You know you're Pennsylvania if.....

Originally posted by FOJMO
All of these are most familiar to me, with the possible exception of "drippy eggs". We actually called these "dippy eggs" cause you "dip" your bread into the yoke when you eat them.

VAL

I thought the list said "dippy"? It took me a number of years to learn to not order my eggs under-cooked, but as "over-light" or "over-easy". Now I steam them )cover with a lid as they fry in the pan).

Ynz forgot to mention Jumbo sandwiches! I don't think you can order jumbo anywhere else and have someone give you the right thing!

You know you are Pennsylivania if..

you get in the right hand lane to turn left! I swear I have never seen so many jughandles in all my life!!!

Originally posted by HollyM
Ynz forgot to mention Jumbo sandwiches! I don't think you can order jumbo anywhere else and have someone give you the right thing!

Are they made from elephant? :p

What DOES elephant taste like?

:eek:

LOL LOL

Originally posted by iNTeNSeBLue98
I thought the list said "dippy"?

Nope, it definitely said "drippy". Maybe it was a typo...

Does anyone remember Fastnacht Day? It's actually the day before Ash Wednesday, also known as Mardi Gras.

It's the day when everyone brings in donuts to work and the bakeries go crazy making them! Of course, I grew up in Allentown, heavily influenced by the Pennsylvania Dutch and German folks.

How about potato filling and chicken pot pie? Filling is NOT stuffing and I make my own at Thanksgiving. You don't make it IN the bird, it's a potato casserole of sorts.

And chicken pot pie is NOT a pie! It's almost like a thick, chicken stew with big, square "bot boi" noodles (I also make my own).

Boy, I'm really getting hungry...

you get in the right hand lane to turn left! I swear I have never seen so many jughandles in all my life!!!

True!

But I still think New Jersey is WORSE in that area!

This was so great! Born and raised in PA until my early 20's, since then have lived in Maryland for the last 16 years. I grew up in Punxsutawney and my DH and I graduated from Punxsy High School and all the sayings are truely so typical. Did you all know there is a Groundhog King and Queen. There is also that drawl in your voice when you say "ynz", that is very indicative of western PA. Yes, deer season is a state holiday where kids do not go to school the first day or buck season. I still hear people refer to sunny side up eggs as dippy eggs when we go home. I will be forwarding this list to my fellow PA born and fellow Maryland transplants. What a great Post!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter