You WANT it, you GOT it...AKL LITE III!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we wanted to use a taxi at AKL last week we just asked the vallet outside to call one over for us, there were several waiting outside already.

As for early morning ADR's we used the bus, there was one bus at around 6:45am and one around 7:15am for each park. When we were on the MK bus for our 8:05am breakfast the driver offered to take one family direct to the Grand Floridian after stopping at MK because otherwise they would not have made there ADR in time. He asked if people were going to any other resorts for breakfast too to drop them off, but no one else was.

Also we never had a problem with the bus stopping at Kidani 1st, there were usually only a few people if any on the bus when we got on at Jambo house.

The only bus problem we did have was coming back from AK at closing time as so many people were going to Boma and Sanaa on the bus as well as the people staying at AKL. The AKL bus line was definately the longest and the did not seem to be extra busses put on to cope with this.

Thanks - I tend to not stay at parks until closing so hopefully I'll be OK :)

Good to hear no problems with the buses but can I ask if the opening of Kidani has impacted on them?

I'm just a little concerned that the buses are going to be extremely crowded as (I think?) the buses to the parks pick up at Kidani first then onto Jambo House.

We were there last week, staying at Jambo, and I wondered ahead of time how crowded the buses would be when they got to Jambo after picking up at Kidani. It was never an issue for us. We usually boarded the bus between 7:50-8:30am and never did we have to stand on the way to the parks. And there was 10 of us in our party. There was a time or two some of us stood on the way home, but it was very rare. I was extremely happy with the bus service from AKL.

The only confusing part was for people not familiar with the two stops, like those visiting the resort for dinner. Some bus drivers were very clear to let people know which restaurants were at each stop, but some didn't make that as clear (we had a group get on our bus at Kidani that got off there by mistake on their way to dinner at Boma).

This is great! Thanks so much. I can see that I don't need to spend the money on Disney Quest on our down day -- there is plenty to keep the kids occupied and happy.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for the information, PracPerfPatricia. I think my daughters will especially like the beads! And I love the idea of sitting around the fire pit listening to folk tales.

No problem...glad to be of help...As I mentioned there were also a few "pay" activities as well as several free adult activities...

Pay for Activities (I have no experience doing these-but I've heard good things:)

Ceramics Activity (Simba's Clubhouse) (Tues & Fri. 10 am-1 pm)
Join us for the ceramics activity and create your own work of art. This is a paid craft and prices will vary. Pieces are picked up the following day.

Make your own Beaded Jewelry (Simba's Clubhouse) (Wed. & Sat. 10-1)
Meet at Simba's Clubhouse to create your own beaded necklace or bracelet.
FOR AGES 13 & ABOVE...

Arts & Crafts (Uzima Pool Deck) (Sun., Mon. and Thu. 11-1)
Join the Recreation Cast on the Uzima Springs Pool. Deck near the arcade for arts and crafts.

2 interesting adult activities...

Culinary Tour (Boma Podium) 4 pm
Join a cultural representative on a tour of a award-winning restaurants, Boma and Jiko, and discover the flavors of Africa
***THIS IS REALLY FUN-I DID THIS SEVERAL YEARS AGO-IT WAS ABOUT 45 MINUTES AND YOU TASTE LOTS OF SAMPLES...

Cultural Safari (Sunset Lounge) 8:30 pm
Join our cultural representatives on a 20-minute tour of their native homeland...

If you are paying to stay at a deluxe-you might as well take advantage of some of the activities offered-Personally I think that is really adds to the overall experience...:goodvibes

First of all, I'd like to say thank you to you all for the incredible wealth of information you so generously share.

Secondly, I'd like to say hello, and introduce myself. I used to hang out on a couple of Disney themed sites and even moderated on a couple but circumstances on those sites kind of led to my supply of pixie dust getting a tad low for a few years, so I have some catching up to do. Believe it or not, I do recognize a couple of your 'names' and while I'm sure you don't remember me (it has been a long time) it's very nice to 'see' you!

Hubby and I have kind of a Cinderella story of our own. We met online under adverse circumstances. Saw eachother for the first time in person at WDW in 1996, got married in 1999 and had our Familymoon (honeymoon with my 2 boys and the family of some dear friends) In the past year I've become one of the large number of people in transition. I was laid off after 18 years and have decided rather than play the waiting game while someone else decides my fate, I've decided to step out in faith, take a severance offer and be totally irresponsible with a bit of it before making work of finding a new adventure. We've decided it's time to restock our Pixie Dust stash and celebrate our 10th anniversary back where it all started at WDW. We'll be enjoying a few days at AKL at the end of September. Da Boyz, now DaGuyz won't be joining us this trip and while I'll miss my guys terribly, we're so excited about taking our first road trip of any distance ever and spending 10 glorious days getting some Mickey Magic back. We spent 1 night at AKL in a Savanna room back in 2001 before moving to the Polynesian and I fell in love with the place.

So, again, thank you for all the reminders of awesomeness I knew about and insight on fun new things I haven't experienced yet!

You folks are da best!

First of all, I'd like to say thank you to you all for the incredible wealth of information you so generously share.

Secondly, I'd like to say hello, and introduce myself. I used to hang out on a couple of Disney themed sites and even moderated on a couple but circumstances on those sites kind of led to my supply of pixie dust getting a tad low for a few years, so I have some catching up to do. Believe it or not, I do recognize a couple of your 'names' and while I'm sure you don't remember me (it has been a long time) it's very nice to 'see' you!

Hubby and I have kind of a Cinderella story of our own. We met online under adverse circumstances. Saw eachother for the first time in person at WDW in 1996, got married in 1999 and had our Familymoon (honeymoon with my 2 boys and the family of some dear friends) In the past year I've become one of the large number of people in transition. I was laid off after 18 years and have decided rather than play the waiting game while someone else decides my fate, I've decided to step out in faith, take a severance offer and be totally irresponsible with a bit of it before making work of finding a new adventure. We've decided it's time to restock our Pixie Dust stash and celebrate our 10th anniversary back where it all started at WDW. We'll be enjoying a few days at AKL at the end of September. Da Boyz, now DaGuyz won't be joining us this trip and while I'll miss my guys terribly, we're so excited about taking our first road trip of any distance ever and spending 10 glorious days getting some Mickey Magic back. We spent 1 night at AKL in a Savanna room back in 2001 before moving to the Polynesian and I fell in love with the place.

So, again, thank you for all the reminders of awesomeness I knew about and insight on fun new things I haven't experienced yet!

You folks are da best!

:welcome: And you are going to have such an awesome time! :thumbsup2

2 weeks from today and we'll be on a plane to WDW!

:)

:banana:

Man..too bad work has to "interfere" with my excitement!

You folks are da best!

Congrats and welcome (although I'm a bit of a noob myself - I've mostly lurked for the past year).

Pilferk - I'm jealous, even though I know I'm leaving in just a little over three weeks. Silly work...

You folks are da best!

Hi, Fan!!! Welcome to the Jambo bunch! I "know" you from a couple of those other places! I'm so glad you are getting to WDW and AKL the end of the month. This is a great place to hang out while waiting to go. :cool1:

You folks are da best!

Welcome and have a great trip! pixiedust:

2 weeks from today and we'll be on a plane to WDW!

:)

:banana:

Man..too bad work has to "interfere" with my excitement!

Awesome! :banana:

I had a bizarro dream last night that we went to check into the AKL and our room view was a dirt field and a blue tent and when I asked for a better view, we were moved to the Poly. I love the Poly, but I was peeved. There was more, which I posted in glorious detail in my PTR, but that was the upshot of it.

Posting it here because I think you will all understand how traumatic that dream was. :)

I had a bizarro dream last night that we went to check into the AKL and our room view was a dirt field and a blue tent and when I asked for a better view, we were moved to the Poly. I love the Poly, but I was peeved. There was more, which I posted in glorious detail in my PTR, but that was the upshot of it.

Posting it here because I think you will all understand how traumatic that dream was. :)

:scared1:

....tomorrow is Friday - you know what THAT means......

3246161341_8d8a879a00.jpg

;)

I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered before, I've been through most of the posts but can't find the answer. How often do the buses run from AKL to the different parks...my DH is not a morning person and I can't see him getting up at the crack of dawn to catch a bus a park.....I probably should have said right off the top- that when we go to disney it will be our very first trip so we know nothing lol

....first of all, JAMBO! and :welcome: to our thread!! Most of the info given states that buses usually run approximately every 20 minutes, but I find that they are more frequent than that. The only trouble we've ever experienced are the buses that go to DTD, but that has been our experience for ALL the resorts.....

....first of all, JAMBO! and :welcome: to our thread!! Most of the info given states that buses usually run approximately every 20 minutes, but I find that they are more frequent than that. The only trouble we've ever experienced are the buses that go to DTD, but that has been our experience for ALL the resorts.....

Kimmar, I found that once Kidani opened, the DTD buses at AKL were more frequent. :thumbsup2 The problem I had was getting back from DTD. "Hey! Where did all the buses go?"!!! :rotfl2:

There are no "dirt field with blue tent" views, I promise! :)

Read the PTR "report" and was practically "laughing out my coffee". I'll let you know if, in a couple weeks, we find a Chi-Chi's or Radio Shack installed in the lobby. I'm thinking you're probably OK on that front.

The "worst" savannah view you can get involves overlooking the "people pens". I can't find a pic...though I've seen them and used to have a couple of them laying around. But, essentially, there are a handful of rooms that overlook the "emergency holding area" for guests (in case of fire) that exists out on the savannah.

If you get one, go to the front desk, complain like the dickens...and they'll move you (or do something else nice for you). Very few people get them, though.

I love the Poly, too. I hope, someday, they put in a DVC component so we can do another stay there.

There are no "dirt field with blue tent" views, I promise! :)

Read the PTR "report" and was practically "laughing out my coffee". I'll let you know if, in a couple weeks, we find a Chi-Chi's or Radio Shack installed in the lobby. I'm thinking you're probably OK on that front.

The "worst" savannah view you can get involves overlooking the "people pens". I can't find a pic...though I've seen them and used to have a couple of them laying around. But, essentially, there are a handful of rooms that overlook the "emergency holding area" for guests (in case of fire) that exists out on the savannah.

If you get one, go to the front desk, complain like the dickens...and they'll move you (or do something else nice for you). Very few people get them, though.

I love the Poly, too. I hope, someday, they put in a DVC component so we can do another stay there.

Good to know I won't be seeing any tents! And I would definitely complain if I had the people corral view. Although it might be amusing to see one full of people.

I realized that I forgot to post one of the worst parts of my dream - I'd forgotten to bring my coffee from home. And I was facing a whole week of nescafe. I wonder if you can get the press pot coffee through room service.

I think if the Poly ever had a DVC component, I might actually be able to convince my DH to buy in.

Have a great time maine girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter