Young At Heart: The #BirthdayFestivus13 Adventure!!! 5 UPDATES, 1/8!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAY 18, 2013
Day 6, Part 5 In Which Epcot Puts On A Show Just For Us!!!​

Somewhere around this time I suggested we play the Question Game. We were tired and our convo was winding down and when I noticed we were both looking at our phones instead of, you know, ACTUALLY COMMUNICATING with each other I was like oh hell no. I am old fashioned like that and I feel like an idiot when I look at my phone too much.

I know it's a symptom of our generation but I do not accept it. People of Earth, let's look into each other's eyes and tell each other something we've never told anyone. Let's connect for real, WHO CARES WHAT'S GOING ON ON TWITTER!!

The truth is, I do. I love Twitter! But not during a meal at Disney World.

Most of my friends are so freaking sick of the Question Game but I didn't grow up with Jess so she hasn't had to tolerate it since like 2nd grade.

She ended up being super into it and I think we both forgot about our phones for a good 45 seconds. After that I just had to check Instagram, I mean you never know which one of your friends is going to take a picture of the dessert they are eating.

I'm kidding of course... Not only did we play it right then, it continued throughout our whole meal, the whole time we were walking out of Epcot, all the way back to Pop on the bus, and back in the room. We sure learned a lot about each other!

If you don't know this game, it's basically just that you ask a question, the other person answers, and then they ask you something, and you answer, and on and on. But they have to be good/juicy questions and you can not copy the question the other person asked you.

It's basically like Truth or Dare without the dare. This game is better because as Madonna says, "The biggest dare is to tell the truth." (;

I have learned some INSANE stuff about people during this game. However, I cannot reveal any of it because the #1 rule of the question game is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE QUESTION GAME.

Outside of the game you are forbidden to bring up anything spoken about while playing or you get tracked and killed basically. It's way more serious than Fight Club and I will knock you out if you repeat anything I say during the game. Brad Pitt doesn't have much to do with it but if I have to call him, I WILL.

Anywho, back to the meal! I didn't have to think much about my entree - I knew I wanted the Pollo a las Rajas because so many people on the Dis, including Jess, have endlessly raved about it and from food pictures I knew it looked delicious.

9509454271_c52038a362_z.jpg

This was very good. I don't know that it's that deserving of the over the top hype and next time I will probably try something else, but I'm glad I had it this time. I was in the mood for chicken and it hit the spot. I usually don't have creamy sauce on chicken so it is an interesting combination and the famous green rice is really good.

My only complaint was that I didn't think there was enough sauce. It must not have been that big a problem to me though since I'm sure the waitress would have happily brought more had I requested it.

Jess usually gets the chicken but instead she decided to go with the Carne Asada this time and she absolutely LOVED IT.

9509453147_f4ec04190f_z.jpg

I don't remember her getting dessert but I certainly did! I wasn't crazy about the dessert menu so I just went with something basic I knew I would like, the chocolate mousse.

10333425194_de753b71bb_z.jpg

10333424984_f1d68e6c79_z.jpg

OMG. This was SO MUCH better than I was expecting. It was anything but basic, it was the lightest, fluffiest, most delicious chocolate mousse I have EVER had! Also there was a certain spice in it or something that made it feel like something you'd eat around Christmastime to me. That probably sounds weird but I don't know how else to explain it. I craved this dessert soooo much after my trip and I highly recommend it!

Overall this was a great meal and I am so glad I finally tried San Angel! It may not be a place I have to go every single trip but I have to say I am dying to go back already. There are a lot of different things I want to try here and sitting in this pavilion during your meal is just such a wonderful experience. The atmosphere can't be beat!

We were one of two tables left in the place, we stayed SO long. We just sat forever after we finished because we wanted to chill out and just enjoy the flawless Mexican view, Froot Loop salsa, and Question Game. We figured as long as this other table is still sticking around, the staff can't lock up anyway.

Then we had the thought of... what if the other table is thinking the same thing waiting for us to leave? LOL! But they eventually got up and we followed right behind them cause we don't wanna be the jerks keeping the staff there all night (even though we kinda already were!!)

It was over 90 minutes past park closing once we got out of there! Wow.

9512236102_6af469a896_z.jpg

It was AWESOME to be there all alone. I just didn't want to leave ever!

10333437475_9cc15a8daa_z.jpg

9512237750_ee6eb3c974_z.jpg

10333447576_a0707e641a_z.jpg

9509448381_98e7af69e2_z.jpg

10333601073_f56b9dc9dc_z.jpg

9512242216_6578683a30_z.jpg

We took our time heading out of Epcot.

10330606605_48f3862b61_z.jpg

We went to the giant restrooms near where you come out of World Showcase and go into Future World. I always wonder when they are going to do something better with that space.

We were literally the only people around except for this one CM who told us it was going to rain so we'd better hurry up. Um yeah I know dude you want us out, calm down.

So we walk on into Future World, marveling at the emptiness of the park. Well not really marveling because it's a trend of mine and Jess's friendship to be the last people in Epcot. This is like the 67th time it's happened and so we're just used to it.

HOWEVER, then something we are certainly not used to happened.

The Fountain of Nations show began!!! WHAT?? WHY?

9509437831_85975984ab_z.jpg

It was seriously like this show was just for us. I mean, it literally was since we saw no other people. It's not like there were still a few stragglers. No. It was us and Spaceship Earth and the fountain. We could not believe it, we were just like "Is this actually happening? How is this real?

9512226834_8e477c8722_z.jpg

10330606385_2d6c212552_z.jpg

10330773263_5c9fd1f255_z.jpg

10330604925_ec70f478c0_z.jpg

It was truly amazing. I feel SO lucky that this happened to us.

10330772203_29fa3aebc4_z.jpg

10330610886_ba69b0c0d8_z.jpg

10330770703_014d26f1b6_z.jpg

I could not stop taking pictures as we made our way out. We could not stop laughing and carrying on and playing the Question Game. It was so much fun.

MAY 18, 2013
Day 6, Part 6 In Which We Call It A (Frumpy) Day​

OH EPCOT!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! SEE YOU SOON BABY!!!

10330769963_e4431ff5fa_z.jpg

10330609106_c432139b19_z.jpg

10330601575_fb11fd18ed_z.jpg

10330590874_e54569d298_z.jpg

10330600075_6379708123_z.jpg

I actually think I like taking pictures of SSE even more than the Castle. GASP, I know. But... there's just something about it. The way the light reflects on it amazes me.

10330598755_2d00716c5c_z.jpg

10330597915_98fe3b42fe_z.jpg

10330597185_02146abd5d_z.jpg

10330763723_5f40392558_z.jpg

I had to lean back, like ALL the way back Fat Joe style to get this next shot. I love it!

10330585844_1d8a455ece_z.jpg

SSE mirror selfie. Oh my God we are the best, it is too much.

10334020185_373a76f529_z.jpg

10330585284_4abe831d1f_z.jpg

It was sad to say goodbye to the Flower & Garden Festival! I did not eat nearly enough at those booths.

10330762293_20eb233e69_z.jpg

See ya real soon, Epcot!

10330762933_25123eff44_z.jpg

After getting back to the room I took a picture of some of my latest pin trades.

HOW COOL ARE THESE!

BKoiPg4CcAENo0Q.jpg

HADES!!! Omg. I love the Maleficent one too. I am so mad because I lost that. I hope it's somewhere in my room or something and not lost forever because it's an awesome pin! I thought that Tinkerbell one was pretty cool too even though her skin is really dark for some reason. AND PERCY! Ahh I love pins.

We watched SNL for awhile before going to bed. I was so excited because the next day GINA WAS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#BirthdayFirstsivus13: The Firsts of May 18!
~Vinylmation Traded in Frontierland & got a Cast Chaser!
~Took pictures with the DAWM fireworks going on behind us
~Shopped at Cast Connections
~Ate at San Angel Inn
~Saw the Fountain of Nations show with no one else around!

MAY 19, 2013
Day 6, Part 1 In Which I Have An Animated Morning

This morning, I slept in a bit since I knew it had to be a non-park day. You can only have 10 on a park hopper and I was doing 14 days in Disney. So this was going to be one of those leisurely days.

Jess had to get up around 5am to go to work. The good part was that in early means out early!

Today was of course the day that GINA WAS COMING!!!! OMG! I retweeted what she tweeted in the morning which was:

ldgjklskdmlksdnkjgnljkndgladekfjalejflkzd.mdvlmdvk moiuelfknvm,xnckjsodiuflkxc,. mxleiudflvkxn,vn,slieudfwapfvcn ms>'lkdfjvcl,msdkldgjvnc,gsk

As you can see she was not really that excited.

Once I got up and get ready, out of all the non-park places to go, I really just wanted to go to Art of Animation again. I love that place! So I set off on my walk through Pop to AoA for the 8949th time.

View from our floor.

10334177806_3566f4d236_z.jpg

AHH I love that giant jukebox. One day I need a jukebox in my house. That would be rad.

10334169255_c9eec23427_z.jpg

60's!

10334176066_b767821e54_z.jpg

As much as I love the 50's, the 60's is MY DECADE. If reincarnation is real I am 100% sure I lived in the 60's. Ever since I was little I have felt such a connection to that era.

In front of the resort they were playing a bean bag game.

10334175516_66a368350b_z.jpg

Why not, right?

10335042843_0b2c04dc39_z.jpg

The pool was closed the entire day. We had no idea why!

10334330053_5007de8f31_z.jpg

10334166405_0b862412bf_z.jpg

Took this one for my friend Ringo. Not the fish, the Beatle. PEACE AND LOVE PEACE AND LOVE.

10334201714_db1f335aa9_z.jpg

Soon I was all up in Crush's business, dude!!

10334224426_e0d549d21e_z.jpg

It's the EAC DUDE!!!

10334215435_1033cff273_z.jpg

IT'S CHOCOLATE DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!

10334214635_9d978368a2_z.jpg

I had to have another fluffy chocolate croissant!!! A flawless and rousing breakfast!!

I went to sit and eat in the lobby for a change and it was lovely. The art all over the place is so inspiring.

10334378573_c7e391b82d_z.jpg

10334199104_0e7febaf94_z.jpg

It must have been so much fun to get to go through all the old concept art and select which pieces would appear in this lobby. I mean, what a job. To have access to all of that... I would faint.

10334377873_69d0e3a9d8_z.jpg

I thought the lion cub in the pic below was concept art for Kovu from The Lion King 2 (which I LOVE by the way), but it was actually a version of an early Simba.

10334212665_c19a1556e0_z.jpg

10334220616_15ec747d70_z.jpg

SO CUTE.

After I ate, I pin traded at the front desk and with CMs in the gift shop. I JUST COULD NOT STOP TRADING.

I then decided to walk to the Lion King section because I had NEVER SEEN IT! You may remember from Stuck In Disney, I left my AoA exploration trip early. This was finally my chance 6 months later to see the other sections of the resort!

10334196114_049d9b8c43_z.jpg

Remember who you are.

10335111124_ec34a602af_z.jpg

Omg, there were these little kids near me that were SO EXCITED about the Lion King section. They kept screaming the character's names with glee and pointing and jumping up and down. It was such a heartwarming moment.

@babybritney: Seeing how children react to Art of Animation is priceless. I really hope the imagineers come here to see that!

10334209755_a1a316735c_z.jpg

HAKUNA MATATA!!!!

10334219256_6c4867e6b2_z.jpg

This place is so perfect. I want to stay in this section so bad.

So then I went over to the Little Mermaid section. OH MY GOD THIS WAS EVEN BETTER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE.

10334194724_f394c9e292_z.jpg

ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! ERIC OMG. I totally fangirled out. I was so excited.

10335127295_09fdfd3855_z.jpg

10335335323_7524af9ef7_z.jpg

10334216796_2900a71d18_z.jpg

10334208705_cfe5cccf90_z.jpg

I couldn't even deal with how great it is. They really did an unbelievable job. Lately, when they are dealing with the Disney Renaissance movies, they just go above and beyond. Now let's get more Poca and Hercules stuff up in the parks!!

Last edited:
Oh my gosh I have so much to catch up on! I read a day so I’ll try to remember everything…hmm…not gonna happen, crap!

Okay, well, I’m so so so so glad that you guys loved POFQ, I absolutely loved it there last trip and highly encourage anyone to go there too!! CSR was nice, but I didn’t like it too much as I was solo and was really far off in a dark corner lol, but it is super gorgeous! Pop! Yay pop!! It’s such a home resort for me too, as much as I want to stay everywhere, I love going back to Pop!! Also AoA, so pretty!

Yay for all the AK love, that place is beyond gorgeous and amazing and I will gladly spend more than two full days there!

AAAAHHH TEN FREAKING DAYS TILL YOU BAAAACCCKKK.. Too bad you weren’t coming in a day earlier and we’d be at the same party, lol, so close, I swear, one of these days we’ll manage to meet up lol!!

Also I’m insanely excited to see your costume!!

Love that juice! Love Kona!! Also I totally get that about being in Disney with someone you don’t have to guide around, that’s gotta be awesome!! Paige is certainly getting up there, my Mom was more “I wanna do that thing with the talking turtle” and then like, EVERY finding Nemo attraction we went into she’d be all “is this it?” no…this is a musical…good try though, bahah.

THOSE ARE ALL THE BEST DRINKS IN DISNEY, MY LOVES!! Seriously, those and water is all I drink…and GM slushies…

Wowee those meals look delicious!!

Oh my gosh that pirate totally is Winnie the pooh!

Ah!! Your shirt and Jess’s skirt are SO CUTE!

DAWM firework shots on main street are the BEST!

Oh dear baby jesus….that wedding giraffe story is hilarity at its best!

I totally traded for that Rapunzel pin last month!! Ah! Love it!

Oh my gosh a car that gives out stickers?!?! HOW INCREDBIBLY AWESOME!

This Norway update is I think, the greatest thing I’ve read all day…

How magically awesome that you got your own private fountain show!! You guys certainly do like leaving epcot LAST literally! Lol

Your pictures of AoA and Pop are simply amazing!! Such great angles and such too!! Ah!! YES! MORE HERCULES PLEASE!!

Oh my god I laughed so hard at the people behind you in the Splash Mountain pic.

AND HOLY BUTTS, JESS'S LITTLE MERMAID SKIRT IS THE SAME MATERIAL AS MY SHEETS WHICH IS SO AWESOME.

Also every time you say something like this: "Threaten them until they let you BE THEIR GUEST~*~" with little ornamentations at the end, I lose it. You are the funniest.

Omg, pin trading up in the club. STAHP. :rotfl:

You are seriously on fire with these posts. Everything you say is funny darn it. DARN IT LIA.

PS I AM OBSESSED WITH DISNEY CONCEPT ART.

YAY IT'S TIME FOR ME!!!!!!!

All I have to say... Is that your Stefon reference seriously cracked me up. I am now going to memorize that spiel so I can recite it when I hit up Maelstrom in December. Truth.

...is that creepy? No? Okay, just checking. <phew>

Oh my gosh I have so much to catch up on! I read a day so I’ll try to remember everything…hmm…not gonna happen, crap!

Okay, well, I’m so so so so glad that you guys loved POFQ, I absolutely loved it there last trip and highly encourage anyone to go there too!! CSR was nice, but I didn’t like it too much as I was solo and was really far off in a dark corner lol, but it is super gorgeous! Pop! Yay pop!! It’s such a home resort for me too, as much as I want to stay everywhere, I love going back to Pop!! Also AoA, so pretty!

Yay for all the AK love, that place is beyond gorgeous and amazing and I will gladly spend more than two full days there!

AAAAHHH TEN FREAKING DAYS TILL YOU BAAAACCCKKK.. Too bad you weren’t coming in a day earlier and we’d be at the same party, lol, so close, I swear, one of these days we’ll manage to meet up lol!!

Also I’m insanely excited to see your costume!!

Love that juice! Love Kona!! Also I totally get that about being in Disney with someone you don’t have to guide around, that’s gotta be awesome!! Paige is certainly getting up there, my Mom was more “I wanna do that thing with the talking turtle” and then like, EVERY finding Nemo attraction we went into she’d be all “is this it?” no…this is a musical…good try though, bahah.

THOSE ARE ALL THE BEST DRINKS IN DISNEY, MY LOVES!! Seriously, those and water is all I drink…and GM slushies…

Wowee those meals look delicious!!

Oh my gosh that pirate totally is Winnie the pooh!

Ah!! Your shirt and Jess’s skirt are SO CUTE!

DAWM firework shots on main street are the BEST!

Oh dear baby jesus….that wedding giraffe story is hilarity at its best!

I totally traded for that Rapunzel pin last month!! Ah! Love it!

Oh my gosh a car that gives out stickers?!?! HOW INCREDBIBLY AWESOME!

This Norway update is I think, the greatest thing I’ve read all day…

How magically awesome that you got your own private fountain show!! You guys certainly do like leaving epcot LAST literally! Lol

Your pictures of AoA and Pop are simply amazing!! Such great angles and such too!! Ah!! YES! MORE HERCULES PLEASE!!

Hey Katt! Thanks for catching up. OMG we are both going to Disney soon, it's so wonderful. Lucky us!! And yeah I'm sure we will cross paths one of these days. We both go so much, it's inevitable.

Thanks so much for the compliments & for reading!!

Oh and I forgot to ask... what is your costume for your upcoming MNSSHP?

Oh my god I laughed so hard at the people behind you in the Splash Mountain pic.

AND HOLY BUTTS, JESS'S LITTLE MERMAID SKIRT IS THE SAME MATERIAL AS MY SHEETS WHICH IS SO AWESOME.

Also every time you say something like this: "Threaten them until they let you BE THEIR GUEST~*~" with little ornamentations at the end, I lose it. You are the funniest.

Omg, pin trading up in the club. STAHP. :rotfl:

You are seriously on fire with these posts. Everything you say is funny darn it. DARN IT LIA.

PS I AM OBSESSED WITH DISNEY CONCEPT ART.

YAY IT'S TIME FOR ME!!!!!!!

12 days till I see you!!

I really want ALL my clothing to be made in vintage Disney sheet material ONLY or everyone is fired.

Thank you thank you thank you :-) I try!!! Pin trading up in the club will catch on!!! You'll see!!!!

All I have to say... Is that your Stefon reference seriously cracked me up. I am now going to memorize that spiel so I can recite it when I hit up Maelstrom in December. Truth.

...is that creepy? No? Okay, just checking. <phew>

hahahahaha Please do memorize it :thumbsup2 I'm glad I could bring a healthy helping of Stefon into your every day life! He is important.

tumblr_llky6kDS5P1qe3p9bo1_500.gif

Really excited for you Lia. Like REALLY excited. You and MNSSHP are just a necessary combination I think. Not that you would ever need advice by any stretch, but for the Dwarfs last year, getting in line before the party made all the difference in the world. Still a good long wait, but no party time taken, which was essential. Pic gotten and off to party by barely past 7. I know Jack and Sally are HUGELY popular though, so this may not work as well. Good luck in your quest!!! :goodvibes

Haha, my half-sister went MANY years between Disney trips. Like A LOT of time. What's the one thing she remembered... Pirate Leg Hair!

Oy, I lost two ride photos last trip due to stupid people, though I was able to see both, so I did totally understand.

OMG Cast Connections would be dangerous. I would probably be all "Here's my credit card... Let me know when it starts melting."

You know you're a Disney Princess/Celebrity/Icon when... The Fountain Of Nations performs JUST for you. Magical!!! pixiedust:

Loving the monsoon of updates!!! (only type of Disney Monsoon I like).

Loved your pics of AoA...we stayed in the LM rooms this past November and they were AWESOME...your pictures took me right back!!!! They are you typical value room set up, but the details are so cute. My favorite is the bathroom. The LM area was great and I thoroughly enjoyed walking all around the resort. I never made it over to Pop while we were there, but I think that is where the DH and I are going to stay on our Honeymoon Re-do next October.

I'm glad you mentioned the weather being nice in April because that is when our next trip is scheduled...the week after Easter. I know the crowds will be heavier than what I'm used to because of the Holiday, but I can handle the crowds it's the weather that can beat me down though.

Thanks again for the great updates, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed you are planning on doing one for your next trip coming up. :)

Im doing Alice at one party and Tink at the other!!! Supe excited, and next years costumes are even planned out lol!!

Wow! SO many updates!!!! :)

I LOVE your sense of humour Lia...I laugh a lot reading your trip reports! :laughing:

Great photos too! The Splash Mountain one is a classic!! :laughing:

This was the first day the heat bothered me. The park was also pretty packed... I hate having to weave through people everywhere you go.

You know from my previous TRs that I usually visit Disney during cooler times, which also happens to have lower crowds.

I can't even imagine going every summer and never experiencing the more pleasant weather and smaller crowd level. I'm not a diva or anything but this heat was a no. It really made the time less enjoyable. Oh well, IT'S DISNEY and on the day with the most crowds and highest heat index it would still be magical.

I wasn't complaining out loud or anything but let's just say I prefer going in October and April. Those months are just perfect.

I completely agree with you. This year my family and I were in Orlando at the end of May/beginning of June and the heat, humidity and crowds really got to us. It certainly didn't spoil our park days but it definitely made them harder than we were used to, and we all agreed that we wouldn't go back at that time of year again if we could avoid it.

Given the choice, my favourite time to visit Disney World is end of April/beginning of May or October...And you lucky lady get to do just that in less than a fortnight!!!!!! You must be super excited!!!!! :woohoo:

Best wishes,
S.xx

I was worried catching up on this thing would take me all the way until #BirthdayFestivus90, but I did it! I don't really know what to comment on because a lot happened and I was more focused on reading than writing down my thoughts but you and Jess and Lee-Anne are adorable and that story about the lady who took her top off in the giftshop made me LOL and Captain EO is absolutely something you should rush to first thing in the morning. :upsidedow

Lia & Jess's Halloween Trip: PTR UPDATE!

Don't worry... we will come up with a better name than "Lia and Jess's Halloween Trip" :lmao: It's a working title.

Jess texted me this morning and said SINGLE DIGITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY CRAP SHE IS RIGHT!!! I AM GOING TO DISNEY IN 9 DAYS!

It's starting to feel slightly more real. Jess and I have matching pink magic bands because we are princesses. I tried to add Fastpass+ onto them but it defaults to this week and then tells me I can't book Fastpass+ for days not on my reservation. Well duh, I know that, and I am not trying to! Problem is they don't let me change the dates to our actual trip. It just closes the page and goes back to the main planning page without letting me do anything. :headache: Hopefully when it gets closer to the trip, I will be able to make the FP reservations.

I DID ONLINE CHECK-IN TODAY!!! :cool1: The website would not let me put in a room request. Which is fine since I don't even care where our room is, but like, I would have liked the option. So the Disney website is a hot mess right now but it's okay. These are all just extras. I'M JUST EXCITED TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I had a bit of pixie dust when I called my job and they told me I didn't have to come in. This was perfect because I had time to go shopping and get some pieces for my costume. I REALLY REALLY did not want to do any sewing on this one but I am going to have to. Le sigh. I just really hope all this work pays off in the form of me being satisfied with this costume. I am the kind of person who genuinely does not care about outside opinion. It is all about my own opinion of it. I know it's not going to come out exactly how I have it in my head but I am hoping it will be close. I found the BEST fabric today (Thanks to Joann's!) so I am excited about that. I also found the main piece of the costume at GoodWill and it kind of changed my vision for it. I won't say what it is, but omg, if it comes out how I want it to... I AM GONNA FEEL LIKE A ROCKSTAR. hahaha. As if I didn't already when I was walking around as Mickey Mouse! But this one is way more involved. I just can't wait til the last piece comes in the mail so I can put it all together and alter it correctly. AHH I have a lot of work ahead of me so I am thinking these 9 days will go quickly. It's not far from midnight now so it's almost 8 DAYS!!! Between my costume, my job, working on this TR, and everything else in my crazy life... I should keep plenty busy until my DISNEY TRIP!!!! I still don't believe it!

I am really excited about Jess's costume too because it is something that happened as kind of a mistake. She didn't plan to be it but then she realized how it could go with mine b/c she is a Disney genius, clearly. Our costumes go together but you would never know they did if you were outside of Disney. That is all I am going to say... it's really cool though. I'M EXCITED.

Yesterday we talked about our exact goals for MNSSHP. If you have never been to one of these parties, you just can't imagine how FAST the night goes. It's crazy. So it took some work but I have our night planned to a T and I fit in everything we wanted to do. The key is not trying to do everything. I went to 3 parties and still did not do everything. So there's just no way. I am really happy with our plan though. Especially because I know that WHATEVER happens... I will be at MNSSHP with one of my best friends!!! How could ANYTHING be wrong in that scenario? :hmghost: AHHHH I AM SO EXCITEDIUDIDHLDFK

Also... did you guys know GINA IS COMING?!?! We are about to get to her part of the TR so you will get to know her better. This time she can only come for one night but at least it's something. We have AMAZING PLANS. I am seriously so excited for that night. Also, Jess and I corrupted Gina and she is now addicted to pin trading and has 25 pins to trade during her stay. I have 73 pins and 10 Vinyls to trade!!! This trip may as well be called the trading extravaganza.

We are not on the dining plan. You can not add free dining on if you are a Cast Member and we did not want to pay full price for the DDP. I never have and I probably never will! I don't mind not having the DDP at all because of the Food and Wine Festival. I want to eat there most of the time. You all know how much I love it and I want to get everything out of it that I possibly can. It's safe to say we'll be at Epcot A LOT.

Right now we only have three ADRs~ California Grill, Garden Grill, and Sci Fi. I am SO EXCITED about California Grill because I have wanted to go back there so badly since having dinner there for my 16th birthday. It was so delicious and SO MAGICAL. The meal was perfect and getting to go out on the balcony to watch Wishes was priceless. This time we are going too early for that but it's okay because even just going out there to enjoy the view of the Magic Kingdom is an amazing experience. I am just SO excited to eat there again, and so is Jess. It has been closed for a long time, so she hasn't been there in awhile either. We are SO PUMPED!!!

I picked Garden Grill because Jess and I are both beyond obsessed. She goes quite often and after finally experiencing it on my last trip I became addicted. I am so happy we are going back. As far as character meals go, it is probably my top favorite.

And of course Sci Fi is Sci Fi. My favorite. I can't go to WDW without going there. That will never happen.

ALSO!!! If you haven't heard that Talking Mickey has been making brief appearances at MK lately... well you need to go on Youtube and look up "Talking Mickey at Disney World". It is just INSANELY magical. Jess and I are going to try and catch him. I am not getting my hopes up at ALL because it's random and there are no guarantees of course. I will seriously cry if this happens. I will not be able to control myself. I mean... MICKEY MOUSE TALKING TO ME!!?!? No way.

Overall, this trip is going to be one for the books FOR SURE. I can not even believe it is happening. Everything has come together so awesomely and I AM FREAKING OUT WITH EXCITEMENT. Once I get my costume totally finished I know I am going to lose it. With that weight lifted off my shoulders I am going to feel like I am on top of the world. That may sound cheesy but hey, that's how Disney makes me feel.

Okay... I think that is it for this PTR update! I hope you all are having a wonderful fall season. I know I am!! I JUST CAN'T WAIT TIL HALLOWEEN IN DISNEY THOUGH!!! AHH!!!

Now for some replies! :-) I am trying to keep up with them better. But in the future since I need to finish this thing if I don't reply to your comment every time please do not be offended. I read every single one and I love them. So thank you and thank you for reading!!!

Really excited for you Lia. Like REALLY excited. You and MNSSHP are just a necessary combination I think. Not that you would ever need advice by any stretch, but for the Dwarfs last year, getting in line before the party made all the difference in the world. Still a good long wait, but no party time taken, which was essential. Pic gotten and off to party by barely past 7. I know Jack and Sally are HUGELY popular though, so this may not work as well. Good luck in your quest!!! :goodvibes

Haha, my half-sister went MANY years between Disney trips. Like A LOT of time. What's the one thing she remembered... Pirate Leg Hair!

Oy, I lost two ride photos last trip due to stupid people, though I was able to see both, so I did totally understand.

OMG Cast Connections would be dangerous. I would probably be all "Here's my credit card... Let me know when it starts melting."

You know you're a Disney Princess/Celebrity/Icon when... The Fountain Of Nations performs JUST for you. Magical!!! pixiedust:

Thank you Rob! No, I will definitely take any advice! I do fancy myself a bit of a MNSSHP expert but the whole Jack and Sally thing has thrown me off. I really wish I was not like the biggest Nightmare fan ever, or I would just totally skip them. But it just feels wrong to do that! So we will probably be doing just what you said b/c I do NOT want to miss out on precious party time. I am not looking forward to their wait time but I'm sure it will be worth it. Plus it's going to be Jess and I in the Magic Kingdom... I'm sure we can entertain ourselves in this line. :rotfl:

LOL some random things just stick with you! You never know what it's gonna be.

It really is dangerous but I am SO EXCITED to go back. Like that is probably in my top 10 things I am most excited for. :lmao:

That is a lovely thing to be called. Thanks again!!!

Loving the monsoon of updates!!! (only type of Disney Monsoon I like).

Loved your pics of AoA...we stayed in the LM rooms this past November and they were AWESOME...your pictures took me right back!!!! They are you typical value room set up, but the details are so cute. My favorite is the bathroom. The LM area was great and I thoroughly enjoyed walking all around the resort. I never made it over to Pop while we were there, but I think that is where the DH and I are going to stay on our Honeymoon Re-do next October.

I'm glad you mentioned the weather being nice in April because that is when our next trip is scheduled...the week after Easter. I know the crowds will be heavier than what I'm used to because of the Holiday, but I can handle the crowds it's the weather that can beat me down though.

Thanks again for the great updates, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed you are planning on doing one for your next trip coming up. :)

Thank you! I'm so glad. :goodvibes

Pop is just so great. You will love it! And with AoA steps away, it makes it even better!

Oh gosh April is perfect weather. And I always experience low crowds in April as long as it's after the first week or so. The two weeks in the middle of the month are usually the lowest crowds.

I'm sure I will do another TR. That one will not be quite as frantically posted though! :laughing:

Im doing Alice at one party and Tink at the other!!! Supe excited, and next years costumes are even planned out lol!!

What great costumes! Your Tink outfit is so nice. It really looks like Tinkerbell's.

I had an idea for this years MNSSHP last year, but I ended up changing it about a month ago. I am always thinking about costume ideas though! It's just so fun.

Wow! SO many updates!!!! :)

I LOVE your sense of humour Lia...I laugh a lot reading your trip reports! :laughing:

Great photos too! The Splash Mountain one is a classic!! :laughing:

I completely agree with you. This year my family and I were in Orlando at the end of May/beginning of June and the heat, humidity and crowds really got to us. It certainly didn't spoil our park days but it definitely made them harder than we were used to, and we all agreed that we wouldn't go back at that time of year again if we could avoid it.

Given the choice, my favourite time to visit Disney World is end of April/beginning of May or October...And you lucky lady get to do just that in less than a fortnight!!!!!! You must be super excited!!!!! :woohoo:

Best wishes,
S.xx

Thank you! That is the best compliment ever. I just want to be funny. hahaha

I agree. It doesn't ruin your time in Disney or anything, it just makes it a little harder.

I AM SO EXCITED!!! I cannot contain it!!

Thank you :-)

I was worried catching up on this thing would take me all the way until #BirthdayFestivus90, but I did it! I don't really know what to comment on because a lot happened and I was more focused on reading than writing down my thoughts but you and Jess and Lee-Anne are adorable and that story about the lady who took her top off in the giftshop made me LOL and Captain EO is absolutely something you should rush to first thing in the morning. :upsidedow

hahahaha PLEASE tell me you are coming to #BirthdayFestivus90. I need someone else who will still remember the Bye Bye Bye dance. Even if we are too frail to perform it standing up, we can do the arm movements in our scooters. PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE WITH ME!

Thank you Kara <3

Your Stefon reference literally made me laugh out loud. That deserves a comment! Well done!

MAY 19, 2013
Day 7, Part 2 In Which I Hula Hoop and Minnie Vibrates​

I am so happy they have these signs up at AOA with facts on them like they do about all the decades at Pop. They are so fun to look at and very informative too!

10334371593_6a7b1051ab_z.jpg

10334206965_97a91f3374_z.jpg

There was a path to get back to Pop from here so I decided to just go that way for a change so I, uh, skipped the Cars section.

I have a confession... I really don't care about Cars. I saw the first one years ago and thought some parts were great but overall I would but it into the "cute" category. Like it did not stand up to other Pixar movies to me.

I didn't have much interest in a sequel and so when I heard from a some people that it was the worst Pixar movie ever I just totally lost interest and never watched it. I'm sure I'll give it another chance one day but I just... don't care. I was told that the Cars section is gorgeous at night though, so I hope to check that out someday soon regardless of whether I care about the movie or not.

Here is one of the Pop fact signs!

10334215046_6ff77393eb_z.jpg

When I first stayed at Pop I walked around reading every single one of these that I could find. I've always been obsessed with the past 7 decades or so.

"My car's jacked up, my heart's broke down." It happens!

10334205225_71763030ba_z.jpg

I spotted this towel animal that seemed kind of evil!!!

10334190534_1e3d3574f4_z.jpg

Begone, creepy rabbit!!!

I briefly went back to our room before heading back out and into Everything Pop to pin trade.

Pooh trivia was posted!

10334189794_98e4927419_z.jpg

Pretty easy.

Out to the busses I go! Hey, look at these crowds!!!

10334212566_c0462a39c1_z.jpg

Whew. May was more crowded than I'm used to but you still had your moments like this... Thank God.

I caught the bus to Downtown Disney. I hadn't even been there yet this trip so it was definitely time for a visit.

I stopped in Art of Disney first and saw this AMAZING painting of Mickey, Goofy, and Donald as Dapper Dans.

10334893906_f89fa81b3e_z.jpg

Is that not the most perfect thing ever?! If they wore those outfits in the park I would fall over.

I absolutely loved this one of the famous Beauty & the Beast ballroom scene.

10334894296_ce944916c9_z.jpg

SO BEAUTIFUL.

And glittery Ariel.

10334895466_6568426dbe_z.jpg

Does anyone remember that episode of the Little Mermaid series where there was all this drama with the dolphins? Did I make that up? Hmm. LOL. Seriously though I miss the Little Mermaid and Aladdin series so much.

Over by Rainforest Cafe they had parrots and a guy out explaining how awesome they are. It was pretty cool!

10334367183_d50696cc99_z.jpg

Next I went to Pin Station to not just pin but also Vinylmation trade.

10334212006_bc6a9a4901_z.jpg

The CM in charge of the Vinyls here was SO RUDE!!! He was just really strict and short with me and seemed annoyed I even wanted to trade. I hope whatever caused the bug up his booty got resolved! Sheesh.

However.

HOWEVER!!!

There was also a really cute CM who LOOKED LIKE AARON PAUL. If you are not aware, he is the actor from Breaking Bad who is the most perfect person alive basically.

I could not believe how much this CM looked like him. I just wanted to hug him and say "It'll be okay, Jesse." but that probably would have scared him so instead I just smiled because he walked over and made a joke after witnessing the entire thing with the rude CM.

He was like, "VINYLMATION TRADING IS REALLY SERIOUS." and I was like "I KNOW RIGHT." We talked for a minute and then I realized they were playing Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride outside. Downtown Disney seriously has the best soundtrack ever. I got all excited and said how I love this movie and this song. Then Aaron Paul goes, "Hey! Let's hula dance!" and really what else could I do but say "Okay!" and hula dance beside him.

It was kind of difficult b/c we did not possess grass skirts, but for all of the 5-10 seconds we hula danced, I think we pulled it off. Then he high fived me and I was like I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU.

Omg.

That was so fun. I MISS YOU AARON.

I love CMs like that who have fun with their job instead of being super serious about TRADING VINYLMATIONS. Get a grip, man!!

@babybritney: Oh you know just hula dancing at downtown Disney.

This was one of those times I wish I wasn't solo b/c I wish I had someone around to take a picture of that! It was hilarious.

My next stop was Tren-D which is always a dangerous place. I LOVED this shirt but it was one of the more expensive ones so I passed.

10334187894_e1653da7b7_z.jpg

If you come into Tren-D just for a fun shopping experience, you are missing out.

You need to notice the art on the walls because it is a hilarious attraction all its own.

Look at this painting of Minnie wearing an absurdly large watch and sucking on a lollipop.

10334211216_7788a4217b_z.jpg

This next one is just flat out Mickey bending over. He's literally mooning us. That's his butt in my face.

10334187244_5d31e2bd5c_z.jpg

WHooooa, someone got ahold of a bottle of medication. What the HELL is going on here?

10334365153_5692993763_z.jpg

The peace signs kind of suggest this is 60's themed so I'm GUESSING its the artist's rendering of what Minnie would look like if she were on quaaludes at Woodstock? I DON'T KNOW. She also might be doing aerobics? What I do know is that she is vibrating violently. Oh okay.

So that was interesting. I also pin traded in here and found this AMAZING pin (I forgot to take a picture so this is courtesy of Google):

10335558214_2093a141db_o.jpg

I couldn't believe someone traded that away. It's perfect!

I headed to Basin after that, which is a must do for me. On the way I saw a World of Disney ad and I was like... this speaks to me.

10334200505_b789ea9dab_z.jpg

I LOVE BASIN.

10334363083_c2d42cf62e_z.jpg

I needed to stock up on Shampoo bars. Read what I wrote about them in October if you're curious. I also got a Conditioner bar this time to try that one out as well. I have to say the conditioner doesn't last as long as the shampoo because you have to rub the bar on your head a lot more so more of it gets used. It's still good though, I just prefer the shampoo bar.

I found it interesting that "Bamboo Charcoal" was a soap.

10334185724_2b31fd74be_z.jpg

I'm thinking that's the name of my new band. BAMBOO CHARCOAL COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU! I also like "Baboon Charcoal." I'll think about it.

10334209556_4382c34e5e_z.jpg

My purchases:

10334196655_e76269813f_z.jpg

Spring in Downtown Disney! OH LOVELY!

10335616636_1aac5e5d7e_z.jpg

On my October trip I saw CMs outside of Team Mickey holding up signs that said "YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!" and other encouraging statements, and I thought nothing of it really because it's Disney and lovely things are common. However, this time I realized the source of it was the Bibbidi Boppity Boutique parade. Which I didn't even know was a thing. Basically a ton of little princesses, all boutiqued & decked out walk around DTD in a parade and CMs lead and follow them and make them feel special and just make a big deal out of it and the whole thing is so cute. Other CMs hold up signs outside of stores and stuff. Seeing those little girls feel special put such a smile on my face! It was magical.

10334198035_d6e7f5d9b3_z.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is creepy but I followed the parade to the carousel and took a picture?

10334207136_2a8e0e746e_z.jpg

THEY WERE JUST SO CUTE.

MAY 19, 2013
Day 7, Part 3 In Which I Get Lost In The Epcot Resort Area AGAIN​

I was getting hungry for lunch and of course I had to go to my BELOVED Wolfgang Puck Express. You have heard me rave about this place in my past 3 TRs and the raving will continue forever. This is the best CS place ever, it's TS quality, GO THERE.

10334206726_f238a371ac_z.jpg

This time I decided to try something new! I have my favorites here (Four Cheese Pesto Pizza and Macaroni & Cheese) but everything on the menu sounds SO amazing. I knew I had to finally stray from the norm after 5 years eating here. I was super hungry and in the mood for something really really good so I went with the BACON WRAPPED MEATLOAF with mashed potatoes and onion straws.

10334205326_1e198fc918_z.jpg

First of all, the fact that you can even get this kind of meal at a CS place is awesome.

Secondly, OH MY GOD THE DELICIOUSNESS. This is definitely one of my new favorite meals. I usually don't eat much meat loaf, it's just not my favorite but this was so damn good. The sauce was the perfect flavor to compliment everything, the mashed potatoes were unreal, and the onion straws were perfectly crispy and tasted SO GOOD. I am in love with this dish. GIMME IT NOW.

Also you can kind of see in that pic that I got the sugar cookie for dessert. That's my usual, definitely one of the best cookies ever.

Jess was getting out of work soon and we decided to meet at the Beach Club because I just really wanted to spend more time in the Epcot Resort Area.

After finishing that amazing meal I headed to the bus stop.

This is the best vending machine ever. Well maybe the "Where Magic Lives" one is better but I love this one too!

10334195665_50910c6032_z.jpg

I got off the bus at the YACHT CLUB!!! Oh so fancy.

10334180244_ea5c33d402_z.jpg

Every time I'm here I just want to put on a snooty accent and like, look through a monocle at the globe and make some comment about how visiting Casablanca is lovely in Spring. LOUDLY.

"DARLING, I told you not to use that wooden brush to groom your pony. Use the one with the gold encrusted bristles."

10334357683_04f0f8108f_z.jpg

10334202246_c3014fca7c_z.jpg

This place has its charm but in my opinion it can't hold a candle to the Beach Club. Like there is just a life about the Beach Club that the Yacht Club doesn't have.

Also when I think of the names, Beach Club sounds so fun and Yacht Club sounds like old guys in blue blazers and sailor hats drinking old scotch and smoking cigars talking about how they survived the Titanic and stuff.

10334356393_32926da60c_z.jpg

ANYWAY THE CARPET IS FLAWLESS I WANT THIS CARPET. (Not better than the Beach Club carpet, but nothing is).

10334177794_0fc032ae37_z.jpg

SO ONCE AGAIN I got lost. The Yacht & Beach Club can just be confusing okay?!?!

I think at this time I still knew where I was (kind of)...

10334177114_d32391002f_z.jpg

But by the time I got here...

10334354733_46980f0062_z.jpg

I was like WHERE ON EARTH AM I.

Eventually I found civilization, and it looked like this:

10334871184_13fbf08091_z.jpg

I don't know what happened. I think I got sucked into a time slip or something.

Hey, it's the Boardwalk! COOL I'M ALIVE

10334175944_7368bacccc_z.jpg

10334175654_8e1364566a_z.jpg

10334174734_f9d70dbb3e_z.jpg

Are you guys ready for a ton of pictures? I don't have anything to say except I was having a lovely time just walking around. I love this area so much.

10335054553_34d89c0548_z.jpg

10335053803_847b6e41af_z.jpg

10334864824_0166dc7c2f_z.jpg

10335051463_428af4a44d_z.jpg

10334879635_92d1d27e50_z.jpg

10334884366_e8a7594dbe_z.jpg

10335049513_e8aa4ab3a3_z.jpg

10334883256_ce5067f5aa_z.jpg

10335048443_71f65e22e9_z.jpg

10334882486_2cb93df268_z.jpg

MAY 19, 2013
Day 7, Part 4 In Which GINA IS IN THE BUILDING!​

I just want this to be a picture of my house.

10334866304_96b2db9a0a_z.jpg

10335052913_4c31e50838_z.jpg

10334865194_d4f5fa4ca1_z.jpg

GOD I LOVE THE BEACH CLUB CARPET.

10334174514_2aee8164f0_z.jpg

Flawless. And hey, there's my foot too. Looking good.

Jess and I met in the lobby. We were very happy to be reunited!!!

We pin traded at the Beach Club and then walked to the Boardwalk Bakery for a snack!

Mickey Muffins... Chocolate chip and orange cranberry!!!! GIMME.

10334174094_6bea2d65c5_z.jpg

Except not. I really wanted a Strawberry cupcake!! They used to have these at Contempo Cafe and I was kinda obsessed with that one via the internet but I never got to try it.

10334196626_b88a5d4738_z.jpg

Jess got the same thing and we feasted!!!

10334195646_361ab98b36_z.jpg

SO SO GOOD. Very light and fluffy. Sometimes I consume so much chocolate in Disney I actually get sick of it (this happened during Stuck in Disney) and this Strawberry cupcake is the perfect antidote for that. YUM YUM YUM.

This was the view from our table.

10334350643_ef0df3c99b_z.jpg

Gina texted me to say that she was almost at Pop!!! OMG! We had to get going!!! AHHHH the trip was about to start all over again. YAY!

We headed back into the Beach Club and through the DVC area. I LOVE THIS PAINTING AND THIS WHOLE ROOM IN GENERAL.

10334186055_e00baef053_z.jpg

On the way to get Brooke in the parking lot we spotted a duck family!

10415071844_4c03ccde1e_z.jpg

Omg, we were practically crying, they were so precious.

The momma...

10415071434_f6b259d779_z.jpg

10415207253_0365685479_z.jpg

10415064575_aaf6f1bf4e_z.jpg

There was also a bunny right there!

10415206613_51139b7da2_z.jpg

And to top it off... SQUIRREL!!!

10415064376_4e0e53ebea_z.jpg

It was straight out of a Disney movie! Obviously Jess and I are princesses and little animals just flock to us!!!

We stood there for awhile taking pics and obsessing over them b/c we were HYPNOTIZED.

Finally we went to the parking lot and found Brooke. It took a long time to get back to Pop due to traffic so I told Gina to just wander around Pop and look around and stuff. I mean who wouldn't want to do that?

Here are some pictures she took while waiting for us!

10160906645_f279df7b51_z.jpg

10161037343_fb2135a290_z.jpg

10160801644_2a352b6811_z.jpg

10160803434_30e29950dc_z.jpg

10160802724_96d9459076_z.jpg

Also, this was the event alert on her phone. LOL.

10161075143_c63b739a0f_z.jpg

Imagine how exciting this was for her. She has been a huge Disney fan her whole life, but only went to WDW once when she was 5, and Disneyland for like half a day when she was 12. During that trip she met a bunch of characters, got autographs, and GAVE ME THE AUTOGRAPH BOOK. I still have it. That was the sweetest thing ever.

Over the years she watched me come and go on so many trips and I would tell her everything and I know she wished she could go so bad. Then even when she MOVED TO FLORIDA she wasn't able to go and so that must have been torture. Then she came to get me at Movies during #StuckInDisney12 and was in Disney for like an hour. Meanwhile I had just been there for 12 days. I mean what a TEASE. She must have been dying. I can't even imagine. She wanted to have a real Disney trip for SO MANY YEARS AND TODAY WAS FINALLY THE DAY THAT WAS HAPPENING!!!! Dreams do come true!

It's just so crazy how all this came together. Originally we were hoping she could come to Disney for ONE day while I was there and through a series of VERY fortunate events she ended up having a week trip. I mean... wow. The whole thing had just worked out. Disney magic is real!!!

Jess and I arrived back at Pop and walked around looking for her where she said she was. Well it turned out she had gone back to her car. FRUMP!!!!!!! So we went out to the parking lot and finally saw her there!

OMG. IT WAS SO EXCITING!!! Seeing Gina in Disney and knowing we had the whole week ahead of us! YEAH BABY. This was like the trip that our entire friendship had been leading up to.

I introduced Gina and Jess and we went to her car to bring her stuff up to the room. After that, we made a stop in Everything Pop to get Gina's refillable mug as part of her DDP.

When we got up to the register we saw stickers sitting right next to it. The CM didn't offer them to us but we need our stickers so I was like "Can we have stickers please?" She said sure and handed us some.

Now we could clearly see there were 3 different kinds: Cinderella, Simba, and Pluto. What a fun combination.

She only gave us Cinderella and Simba ones and I knew Jess was not having that because Pluto is her fiancee. Instantly she was like "CAN I PLEASE HAVE PLUTO?" and we all got our Pluto stickers!!! We are Pluto lovers, what can I say?!

9514736347_4ce407a28c_z.jpg

We went back to the room and Jess got into bed right away. The poor thing was so tired from getting up at 5am and working all day.

Gina was in the complete opposite state. She was ready to GO. Omg.

Honestly, I have known Gina since 1999 and I have never seen her like this. She literally brought everything you could possibly ever need and she showed us all of it with great excitement. She was like the over-prepared mom but in a cute way, buzzing around the room announcing all of the things she did to prevent sickness and all of the outfits she planned. She showed us everything including accessories.

It was soooo amusing, I was literally dying. I was so happy she was so into it. It's SO much more fun when people are obsessed.

Gina then showed us a ton of awesome 90's Disney stuff like an Esmeralda bow. Jess perked up and was like, "YOU'RE SO COOL!" in such a sincere way, it was SO FUNNY. Like I said I don't think I've ever seen her so excited about anything. Like ever. In 14 years.

Next it was PRESENT TIME!!! Gina is so awesome that she not only had presents for me at Disney, but she had presents for me waiting at her house too for when we went there. Again I have never seen her like this! I mean she always gets me presents but she literally showered me with gifts over and over. I felt like a princess.

At this time she gave me A TANGLED COLORING BOOK!!! Jess and I freaked out. We love Tangled and we love coloring so this was quite the gift.

10415418894_50e0d61834_z.jpg

Also Gina brought crayons. LOL! She thought of everything.

She also gave me HOME MADE MINNIE EARS WITH A PURPLE BOW that she and her mom made and she had a pair that matched. I was like omg, home made gifts too? But that's not even where it ended... after that she pulled out a tye dye shirt with a Mickey head on it that she made for me!! I was dying! It was so ridiculously thoughtful, I couldn't even believe it!

I gave her a bunch of stuff, I can't even remember it all. Some of it was even overdue from Christmas. I know I gave her an Alice in Wonderland candle because they ripped it open during security inspection at the airport, lol. I also got her a tye dye shirt with a peace sign and flowers on it, the peace earrings I got her at Cast Connection, and a Cinderella pin that I had found while trading in the Marketplace at the Beach Club.

Cinderella is Gina's absolute FAVORITE so I knew she would love it and she did! I feel like I got her another Cinderella thing... but I don't remember what it was. Anyway, the point is she was thrilled and I was thrilled and it was just amazing!

She unpacked a bit more but we had to start getting ready for THE SURPRISE!

Of course... Gina didn't know about this because the surprise was for her.

Like I said, Cinderella is her favorite. So I booked a dinner at 1900 Park Fare as soon as I knew Gina was officially joining #BirthdayFestivus13 but I didn't say a WORD of it to her. I only told Jess and my mom.

As far as Gina knew, we were going to Downtown Disney to eat and bar hop. That's where I told her we were spending the whole night. However, I casually slipped in that Jess had to pick up a Cast ID at the Grand Floridian before we did that. Gina totally bought it because why wouldn't she? Jess was like, "Oh yeah, it'll only take a few minutes." WHAT SLY FRUMPS WE ARE!!!

Gina and I got all dressed up. I mean, not really, I just put my Mickey head dress on. But Gina went all out with a fancy dress and accessories and fun make-up and the whole thing. Like I said, the girl had planned ahead!

We were so happy and excited. If you want to re-ignite your Disney trip, call Gina. She only lives a couple of hours away and will show up with healthy snacks, crayons, and 90's Disney accessories. You will love it!

You can see the Tye Dye shirt Gina made me on the bed next to me here (better pic coming when I wear it the next day!)

10160858214_ae0c168c6b_z.jpg

SO EXCITED! OUR FIRST NIGHT IN DISNEY TOGETHER!!!

10161094833_8e186454e9_z.jpg

In this pic you can see Jess's poor half deflated birthday balloon. We were all very sad when that one ear lost air. R.I.P. Jess's balloons.

MAY 19, 2013
Day 7, Part 5 In Which Gina Gets A Grand Surprise​

YAY!

10415236363_e6c13d11e1_z.jpg

We left the room and headed out of Pop!

10415070234_c00a7dbc86_z.jpg

We caught the bus to the Magic Kingdom even though both Gina and Jess had cars at Pop. I wanted Gina to get the full Disney Transportation experience, hearing the Mickey Mouse March as we drove up to the Kingdom and riding the monorail.

I seriously felt like the trip was starting anew, we were SO PUMPED. Even Jess who was super sleepy started singing along with the March. When you're Disney obsessed you just can't resist that.

Then of course we walked past the Magic Kingdom, and even just seeing it from outside Gina freaked out.

10161005265_f8bb4093fe_z.jpg

We went up to the resort monorail next!

10161004895_df7860e1c5_z.jpg

Disney Transportation <3

10415235343_accac4938d_z.jpg

While we were on the monorail we were chatting away and at one point Gina said, "So where are we exactly going once we get to Downtown Disney? Are we eating?" Jess looked up at me like OOP. and I was just like "Yeah, we can eat whatever catches our eye, and then we can just do whatever!" Jess and I had that cat that ate the canary look on our faces I'm sure, but Gina suspected nothing!

Monorail selfie!

10415093846_4512655d7a_z.jpg

Life's short... LIVE GRAND.

10415092656_2fb59f3932_z.jpg

10415234303_e9e749db41_z.jpg

10415091626_7c3d330ea2_z.jpg

10415067904_94a0580446_z.jpg

That piano player is amazing. And aww, he's with a little Snow.

10161062935_897441a3d7_z.jpg

Leading the way.... you know how I do.

10161062415_2b6c4e7826_z.jpg

10415090155_ac7936281d_z.jpg

Gina was so excited just to even see the GFlo... little did she know what awaited her!

We walked down near 1900 Park Fare and went over by where it says "Concierge" at the Front Desk. And Gina was convinced Jess was just picking something up down to that moment cause she knows Jess is a Concierge at Coronado Springs. And she told the story of how she was at the GF when she found out about her CP acceptance.

Gina had no idea where we were leading her even when we walked into the 1900 check-in area. It was the perfect set up because she was just overwhelmed, enjoying Disney, looking around at everything, letting us lead the way... SHE NEVER STOOD A CHANCE AT SUSPECTING IT. muhahahaha!

Jess was staring at me smiling so big and Gina was just following along like it was no big deal. It was too funny.

Suddenly I just said, "I lied!!!!!" and Gina said kind of in a scared tone, "Why. Oh my God. What."

I said, "We're not going to Downtown Disney yet. We're eating here. We're going to a PRINCESS DINNER!! THIS IS CINDERELLA'S DINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

OMG.

Well.

I expected her to be excited and surprised but she was *SHOCKED* and immediately started crying. Like, instantly. Tears streaming down her face.

Jess and I didn't even know what to do. I did not expect her to cry. So I just hugged her and was like SURPRISE!!!!!!!

I think it just all hit her in the moment that she was in Disney and all of it was real and ON TOP of that she is about to meet her favorite, Cinderella. I've had moments like that where something magical happens and suddenly it's all too much! You just have to cry!

I checked us in while Gina was literally shaking and crying. Wow I REALLY pulled off the surprise. The girl was in shock! I almost felt bad but I knew they were happy tears and everything was all good! It was truly a magical moment. She said it was the best surprise ever so I felt it was a job well done!

We didn't have to wait and went right to get our picture taken. The photographer was British which I enjoyed.

I LOVE these pictures. I wish the shadow wasn't in them!

9517562192_3aff0bca9a_z.jpg

We were very happy, very ready to eat, and very ready for the next phase (or for Gina the first) of #BirthdayFestivus13 to begin!!!

9514772575_a740eed5c8_z.jpg

We were seated right away and Gina was like "Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God." basically any time she saw anything. It was adorable. Jess and I were excited too, we love this place, but Gina was so overwhelmed!

Our waiter came to take our drink orders and then WE SAW!!!! THE PRINCE!!!!!!!! COMING TOWARD US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We seriously started acting like the Gaston fangirls. OMG it's the freaking prince.

10161085995_e580f59ed0_z.jpg

Behind the scenes of Jess's report!!!!!

10161161246_d9c5b680a2_z.jpg

In my professional opinion, he and I look good together.

10415654645_ebd3806056_z.jpg

The troubling thing is, he hasn't called. Or written. Or sent his employees out knocking on doors to find me.

Weird.

Next the princess of the hour came by!! CINDERELLA!!!!!!!!!!! Gina was losing it.

HER FAVORITE PRINCESS WITHIN HOURS OF ARRIVING IN DISNEY. AND SHE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW.

9517542932_5d8c73d675_z.jpg

Jess has the princess pose DOWN.

9514755689_efa296a1f5_z.jpg

9517541484_f794089f80_z.jpg

There was a little break in the character action so it was time to get the FOOD! YES! Oh buffets are so fun.

Jess's plate:

9514749601_09d13f02a3_z.jpg

My plate:

9514750641_3df4bfdb77_z.jpg

Okay from top left that's chicken marsala and mashed potatoes. Then that thing in the little dish is like a pot roast/beef stew kinda thing with a biscuit on top. These three items were my favorite! Then there's the beef strip loin, vegetable pasta, and of course mac & cheese. Everything was good!

Gina's plate:

10161102845_77b55dbc4d_z.jpg

Gina was super excited about eating because she is very health conscious and a vegetarian. Especially before the trip was eating super healthy so she was excited to get WHATEVER she wanted! She said every single thing she tried was delicious and she had not one complaint!

So then Cinderella and Prince Charming started dancing in the middle of the restaurant.

10415697434_7815e919e5_z.jpg

My main question in life is: WHY do I ever dine at places that don't include Cinderella and her Prince dancing in the middle of the room?

MAY 19, 2013

Day 7, Part 6 In Which I'll Settle For Two Castles

Next it was time for the stepsisters!!! Oh Anastasia.

10161115255_ccc30cd792_z.jpg

10161246843_a36841b8fe_z.jpg

I told her she was way better than Cinderella and she was like well yeah duh obviously. She has very picky taste in men and so do I. However, she is even worse than I am. She said they need to have at least 3 castles. I could deal with two and she thought that was just too provincial.

9514745319_18cf8c7a8b_z.jpg

The faces this girl can make, I swear.

9517535098_80974710fa_z.jpg

9517536536_f97328713b_z.jpg

hahahahahaha. LOVE HER.

Next the Fairy Godmother came around. This was a surprise to me because I thought she just did photos out in the hall. Even Jess was like, "OMG, the fairy godmother?!!" It was so exciting and she was so beautiful and sweet! She was the PERFECT Fairy Godmother. I need her to come visit me in life.

9517529344_28a2fcb522_z.jpg

9517532202_372cccccb6_z.jpg

9517530978_772509b1d2_z.jpg

What a treat! The last time I was there I got to meet Lady Tremaine, and the time before that, Suzy and Perla were there. So I've been lucky enough to meet almost all the Cinderella characters by now! If only I could meet Jaques and Gus Gus!!

Our last meeting was with Drizella. She was more low key kind of deadpan hilarious while her sister was more all over the place. I loved them both!

HAHAHAHA this cracks me up.

10161140055_59f3e238be_z.jpg

9514738635_eaea2afb8f_z.jpg

This is hilarious too since Gina looks all happy and Drizella is just like OH PLEASE.

9514737527_c013faa7af_z.jpg

I was like TWO CAN PLAY AT THAT GAME GIRL.

9514734855_3f33cec375_z.jpg

Serving it up on a hot platter all day, that's me.

Then it was time for dessert, yayyayayayay! Here is Gina's epic plate.

10161219936_d14179431b_z.jpg

She had been avoiding sugar... but well... NOT ANYMORE!

Jess got Strawberry Soup, fruit, a rice crispie treat, and some carrot cake. She really loved every single thing.

9514739399_87e2ce903e_z.jpg

9514733497_8688c98b74_z.jpg

Here's my plate:

9517521178_ba514aeea3_z.jpg

They literally just had a bowl of gummy bears sitting out which I loved. Cause I never eat them but who doesn't love gummy bears?! What a perfect vacation food! So that was fun. The fruit was really fresh. The little chocolate mousse thing was my favorite, I actually grabbed a couple more of those. The last is the lemon cheesecake tart which was very good as well.

While eating dessert, the Prince came by again and we said hello again and then he went to this table where this little girl was kinda shy. So he sat down next to her and talked to her quietly.

10161244576_df241f2203_z.jpg

IT WAS SO PRECIOUS, omg.

We finished up after awhile and then Gina and I had to take a BFFs reunited picture!

9514729733_c289788df4_z.jpg

Overall, I would say 1900 Park Fare has improved since my last visit (2010) but is not as good as my first time there (2006) when the buffet was more gourmet. As Disney dinner buffets go, the food is a bit better than Chef Mickey's, but I prefer the character interaction at CM's to 1900. It really depends on which ones you are looking to meet though, of course!

We headed out of the restaurant and outside to the bus stops.

10415064954_0edda52080_z.jpg

Bye Goofy! Ahhhh I love that he's tipping his hat. GOOD DAY TO YA MALADY

10415088195_abd11f4e76_z.jpg

Up next we really WERE going to Downtown Disney. Unfortunately Jess was super sad (she was really homesick at the time), really tired, and had to work the next morning so she opted to just go back to the room. I felt bad leaving her but she wanted us to go have a good time and she was just gonna go to sleep anyway so it was okay. Hugs were exchanged and Gina and I headed off to the bus stops!

There was a TV at this bus stop PLAYING STACEY!!!!

10415087905_4f3d99c177_z.jpg

What else?

On the bus we just caught up on life. I still couldn't believe GINA AND I WERE IN DISNEY TOGETHER!

Gina and I had been planning to go to Downtown Disney together for ages, especially because of lovely Disney Transportation. I'm not usually much of a drinker... but on certain occasions, it's a blast. With a free ride home, we could both drink with wild abandon!!

You will have to read on to find out if we took advantage of having free transportation. Spoiler alert, we did.

Now the plan was to go to 3 different bars but to not drink *too* much and not stay out too late. 2/3 of those plans went south rather quickly but I'm getting ahead of myself here.

Once we got to Downtown Disney, Gina was so excited. I mean you'd think it was the Magic Kingdom the way this girl was acting. I loved it. I LOVE ENTHUSIASM! YEAH! LET'S GO!!!

I saw this Pinocchio window display which I thought was cool. You don't see Pinocchio very much unless you're at the Haus.

10415063744_c8bbf972dd_z.jpg

So we're walking along all jolly and excited, headed from the Marketplace to the West Side.

Suddenly we hear something that immediately transports us to 1995.

THE MACARENA!

I know all the words to this song so I immediately sung along. It goes, "Al jlkdjfiod la a;lsdkl akjd l;d;lsd oajl la Macarena. A lskjdoi lskdfjlakdsi lalksjd oislk lksj olsd l cosa buena. Al jdjdjkjsl sifdljf lskdf sllaskjd ol Macrena. HEY MACARENA!!!! AYEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You all know it too.

We passed this stage which was the source of the Macarena. Many guests were performing the dance.

10415086796_e46d4f6b01_z.jpg

There was something about seeing Disney guests grab their butts and then enthusiastically jump to the next side that filled me with an unadulterated glee.

On the stage there was a man leading everyone which I found amusing. That job. Good for him, I wish that was how I was spending my nights. HEY MACARENA!

I was sad that we couldn't stay for the Electric Slide, which almost certainly had to be the next song. However, we had some Disney bar hopping to do!

10415086456_1fe2e1f5f8_z.jpg

Last edited:
Your upcoming trip sounds like it's going to be amazing! So glad you're getting to go back! (PS-Did you see that I have a ticker now too? I'm getting to go back for Christmas!!! :dance3: Only 5 days but still, better than nothing! :thumbsup2)

Wow I don't want to know where you got lost at the Yacht Club, haha! It looks a little creepy! :rotfl2:

OMG I love Gina! I actually started tearing up when I read about her reaction to her Park Fare surprise! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter