You Seem Taller In Your Trip Reports. A Baby at WDW - *HOLY COW! AN UPDATE!* 4/17 p26

Luvin the update.. I'm pretty sure Bonnie is like nice/cute/happy/and various other good words that describe cute little baby boys.

I got a call from a fellow DisDad, Brian (twokids0204) He was standing in front of Space Mountain with his son and two extra FastPasses. Madison and I decided to go for it while Bambi took her parents, Evan and Ryder to Pirates.

Meanwhile, Madison and I met up with Brian and his son and we ventured into a completely new ride for Madison. The universe finally aligned to allow us to take a trip where she was tall enough to ride and the ride was actually open. She sat in front of me, which allowed me to put my hand on her shoulder through the entire ride. I would have liked to pull it back and give my arm a rest, but she was grabbing on to it and screaming like it like her life depended on it. Needless to say, she didn't (seem to) enjoy the ride one bit. She was a bit shaken on the moving walkway to the gift shop/exit. But when we met Brian's wife and daughter there, Madison turned to look at me with that devilish gleam in her eye and asked if we could ride it again.

iphone_125.jpg

Hmmmm....me thinks she like it a little more than she let on. However, we had to meet back up with the rest of the family as it was now getting on to lunch time. We walked back toward the hub with Brian and his family, pausing for a "pictures or it didn't happen" picture.

iphone_126.jpg

...it be Dole Whip Time!

iphone_132.jpg

We met up with Brian and his family at Aloha Isle where I had him take that picture so I could text it to my nemesis, Tim. Just to remind him that I was at WDW and he wasn't.

While we were enjoying our Dole Whips, we were joined by another DisDad, Chris (clearscreen). I assume he has a better picture where his eyes are open, but I have to work with what I have.

IMG_2102.JPG

After cleaning up and a potty break, we headed toward the Jungle Cruise. The wait was a bit too long and might make us miss our Splash Fast Pass return time, so we headed to Frontierland. It was convenient because Brian had BTMRR Fast Passes, so we let life long best friends Madison and Baylee lead the way.

IMG_2104.JPG

Sounds like the perfect day!!!! Can it get any better? :confused3

Was really great meeting up with you and your family... and yes the kids got along like life long pals...

... we made a hard left at Casey's and charged with a full head of steam right toward Adventureland! Nothing is going to stop us! We were steely determined to ....OH! LOOK A CUTE LITTLE BUNNY!

IMG_2069.JPG

SO CUTE AND FUZZY AND CUDDLY AND OMG LOOK AT THOSE EARS AND HIS ADORABLE LITTLE EYES AND ...

Ah Hem.

What?

You know we have bunnies back home, right?

Yeah.

Shall we continue on then?

OK.

You could have just used the other 300 pictures of the bunny to make your point.

Ryder's reaction: he seemed to enjoy it. Which, when translated into the mannerisms of a 5 month old meant that he didn't fall asleep or scream through it.

He loved it. It was his first Disney ride. How could he not love it?

Hmmmm....me thinks she like it a little more than she let on.

I like these rides a little less when they are on them.

IMG_2077.JPG

Mmmm...looks like peaches were on the menu that day.

Squash. It was Squash. Clearly you need to feed the baby more so you can tell the difference between peaches and squash.

Can't wait to see what y'all thought of Boardwalk. I really want to stay there....soon!

Looks like y'all were off to a great start at MK! And already having DIS meets! :thumbsup2

Mmmmm, Dole Whips!!! Maybe Ryder would have enjoyed one of those more than his "peaches" (squash)! :thumbsup2

I wonder if Mythbusters has tested this one yet?
I think they did, but Jamie's mustache got in the way.

Plausible :thumbsup2 :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

No sooner had we gotten on, sat down and started pulling away from the bus stop did I get a text message saying our room was ready. Well played, front desk. Well played.
:headache: :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

And sometimes your bus driver takes a wrong turn at Albuquerque and you end up in a rabbit tunnel going into Ft. Knox.
:faint: That is a disappointment. I really don't understand why they don't run a dedicated bus to deluxe resorts. I mean you're paying a deluxe price, so you'd think the service would be a little better.:confused3

I love the Bugs Bunny reference though. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Seriously, nothing good can come from that girl wielding at sharpened hunk of metal on a stick.
Well, if you can choose between handing it to Madison or Evan, which one would you pick? :confused3

Needless to say, she didn't (seem to) enjoy the ride one bit. She was a bit shaken on the moving walkway to the gift shop/exit. But when we met Brian's wife and daughter there, Madison turned to look at me with that devilish gleam in her eye and asked if we could ride it again.
:thumbsup2 Way to go Madison!

pausing for a "pictures or it didn't happen" picture.
Um... clearly it did happen. You were both in that Space Mountain picture. :rolleyes1

I also decided that we needed a British nanny - even if she didn't have magical powers like Mary Poppins. They're just fun to listen to.
And your kids are smarter just from listening to the accent. Fact. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

A short (sorry Evan, I couldn't resist a height joke here. You can get me back when you're 18 and 4 inches taller than me)
He'll probably tower over you by then...

While we were enjoying our Dole Whips, we were joined by another DisDad, Chris (clearscreen). I assume he has a better picture where his eyes are open, but I have to work with what I have.
Great place for a disdad meet. :thumbsup2

so we let life long best friends Madison and Baylee lead the way.

So what if they had only met that morning. That doesn't mean they can't be BFFs.
Seriously... how many dismeets have you posted about where Madison is immediately best friends with everybody? I'm glad to see that she gets along with everyone so well!

You could have just used the other 300 pictures of the bunny to make your point.
And that would have spared us from some of Barry's rambling.

Excellent point.

Squash. It was Squash. Clearly you need to feed the baby more so you can tell the difference between peaches and squash.
I thought it looked like sweet potatoes. :confused3 :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

I know Bambi is on a feed the kid vegetables bandwagon, but mushed squash? You are at Disney World Barry. Why not a Dole Whip? It has fruit and dairy. Very healthy (just don't look at the sugar content).

Bambi, if you are mad at me for pointing that out, feel free to smack Barry upside the head as a substitute.

Way to go Madison for riding SM. :goodvibes

Sorry you couldn't relax- I did the same thing when I had to hold on to one of mine. :rotfl:

Some great divide and conquer there. You stay with Ryder and the Grands and wife and kids split and ride. :thumbsup2

Nice DISmeets :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

In that first picture I would have to say that Ryder wins as cutest baby on earth. :thumbsup2

Love Evans hair cut.

Go Madison for riding Space Mountain for the first time.

I stayed at BWV for a few nights in June and again a couple weeks ago. I loved it. I think it might be my new favorite DVC resort.

Luvin the update.. I'm pretty sure Bonnie is like nice/cute/happy/and various other good words that describe cute little baby boys.
Thanks!
That's pretty much what she said (yes, I asked!)
Sounds like the perfect day!!!! Can it get any better? :confused3
You just pretty much picked out the highlights there, didn't you, Brian? :rotfl2:
It sure was fun touring with another family. We should do it again sometime!

Was really great meeting up with you and your family... and yes the kids got along like life long pals...
I guess that's what happens when "Canadian Nice" meets up with "Wisconsin Nice".

I'm glad Madison liked SM. It is such a fun ride. I was expecting Evan to get lots of colored gel in his hair, but his haircut was very nice.

I would love to stay at the Boardwalk.

There's a 25 picture per post limit. Besides, you saw how the angry mob reacted when I didn't get out of Legoland and onto Disney fast enough. They might tar and feather me for too many bunny pictures. Although it was a Disney bunny.....

Well said.

I like these rides a little less when they are on them.
They meet the height requirement (without needing any potentially illegal shoe modifications) so it's all perfectly safe. Trust me.

I've tasted them. I'm not still not sure I can tell the difference.

BUSTED!!!!

I'll be back later to comment on everything else. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:headache::headache:

Can't wait to see what y'all thought of Boardwalk. I really want to stay there....soon!
It was a nice place - I'll have a more thorough write up later.
Looks like y'all were off to a great start at MK! And already having DIS meets! :thumbsup2
:thumbsup2

Mmmmm, Dole Whips!!! Maybe Ryder would have enjoyed one of those more than his "peaches" (squash)! :thumbsup2
I'm sure he would have. The problem is that I wasn't about to buy him his own - and our family has a bit of an issue when it comes to sharing Dole Whips.

Mostly me. I have a problem sharing my Dole Whip.

I think they did, but Jamie's mustache got in the way.
Jamie wants big boom. :thumbsup2

:faint: That is a disappointment. I really don't understand why they don't run a dedicated bus to deluxe resorts. I mean you're paying a deluxe price, so you'd think the service would be a little better.:confused3
For the price of some of those rooms, I'd expect limo service to the parks! (Thank god for DVC, otherwise I'd never stay in hotels this nice)

I love the Bugs Bunny reference though. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:
I know I had to go off the Disney reservation for that one, but it's a classic.

Well, if you can choose between handing it to Madison or Evan, which one would you pick? :confused3
Excellent point. Give the ax to Ryder.
:thumbsup2 Way to go Madison!
:goodvibes
Um... clearly it did happen. You were both in that Space Mountain picture. :rolleyes1
Yes, but we were blurry. A case could have been made for Madison riding Space Mountain with Elvis and a Yeti. And I'm saying who is who.

And your kids are smarter just from listening to the accent. Fact.
Wisconsinites are the only people in the world without an accent. Everyone else sounds funny. True Story.

He'll probably tower over you by then...
He's already 6" taller than an average 6 year old boy.:sad2:

Great place for a disdad meet. :thumbsup2
::yes::
Seriously... how many dismeets have you posted about where Madison is immediately best friends with everybody? I'm glad to see that she gets along with everyone so well!
So far, all of them. When would you like to schedule you kids getting a new best friend?

And that would have spared us from some of Barry's rambling.
But rambling, incoherent nonsense is what I do best. Oh, and puns.

I thought it looked like sweet potatoes. :confused3 :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:
Sounds like you need to feed your baby some more. :rolleyes1

I know Bambi is on a feed the kid vegetables bandwagon, but mushed squash? You are at Disney World Barry. Why not a Dole Whip? It has fruit and dairy. Very healthy (just don't look at the sugar content).
That's not sugar. It's Pixie Dust.
Bambi, if you are mad at me for pointing that out, feel free to smack Barry upside the head as a substitute.
As long as she's not using the frying pan....

Way to go Madison for riding SM. :goodvibes

Sorry you couldn't relax- I did the same thing when I had to hold on to one of mine. :rotfl:
It wasn't that bad. Trying to reassure her that "it's almost over" when you can't see anything and have no idea how much is left is the hard part.:)
Some great divide and conquer there. You stay with Ryder and the Grands and wife and kids split and ride. :thumbsup2
It's only fair - Bambi didn't get to do much on our last trip when she was pregnant.
Nice DISmeets :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
::yes::

In that first picture I would have to say that Ryder wins as cutest baby on earth. :thumbsup2
If you're looking for an argument, you won't find it from me.
Love Evans hair cut.
He's such a handsome little guy. :goodvibes
Go Madison for riding Space Mountain for the first time.
I stayed at BWV for a few nights in June and again a couple weeks ago. I loved it. I think it might be my new favorite DVC resort.
I don't know about it being our favorite, but we certainly enjoyed it.

:thumbsup2 I approve.
:mad:
I'm glad Madison liked SM. It is such a fun ride. I was expecting Evan to get lots of colored gel in his hair, but his haircut was very nice.
Knowing him, it wouldn't take long before the gel would be all over his face, clothes, me, etc. :sad2:

For all of you that have been waiting patiently (or not so patiently) for us to arrive at the Disney portion of this trip: we're here.

:cool1::woohoo:

In case you didn't know, bell services has refrigerators and freezers to store your stuff in. All you have to do is ask.

That's good to know. Did you have frozen peaches or squash?:confused3

And sometimes your bus driver takes a wrong turn at Albuquerque and you end up in a rabbit tunnel going into Ft. Knox.

+1:thumbsup2

What a maroon.

Things such as a trained firefighter trusting Madison with an ax. Seriously, nothing good can come from that girl wielding at sharpened hunk of metal on a stick.

You could have headed straight to IASW. :idea:

OH! LOOK A CUTE LITTLE BUNNY!

:sad2: Those are actually animatronic Disney groundskeepers.

He was standing in front of Space Mountain with his son and two extra FastPasses.

Now that's how you start a DisDad meet. Nice work, Brian.:thumbsup2

She sat in front of me, which allowed me to put my hand on her shoulder through the entire ride. I would have liked to pull it back and give my arm a rest, but she was grabbing on to it and screaming like it like her life depended on it. Needless to say, she didn't (seem to) enjoy the ride one bit. She was a bit shaken on the moving walkway to the gift shop/exit. But when we met Brian's wife and daughter there, Madison turned to look at me with that devilish gleam in her eye and asked if we could ride it again.

Good job sacrificing your shoulder for the team. Glad she ultimately enjoyed it. I hate it when you have a scared kid at the end of a ride. Not that I've ever experienced it, but I hear it's not fun. :rolleyes1

I really don't know why (if it were chickens, I'd say "to get to the other side", but clearly these are ducks. Nobody knows what ducks are thinking.)

I thought it was something about AFLAC.

Whoops, I forgot Brian was with you. So it was something aboot AFLAC, eh?

IMG_2077.JPG

Mmmm...looks like peaches were on the menu that day. After our meal, Ryder (who didn't really care for those peaches) was still a bit peckish. And by that, I mean he was screaming his bloody head off.

Peaches, squash, whatever. Judging from Ryder's face, it tasted like Pooh.

Wait...is it Pooh?! :eek:

I also decided that we needed a British nanny - even if she didn't have magical powers like Mary Poppins. They're just fun to listen to.

You probably couldn't afford Mary Poppins, though. You're more likely to end up with Shary Bobbins.

Bart Simpson: Sing us a song, Shary Bobbins.
Lisa Simpson: Yes, sing us a song.
Shary Bobbins: I've been singing you songs all day. I'm not a bloody jukebox!

:lmao::rotfl:

I did a quick head count and found that none of my family decided to to take up the offer of "room for one more."

Really? That seems so Evan.

The "Before":

And the "After":

...it be Dole Whip Time!

:cool1::woohoo::yay: Isn't it always?

We met up with Brian and his family at Aloha Isle where I had him take that picture so I could text it to my nemesis, Tim. Just to remind him that I was at WDW and he wasn't.

Nice work.

Man, he's as bad as that blinking Mickey. Still, nice meet-up.

So what if they had only met that morning. That doesn't mean they can't be BFFs.

I've heard Madison can have that effect on people. :goodvibes

UP NEXT: We get wet. And not from Splash Mountain.

Hopefully not from peaches/squash/whatever the heck Ryder ate, either. :sick:

That's good to know. Did you have frozen peaches or squash?:confused3
It doesn't matter. No one can tell the difference anyway.

What a maroon.
+1:thumbsup2 Give yourself a bonus point on your TR.

You could have headed straight to IASW. :idea:
:scratchin. This is why you need to come along on our Disney trips. I need an idea man. (Better yet, I need an idea man that will pay his own way)

:sad2: Those are actually animatronic Disney groundskeepers.
I love the animatronic Disney groundskeep's pellets behind them. Disney's all about the details!

Now that's how you start a DisDad meet. Nice work, Brian.:thumbsup2
Had he been holding a tray full of Dole Whips and Bacon, it might have been perfect. :cloud9:

Good job sacrificing your shoulder for the team. Glad she ultimately enjoyed it. I hate it when you have a scared kid at the end of a ride. Not that I've ever experienced it, but I hear it's not fun. :rolleyes1
What's even worse is when the kids have to deal with scared, screaming parents at the end of IASW. Not that your kids have ever experienced it, but they've heard it's not fun. :rolleyes1

I thought it was something about AFLAC.

Whoops, I forgot Brian was with you. So it was something aboot AFLAC, eh?
Can you imagine Gilbert Gottfried with a Canadian accent?

Yeah, me neither.

Peaches, squash, whatever. Judging from Ryder's face, it tasted like Pooh.

Wait...is it Pooh?! :eek:
I may not be able to see the difference between peaches and squash, but I can smell the difference between Pooh and ....well, anything.

You probably couldn't afford Mary Poppins, though. You're more likely to end up with Shary Bobbins.

Bart Simpson: Sing us a song, Shary Bobbins.
Lisa Simpson: Yes, sing us a song.
Shary Bobbins: I've been singing you songs all day. I'm not a bloody jukebox!
As long as we get a nanny and not an au pair. I don't know what the difference is, but "au pair" is just to hard to say.

Really? That seems so Evan.
The ghosts that dance non-stop for up to 17 hours a day in the party scene kicked him out for having too much energy.

:cool1::woohoo::yay: Isn't it always?
No. :sad1:

Well, at least not until I get a Dole Whip machine for my office. :yay:

Nice work.
Having a nemesis is hard work. But someone has to do it.

Man, he's as bad as that blinking Mickey. Still, nice meet-up.
And he doesn't even sing or dance.

I've heard Madison can have that effect on people. :goodvibes
:)

Hopefully not from peaches/squash/whatever the heck Ryder ate, either. :sick:
puke.gif

Subbing in! This is by far one of the funniest trip reports I've read. Funny haha not funny weird......honestly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter