• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You know you are at WDW when you hear....

It's usually during unpacking when we turn on the Disney info channel on TV that has all the soft Disney music playing as weather and park info pops up. Also, the music at International Gateway is another great way to get that "we're back!" feeling!

:wizard:

Actually, mine isn't at the parks.

It taking the tram over at MCO. You always see little kids already decked out in Mickey gear getting off the plane, already whispering and looking around like its the first ride in the parks.

Then I awlays know the real stuff is only a bus ride away. :)

When the CM greets you with those beautiful words, "Welcome Home!" upon arrival at BCV :goodvibes Also, the music you hear the moment you step onto Main Street U.S.A....suddenly, you just know you're home :love:

It's getting in line for ME, seeing the big sign as we drive in and hearing "Welcome Home" when I arrive at SSR!!
Then the train whistle!

When you have employees that ACTUALLY want to help you, and everyone in the hotel is smiling (except those leaving of course) :rotfl:

Chris

the sound of the train whistle at MK!

(we live next to a train track, but it's not the same!)

OK, this could be corny, but when I'm on either Magical Express going to our resort, or on the Disney transportation buses headed to one of the parks. When they start the announcements, it means that we are actually, truly there. It really starts my adrenalin.

I also get excited just listening to the various theme music they pump in to all of the parks.

Going into a hotel and they say "Welcome Home" I love it, or have a magical day, and just the disney music, makes me just smile and know that I am home

"Off to Never-Never Land...and here we go!
Think of the presents you've brought
Any merry little thought
Think of Christmas, think of snow
Think of sleigh bells Here we go!
Like a reindeer in the sky
You can fly! You can fly!
Soon you'll zoom all around the room
All it takes is faith and trust
But the thing that's a positive must
Is a little bit of pixie dust
The dust is a positive must
You can fly! You can fly!"

Also the train whistle.:thumbsup2

I also love to hear the gasp that comes from my DW when we come through the tunnel and see the castle. It is always the same and I always love it!!!:love:

The Echo of...."Dead Men Tell No Tales."....the chirps the of seagull, whistle of wind....and thunder in the distance....

My favorite part is hearing, "Welcome to Walt Disney World - are you checking in today?" The vacation has begun!!!!! :cool1:

I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street USA!!!!

I start getting excited when the pilot says, "we should have you folks on the ground in about ten minutes." Then retrieve my bags, get the car, and off to the parks. Of course, I cannot forget the adrenelin rush of hearing the music from Spectromagic.:goodvibes :cool1:

The train whistle at MK

ME TOO!!! There is nothing like being on the monorail and pulling up to MK, seeing Cinderella's castle and hearing the train whistle. It brings tears to my eyes and a big Kool-Aid grin to my face.

For me its

"Hang on to them Hats & Glasses, Cuz This Here's the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness"

Love that line too, but usually by the time I hear it I already know I'm in WDW.

The monorail at MCO is a biggie for me. I just love that airport.

I'll never forget our first trip after 9/11. It was the spring of 2002, and airports were at their freakiest high alert levels....WE arrived into MCO, and there WAS a police officer in the airport...but he was dressed in yellow, riding a bike in the terminal, and he said, "Hello, welcome to Orlando!" as everyone walked out of the rampway! It was SO much nicer than any other airport at the time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter