You WANT it, you GOT it...AKL LITE III!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I did it!! We are booked for three nights in April at AKL CL. My boss and co-worker are so excited.

Whoo-Hoo!! That's great!

I've been a little MIA since getting back from our Dec. trip. RL got in the way, darn it! But, we had a great breakfast at BOMA, and I got to shop a little in Zawadi -- bought more giraffes for my house too. :) LOVE giraffes!

I am hoping to get back to WDW in May for a solo trip. Won't be able to stay at AKL, but hopefully I'll get to stop by for a bit.

YAY ELIN!!! :yay: Great ticker btw! :thumbsup2

Thanks! :goodvibes

I'm doing the WDE next month so I can let you know mid-February! It's $50 (prepaid) and I've heard nothing but raves about it!! :woohoo: There are 2 times -- I'm doing the 1pm (the other is a morning - 10?)

I would like to do the 10:00 one if I can't get them to get up at dawn. ;)

The Sunrise Safari is such a unique experience -- are you sure the ladies won't get up early just one morning?!!! SS is our one "must" when we stay AKL-CL! :cloud9:

Is it true they have to be "up, ready and HAPPY" by 6:30? That is the clincher. :rotfl2:

Wanyama is nice, but the price tag is steep. Any guest staying at AKL can book it and the price is the same ($170) for CL and non-CL guests. So perhaps you can save that for a Bob/Elin trip! ;)

I think we will just eat at Jiko on our own and save this for another time, as you say. I just cannot justify that much money for it.

I was going to just email these questions to you, Laura, but figured someone else might benefit from the answers too! Many thanks. :love:

....ITA - are you the one in the middle? Yes, you guys ARE silly - but, I like 'silly'; 'silly's' FUN! :thumbsup2

I am the one in the middle... the youngest of the three Stooges. :rotfl2: We have a lot of fun together. We were also smart enough to book 3 separate rooms so we don't have too much togetherness over the weekend. :lmao:

I am the one in the middle... the youngest of the three Stooges. :rotfl2: We have a lot of fun together. We were also smart enough to book 3 separate rooms so we don't have too much togetherness over the weekend. :lmao:

...you should have done the SMART thing and booked a suite....;)

Well, I did it!! We are booked for three nights in April at AKL CL. My boss and co-worker are so excited. Here are our plans so far (dependent on IPO's work!):

Woo-hoo, that sounds great!! :cool1:

...boy, those boats just FLY thru' the water! And, my oh MY, people sure do walk fast at Epcot! :rotfl2:

Yeah, they really need to stop and smell the roses! :lmao:

[...SRSLY, thanks for thatis - it was just what I needed this morning! :thumbsup2 ]

You're welcome! I know I'll be watching that one over and over. :thumbsup2

Have you seen Martin's other videos? He has many really great ones, I love the old Epcot stuff!

I saw his Christmas Wishes video- it was awesome! I'll have to watch some of the others on the site.

Whoo-Hoo!! That's great!

I've been a little MIA since getting back from our Dec. trip. RL got in the way, darn it! But, we had a great breakfast at BOMA, and I got to shop a little in Zawadi -- bought more giraffes for my house too. :) LOVE giraffes!

I am hoping to get back to WDW in May for a solo trip. Won't be able to stay at AKL, but hopefully I'll get to stop by for a bit.

Mmm, breakfast at Boma - yummmm... :goodvibes

Well, I did it!! We are booked for three nights in April at AKL CL. My boss and co-worker are so excited. Here are our plans so far (dependent on IPO's work!):

4/23 - Flight arrives at 3:35 (aaaack... so LATE!) and ME ought to get us to AKL about 4:30 or 5:00 p.m. Spend some time in the lounge and then dinner at Jiko.** Enjoy the resort this afternoon and evening.

** I have thought about doing the Wanyama Safari on Saturday evening instead, but I feel that the $170 price tag is pretty steep. Am I wrong here? So, I have asked the questions for the following day. See 4/24...

4/24 - Lounge for breakfast. I would love to do the Wildlife Discovery Excursion but know nothing really about it. Actually I would love to do the Sunrise Safari, but they do not get up early, so I think that won't happen. Then hop to MK for a bit and finally Epcot for the remainder of the day/night. Flower & Garden Festival "stuff" and dinner at Coral Reef are planned, followed by Illuminations.

4/25 - Lounge for breakfast then some time at a park yet to be determined. I am hoping to be able to get us into Afternoon Tea at the Grand. The three of us "do tea" here at home quite often, so I think this would be fun! Then the evening will be spent in the MK because that is the only time we can see Spectro and Wishes.

4/26 - Lounge for breakfast and then ME takes us back to the airport.

Has anyone done the Wildlife Discovery Excursion? Do you know what hours it is offered? Is it worth the time? Or should I beg the two of them to get up early one morning for the Sunrise Safari because it is so amazing it should not be missed??

Awesome! Sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't done the Wildlife Discovery but I have done both the Sunrise and Sunset safari's. I loved both of them but they are both different enough that I am not sure if I would recommend one over the other.

Hi everyone, sorry that I have been so absent. But my mother went into the hospital right after I got back from vacation. And most of my free time was taken up with either getting ready for Christmas or going down to visit her. Unfortunately, after 3 weeks in the hospital, she passed away last week.

With any luck, I should be able to post some pictures from my trip this weekend.

Donald is #1 - I'm so so sorry to hear about your mother. We lost DH's mom just a few months ago and know how rough it can be. You and your family will be in our thoughts! :hug:

Donald is #1 - I'm so so sorry to hear about your mother. We lost DH's mom just a few months ago and know how rough it can be. You and your family will be in our thoughts! :hug:

Thank you so much. She has had a tough 3+ years health wise but it is still a bit of a surprise when it finally happens.

Hi everyone, sorry that I have been so absent. But my mother went into the hospital right after I got back from vacation. And most of my free time was taken up with either getting ready for Christmas or going down to visit her. Unfortunately, after 3 weeks in the hospital, she passed away last week.

With any luck, I should be able to post some pictures from my trip this weekend.

I am so sorry about your mother. You have my deepest condolences.

Robbie - I am so sorry to hear of your mother's death. I know you will miss her. :hug:

Don in AKL IPO is awesome! I talked to him this afternoon and he was able to book everything I wanted for our April trip!

4/23 - Jiko for dinner
4/24 - Coral Reef for dinner
4/25 - Sunrise Safari :yay: and Garden View Tea for lunch (CS for dinner)

I cannot wait!

Don in AKL IPO is awesome! I talked to him this afternoon and he was able to book everything I wanted for our April trip!

4/23 - Jiko for dinner
4/24 - Coral Reef for dinner
4/25 - Sunrise Safari :yay: and Garden View Tea for lunch (CS for dinner)

I cannot wait!

:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter