you know what

goob9954

Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow
I don't get how all these people make up these rumors just to get people worked up and ranting and raving. I think you should have to have proof that something is happening before you post a rumor or something of that nature.

I don't get how all these people make up these rumors just to get people worked up and ranting and raving. I think you should have to have proof that something is happening before you post a rumor or something of that nature.
By definition, a rumor is something that has no "proof" -- perhaps evidence, but not proof.

People are welcome to post any rumors they heard or read somewhere. And there's no way to prevent someone from posting something they made up themselves or that a Disney cast member made up.

The rest of us on this forum can then analyze those rumors based on the evidence posted, our knowledge of how Disney operates, the history of the rumor (some rumors have been around or a decade or more), and looking at things from a business perspective rather than just a fan perspective.

When someone quotes Al Lutz, who appears to have multiple excellent inside sources, the rumor has more credibility than something that someone read on another board or heard from a WDW cast member. When someone posts evidence such as legal documents filed with regulatory agencies, the rumor has more credibility than when someone just posts something a WDW bus driver said.

What's the name of this thread agian? Oh, thats right the RUMORS thread.........

:cool1: Lots of fun here! I guess I am too goofy to notice the "ranting". Good grief - maybe we could rename this Rumors and Fantasies Board. Keep up the good work! :worship: :thumbsup2 I don't need a reality check, thank you. :cloud9: :3dglasses

Making me wonder--how many of the rumors we've read about have actually come true?? Percentage wise?

While we're on this topic, it would be a good idea to point out just how things like rumors can only be speculation, even after a project is greenlit, it still may never see the light of day.

The top imagineer on a project could come here and spread rumors about a project actually happening and the next day it could be canned for some reason.

One of these examples of something that went WAY past the greenlit stage and never completed is the Pop Century Legendary Years. It's a constant reminder of how outside forces can change even the completed plans for a project.

So while we site here discussing how off-the-wall some rumors are, or how they'd never happen, much of it could be green-lit or in full planning stages and still never see the light of day. That doesn't make the people spreading the rumors any less useful, it's just that they have no control over the final decision making process.

I enjoy reading rumors, even if most of them never happen its fun to always imagine! And isn't that what Disney is all about?

It might be appropriate in many cases, though never an actual requirement, to post the source of a rumor (Cast Member, bus driver, your sisters' hairdresser's mailman's brother, etc.). We can analyze the rumors, but a few months ago there was a rumor posted where the person who posted it later admitted to making the whole thing up - and that is uncalled for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter