Your All-Time Favorite DCL Food Item

The sea bass in Enchanted Garden is probably one of the best things I've ever eaten. I don't know how they cook the fish so perfectly, it's so so good.

I agree! Soo good.
On the flip side, do NOT order the tilapia. I do not know how the Sea Bass can be so good and the tilapia can be so bad when they come from the same kitchen.

Can anyone tell a newbie where there are snacks/ extra meals or treats that aren't in the usual MDRs or cabanas on the Dream?

Can anyone tell a newbie where there are snacks/ extra meals or treats that aren't in the usual MDRs or cabanas on the Dream?

The quick serve just aft of the Cove, in the family pool area, on the starboard side. Flo's and the other food windows.

In addition to the quick serve, for adults, there are sweet treats in Cove Cafe. For everyone there are similar snacks Vista Cafe. Vanelopie's is also on deck 11, which has fancy treats for a small fee.

Don't forget 24 hour room service!

My favourites are:

Mango Mountain Hike: on the MDR breakfast menu, but I have seen it at Daisy's Delight on the Magic and at Cabanas on the Fantasy as well: It is a yoghurt with mango, honey and granola. Kind of like a very think mango smoothie. Delicious!!

Grand Marnier Soufflee: this is the only item that I have ordered on every cruise so far.

There are other really delicious dishes. But these are the two that I still remember the exact name of!

This sounds amazing. Do you think they mind? We loovvveeee Indian food, but it seems like a lot of work for just a couple of people, don't you think?

In our experience, there is a certain night(s) where the Indian chefs are already making Indian food for some of the crew. So, we just get it on those nights. We usually ask our waiter on the first night and they let us know which nights we they can "share" some of the food they are already making. The nice thing is they have always let DW order items off the main menu that night too so if there is something she wanted she could still get it.

I know people who've had curry every night because the Indian chefs make it every day.

Another vote for the pasta pursettes at Animators. I also loved the empanadas at Cariocas. I had a Cuban sandwich once in the MDR for lunch that was excellent as well. While it doesn't fall into the "all time favorite" category, I really, really enjoy the schwarma on the Magic for lunch. I've had better at home and other places, but I mention it because it is very good and a nice upgrade from the typical pizza/burger fare found at the other quick serve places on the pool deck.

Black Truffle Pasta Pursettes from AP
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms and Polenta from Palo
Beef Tenderloin from Palo
Shawarma Wrap next to the AquaLab on the DCL Magic
Chicken & Guacamole Fajita from Room Service

I don't enjoy the texture of mushrooms in most dishes so I love that I can find new foods to enjoy on these ships!

Chicken strips.
Grand Marnier souffle.
Butternut squash soup.

Runners up
Chocolate souffle (Palo)
Island-spiced grilled rib-eye of Beef (used to be on the Parrot Cay menu, but I think it's gone now :()
Turkey cranberry sandwich

Chocolate Fudge "cupcakes" from Cove Cafe
Crispy Roasted Duck
Grand Marnier souffle

Attachments

• Disney Cruise 2015 625.JPG
    Disney Cruise 2015 625.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Disney Cruise 2015 038.JPG
    Disney Cruise 2015 038.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
My favorite was the Sangria Bisque that is no longer offered. Sadly, I learned last week that the Strawberry Soup at Palo (which was my 2d favorite) is off the new menu.

They tasted great, but for a year before my trip I read here about the HUGE shrimp. Spoiler alert, they are not THAT huge, they are the normal sized shrimp we buy at Walmart.
I had visions of the shrimp the specialty grocery store here gets at Christmas and New Years that our 10 to 16 ounces each.

OT, but we get those colossal shrimp every year from our local grocery store and make these stuffed shrimp. They are so easy and to die for.
http://www.food.com/recipe/twin-oaks-baked-stuffed-shrimp-225317

My favorite foods on board are the truffle purseittes from AP, the chocolate soufflé from Palo and all the different kinds of cheese at Palo brunch. I like just about everything I eat on board (the scale proves it when I get home), but these are the things I dream about at night.

As for the mac and cheese, it was one of our favorite things on our first cruise on the Magic but our two subsequent cruises it has not been the same. Not sure if they changed it or if it's different on the Magic but our whole family agreed it was not nearly as good.

Sadly, I learned last week that the Strawberry Soup at Palo (which was my 2d favorite) is off the new menu.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! That is my favorite!!!! I'm leaving in less than 2 weeks and I was counting the days till my strawberry soup!!! This makes me so sad. :(

-Tahitian vanilla creme brulee
-Sticky buns (Palo brunch)
-Potato leek soup
-Molten lava cake
-Lobster tail
-Coconut cream soup
-Mango mountain hike
-Fries :D
-Mac n cheese

I have too many favorites, I think! Haha

My favorite was a steak sandwich served on a buttery, croissant with caramelized onions. It was so amazing! I asked for it the next day but they didn't have it. I had it for lunch at one of the MDR's on the Fantasy. The onions were so sweet, the entire thing was delicious. Yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter