• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You too can do Disney...pregnant!

I would have loved to do Disney pregnant, but I was on bedrest from month 5 on, and before that I had hyperemesis.Pregnancy and me were not good together at all:sad2:

Thanks for all the additional comments! It's great to hear what has been working for others.

I am a week away from having #2 and I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to go this late in the pregnancy. I can't even go to Wal-Mart for 20 minutes without hunching over the cart whining like a baby.

Can't wait to go with vettechicklet2!

I think you all are absolutely ka-ra-zee!!!! LOL said with love and affection of course! I can't imagine having gone during either of my pregnancies....

In fact, DH and I went on a second honeymoon trip and ended up buying DVC and getting all kinds of extra incentive points for extra trips. I got pregnant on the trip, but refused to go. We timed it almost to the day when the extra points would expire and took DS when he was 3 mos old and blew all the points on a 2 bedroom suite at Boardwalk. ha ha ha..

Anyway, glad some of you can make it and still have a good time! I don't think all of us, especially us older/high risk moms can do it but :worship: to you awesome moms that can! :thumbsup2

Lol, you look lovely. I read your old trip reports ages ago, and they made me smile too. It is fun to watch a family grow. :)

This is a great thread! I'm at a point where we just don't know where my situation is going (early in the first trimester). I booked the whole trip, paid for the airline tickets, and then had this huge surprise come along (tried for ten years, adopted two children, and :scared1: I'm 43!), so everything is just on hold for now until we see how everything is going to pan out. It's just way to early to to decide anything right now. But I would be around 5-6 months. It's good to hear that it will be OK if we decide to go!
Jessica

Lol, you look lovely. I read your old trip reports ages ago, and they made me smile too. It is fun to watch a family grow. :)

Thank you so much!! :goodvibes

This is a great thread! I'm at a point where we just don't know where my situation is going (early in the first trimester). I booked the whole trip, paid for the airline tickets, and then had this huge surprise come along (tried for ten years, adopted two children, and :scared1: I'm 43!), so everything is just on hold for now until we see how everything is going to pan out. It's just way to early to to decide anything right now. But I would be around 5-6 months. It's good to hear that it will be OK if we decide to go!
Jessica

Wow, that's an awesome surprise!

Thank you so much!! :goodvibes

Wow, that's an awesome surprise!

I don't even think "awesome" quite covers it, but thanks! I'm kind of of the mind to go regardless of how this all works out. Either the family vacation we planned or the last trip as a family of four. I'd have to see if I felt OK and if there was any reason for the doctor to say no.
Jessica

Thank you SO much for posting!

We are booked for end of october where i'll be 28 weeks and I was considering moving it to September...where i'd be 24 weeks...not a HUGE deal...trade off is the heat of September which has the possibility of bringing EVERYONE down....

So we are keeping it October...end of october and i'm completely excited! Kids are getting excited too...and should be a great trip. We are going to even order a cake for one day to "celebrate our family" for the wonderful big brothers and sisters!

With our little ones we can't truck through disney like I used to...but I think that will be a fine pace for me! And I"m excited to have the energy and desire to eat my way through Disney! After the sickeness of this pregnancy, i'm thrilled to have any appetite!

So i'll have a TR after we return at end of October....preggers mom at 28 weeks with 4 other kids under age of 6!!

:)

I went when I was 4-5 mos pregnant with the first, no problems at all there. Cute to look at the pics.. Went again at about 8mos with the next kid and what a big mistake that was! It was only for a long weekend, I had tagged along with DH on a business trip. We went to seaworld the first day and I literally walked from one bench to the next and would sit because of horrible back/hip pain. Seriously considered getting a wheelchair :lmao: It was the only time I had ever stayed in a disney resort though, that was cool! (Parents have a vacation house so we usually opt to stay there for free!)
Decided to skip disney as it was obviously that I couldn't walk further than the next bench without a rest. Went to discovery cove instead and that was a great time! No pain at all in water... :yay:

This October will be my second trip while pregnant. The first time, I was only seven weeks, so no big deal. Just couldn't ride the thrill rides. By the end of the trip, I had to buy some elastic-waisted shorts in the gift shop because none of my shorts would fit comfortably! :laughing:

In October, I'll be 23-24 weeks. We're going with friends who have a two-year-old, so I've volunteered to sit with her while everyone else does the "big" rides. I'm a little bummed about not being able to enjoy the wine at F&W Festival. Oh, well. I'm sure I'll have no problem eating the food!! :goodvibes

Congratulations on VetteChick #2!!! I hope you have a happy, healthy, EASY delivery. :) Did you say if it will be a girl or boy?

Question for everyone that's been pregnant at Disney..... What have you been able to find to drink? I know no caffeine, so does that mean that you found fruit punch? What caffeine, non-diet sodas do they have? I know that they only have Light Lemonade, (no regular), and I don't like the thought of nutrasweet.

I have always drank regular coke, coffee, and tea when pg so it's never been an issue with me about finding alternate stuff to drink. It's more about limiting than none at all.
But, answering your question, if you are not a huge water drinker, they also had minute maid pomegranate lemonade last time we were there. It's the same that you can buy at the store so you can see if you like it before getting down there.

I also want to say the fountains in the food court had Caffeine Free Diet Coke. I would guess it was Pop....but it may have been ASMovies.

The food courts also have a Gold Peak iced tea machine with unsweetened, sweetened, green tea and one other type.

Did WDW at 6 months and again at 8 months with DS in "oven".

6 months was great. No problems, just do what you can.

8 months was tiring. I spent more time pool side while DH and DS (other DS) went to the parks.

We are DVC members so we were staying in a villa both times. We had a huge bathtub for me to sit in and lots of room to spread out. I'm sure this helped.

Thanks for this thread!

We are going the last week of October-first week of November for a two week trip and I will be 33-35 weeks pregnant! Not my ideal situation (especially because Tower of Terror is my favorite ride and I can't indulge in any of the wines at F&W festival), but I am looking forward to this trip none the less. Our DD7 (biological) has been to WDW 3 times and DL once, but this will be our DD5 (adopted from Ukraine last summer) first trip. We were so excited after we adopted her to plan her first trip to Disney that we had this trip planned before I knew I was pregnant. Then, surprise surprise, DD #3 is on the way.

We didn't want to cancel the trip since it is going to be a special event for DD#2 and now that I am pregnant I'm not sure how soon we will get down there again.

The good things are that since we are going to be there for 2 weeks I have planned some down days in between park days and our park days will most likely be half days. I am also hoping that the weather won't be too too hot then.

Vettechick - any building suggestions for Bonnet Creek? We don't care about a fireworks view, but would like to look at the lake instead of the parking lot. Also, I don't really want to have to walk too far for a pool. Which do you suggest that is good for kids? I was thinking near one of the lazy rivers (I can see myself enjoying that), but possibly also close to a kiddie water area or playground. Is there anything like that? I booked with Ken and I am going to email him our room request soon.

Thanks again for the great thread.

Vettechick - any building suggestions for Bonnet Creek? We don't care about a fireworks view, but would like to look at the lake instead of the parking lot. Also, I don't really want to have to walk too far for a pool. Which do you suggest that is good for kids? I was thinking near one of the lazy rivers (I can see myself enjoying that), but possibly also close to a kiddie water area or playground. Is there anything like that? I booked with Ken and I am going to email him our room request soon.

Thanks again for the great thread.

Sorry for the delay. I can't post from my blackberry and haven't been on my computer at all in days. ;)

The good thing about BC is that all pools are within 5 minutes walking distance. So really you can have your choice. There are pools attached to bldg 1 (the main bldg although I'm not sure you can stay there. This is the one with the kiddie pool area), bldg 3 (smaller pool with slide and bar. The playground is close), and bldg 5 (huge zero entry/lazy river). That bldg has amazing lake views and some are fireworks. Here is a post with pictures. It's also very tall so there are lots of rooms. I believe they are updated too since its a new building.

Check out that thread in my siggie if you haven't lately. There are some new pictures and reviews. Makes me want to go back!!

Sorry for the delay. I can't post from my blackberry and haven't been on my computer at all in days. ;)

The good thing about BC is that all pools are within 5 minutes walking distance. So really you can have your choice. There are pools attached to bldg 1 (the main bldg although I'm not sure you can stay there. This is the one with the kiddie pool area), bldg 3 (smaller pool with slide and bar. The playground is close), and bldg 5 (huge zero entry/lazy river). That bldg has amazing lake views and some are fireworks. Here is a post with pictures. It's also very tall so there are lots of rooms. I believe they are updated too since its a new building.

Check out that thread in my siggie if you haven't lately. There are some new pictures and reviews. Makes me want to go back!!

Allison, congrats on your baby!! I just remembered that your siggy said you were due in August-- glad everyone's happy and healthy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter