You Thought 85 Ghosts Was Bad?

maliboomer said:
I didn't find the quests fun at all. Just frustrating.
After I do space today, I'm totally over them. I could get the other cars - but why bother?

I also did not enjoy any of the quest. I disliked the back 3 step thing for wrong answer or failed tasks, especially with so many of the failures were beyond my control like dc, answering multipart questions and having none of the choices be the correct answer and then have to go over and over each of the choices 2-3 times each before one of them finally register as correct. Or having misleading questions like "Earn 5 credits on this track" and was there no way to "earn" the credit on "the track" when they really meant go sell something for 5 credits.

Someone who I find to be very wise and who has never even heard of VMK said to me the other day; "If *everyone* is thinking differently from you, then it's time for you to change your thinking".

Hey VMK it's time to change your thinking.

mr.techno said:
yea you should defenetly send that. thats ridiculous the whole 300,000 thing its not fair at all and i think if u send that messege itll do something. do they actully read our meseges anyway i mean it has that whole contact vmk thing but do the messeges actully go? :confused3 ps. now im gonna be up from the moment vmk opens to when it closes to get that 300,000 :surfweb:

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

I'm still waiting for them to answer my gold ear emails I sent in December.

I'm still very bitter over the ears and their total no response at all to my many email about the ears.

CoolDisGirl said:
But has anyone stopped to think why the fireworks requirement has gone up? It was debated before about "spoilers" on all the vmk boards, that Yavn was not happy about it. Perhaps this is his way of slapping all of us. Perhaps his way of saying you can post spoilers of the answers but now you CANNOT attain the green car no matter how many spoilers are posted. To attain the higher pins you HAVE TO be an expert in haunted and fireworks. Just a thought since nobody in the history of VMK has ever reached 300,000 without cheating. No other reason I can see for the change. And please done flame me, I dont care if you read the spoilers or you dont. Makes no difference to me. But this is the only explanation I can come to for the extreme change.

If Yavn and the other designers have chosen to be petty, then so be it. It does nothing to increase my respect for them.

Chedstro said:
Yes! CDNMickey was kind enough to help me get my 45 ghosts; but when I got to the monorail station the people there were all *standing* on the atoms! Could not even find number two, so mad :rotfl2: Now bumped back to ghosts.

After this happened to me three times, I waited until the room cleared out before I clicked on "next task." That way I made sure I could see where the atoms were. I finally managed to get the yellow car. Now I just need 85 ghosts...

I've done the same, moving down and then back up the stairs repeatedly until the instance with lots of people in it gets full enough that a new instance is chosen that's emptier. Sometimes you have to try a bunch of times...

If you had friends on who could help out, you could all meet up at the Tomorrowland Hub, and then each of the helpers (call them scouts, lol) could step through the teleporter to enter the monorail station, and when one of them entered an empty(ier) instance, that one could PM you to follow them there.

Convoluted, yes, but I'm feeling twisty this morning.

tolkien7 said:
After this happened to me three times, I waited until the room cleared out before I clicked on "next task." That way I made sure I could see where the atoms were. I finally managed to get the yellow car. Now I just need 85 ghosts...

Ok - I know it really stinks that the bar for the green car has been raised significiantly. It is now like my quest for the Narnia Teleporters, just not in my cards right now.

But I have to say since it went up, I have had so much fun helping other obtain their goals in the all the levels by either playing with them in Pirates or Haunted. With all the day to day stress we have, we cannot let VMK get us down too. Just like in life, VMK cannot always be the way you want it.

CoolDisGirl said:
But has anyone stopped to think why the fireworks requirement has gone up? It was debated before about "spoilers" on all the vmk boards, that Yavn was not happy about it. Perhaps this is his way of slapping all of us. Perhaps his way of saying you can post spoilers of the answers but now you CANNOT attain the green car no matter how many spoilers are posted. To attain the higher pins you HAVE TO be an expert in haunted and fireworks. Just a thought since nobody in the history of VMK has ever reached 300,000 without cheating. No other reason I can see for the change. And please done flame me, I dont care if you read the spoilers or you dont. Makes no difference to me. But this is the only explanation I can come to for the extreme change.

There has been much speculation that this is Yavn's doing and that he is somehow punishing players because of the spoilers. Is Yavn in sole control of VMK? Does he make decisions alone? Is there any proof whatsoever that Yavn is behind this? Isn't it possible that it was an error?

I know that people are angry, but these accusatory posts are rather damaging. I think it is okay to be upset. I don't think it's okay to point the finger at one person without really knowing what is going on.

JeanJoe said:
I've done the same, moving down and then back up the stairs repeatedly until the instance with lots of people in it gets full enough that a new instance is chosen that's emptier. Sometimes you have to try a bunch of times....

I didn't know you could do that!!! What a great tip!!!!!!!! It was aggravating to me that I couldn't enter the platform in advanced mode, but you just gave me a way to help out that problem! Thanks :thumbsup2

disvaclub92 said:
Ok - I know it really stinks that the bar for the green car has been raised significiantly. It is now like my quest for the Narnia Teleporters, just not in my cards right now.

But I have to say since it went up, I have had so much fun helping other obtain their goals in the all the levels by either playing with them in Pirates or Haunted. With all the day to day stress we have, we cannot let VMK get us down too. Just like in life, VMK cannot always be the way you want it.

I like your attitude :) As I said from the beginning, it is not "cheating," it is a helpful spirit of cooperation! We have to keep helping each other even though they are trying to create strife.

I wish I could find you, then. Yesterday I specifically told ppl in Haunted I needed "eat tea ive" ghosts if they wanted to play in my game, and this jerk got on my team and deliberately went after the same ghosts as me, and typed how that is what he was doing. What a waste of time. This is all when the game lobby was always full, so I couldn't just go make another game. Oh, and before that I had been in another room asking if ppl wanted to play for quest and they kept saying No. How rude. If you don't want to play, one "no" is sufficient, don't rub it in. Then I got in a game with one person who did not catch enough of their ghosts to generate more ghosts of my color, so there was not even a total of 85 to catch. So it is not even easy to get a game, much less catch that many ghosts.

Edit: Big news! I just got a message on VMK the Expert level of that quest has been terminated by VMK staff, so we don't have to worry about it anyway! I wonder if they are going to let the "early birds" keep their green cars, or will they take them away so that everyone is in the same boat now?

tolkien7 said:
There has been much speculation that this is Yavn's doing and that he is somehow punishing players because of the spoilers. Is Yavn in sole control of VMK? Does he make decisions alone? Is there any proof whatsoever that Yavn is behind this? Isn't it possible that it was an error?

I know that people are angry, but these accusatory posts are rather damaging. I think it is okay to be upset. I don't think it's okay to point the finger at one person without really knowing what is going on.

Like I said in another post(again I have not had time to read this entire thread from the beginning)Yavn is getting the blame because he is the one who is promoted as being the head of VMK. He is at anytime more than welcome to come and set the record straight if the facts we have are wrong.

I can not see him or anyone else for that matter admitting that they did this on purpose.

What ever the case, it is not fair nor is it right to knowingly make a quest so that it is impossible to win.

That said looks like the discussion is moot since they have terminated that quest.

Now that in itself is unfair because now still some will have the green car and others will never have a chance to....since all these items can not be traded.

now going to start reading on page one ;)

justliketink said:
I have read that some people think we are whining. Just to put it in perspective; my son, who has been slowly trying to trade for things and collect items is in the 'target' age range. He is a great kid. He gives things to people, he makes games with free prizes, he helped his little sister finish the space quest before he finished his own. He loves playing the games. He does everything VMK asks in their values section. Never been warned. And from what VMK says, this game is aimed at him. Well they pretty much shot him. He wanted the green car pretty bad. He waited to try until yesterday because he was helping others, doing homework, etc. Now he usually gets over 250,000 in fireworks pretty easy and is a whiz at ghosts and pirates. When he saw that window pop up about 300,000 - he got up and left. Just walked away from the computer. Would not even try. I have NEVER seen him more disappointed. And he does not have all that VMK has to offer, but he knew that he could earn this one and then they change the rules. My sincerest wish would be that I could give him my car that I got before the rule change. Because I had help with the ghosts and he could of got 85 ghosts without asking for help and because it's just not right to set the fireworks number so impossibly high. I really hope they change the fireworks to a number that is attainable.

I think this sums up exactly what I mean when I say that the Staff of VMK need a lesson in MAGIC! your post just tore my heart out... :sad2:

I am on it right now. It was terminated to change the fireworks value from 300,000 to 280,000 yesterday. I got that message saying it was terminated (in other words, I had to start over and get 85 ghosts again). The quest is still running, and I got through it again today, up to #24/25, get 280,000 on fireworks. So far, only one person today on the top ten list has 280,000 or more. Yesterday, all day, only one person did it.

So if you already got your green car pin, lucky you. If not, you need to be one of the 6 or 7 elite fireworks freaks, or else you are out of luck.

And although it doesn't affect me, since I have bat magic, I think the bat magic part is bogus, too. Because people who just joined VMK cannot possibly complete that quest. If you are a new member, how can you possibly come up with enough stuff to even trade for it.

But (small consolation) at least you don't have to do an inferno dance and show your 8/9 pin to win any quests....

cat_herder said:
I also did not enjoy any of the quest. I disliked the back 3 step thing for wrong answer or failed tasks, especially with so many of the failures were beyond my control like dc, answering multipart questions and having none of the choices be the correct answer and then have to go over and over each of the choices 2-3 times each before one of them finally register as correct. Or having misleading questions like "Earn 5 credits on this track" and was there no way to "earn" the credit on "the track" when they really meant go sell something for 5 credits.

Someone who I find to be very wise and who has never even heard of VMK said to me the other day; "If *everyone* is thinking differently from you, then it's time for you to change your thinking".

Hey VMK it's time to change your thinking.

Hey, I didn't have to sell anything to get the five credits. I played the race game and ran over (probably picked up) five of the trophy cups. It turns out each one is worth one credit. The same with the Mars off road game.

I played the game outside of the quest later on for quite a while. It was fun but you really do get one credit per trophy cup! :rotfl2: Even Ned pays better!

qruthie (the 'q' is silent but ruthie is still screaming)

darkacre said:
But (small consolation) at least you don't have to do an inferno dance and show your 8/9 pin to win any quests....

...YET :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Update: It's not technically impossible. Of the 3 people who scored 280,000 or more today in fireworks, one actually earned the green car. TheBrom did it with a record time of 18 hours and 42 minutes.

darkacre said:
Update: It's not technically impossible. Of the 3 people who scored 280,000 or more today in fireworks, one actually earned the green car. TheBrom did it with a record time of 18 hours and 42 minutes.

Now that is either extreme determination or just plain stupdity. That is up to the owner of the new green car that does nothing except what the other cars do. VMK producers of this game should be ashamed of themself at least give an inferno as the prize for the quest. The extreme determination is what it would take. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter