You learn something new about DVC every day.

jel0511

DIS Veteran
Well, as I posted earlier, I just did an add-on at VWL. Well, in trying to complete my ressies for this summer, I needed to borrow a couple of points from this new add-on. Well, while on the phone with MS, I asked them when my projected closing date is, since I knew I couldn't borrow points until after that. Well, he said my closing date was April 1st. Well, knowing I was trying to book a studio at BCV and that there weren't too many left, I was disappointed, and basically left the Friday night open, since it was the weekend. Well this CM told me that there is an exception to the borrowing for new contracts. I just needed to call my guide to have her process the paperwork and I could then borrow points for this stay before I closed. Well, I called my guide, and now one day later I was able to borrow the points I needed and my ressie is now complete. So, you CAN borrow points before closing, just need an exception!!!!!

Back when we bought in in Jan 2002 our closing was sometime in Feb (don't remember the exact date) but when I called in Feb I knew we were before the closing still, but they let me borrow 5 points for my Jan 2003 trip without any issues.

Mike

Funny - my points were in the system before the add on paper work was in my hand. I called to make a ressie and the point balance she gave me seemed really high. Than she volunteered to break it down by resort...was I surprised to see the add on in so quickly.:D

I know the feeling - my last add on was there a good two weeks before my guide called with the good news - she didn't know I had already used them!

Boy, finding this out kind of frustrates me. We're in the process of closing and I called last week to make our first reservations. I was told by member services that I could only reserve time with the banked points and couldn't borrow any until closing. So, I had to make a "partial reservation" in hopes that the other days will still be open upon our closing.

Then I just read this thread, so I decided to call our rep Edwin, to find out about this "exception", only to find out that he's still on the vacation that he was on last week and won't be back until next week. I've called him several times over the past two weeks only to get his vacation message.

Member services did give me the number for another rep...called her and her calls are being forwarded to yet another rep! I did leave a message with her.

I'm having no luck getting in touch with reps! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the days I want will still be open!

Deb

debbiebones- if you want to contact my rep I'd be happy to give you her name- I'm sure she wouldn't mind helping you out. Just pm me and I'll send the info along.
Karen

Thanks Karen! Wow, I was in the midst of pm-ing you when the phone rang and it was (the 3rd!) rep who was filling in for the rep who was filling in for our rep! Her name was Jenna and she was sooooo nice and helpful! She jumped right on it and said that they're actually in the midst of changing the process so that you can borrow without a problem while your membership is being completed.

She told me that I should be able to call Member Services by tomorrow afternoon and book the remaining days of our vacation!

Thanks for offering your rep as well Karen, I appreciate your help!

Deb

You are very welcome- happy to help any member of the fam! I just noticed that you live in Bloomfield Hills. We just moved to Portland, Or from South Lyon, Mi.- just west of Novi. Ever heard of it??? I never thought I'd say it, but we REALLY miss Michigan!! Have a great trip to WDW!

Yes I have heard of South Lyon! In fact, I know someone who lives there, although I can't say I've ever visited there.

Boy that's quite a move! I've always thought Portland was supposed to be a nice place to live....(sure beats a Michigan winter...we're still in single digit temps!).

I guess we don't know how much we really like something until we have to make a move. :)

Thanks for the welcome...we're really looking forward to our first visit as DVC members. We just returned from the Disney Cruise last month and I just couldn't "let go"! Once you get that Disney fix...it's hard to give it up!

Take care,

Deb

Deb,
Would the people you know that live in South Lyon, happen to own at the DVC by any chance?? Or any high school aged kids? My youngest just graduated from SLHS last year- she was in the all the plays. I have some friends there in South Lyon that are absolutely WILD about DVC and have had several discussions prior to buying about it with them. They've convinced several people on both sides of their family to buy! Just curious!! As for weather- we've had it VERY tough here- almost all winter it's been sunny and mid to high 50's and then the off weeks are rain and temps in the mid to high 40's- I really miss those single digit temps! If it's gonna be warm in the winter- I feel as though I should be in Orlando!!! Funny isn't it?? Only people from Mi and Wi would think that 40 in the winter is warm!!! :earseek:

Karen,

Actually, the person I know who lives there is someone I once dated before I was married! He's a funeral director in Roseville and a volunteer fireman for S. Lyon. And his children are actually still very young...like 2 and 3 I believe.

Still...as they say at WDW..."it's a small world" isn't it?

You're right...40 degrees sounds pretty nice to me right now, but I'm with you...I'd rather be enjoying the warmth in Orlando! :p

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter