Your 10 Worst Things and 10 Best Things About WDW

Best Things at WDW

* Riding the water taxi all the way from DHS to EPCOT.
* Walking into EPCOT via the International Gateway and going to the Yorkshire County Fish Shop
* "Dead Men Tell NO Tales"
* The Incomparable DiVine!
* The screams from unsuspecting first timers on the ToT
* Anhingas and Okapis
* the moment the character appears when drawing at the Disney Animation
* The queue for Expedition Everest
* Lunch at Chefs de France
* Night time in any of the Parks

Worst Things

* Paying extra for Hoppers
* Primeval Whirl
* Carnival Games at Dinoland
* Lack of another TSM ride at DHS
* Stitch's Great Escape (worst thing in any of the parks)
* Buffet prices at Boma and Cape May and everywhere else.
* The Decline of DTD
* The queue and wait for Peter Pan without the FP (hopefully this is improved soon).
* Parking lot views at resorts

Worst: (in no particular order)
1. Having to wait for a bus, stand on the bus, walk back to hotel when all you want to do is lay on you bed and rub your feet because they hurt so bad.
2. Being tired during the day, hot, and grouchy(sometimes)
3. Eating so much that you want to puke(can be good too!)
4. Leaving disney and not knowing when you will be back.
5. Having so much to do and not having enought time to do everything you want.
6. Having to decide which restaurants you want to to eat at 6 months before vacation! It is hard to decide.
7. Long walks from hotel to the refillable drink machines.
8. Hard to get from resort to resort.
9. Comforters at the hotels
10. Lack of dessert varieties at counter service locations.
11. Having to leave my dog with a dog sitter- I am a worrier!!!
12. Having to explain my love for Disney to other non disney fans.

Best:
1. Listening to little kids conversations in line-- they are just too darn cute!! Oh yeah, and seeing the little kids dressed up especially the girls in their princess costumes.
2. Going to Disney with people that don't go as often as we do. I love seeing their reactions to our favorite things.
3. The food!! I looove the food and not having to worry about paying for anything. I love the dining plan and prepaying for everything.
4. The disney bubble- once you are in the gates you don't have to leave for anything and you can forget about the entire rest of the world because you are at Disney!
5. Wishes- it makes me cry every time I see it- it is so magical!
6. The smells- water smell, Main Street, Parade floats at Christmastime, ride smells!
7. World Showcase- my favorite part of Disney! I love to eat, drink, and take pictures.
8. Being able to make payments on our vacation and not have to pay all at once- otherwise I probabaly couldn't afford to go!
9. Not having to rent a car for your trip- makes it affordable.
10. Nostalgia- reliving moments from past trips on your current trip then making new memories.
11. Being giddy as I walk through the gates, get on Magical Express, eat my first meal, and take my first bus to a park! I love that excitement.
12. Characters!! Makes me feel like a little girl to get pictures with them.

Sorry i went a little overboard!!!

I like this thread... but I don't know if I could pick 10 for worst!

In no particular order:

WORST

- Not being able to add a 4th Fastpass through the app or even being able to see what's available for each park through the app
- Parents that allow their kids to touch and run into other people while waiting in line
- The lack of extra busses during the peak hours of park openings and closures
- The Finding Nemo Musical - replacing an awesome Tarzan show that had an ACTUAL, award-winning soundtrack with a high school-level musical was a disgrace
- Fat people scooters - Not only do they think they can barrel through crowds in the park, they take "handicap" privileges on busses, taking spots from people who actually need the assistance (senior citizens, disabled guests, etc.)
- Only having single rider lines for a few attractions
- The increasing number of MK parades, trying to cross the street is becoming more difficult than walking in New York City
- Resorts that don't serve full breakfasts until 7, prevents anyone that's wants to utilize EMH's from eating a full meal
- The stinger in It's Tough To Be a Bug - scarred me for life, had a sunburn on my back, will never see again
- As everyone says, leaving :(

BEST
- Making the turn on Main Street and seeing Cinderella's Castle again, whether it's your first time or your 100th, same feeling every time
- The launch of RRC
- The instrumentals of "How Do You Do" after the 2nd hill climb on Splash
- Hearing the wolf howl in the queue of HM
- Walking back from World Showcase and seeing Spaceship Earth with the fountain in the foreground
-Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas
- Walking in your room for the first time and immediately trying to figure out what channel Must Do Disney is on, even though you know everything about the parks
- Seeing the first bus pull up, and even though it's not yours, because whichever park you're going to will be the last one, you can't help but smile
- Waking up before sunrise because you have to catch a flight heading to Orlando at 7AM
- Welcome to Walt Disney World

My loves in any particular order:
-Disney Chase character meet and greet! Pure Disney magic!
-Tower of Terror, not much like it anywhere else, even if they have a vertical ride.
-Animation class, always a great way to take a moment to appreciate the finer, slower things about Disney, in a relaxed setting, in AC, with a fun lesson and something you can take home.
-Being able to wear Tiaras and it be completely normal.
-Incredible Gluten Free eating options, special mention to Urban Farm in EPCOT and especially Brown Derby, best meal I've ever had.
-EPCOT Ball. This is like coming home, classic. Not even the castle means as much to me as being AT Epcot!
-Turtle Talk/Monster Laugh and the improv style attractions. Special mention also to Belle's storytime for a real life Belle (but scripted.)
-Amazing Disney music everywhere, fitting the theme. (Sometimes futuristic, sometimes movie themed.) Special mention for Live Staged Shows done well...
-Speaking of which, Gaston from May 4th Beauty and the Beast gets his own mention! Wowee! That guy is amazing, and totally will be going places!
-All the fireworks shows (this goes for Disney Cruise Line too!) They are all worth it and all great.

My number one hatred based on this past May:
-FP+ tiers at HS and EP. I'm going to DLR where there aren't any, those are my two fave parks and they have ruined a single day ticket there.
All the rest are about even:
-The bus stop to pick up the EPCOT bus from AK is literally the LAST ONE and hardly any buses come to it. Hopping from AK to EP takes ages!
-When your finger print doesn't work right and you don't get a Green Mickey
-Any spinny rides (Dumbo, Teacups etc)
-Getting stuck on a monorail inside a hotel that isn't going ANYWHERE for no obvious reason (not talking about loading up handicap etc)
-Similar, having to stop and change monorail lines at the ticket center when hopping from EP to MK
-Anything that is too witchy, I try to avoid.
-The ridiculous lines for TSMM
-That Disney has eliminated some of my faves- #1 being Comedy Warehouse, Adv Club, Pocahontas & Forest Friends, Hunchback show, Shrunk the Audience etc.
-People who always try to line jump saying "I gotta meet up with my group just up there", THEN WHY AREN'T YOU UP THERE WITH THEM!? It's awkward, and they end up sailing through and we don't know whether to be like "Dude, NO" and they just muscle their way in. Even if you had to pee, people, that's no reason to cut us off! Similar vote goes to kids who think since they are smaller that they can inch in front of every single person. I make them go back where they were and tell them they have to wait their turn, and sometimes the parents get a clue (rarely).

My loves far outweigh my hates. But I can't wait for DLR which at least means no tiers, less waiting for TSMM, more pixar attractions, the same amount of rollercoasters and almost the same amount of rides in 2 parks you can easily hop to instead of 4. Only downside there is no Showcase.

Probably my biggest regret is no longer being able to make a few park days and a Disney cruise work. I feel like you need almost a solid week now for the parks. Thankfully they haven't wrecked our cruises yet, as my 3 and 4 days have still been awesome!

Ten Worst Things About WDW

1. The lack of hotel, park, or attraction specific merchandise (this includes the ridiculous "DisneyParks" brand which doesn't even seem to differentiate WDW from DL).
2. The Free Dining Plan which in-turn, has robbed many fine eateries of their own individuality and brought an overbearing sameness throughout the resort
3. The Big Asinine Hat over at Disney's Hollywood Shmoodios
4. The rising ticket prices for parks like DHS which simply do not have the backbone to uh, back it up
5. Mission: Space (I still contend that it was a massive failure). Despite what i read here in its defense, it has not resonated with audiences like Everest or Toy Story Mania or Soarin' have. And that wasn't a cheap attraction. Or promotion. It was the first Disney attraction I ever remember seeing as a TRAILER at the movies.
6. Waldorf-Astoria/Ritz Carlton/Million-Dollar Vacation Homes. Disney is doing what they need to do in order to survive, but this is the kind of thing I'd rather leave out of the Disney equation. It reeks of Vegas, which may make some of you quite pleased, but the idea gives me mono.
7. The Bus Service for the Deluxe resorts. You're paying top dollar, why do Pop Century and Port Orleans: French Quarter do it better?
8. Figment's Journey Into What The Hell. Please restore this to the classic or please put us all out of our misery.
9. Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress. It's like visiting Nana in the hospital on her death bed. Except unlike Nana, Disney possesses the know-how and the capital to restore the Carousel to its former glory. But when I go, sound is out of sync, speakers pop, dialogue levels are overwhelmed by the soundtrack, and various mechanics and scrims don't operate properly. It is an embarrassment. Please restore this or please put us all out of our misery.
10. The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management. Please restore this to the classic or please put us all out of our misery.
Honorable Mention: The All-DVC all the time approach as of late.

Ten Best Things

1. That Disney Water smell. There's nothing like chlorine and swampwater to revive the senses.
2. World Showcase after Illuminations. As "Promise" or "We Go On" or whatever not-Celine Dion song plays, the walk back to gate (either gate) is always a beautiful one. A stop at MouseGears is the icing on the cake. The fiber optics on the Future World sidewalks are the sprinkles. I swear, people fear the removal of Snow White over at Magic Kingdom, but if they ever get rid of the music after Illuminations... I'll... I'll, I'll just collapse.
3. Peter Pan's Flight. It just IS.
4. The experience of walking into the lobby of the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The scents of Boma, the vistas out onto the savanna. The comfy earth-tone pillows and artwork. If this isn't Disney heaven, nothing is.
5. Cheddar Cheese Soup at Le Cellier. If anything deserves to be called overrated, this DOES NOT. Quite simply, nobody does it better. Creamy, smoky, decadent, delicious.
6. Smoky Portobello Soup at Artist Point. A close runner up in the Disney Soupathon Classic. More Disney heaven in a bowl.
7. The cast members at the Port Orleans: French Quarter. In all my years, I've never met sweeter people. From housekeeping to front desk to bell services... these are good people y'all.
8. And speaking of the Port Orleans: French Quarter, here we go. It's not a deluxe, but it's a moderate in sheep's clothing. You either get it or you don't, but if you get it, enjoy.
9. The Main Street Electrical Parade. My ranking is all off because i would totally rank this higher if I weren't so lazy. Talk about getting emotional at Disney. That was me, this past June. Welcome back old friend, you were dearly missed.
10. DeVine at Animal Kingdom. The most unexpected creature, with more sensuality and magic in one look than an entire theater of Cirque du Soleil leaping through the air. The character is one of a kind, and the women who portray her each bring something unique to the performance. Simply remarkable.

See bolded above. Carousel is being refurbished in September. And the New Management got their pink slips a couple years ago.

EDIT: Oops, sorry, O.P. I hadn't realized that this thread was started in 2010!

Worst:

1)The cost of actually going to WDW has skyrocked and not just tickets, hotel and parking
2). Hard ticket events-great for some. But for a passholder they need to give more of a discount. Yet more where I have to pay extra. Why did I bother to buy a pass?
3) Merchandise is too ah general not special. Pins and vinylmations have gone downhill.
4) FP+ That's a me thing. I tried it and I didn't care for it.
5). Food- Prices went up and quality went down.
6). DHS and Epcot need some major TLC NOW

Best:

1). Good variety of different types of attractions.
2). Centerpiece at Marketplace Co-op.- From what I've seen it looks fantastic. I can't wait to be able to go someday. That disney is what your merchandise should look like
3). Good hard working CMs who are friendly
4). The Original Tiki Room- The best.
5). HM-Every change better and better.

Dislike

1. Parents who think it's ok to let their children do what ever they want. Cast members are not babysitters.
2. WDW Raceway? Waste of space
3. Entrance to Epcot. Very tacky and feels like I'm in a airport. Needs to be a little bit more inviting.
4. River Country being left to fade away.
5. Starbucks in the Parks. I'm in Disney to forget about typical modern day life.
6. Disney Parks merchandise I want Walt Disney World ponchos and junk.. Ugh
7. Rainy Days
8. Crowds
9. Ride Closures
10. Leaving

What I love

1. The sign on World Drive WALT DISNEY WORLD. My heart knows it is now home.
2. Coming out of the tunnel in MK and seeing Main Street. I bawl
3. Splash Mountain
4. Cabins in Fort Wilderness
5. Pin Traders
6. World Showcase
7. Typhoon Lagoon
8. The smells
9. Best employees in the world
10. The look on my family's face and knowing I pulled of the best vacation.

:woohoo::worship::dance3:

Ten Worst (not in any particular order)
1. Astro-Orbitor (carnival ride in the middle of tomorrowland)
2. Buffet at Hollywood and Vine
3. Strollers in Fantasyland (ouch)
4. People yelling at Castmembers, "Do you know how much I spent to come here?"
5. Waiting for a damn bus at the value resorts.
6. Animal Kingdom in August "Daddy why is my underwear wet?"
7. My wife's scream on Tower of Terror. Always like the first time she rode. Never riding again.
8. People who stop in walkways to look at maps.
9. Long bus lines at the end of a long day in the park.
10. The ride back to the airport

Ten Best (not in any particular order)
1. The walk in to MK to the view of the castle.
2. Wishes (great fireworks and music)
3. Be Our Guest themed restaurant.
4. A nightime stroll around World Showcase.
5. Resort Variety from Value to Deluxe
6. Nighttime Electric Parades (I prefer Spectromagic but MSEP works)
7. Hoop dee Do Review
8. Streetmosphere performers at DHS
9. Churro's in Frontierland
10. Castmembers who surprise you with their friendliness.

8 Worst:
1)MK in general its always way too crowded, it smells of the unwashed masses, and I can't hear myself think over the constant screaming of children who are throwing tantrums.
2) The limited amount of good discounts for AP holders
3) The seats at SDMT
4) That Adventure's Club is gone :sad1:
5) The lack of choices at QS I would love to not have only either a burger, some form of chicken, salad, or flatbread
6) Animal Kingdom Lodge...maybe we caught it on an "off season" but we were not impressed at all
7) The smell inside Mouse Gears :crazy2:
8) The removal of the waterfall at Polynesian

8 Best:
1) Movies at Yacht and Beach club/ Fort Wilderness Lodge
2) FP+ I actually love it
3) Hoop De Doo Review (even with the food coma)
4) Food and Wine
5) Never being bored even though we go at least once a week.
6) Christmas at Epcot, HS, and the resorts
7) The new events Unleash the Villians and Harambe Nights and Epcot after Dark
8) I just love being there

Sorry to break the thread rules but there is no way I have the time for 10 each. How does 2is sound?

Worst:
1. When you have two or three days left and you know it's over soon. Still you enjoy your time but it just goes so fast.

2. Price. I actually find the park tix to be not too bad when averaged over 8-10 days. It's the other stuff. Food, plane tickets, delux hotels (which I have yet to stay).

3. Only under 3 being free. I'm reasonable but I'd say that 3 and under would be better.

Best:
1. Anticipation - Taking 6-9 months to ramp up planning and build excitement is one of my favorite parts.

2. Memories - I never remember much of the bad stuff but always remember all the great stuff.

"Worst"

1- Leaving- without a doubt
2- Waiting for the Magical Express bus on departure day and watching people arrive at your resort to start their vacation
3- Standing in line for bag checks and watching people in front of you not understanding that, yes, ALL bags need to be checked. That includes your purse, camera bag, and the baby bag under the stroller.
4- Waiting in line for an attraction just to hear an announcement that the ride is down.
5- People who believe that they have the right to do whatever they want because they spent a lot of money on their Disney vacation and clearly, were the only ones to do so.
6- Mission Space- regular version. Felt nauseous the rest of the day.
7- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich at Studio Catering Company at DHS. Absolutely the worst thing I've ever eaten.
8- Stroller Parking. I actually like the designated areas, I don't like it when people instead put their strollers wherever they want and don't use it.
9- Ride refurbs. I know that they are necessary, but I'm going to miss my TTA next week!
10- Heat and humidity. I teach and these are unavoidable for us- still don't like em!

LOVES

1- The "fake monorail" at Orlando Intl Airport. It's how I know I've arrived!
2- The voice over guy in Disney Busses. I love that guy!
3- Flipping through the welcome packet when checking in at the resort.
4- Walking down Main St and Hollywood Blvd at night. Beautiful!
5- Splash Mt, Space Mt, Expedition Everest.
6- My wife's face when she gets off Tower of Terror- her favorite ride!
7- Ohana, 50s Prime Time, and Disney chicken nuggets.
8- The Disney water ride water smell!
9- Fantasmic, Wishes, Illuminations
10- Spending a week or more with my family without the distractions of the "real world".

worst:
1. the food is usually pretty bad. it feels like bad cafeteria food and rarely seems fresh.
2. the guests. the screaming, the rudeness, the flash pictures, the tour groups.. blech.
3. riding the un magical express back to the airport
4. the obvious cut corners they've done on some things. peeling paint, disappearing attractions like Push, places and things that could have been brilliant if just a little more money had been spent.
5. the ever rising costs while quality doesn't improve.
6. too much emphasis on meet and greets.
7. Trying to get around when there's a parade going on.
8. carnival games? terrible idea. most people i know associate carnival games with aggressive, screaming carnies and rigged, rip off games.
9. some of the parks feel neglected. not enough attractions and it feels like the rides that are there, are overburdened with guests.
10. boring merchandise. it's all the same and you can get it anywhere.

best:
1. the feeling when you get to dme at mco.
2. sitting and watching the stars outside at the hotel
3. yee haw bob
4. water parks
5. the buses will take you just about everywhere
6. the dining plan. it is very convenient and makes sure penny pinching ways don't override everyones need to be fed.
7. the smells
8. themed hotels for any budget. disneyland only has deluxe and we couldn't believe we could get such a fantastic hotel for the same price as best western.
9. epcot food is usually pretty good.
10. the extra activities offered. fishing? that's awesome and unusual!

Worst:
1 - Resort prices. Hundreds, even a thousand dollars for an (themed) hotel/room??
2 - Being tracked by MBs but not being told, instead pretending it was for our benefit
3 - Rude guests. Entitled guests.
4 - Constant in-your-face spend more money for <pick one>
5 - The long SB for Pirates after 40+ years of walk-on
6 - Trading pins selling at about 4,000% markup

Best:
1 - CMs. 99.99% awesome. Make that 99.9999%
2 - The look on a child's face the first time they see <pick one>
3 - How everything always seems to look new
4 - Reliving the memories of youth
5 - (gone now) Being able to walk right on to Pirates
6 - International foods, so many to choose from
7 - Fireworks every night!!
8 - Parades every day!!

The best:
1) paying off your trip, and realizing it's officially happening!
2) Walking down Main Street early in the morning. The music, the CMS with the giant Mickey gloves, and the first sighting of the castle.( I wont go there about the bakery which is now a Starbucks.)
3) the Food and Wine Festival
4) Mickey bars!
5) taking a day off from the parks and just hanging out at the resort, maybe by the pool. I still feel like I am immersed in the magic!
6) Haunted Mansion and POC. (tied) at MK
7) Illuminations
8) Seeing what's new for the first time. Looking forward to the new FOF parade and 7DMT this year.
9) It's Tough to be a Bug! and the Safari at AK
10) Star Tours, Muppets and TSM at DHS.
The worst:
1) Your last day , and realizing its officially over!
2) Rude guests, from the people who come up and try to stand in front of you when you have been waiting an hour for the parade, to the people who yell at CM's as if they are personally responsible for how things work, and the ones who ram you with their strollers.
3) The dumbing down of the menus.
4) EE. It scared the mickey out of me.
5) the prices
6) the heat at AK
7) Planet Hollywood
8) the lack of resort specific merchandise at all but the top tier resorts. I would stay there if I could, but I am too "financially embarassed" to afford them.
9) hoping that Avatar Land is not going to make this list in a few years
10) When things I like are changed or removed!
Why did they not consult me??;)

Ten Worst:
10) World Showcase's operating hours: I'd love to be able to visit in the AM, spreading some of the crowds from the E-tickets in Future World to the promenade. I think this would help everyone!

9) Dole Whip: Sorry, not to start a controversy here, but as a regular traveler to Hawaii, and a regular at the Dole Plantation, the only REAL Dolewhip is served on Oahu, and I will stand by that until the day I die!!!

8) The rope-drop stampedes: This isn’t a Disney thing per-se, but man, people can be downright awful when they’re running for TSMM or (now 7DMT). Just walk! Or, if you want to run, don’t push me or knock my daughter’s stroller over!

7) Your armpits. Yeah, I get it, it’s hot and you’re sweating. But perhaps prepare a bit better and put on DEODERANT!

6) The reality that HS is a half-day park. Sure, it doesn’t have to be, but the reality is that with so much… underwhelming? Activities there, you either have to resign yourself to a spa-afternoon, or park-hop. Just pull the trigger on Star Wars, or Pixar, or…well… anything!!! Make me want to stay ‘til the end of the day!

5) Dining Plan - again, a small gripe, but I'd love a step between Quick and Regular, which allowed 2 Quick Service, 1 Table Service, and a Snack/night. That would add convenience for my family at least.

4) Bus Transportation - only in that they need to be able to respond more quickly to changes in capacity for busses. If there are super long lines at a given stop at the end of the night, have some buses ready to go wherever needed to deal with that overflow!

3) Room choices on-site: This is hard to quantify, because some of the resorts have great variety/choices, while others just flat out stink. Why is it so hard to get a king-sized bed? Only at a few resorts is a king-bed an actual room choice where you may pay more, but you know what you requested can/will be honored.

2) Lack of cast-member empowerment: The cast members are clearly empowered (and rightfully so) to help spread the pixie dust and make situations good/better for guests. I wish they had more power to actually stop or defuse things like line-jumpers, smokers outside the designated areas, drunks, etc… it’s like you have to commit a felony to be asked to leave.

1) ADRs - First off, I know this is totally selfish. But I dislike that people can fill up the ADR queue 180 days out, for trips they may not even go on... While it seems harsh, I think you shouldn't be able to book ADRs until you're paid up? I know that doesn't really work, and I have no better solution, but I shouldn't have to be in a panic six months out to choose my dining, because people do a 530 dinner at Chef Mickeys, and a 730 dinner at BOG (which is allowed because not time-overlapped... But given that on day 176, I couldn't get any times at certain restaurants (for a non-free-dining day) is ridiculous to me. Sure, if I havethe time to check availability twice a day I might find one as stuff cancels, but come on, shouldn't have to do that...

Ten Best:
10) Pecos Bill’s fixins Bar: Self explanatory – pure burger-building-bliss!

9) Magical Express – This is where the amazing starts – it’s so easy, and carefree, and relaxing from the moment we get on the bus at the airport, to when we leave. It really (for us) steps everything off well.

8) Options – so many choices, enough to give us the flexibility to change our plans, or cater to what we want out of that particular trip. When we went with friends, it was Pop and lots of ADRs and eating around the world during F&W, when we were doing romantic – Poly and table service and room service, and with our two year old who needs some relax-time and short walks to/from buses – POFQ with quick services galore. You can make your vacation whatever you want it to be.

7) Frontierland – I could spend a week alternating back and forth between Splash and Thunder, and never get tired of them. Such great rides, such great experiences every time…

6) The old mixing with the new: It’s pretty great that you can go from Carousel of Progress to Buzz Lightyear, to TTA, to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor within a few steps of each other, and see some history, and experience something new as well. It’s got a great balance, and while sometimes nostalgia gets the best of me (RIP 20K), the new stuff is great

5) Mexican Donald – My wife and I each have pictures of ourselves at young ages in the early early 80s with him, and we now have the same picture with our daughter. He’s a symbol of all that is good in the world!

4) Interactive queues!!! I know some purists will disagree, but for me as a parent now, there value add with the interactivity in line makes it so easy for my daughter to remain engaged while waiting. Pooh especially is wonderful.

3) Kilimanjaro Safari – Every time we ride, we get a different experience, and never have we had a dull trip. Over the years our buses have been nuzzled by a baby rhino, had circles run around it by a bird, and stopped at the perfect moment to see a truly Lion King roar from atop Pride Rock. So great

2) Starbucks! Controversy ahoy, but man… not my favorite place in the world, but SUCH an improvement over all previous coffees available in the parks. And while I miss some things from the Bakery, I think they did it tastefully and respectfully, and it really does make things better for me and my coffee drinking brethren.

1) The cast-members. What else is there to say besides “thank you?!” It’s why we keep going back; you make us feel like the most important people at the parks, even when we stay at a Value. ;)

Worst:
(Honestly, everything but my #1 is extremely minor...)

Far and away my #1 is inconsiderate guests!!! People taking video with a bright, giant, constant "flash" on Pirates, and refusing a polite request from others in the boat to stop. People wearing those adorable flashing Christmas light necklaces...but NOT taking them off on dark rides, and treating everyone with them in the seance and graveyard scenes of HM to their distracting blinking decorations. People yelling at cast members who politely ask them to stay inside the lines when waiting for the parade. Etc., etc. Rudeness is irritating anywhere, but especially so in my happy place, dang it!

2 - The reduction in evening EMH. We're night owls, and some of our best memories are running around MK after 2 am, but this so rarely happens anymore.

3 - The smell in the Land pavilion. I'm sure the food at Sunshine Seasons is great, but it's too many different kinds of cuisine. The combined smell of all of them is...unfortunate. It's like the food version of the floral nightmare that is walking past/into a Bath & Body Works.

4 - The queue change in Space Mountain that puts most of the queue past the themeing, music, and games. What was the point of putting in the games if the majority of the wait time happens past them?

5 - The music at the end of Mission: Space. Is it worth getting to Mars if that's your soundtrack? :lmao:

6 - The increased standby waits at attractions like HM and POTC after the implementation of FP+

7 - Dinner at CRT going from a unique "character-lite" sort of experience to just another princess meal.

8 - Music on RnRC is so loud it's literally painful to me. I guess no one else experiences this? I love the ride, so I just bring earplugs, which makes it perfectly audible but no longer stabby. :thumbsup2

9 - The end of the Epcot Segway tour. I know why it had to go, but it's sad. It makes me so glad we got to do it before they stopped offering it!

10 - Broken, stationary Yeti. Again, I know what it would take to fix it, so I understand. But that ride BLEW MY MIND on our first-ever trip to Disney, with the Yeti reaching down to swipe at us as we flew past! I've never seen anything like it before or since!

Best:

1 - Castmembers! They put up with so much from the #1 on my worst list, and still stay cheery and helpful to bring magic to the rest of us!

2 - Illuminations! I'm kind of grumpy normally, but this show always fills me with such optimism.

3 - The music in Future World in Epcot! It's so very 80s and cheesy, but it makes me smile every time.

4 - Mission: Space! I know a lot of people hate it, but I love it. It appeals to the kid in me who wanted to be an astronaut.

5 - Osborne Lights! Dancing along to the music with a huge crowd of people, watching little kids try to catch the "snowflakes"...everything about it is pure Christmas magic.

6 - World Showcase dining... We've actually expanded our palates over the years due to trying something new at Epcot and liking it so much we seek it out at home.

7 - That first glimpse of the castle...can't beat it!

8 - Lunch at Be Our Guest... the theming is incredible in there, and the food is very tasty for QS!

9 - Watching a rhino cross right in front of our truck on the safari, and seeing a lioness in the nearby enclosure watch its every move intently, like, "If only this giant pit wasn't in my way...you would be lunch!"

10 - So many attractions for so many reasons! Too many to list!

10 Worst

1) The man who physically PUSHED my husband out of the way in the EPCOT parking lot, just to get on the tram. Dude, it's Christmas. He loved when I told him he should be ashamed of himself, in front of his children.
2) Being run over by a stroller every.. single.. day!
3) Line cutters. Pa-Lease! Just enjoy your family until it's your turn.
4) Whispering Canyon Cafe -- uh -- I just didn't get it. Nope.
5) People who stop right in front of me as I'm pushing my mother (in her wheelchair) up a hill in EPCOT. Um, can you fan yourself with your map over to the side, please?
6) Fresh fruit is harder and harder to find. It was GREAT for a while.....not anymore.
7) The Buses from Poly and GF to Magic Kingdom are a loooong wait. Way too long for a Deluxe.
8) The DRUNKS in Epcot at night are a bit much. When did it become respectable to get drunk in front of your kids every night?
9) Pin trading.....all the cast members have are the cheap throw away pins. Sad. Not even a hobby worth doing anymore.
10) Food. Boring. Very few good options for a NICE dinner.

10 Best

1) The first walk through Cinderella's castle every trip. Seeing the mosaic tile. I instantly become 10 years old again, holding my daddy's hand. He's been gone for over 30 years -- but I feel him there.
2) Peter Pan's Flight. It's perfect!
3) The beach at the Poly. Fireworks are best from there!
4) The ice cream sandwich on french brioche in France in Epcot. Decadent!
5) Starbucks inside WDW and EPCOT! LOVE!
6) The Osborne Lights. I've never seen anything prettier.
7) They are running the horses down Main Street again. Soooo nice to see.
8) The Ice cream parlor on Main Street. It's the first place I ever tried Chocolate Chip Mint.
9) Holding hands with my husband Peter as we walk around in the twinkle of the twilight.
10) Typhoon Lagoon Cabanas. Ahhh, now that's relaxation.

Worst:
1. Waiting for the resort buses at the end of a long day.
2. Lights, Motors, Action Stunt Show at DHS. Just doesn't do it for me and I miss the old backlot tour.
3. Lack of decent quick service restaurants at DHS.
4. Fighting the crowds exiting the parks after Wishes or Illuminations.
5. Planet Hollywood (yuck)
6. Getting up early for rope drop. I know it's necessary so we don't have to wait in long lines but I really am not a morning person!
7. Pop Century. Way too big and crowded and the walls of the rooms are so thin it feels like you are sleeping with your neighbors.
8. Journey Into Imagination with Figment. Why oh why did they think they could improve on the original?
9. Liberty Tree Tavern. I don't understand why anyone thinks this is good food. Even I can make a better turkey dinner than that and DH will be the first to say I'm no cook.
10. Packing to go home.

Best:
1. Holding hands and walking down Main Street with my hubby.
2. Grand Marnier Slush.
3. The boat ride from Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom.
4. Walking into the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge and knowing that you get to actually stay there.
5. Standing on Main Street watching Wishes with DH and feeling like we are the only ones there even in the middle of a crowd.
6. Watching people's reaction the first time they ride Soarin.
7. Candlelight Processional.
8. Screaming my head off on Expedition Everest and RNR.
9. MNSSHP (Where else can you dress up and go Trick or Treating as an adult?)
10. Disney's Art of Animation stores. We can spend hours and a small fortune in there.

Worst

1. Summer heat when the humidity really kicks in
2. Poor pool etiquette
3. DME all the way back to MCO for return flight
4. Who am I kidding? I can't come up with 10

Best

1. When the captain announces "We've been cleared for landing at MCO." :yay:
2. A short line for DME
3. A quick, pain-free check-in at your favorite resort
4. MDE app
5. Magic bands
6. A trip with 10 consecutive days of no rain (75-80 for highs also)
7. Boat rides to DTD
8. Moderates
9. Cape May character meal b'kfast
10. Family time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter