You WANT it, you GOT it...AKL LITE III!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TinkOhio - Have a great trip and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

does anyone hava a pix of the new pool?

Kidani - this is a water play area near the pool:
DSCN3762.jpg

DSCN3773.jpg

the pool:
DSCN3763.jpg

DSCN3770.jpg

DSCN3771.jpg

DSCN3772.jpg

DSCN3767.jpg

For being 7 pages late, you get Zebra Dome KP duty. And you know how messy the kitchen gets when there are ZD's and kimmar in the same room!!

:lmao:

LOL - now that looks familiar.....

I just wanted to say, AGAIN...your Disigns thread is amazing!

I'm going to be going through it, coming up, to see if I can find anything to "use" for our son's upcoming birthday bash at WDW.

We found some "blank" wall cling sheets, made for inkjets, and we're going to do some clings to decorate our room....Some of your stuff (the pirate heads, for example) look like they'd work wonders....gorgeous and easy to "cut out". You don't mind, do you?

pilferk - I hadn't thought about renting the points. But I wanted to take advantage of the Sunrise Safari, which I think is just club level, right? Do you know if you would be able to do the Safari using the DVC points?

PNO4TE I love the pictures of the 'authentic' British pub, it sure looks like you had a fun time. I'm not quite sure where in England I would find a pub with the Union Jack painted on the ceiling! lol Although the outside looked pretty authentic for an old city pub.

PNO4TE I love the pictures of the 'authentic' British pub, it sure looks like you had a fun time. I'm not quite sure where in England I would find a pub with the Union Jack painted on the ceiling! lol Although the outside looked pretty authentic for an old city pub.

Danauk
- I am glad they seem to have gotten it "right" for a change. Here is the info from their website:

The Original Pub concept was created in December 2001, by Mr. Nick Sanders, born out of his desire to create an authentic British pub. Sanders opened the first Pub at Rookwood Mews in Cincinnati, OH. Since that day, the Pub concept has continued to grow rapidly attracting a following in other communities in Ohio, Kentucky, and Florida.

The award winning exterior of our pub is modeled after the classic corner pubs of London. As for the décor, all of the furniture and most of the accessories are purchased in the UK in order to guarantee their authentic look and feel. The centerpiece of the pub is a handcrafted bar from which guests can sample a wide range of English, Scottish and Irish draught, cask conditioned beers, as well as domestics. "Optic Pourers" native to traditional British pubs take center stage at the bar, giving us our unique look. It's easy to see why we've become a favorite among Brits and Yanks alike!

Yeah, with the exception of the Union Jack on the ceiling it looked pretty authentic for an old city pub. Do you not have optics behind the bar to measure spirits out with in the USA? I never knew that, maybe I need to pay more attention when I am at a bar next month!

Anyone around here have the number for AKL Private Dining?

DW and I need to call about a birthday cake! :)

Pilferk - I have a PD menu but the number isn't on there. I just called AKL (call center) and they didn't have a number but connected me to PD. Then I asked the woman what her number was :laughing: (407) 938-4720

...good one! :rotfl2:

...isn't that one of the public viewing areas where you can use the night-vision goggles??
[...great pix, BTW!]

Thank you! I have actually never done the night vision goggles :3dglasses - so I don't know! But I loved that view. It was from a great pool view room we had on the 3d floor one time - we had peeks of the flamingos beyond that observation area you see, as well as to the far left - the Uzima Savanna. That's where I once saw a baby giraffe nursing really late one night :cloud9:

...now you now what Molly Ringwald felt like in Sixteen Candles....;)

"Grandparents forgetting your birthday?? They LIVE for that $%^&!" :rotfl:

Could I take my toddler on the sunrise safari?

I don't know for sure. But I DO know that the pricing is for ages 3-9 and then 10 & up. Maybe they allow younger children and just don't charge for them :confused:

Could I take my toddler on the sunrise safari?

Yes to the best of my knowledge there is no age limit. However, (I only ask this question because there was a toddler on the sunrise safari that I took -> he screamed the entire time, yes 1 hour of a toddler having a tantrum) do you think that your toddler will sit for an hour during the safari? i.e. once it starts you are stuck for the entire time of the safari.

Yes to the best of my knowledge there is no age limit. However, (I only ask this question because there was a toddler on the sunrise safari that I took -> he screamed the entire time, yes 1 hour of a toddler having a tantrum) do you think that your toddler will sit for an hour during the safari? i.e. once it starts you are stuck for the entire time of the safari.
:scared1:

Oh my gosh! That is awful! I feel so sorry for you.:sad2: I'll be looking for any little kids this time so I can stay far away from them!:rotfl:

For being 7 pages late, you get Zebra Dome KP duty. And you know how messy the kitchen gets when there are ZD's and kimmar in the same room!!

...hey, I can't help it :confused3 - when ZD's are present, something takes over me:

cake-face-11.jpg

Thank you! I have actually never done the night vision goggles :3dglasses - so I don't know! But I loved that view. It was from a great pool view room we had on the 3d floor one time - we had peeks of the flamingos beyond that observation area you see, as well as to the far left - the Uzima Savanna. That's where I once saw a baby giraffe nursing really late one night :cloud9:

...if that jacuzzi is the one that's NOT near the childrens' play area and the slide, then it definitely IS the night-vision goggle location....

johnsonet said:
..."Grandparents forgetting your birthday?? They LIVE for that $%^&!" :rotfl:

...:rotfl2: I just LOVE this movie...

Thanks, Kim for sending me this link to let me know where you all are:goodvibes Sorry that I am not around as much as I would like...Cant get on to the internet at all from work anymore:sad1:

It's great to see all of you!!!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks, Kim for sending me this link to let me know where you all are:goodvibes Sorry that I am not around as much as I would like...Can't get on to the internet at all from work anymore:sad1:

...no worries - that'll be ME, come the new school year in September...:sad1:

...if that jacuzzi is the one that's NOT near the childrens' play area and the slide, then it definitely IS the night-vision goggle location...

Well, then, YES ::yes:: And thanks for the info!

...:rotfl2: I just LOVE this movie...

Me too! I used to have it memorized :teeth: - "Breakfast Club", too.

Thanks, Kim for sending me this link to let me know where you all are:goodvibes Sorry that I am not around as much as I would like...Cant get on to the internet at all from work anymore:sad1:

It's great to see all of you!!!!!:thumbsup2

Hi athenna :wave2: Hope all is well :flower3:

pilferk - I hadn't thought about renting the points. But I wanted to take advantage of the Sunrise Safari, which I think is just club level, right? Do you know if you would be able to do the Safari using the DVC points?

The Sunrise Safari IS just for CL guests. :(

However, AKV is the ONLY DVC resort to offer a CL villa. :) The only problem: It's VERY hard to get 'em. There's only 5 2 BR lock offs (which can be split into a 1BR/studio...and I've heard the 1BR's are the easier of the categories to book). 2 of them are pool view, 3 of them are savanna view...and you don't get to pick which you get. Luck of the draw.

Again, the UPSIDE is...they'd still be cheaper than a 1 BR suite would likely be. The "new" downside is you'd HAVE to rent points from an AKV DVC owner, and you'd likely HAVE to book more than 11 months prior to arrival. I think that might be tough. :) Those rooms can book at EXACTLY the 11 month mark, and even then it's a tough go.

There IS another option: Book 2 CL connecting rooms (or a 1 BR suite) for only ONE night of your stay. That's all you'd need to do the safari...and it would save you the $$ over the majority of the stay.

Points rent for around $10 - $12 per point, from what I've seen. A 1 BR DVC villa would run you somewhere between 204 and 270 points for a week (depending on when you're going...like room rates, the points change depending on the "season" you're going).

That means you'd likely spend between $350 and $450 a night for a 1 BR Savanna view (NOT CL, though) DVC villa, depending on when you're going.

If you could find one, you'd likely spend between $413 - $536 a night for a 1BR CL Villa, depending on season.

2 Regular connecting Savannah view hotel rooms would run you between $610 and $860 per night (depending on season)

2 connecting CL hotel rooms would run you $690 - $975 a night (depending on season).

A 1BR hotel suite would run you between $735 - $995 per night (depending on season).

NONE of the hotel prices take into account any discounts you might be able to get, or deals Disney is offering. Likely, you can probably do better on the pricing with codes, promos, or you might be able to throw in free dining. One other caveat: I'm not figuring in the 12% tax rate on the hotel rooms, either...and there ISN'T usually any tax charged by those renting points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter