You use your popcorn bucket for what????

PrincessTeresa

Princess since 1975
I loved all the responses to my question about the WDW popcorn, so I thought I'd start this thread -

What do you use your bucket for when you get home?

We use them for hairbrushes and toys. I also have cookie cutters in one - Of course we use them for popcorn at home too -

I can't wait to hear the how everyone uses their buckets!!!

:banana::love::banana::love:

I was at WDW last week and saw two popcorn buckets sitting on top of a trash container. I THINK someone left them on top so someone else might grab them instead of them just getting thrown away. I was tempted, but resisted.

Depending on what great uses people come up with, I may regret my decision to leave them there.

After about the sixth bucket we had, I came up with these ideas:

I cut an X into the top of the lid and shove a toilet bowl brush into the lid. I then have a Disney themed-fully enclosed toilet bowl brush holder--which I can get rid of if the bottom gets gross. Some how looking at the fab 5 makes scrubbing the toilet a little better.

I keep one under the kitchen sink, with a large O cut out of the lid, and a roll of trash bags inside--it sort of works like a pop-up tissue box.

I have a couple others just storing random stuff--dust rags, potato head parts, floaty pen collection.

I suppose I could cut a ----- into a lid and make a bank.

I am curious what other people do

We use them at the beach, of course!;)

My kids love to use them as sand buckets. They get lots of comments about them and they are easy to carry. My daughter does have one in her room that she uses for some of her doll clothes.

We have change in two of them
DS uses one for his Lego men and other for his Bakugans
And I have one with tradable pins in it
and two in the closet ready for the next need.

:rotfl: looks like we have several of them.
Can't wait to get another one in June :thumbsup2

We usually get about 3 of them each trip. Needless to say, we have tons of them. Kids use them for little toys, colored pencils, markers and crayons, we use some for (believe it or not :lmao: ) popcorn when we have movie nights or when we go to the free movies where they let you bring in food. They hold a bag of popcorn perfectly. I also have one under the sink with dishwaher tablets. I am tying to remember what else, they seem to be everywhere.

Our worst use of them is as throw up buckets. :scared1: It came about when in 2006 we had to drive home from Florida to New York with our DD who was 7 at the time with the stomach flu. I had gotten it our last night and the next day we drove to Jacksonville but DH decided we needed to stop. I didn't want to for the exact reason of what happened. I woke up OK the next day, DD did not. DH had a big meeting at work the next day and older DD had a field trip so we thought about us staying behind and flying home but decided to do what we could going home. Thank goodness for those 3 buckets. Couoldn't have done it without them. One of them now is left in the car just in case. It hasn't been used but a few times, but is great when you do need it. Especially with the kids. :sick:

We use ours as our WDW piggie bank. We fill it to the top with our change and then take it to the bank. It holds a lot of change!! :cool1:

love the trash bag idea and the toilet brush holder idea! need to eat more popcorn and get more buckets!

I have several on my desk at school for pens, markers ,crayons, post it notes,skittles, and all of the little things at school. The kids love them !! At home they are on my book shelf and I store the same things as school and small things from from our trips ( fast passes, buttons, stickers, special receipts and on and on from the trip to which we got the popcorn container ).

I help families at school plan their trips and they always ask me what can they bring me back and I always say, " popcorn bucket":thumbsup2 They just don't get it and you know I have not had one family to bring me one yet. They have brought some nice things but not one bucket:confused3

How to explain my love for these? Also, we never go in spring. Do they make a bucket for Grad Nights? Would love to get my hands on one of those for my son, who also collects these.

Great Thread☺

Great ideas!!! Definitely have to pick up one or two more buckets. I usually use one to carry cookies and treats from Main Street Bakery or Goofy's Candy Co home on the plane....prevents the goodies from cracking or crumbling.

Change bucket here as well. However, I can't believe that I never thought of using them at school. The kids would love them.

Great thread! It's giving me some great ideas.

We have a Disney bathroom, so we use them to hold toilet paper rolls! We don't have a vanity in there yet, so it's a neat and discreet storage space!

We spent a day at universal, and bought a Spongebob piece-together. (Like Mr. Potato Head, but spongebob)
The pieces and body fit in there pretty well, and the 2 year old can put them away. Though I do like the bank for the next disney trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter