You have ARRIVED IN ORLANDO!!

brunette8706

DIS Veteran
What is the first thing you do when you arrive at your resort?

Do you go to the World?

Grab something to eat?

Shop?

Go to DTD?

hit the pool?

Plan for the parks?

What?

I'll be going December 28th for New Years Eve! I can't wait! LoL

It really depends. DH and I usually fly out early in the morning so we head to our resort and check in, dump our carry-on gear (our villa usually isn't ready when we arrive) and head to MK. If we arrive in the afternoon, our villa is usually ready so we head there, dump our gear, put groceries away and head to MK. Having said that, we have APs and before that we had tickets for our entire length of stay. Our big trip next Oct, however, we are arriving in the evening on a Thurs (why get up at 4am, may as well fly down after work) and we will probably just go to DTD to grab some dinner and then get to bed at a reasonable hour so we can be ready for the parks first thing in the am. However, it would not surprise me if we got in and if there is no party at MK that night we will probably go to MK. Everyone is different and some people like to relax on their travel day, hit the pool (if you are planning to do that, make sure you have your suit in your carry on if you are using ME). We usually hit MK because I can't stand not to ride POTC the minute we arrive. If you're up for it, I say hit the parks, but that is not for everyone, especially depending on the the type of ticket you may and what time you actually arrive.

I check in ....... j/k

It's a long day from Idaho to Florida so I would say the first thing we do is eat.

Always go to epcot for lunch. We stay either in the Boardwalk or Beach Club so it's a quick walk.

Get to a park as fast as possible!

Last year we went right to Epcot, and had counter service in Mexico.

this year the plan is straight to DHS for an ADR at 50's PTC and the last night of Osborne Lights!

I can't just chill at the hotel when I know the parks are so close. I plan our trips with heavy touring the first few days and chill out time with few plans the last few days.

Every time I have ever gone, we head straight to the parks. Except when I was 3 apparently. But I don't remember that, so it doesn't count.

I usually take pictures of the room (before it is cluttered) then I usually take a nap, or hit the pool

It depends on who we're going with and what time we arrive.

If we're with Dh's family, we stay off-site. So we'll check in and generally unpack. If it's lunchtime, we head to Earl of Sandwich and if it's dinner time, we head to Bonefish. YUM!

If it's just us, we'll stay onsite and check in. We'll drop off our stuff and head to MK for a few rides and a sit down meal. I like to try for CRT or CP for a late lunch or early dinner. It's usually a short day for us though b/c I get the earliest flight available :rotfl: and we're tired.

Unfortunately, it's been about 4 years since we've been able to stay onsite.

We'll be arriving 2 weeks from tomorrow. Plane lands at 10:30...PM. What with getting a car, driving, checking in, I guess we'll just be going to sleep.

Last trip, we arrived around 6 pm. We changed into swimming suits and checked out the hotel and the pool.

Magic Kingdom, baby!! Seriously we dump our stuff, change, and hit up the MK... we waste no time! Ok, last time I stopped by the pool bar and got a pina colada, but that wasn't wasted time, lol.

Magic Kingdom all the way. This year we'll be arriving around noon, drop stuff off, head to MK, and then have dinner at CM. Then, back for Wishes. Can't wait!!!!!!

I don't know yet. I'll let you know the end of June next year.

My plans are with 2 young girls and a wife in tow...

Saturday - Driving down about 12 or so hours from PA. Spend the night somewhere in Georgia.

Sunday - Should have a mere 4 hours to go. Plan to leave to get there around 11am or noon. Will stop to eat lunch early on the way. According to what I am researching, rooms won't be available until 3. Kids will be amazed with only when we pull in to POP I'm sure. They won't understand what is about to hit them yet. Planning to park the car, jump on the nearest bus (once I'm oriented with it) and heading right over to Magic Kingdom.

Dinner in MK with a counter service ticket saving the table service for Hoop Dee Doo later on in the week (I think that is 2 TS tickets...)

Check in.........relax by the pool if it is a nice day......then a nice dinner. We leave the parks for the next day when we are fresh.

I don't know yet. I'll let you know the end of June next year.

My plans are with 2 young girls and a wife in tow...

Saturday - Driving down about 12 or so hours from PA. Spend the night somewhere in Georgia.

Sunday - Should have a mere 4 hours to go. Plan to leave to get there around 11am or noon. Will stop to eat lunch early on the way. According to what I am researching, rooms won't be available until 3. Kids will be amazed with only when we pull in to POP I'm sure. They won't understand what is about to hit them yet. Planning to park the car, jump on the nearest bus (once I'm oriented with it) and heading right over to Magic Kingdom.

Dinner in MK with a counter service ticket saving the table service for Hoop Dee Doo later on in the week (I think that is 2 TS tickets...)

Where in Pa. are you? We're in Johnstown, and when we drove, we first drove to our daughter's in the Maryland suburbs of DC-a 3 hour drive. It takes us about 1 1/2 hours to hit the Maryland border, on Route 70.

Next day, it took us another 13 hours to drive to the Wilderness Lodge, taking 95 almost all the way.

Same thing on the way back, between 16 and 17 hours to return to Johnstown.

1st - relax and take a deep breath when I get off the jetway - it just gets me in the vacation mood....

after the car pick up and arrival at WDW - explore the resort!

Normally, drop stuff off and then head to MK. This upcoming trip in May, we get in later so I think we'll just get situated and hit the pool. And go to bed to get some sleep before an early day the next day.

Depends on our arrival time. If we are early enough, we head to MK.
For upcoming trip, our plane lands at 630pm. We will need to eat when we get to Poly. Then maybe swim if the weather is mild.

We'll be hitting the pool! Unless we're hungry, then we'll grab something small to eat because we have dinner ressies at Chef Mickey's to kick off our vacation!

Coming from the west coast we usually arrive in the late afternoon. We get off the plane, get our rental car, stop to buy water and head for the resort. We never make dinner ADRs because travel delays can cause havoc so we usually grab some dinner at the POP food court. We love to visit POP but stay DVC so it gives us a chance to spend some time at a fun resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter