thing. It is pretty interesting most of the time & I enjoy watching :)

The Golden Carousel & scenes made of tile when u walk through the castle are made of actual 14k gold ;) I learned that when I worked in Fantasyland :)

I will check out micechat.

JJsmama said:
Where did they go?

My parents were there, they said the evacuation was the calm, professional, and didn't let on what was happening. Everyone got back on their buses, they were at Boardwalk, so they went to ESPN thinking all the tvs would have coverage. They had old games replaying, not a hint of what was going on.

My parents were there, they said the evacuation was the calm, professional, and didn't let on what was happening. Everyone got back on their buses, they were at Boardwalk, so they went to ESPN thinking all the tvs would have coverage. They had old games replaying, not a hint of what was going on.

Now that is a good story.

bcrook said:
That is awesome. I will definitely use this.

I am with Aurorameansdawn - do you know of anymore clones?

I have done my due diligence searching the web, I can not figure out what the pink lady refers to. I am really curious now. :)

Google the movie "Grease"

Edit-I see that I'm behind. Lol...that's what I get for posting when I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open!! Lol

Woo Hoo! I actually read all 20 pages and I am inspired! I will have to create a scavenger hunt, buy some books, take some notes etc. I will have to schedule a KTTK tour for sure. This will convince my BF that another trip to WDW in fall of 2014 will be truly different than the last one ... more attention to detail and less attention to getting every attraction in. (Although he was pretty impressed with my obsessive planning on that one.)

Thank you to all posters for adding such great information.

I don't post a lot, but I really love this thread.

I read that they put the old Abe Lincoln from HOP and put him in POTC. Not 100% sure this one is true though.

tinkerbell 766 said:
In the Morocco pavilion, all the mosaics have at least one cracked or imperfect tile. This is because the Moroccans, who helped build the pavilion, believe that Allah alone can create perfection, and thus, deliberately caused minor flaws in their work.

That's interesting. Amish quilter's put mistakes in their quilts for a similar reason.

Here are some more tidbits I didn't see mentioned:

Between The Pirates League and The Pirates Bazaar shop there are 5 Pirate movie props - but getting the Pirate CMs to point them out is difficult because the Pirates aren't familiar with the phrase "movie." There used to be 6, but one was stolen shortly after TPL opened.

Inside Casey's Corner there is a team photo where females are wearing mustaches - since women weren't supposed to be playing the sport in that time period.

The official fruit of the Grand Floridian is the Pineapple. You will see Pineapple inspired art from light fixtures to the wall paper if you look.

We've all heard of shows being canceled, for whatever reason... but Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular prides itself on never canceling a show. They can always offer some modified version (which may only last 5-10 minutes), but they avoid canceling if at all possible.

There are 4 mechanical balloons inside the Land pavilion which represent the 4 seasons. When the location originally opened the balloons moved up and down. However, when the area was remodeled for the seating, they later discovered they could no longer fit the cherry picker in the building to service the balloons, so eventually they all stopped moving and sit stationary today.

And I had to correct this one...

I would have never guessed that the animatronic Simba in the Festival of the Lion King is 12 feet tall!

It's not an animatronic. The four large animals in FOLK are puppets, Simbas front legs are the Puppeteers legs.

H
We've all heard of shows being canceled, for whatever reason... but Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular prides itself on never canceling a show. They can always offer some modified version (which may only last 5-10 minutes), but they avoid canceling if at all possible.

How funny. It was cancelled when we were there in March for a cheer competition. Six trips, and I've yet to see it! lol Somehow, I always manage to miss it (I'm at the hotel with a sick or tired kid, etc.).

How funny. It was cancelled when we were there in March for a cheer competition. Six trips, and I've yet to see it! lol Somehow, I always manage to miss it (I'm at the hotel with a sick or tired kid, etc.).

Haha - I actually thought of that. I'm talking day of cancellations because of staffing or weather - which are the main reasons shows get canceled. ;)

The show has been "dark" several times due to outside groups renting the space or general refurbishment.

I want to both thank you and curse you (;)) for these links. Some great stuff here, though I can't help but get a little sad the more I learn about the HM's inner workings. Nobody's fault but my own for looking. :goodvibes

D'oh! I totally meant to include a spoilers warning! So sorry!

For everyone else - don't click if you don't like to see "behind the scenes" on rides!

Text-only:

First link:
Graveyard harpist, Caesar's Ghost, and one of the flying ballroom ghosts in the HM have the same head as the wench in purple and one of the pirates watching the auction in PotC.

Second link:
Another one of the HM flying ghosts has the same head as the auctioneer in PotC.
Another HM flying ghost has the same head as one of the graveyard tea party ghosts, and the blacksmith in Fort Langhorne.
The rocking chair Grandma ghost from the HM ballroom has the same head, wig, body, and costume as the grandmother from the first scene of the CoP.

Oh I've got one. In the old Indiana Jones (where the plane came from the left instead of the right, and Marion slid down a rope), Indy and the burly mechanic would fight, and the mechanic would turn last minute into the propeller, and steam/smoke would shoot up to hide what happens next (since Disney can't have blood spatters like in the movie).

But still, that propeller was whirling and looked dangerous to me.

A friend of mine worked at DHS, and told me the secret. The propellers (which were already spinning when the plane came out)...were made of cloth.

D'oh! I totally meant to include a spoilers warning! So sorry!

For everyone else - don't click if you don't like to see "behind the scenes" on rides!

Text-only:

First link:
Graveyard harpist, Caesar's Ghost, and one of the flying ballroom ghosts in the HM have the same head as the wench in purple and one of the pirates watching the auction in PotC.

Second link:
Another one of the HM flying ghosts has the same head as the auctioneer in PotC.
Another HM flying ghost has the same head as one of the graveyard tea party ghosts, and the blacksmith in Fort Langhorne.
The rocking chair Grandma ghost from the HM ballroom has the same head, wig, body, and costume as the grandmother from the first scene of the CoP.

It's all good. Like I said, I could've simply run away when I saw where these were going. :) I've not seen these particular pages before.

One other change my friend told me about. Marion used to slide down a rope from the roof to the ground, holding onto a triangular pulley thingie.

Several months after I first saw the show, the stunt woman actually lost her grip :eek: and they had to airlift her out in an air ambulance. So the next time I saw it, before she slid down the rope, she slipped her wrist into a rope loop (attached to the triangle) as a safety precaution.

Apparently even that wasn't safe enough, since now that stunt is gone altogether.

If you stand in Liberty Square and look at the top of Splash Mountain, the opening the cars come out of, right before the plunge, makes an image of Mickey facing off to the right.

That is awesome. I will definitely use this.

I am with Aurorameansdawn - do you know of anymore clones?

It refers to a song in"Grease" I believe.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter