• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your best day? Tips to get it too?

Illybell

Earning My Ears
We all know how fresh and special the magic of Disney is as a kid, but sometimes it can be better as a "big kid". You can ride all the rides, enjoy adult beverages, you don't need a nap (sometimes :lmao: )...

Anyone up for sharing their most magical day in the park as an adult?

What made it so special?

Is there any tips for the rest of us on getting our own piece of that?

This is mine:

I have been going to WDW since I was 6 years old, but my (and my mother's) best day at Disney ever was in spring of last year. We have been there in every season (except Halloween, which is this coming year) and seen just about every annual event. We went for Flower and Garden time since it's a girly thing and it was just us 2.

The best day I've had was at Magic Kingdom in mid April on a Sunday. Yes, it was a bit crowded, but definitely not the worst I've seen it (peak of Magic Music days with a side of cheer and baseball tourneys anyone?).

I dressed in my DIY Minnie outfit (polka dot dress, huge hair bow and all) and for the first time I got a birthday badge.

I have never gotten more attention from cast members or characters in the many many times I've been there. We got individual attention from nearly every character in the mid-day parade, I got pulled on the float with Mickey at the Move it! parade, we were bumped in line and so much more we could hardly believe it!

Tips: It's hard to say exactly what prompted the exemplary situation, it may have been a fluke thing, but some things helped.

-Grab attention in a way that's comfortable for you, but doesn't blend in with the crowds that are all the same. Many people wear the hats they've gotten in the park or previous trip shirts, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. But with my experience and those of friends who have done the same, going outside the box (without breaking the dress rules) has made an incredible difference.

-Plan, but don't overdo it. We usually have the detailed minute-by-minute plans like so many of us do. But this time we decided to play some by ear. Due to this, we managed to relax a little more, and have more chance encounters (like with the move it parade) as well as make friends with other guests that we never would have if we'd been trying to follow a schedule and ensure we fit every last thing in.

-I know this is going to sound insane...but we didn't make all our dining reservations before we traveled :faint:. No, we did not get in to Be Our Guest...however, we did get in last minute at a nearly empty Liberty Tree where we felt anything but rushed or crammed and the waitstaff had plenty of time for anything we needed.

-At the parades, we also stayed in areas where there were turns. At these points we've found that they notice people a little more that aren't the kids sitting on the curbs, they have to slow down and they aren't just met by an endless line of crowds unlike the straight a ways.

Your turn now!

We just came back from WDW and the most magical day was the first day to MK, the very first time we saw the castle. I kept on thinking Wow, i see it on TV since so long and now, here I am!!!!! Also, seeing my 3 daughters eating a typical Disney snack... We were there for the first time... But not the last!

I have had 3 days of Magical Experiences:

Went on the Magic the very first year of service back in '98. Everyone was checking in but no one was getting in-line, this was back before the boarding numbers. I told DW that at a certain time if no one was going to start the line I would. At that time I went to the head of the line, DW had the video running, and you should see the line form, people running from all over the terminal to get in-line. DW and I were the first people introed on that cruise.
Anytime we want a good laugh, we bring up that video.

At CC-SB, DW is on a raft about 20 yards out, I take the camera and start walking out to take her picture. I see all the little fishes scatter, look around and see a 2-3 foot Black Tip Shark swimming around. DW is using her hands to move the raft creating small splashes. The shark turns toward her, I tell DW to stop cause I see a shark. What does DW do? She jumps off the raft causing a bigger splash! I have to run to get between her and the shark.

For our 25th anniversary someone put up decorations on our door announcing our celebration to everyone else onboard. We do not have any idea who did this. We came back from breakfast the second day of a seven day cruise and there they were. What a surprise and a welcome pixiedust: moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter