You know your a DVC family when...

Your 3.5 DD says Welcome Home every day when she walks in the house!

That is adorable. I just posted a thread about how my 3.5 DD looks for hidden Mickeys in the carpeting of EVERY hotel we visit! She finds plenty too!

Or when your 4 yo DS can describe the DVC hotels in detail to discuss where we should stay next with anyone. I always get tickled when I hear him chatting up Disney with others!

When your kids walk into a nice but non-DVC and say "Where's the kitchen? The other bedroom? What do you mean that this one little room is it? I want to go to a real hotel and stay in a grand villa, mom."

When your kids walk into a nice but non-DVC and say "Where's the kitchen? The other bedroom? What do you mean that this one little room is it? I want to go to a real hotel and stay in a grand villa, mom."

It is usually me thinking this! :lmao: I'd never say it out loud because I'd never hear the end of it.

Funny, that's exactly what my granddaughters said last week when we checked into our room at Portofino Bay Resort at Universal. Thank goodness we had connecting rooms, because we had lots of space.

Or when your 4 yo DS can describe the DVC hotels in detail to discuss where we should stay next with anyone. I always get tickled when I hear him chatting up Disney with others!

My granddaugthers can do this too as they go with us at least 3 trips a year now (well their folks go too).

The funny thing is is that they call every room we stay at their "home". Right before a trip they always ask Nana, where's our "home" going to be for this trip. So I show them on the computer and they say, oh yea, I remember that home and then describe a memory about it....normally the pool, except for BWV, where they love the boardwalk activities at night. Good think we'll be back at the BWV in 7 weeks for another visit to one of their "homes".

when your 5 1/2 year old daughter is a WDW expert and is going on her 9th trip next month.

When you make a spreadsheet showing you how many times you can go to each DVC resort and in what kind of room per year with the points you have...and then go further to make more sheets for your next and subsequent planned point add-ons!

Of course you would also have a slight spark of insanity since you're a Mathematician. :laughing:

agree with the PP....when you're talking about booking/planning the next trip to WDW, when you haven't even gone on the one currently booked. How true!

....and when every time your 4yo sees a plane fly overhead she says, "they're going to Disney World".

Your next trip is planned before you took your last trip.

True . . we have been fortunate to have that problem. That issue has led to my co-workers thinking that they know us by name at Disney!

Another sign of being a DVC member is that my DS5 knows where he wants to go shopping at Disney before we even get there! He also asks: "Are we flying Airtran this time, or Southwest.".

You, your husband, and kids have the next Disney vacation planned while on your current Disney vacation.

You have the DVC countdown on the desktop of the computer and the first thing you and the kids do every morning is see how many days are left until your next trip.

Your 4 year old son talks about his "house in Disney World".

You make your house smell like your home resort just because....

Your children can find Hidden Mickey's even when you are not in Disney.

Your son thinks that it is necessary to jump up on the bathroom sink while you are taking a shower to draw Hidden Mickey's all over the steamed up mirror.

You make Hidden Mickey pancakes for breakfast.

Your son makes Hidden Mickey's from any 3 circular items he finds laying around.

When you make a spreadsheet showing you how many times you can go to each DVC resort and in what kind of room per year with the points you have...and then go further to make more sheets for your next and subsequent planned point add-ons!

Of course you would also have a slight spark of insanity since you're a Mathematician. :laughing:

OMG! This is my husband! He already has our next 3 years planned out like this!:rotfl2:

Yep, this would be my husband too! Although he'd wouldn't say it was a spark of insanity, he'd say it was GENIUS!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter