You Guys Part of the Family? You've Got the Magic In Your Eyes!!->Updated 10/19x3!!!!

Now that our bellies were full and our day had been made one heck of a lot better, we left Boma with the idea of heading over to the Mara to pick up our mugs and take in all the sites around that area, passing the pool on the way.

153_zps19d4bfaa.jpg

152_zpsc11011e4.jpg

Would we ever manage to swim here? You’ll have to stick around to find out! Ha! I got a pink mug, and my Mom got a teal one! I was a little disappointed to see that the mug design hadn’t changed at all this year, and was wondering, how do they keep people from brining their mugs back year after year and getting free refills for as long as that mug design goes on? Like, I don’t want to be a bad person, but I’ll probably do that on a future trip… I picked up some coffee for the next morning, and Mom got some decaf for now, and we looked at the little sections of food/snacks they had, and I did my best to explain what the quick service meal plan included to my Mom.

I said that we definitely didn’t have time to come down to the Mara in the morning for breakfast, but could pick up some snacks here for the morning, or go an hour or two at the parks before getting some food there, and she said she’d rather just do the latter, and make coffee in the room. So, we headed out to explore!

I will tell ya one thing, it is kinda confusing to get around AKL, as you have the lobby on one level, and have to go down to get out to Boma/Mara, upstairs to get to the room and all over the place, and there’s stairways everywhere, so it gets a little confusing at times, I know my Mom got lost a few times, haha!

17_zps6e8a0fbf.jpg

16_zps1892fe21.jpg

We went outside and sat around the little fire pit for a while, just relaxing, it was just awesome to be in Disney!

18_zpsedbc7fd2.jpg

19_zpsdd99d197.jpg

20_zpsf32e4586.jpg

Le sigh, there was so much amazing beautiful stuff to look at in Animal Kingdom Lodge, it was just awesome, I was so in awe. We wandered around outside a bit, just taking it all in and looking around the savannah, there were lots of animals all around, including some giraffes sleeping, lying down, they were so cute! While we were watching them and talking to a couple of the CM’s in the area, my Mom turned to me and said “you know me so well” and I asked if I had picked the right resort, and I definitely had.

Mom and I made a little stop at the gift shop to look around, and I found a sweater that I really liked (but never bought :( super sad face) and a coffee mug that I LOVED!!

154_zpse80e800e.jpg

In the end when I had my souvenir money I didn’t get it, as I couldn’t find the one I wanted, booo urns! After such a long day of travel and the gong show that it was, we were both really tired, and decided it was time to get back to the room, and get some sleep, but first, we had to stop at the front desk, as we still didn’t know how to get into our room properly! Turns out that they’re a new system where there’s a little almost holographic Mickey on the top corner of your key card, and you just have to tap it on the Mickey head on the lock to open the room. I’m also pretty sure this was explained on the card hanging on the door, but neither of us thought to look there. Ha! And now, I take you on a little tour of our room!

21_zps8757fa34.jpg

25_zpsbf466b5c.jpg

The bathroom area, two sinks, and the big mirror, which was separate from the actual toilet & bath tub, the shower curtain had some little Mickey heads on it as well!

22_zpsb8c4f9b8.jpg

23_zps51078fd2.jpg

24_zpsdc98c5ed.jpg

Across from the bathroom section was a little chest/dresser thing to store your stuff on it, to the left of it, was the closet, followed by the mini fridge! Also, can we talk about how much I love that they disguise the fridges as other things, or inside cupboards or whatever, it just keeps the themeing up so well!

26_zps5142223d.jpg

27_zps71c74be4.jpg

28_zps14d55c62.jpg

29_zps34d5a126.jpg

Then of course, the tv, which was soon turned on to Stacy as I got ready for bed, we had a very early morning the next day, and I was super exhausted after the one heck of a draining day that had been our travel day!

I love the wallpaper in the room!
Your pictures just reinforce the fact we need to stay there! My daughter loves the country of Afrrica (too many trips to AK!). She really wants to stay at AKL.

I love the wallpaper in the room!
Your pictures just reinforce the fact we need to stay there! My daughter loves the country of Afrrica (too many trips to AK!). She really wants to stay at AKL.

It's great! Haha, it was amazing. Mom loves Africa, and said that a lot of the AKL/AK aspects really are dead on (obviously there are things that are not haha) but AKL is definitely taking tops on a favorite of mine now!

It's great that the resort you picked out for your mom for her gift trip ended up being one she enjoyed so much!

Can't wait to hear what you think about the AOA LM rooms! Hopefully before our stay on halloween!

I love the pool at AKL it's so purty.

I agree, it's a little confusing at first to get the layout of AKL when you're staying there.

Oh, your room entry was using the RFID technology, that's awesome!

It's great that the resort you picked out for your mom for her gift trip ended up being one she enjoyed so much!

It was awesome!

Can't wait to hear what you think about the AOA LM rooms! Hopefully before our stay on halloween!

Hahaha! It won't be for a while yet!!

I love the pool at AKL it's so purty.

I agree, it's a little confusing at first to get the layout of AKL when you're staying there.

Oh, your room entry was using the RFID technology, that's awesome!

DEAR GOD IT WAS CONFUSING. Seriously, I dont know how or why it was so confusing for us, it just was!

Goood Morning! No Sleeping!!! The Halloween haunts were the ones to wake us up on our first official day of vacation! They had a little new wake up call that was all Halloween themed before Stitch interrupted with the usual banter! Yaaaay! Halloween is seriously my favsies! The phone rang bright at early at 6:50 for us! Errrrgg…my Mom wasn’t super happy with the super early morning, she thought I was crazy to have her up that early on vacation, oh the things she would learn haha! I took some time while getting ready to jump out on the balcony and take some pictures of our view!

30_zpsb94553c7.jpg

Straight out front of the balcony! Was that, and off to the right hand side was over towards the lobby.

31_zpse97fad09.jpg

Way off in the distance there were some Ankole cattle, and there were always birds in that little pond right out front, but the giraffes and zebras were not to be seen this morning…boo…another day!

32_zps465b955a.jpg

33_zps38c22ff7.jpg

My mom made some coffee in the room and I drank the cold stuff from the night before (and immediately regretted it, seriously I wanted nothing more than a hot coffee that morning…oh well, ya gotta learn somehow haha) We were out the door and down to the bus stop by 7:25, and on the bus by 7:30, super excited to be starting our adventure!

34_zpsa63c12a8.jpg

I’m pretty sure we were the only people on the bus that morning, or at least one of two parties, there definitely weren’t a whole lot of people going from AKL to EMH that morning, that’s for sure. We got to Epcot and got into the park right at 7:50, we were rocking this!!

35_zps4e2bc9fa.jpg

Since I knew we didn’t have a whole lot to do thanks to Test Track being closed, and a whole hour to do it all, we stopped for out first photopass pictures of the trip!

Photo0001FourBySix.jpg

Photo0003FourBySix.jpg

Photo0006FourBySix.jpg

Aren’t we lovely?! Ha! We followed the small amount of crowd that there was towards the Land Pavilion, taking it all in.

36_zpsd3f8389d.jpg

37_zpsa9c8b06e.jpg

38_zps54d403cf.jpg

I described Soarin to Mom on the way in, and explained that it had made me a little nauseous the last time I had been on it, and that I wasn’t sure about going on it again, so we grabbed some fast passes right away, and then talked it over, I told her she should go on it, but she was hesitant to go alone, and eventually, I manned up and said I would go on it and just suck it up, what’s the worst that could happen?

39_zps14745411.jpg

40_zps35084ee2.jpg

It was a nice and empty cue that morning!

41_zps2feab42a.jpg

42_zps0718ccb5.jpg

43_zps1afdb9a1.jpg

The ceiling in this part is seriously cool, well, the ceilings and lights in Disney usually are, haha!! We seriously walked right onto the ride, well, into the little pre-show area, and landed in row one! Yay for parties of 2, seriously, I find you get seated super quickly on rides, so if you’re a party of 4 or 6 of something, split up when they ask you how many are in your group!

44_zpsaebea0dc.jpg

45_zpsa450c833.jpg

Gotta love Patrick! Especially the “store all loose items, and than includes these little things” Mickey Ears…baha! So, did I end up throwing up on the ride, or after getting off it? Baha! NOPE! Not even a little sick feeling! Yay! I made sure to keep my head back in the seat, and try to focus on the screen. When I was little and we had to go to Imax movies for school I’d always get bad headaches/dizzy and stuff, and still kind of have problems with 3D stuff, I’m not sure why, but Soarin was okay this time! Yay! I seriously forgot how awesome it is, that ride is great! The music, the sights, the smells, everything is awesome, and I am really glad that I ended up doing it!

Kat after all of your TRs that I've read, I feel like I'm finally seeing your real, true smile. (I assume the rest of the time it's more of your 'performer smile'). This makes me so happy. You look truly lovely and happy to be in WDW with your mom. :goodvibes

Did your mom enjoy Soarin? It's such a great ride. I'm glad that it wasn't too bad for you this time around. :thumbsup2

Your poor mom thought she was going to sleep in and relax on this vacation? I bet you set her straight real quick. :rotfl:

Kat after all of your TRs that I've read, I feel like I'm finally seeing your real, true smile. (I assume the rest of the time it's more of your 'performer smile'). This makes me so happy. You look truly lovely and happy to be in WDW with your mom. :goodvibes

Did your mom enjoy Soarin? It's such a great ride. I'm glad that it wasn't too bad for you this time around. :thumbsup2

Your poor mom thought she was going to sleep in and relax on this vacation? I bet you set her straight real quick. :rotfl:

Hahaha! That's possible, I've also been working on smiling more with my teeth, and it's gotten a lot more comfortable with it now baha.

She did, it was pretty awesome, I'm glad it was her first ride experience, and not something like EE, bahahaha.

Catch up time!

I just LOVE AKL. The lobby is just breathtaking.

That is so cool that you had a safari view. I stayed at Kidani last year and had a view of the parking lot, which stunk.

I am so bringing my mug back on my next trip since it is the same exact design. I just don’t get why the CMs say nothing to the people with the mugs that are from like 10 years ago.

Soarin’ is just awesome. So is the ceiling. And so is Patrick. Ok, Soarin’ is just perfect!

Catch up time!

I just LOVE AKL. The lobby is just breathtaking.

That is so cool that you had a safari view. I stayed at Kidani last year and had a view of the parking lot, which stunk.

I am so bringing my mug back on my next trip since it is the same exact design. I just don’t get why the CMs say nothing to the people with the mugs that are from like 10 years ago.

Soarin’ is just awesome. So is the ceiling. And so is Patrick. Ok, Soarin’ is just perfect!

UGH ITS BEAUTIFUL. I nearly cried....although I think I'd cried all my tears out by the time we'd gotten there. :rotfl2: Haha I thought about getting just a standard view/pool view (which I had originally paid for) then I was all "Uhm....you're already splurging, just splurge some more! :cheer2:

Yeah, I'll definitely be bringing my mugs back next trip. I now have 3 bahah!

I loved it!!

Hey I'm a little late but following along. Can't wait to read your next update!

Yay!! :wave2: Glad you're here!

The next thing on our early morning adventures was something that I had yet to do in Epcot yet, yes, yes, I know, I know, it’s seriously surprising, but at least I was doing it this time around…Spaceship Earth!!

46_zpscd005edf.jpg

47_zps2e486eb4.jpg

48_zps2c2b1b04.jpg

I was intrigued to see how it was going to turn out, it seemed like a neat idea, but definitely not a thrill ride, haha. I also got a little nervous at the start when the sign’s all “dark and small spaces” ugh, no thank you…but really, not enough to worry about claustrophobia! No worries! (clearly I am crazy)

49_zps7ff5cd7f.jpg

50_zps7b9afb81.jpg

51_zps48003821.jpg

52_zps0c2c3234.jpg

Definitely a lot of cool stuff in there, though I won’t lie….I don’t remember a whole lot about what was going on while it went through the whole “past” part haha! Proves how much attention I pay to things!

53_zpsa33332b2.jpg

54_zps11e7f137.jpg

Then it was time for our future! (and behold, more ridiculous photos….)

55_zpsd10f9bed.jpg

56_zpsf0beea7d.jpg

57_zps143debbe.jpg

58_zpscc3b3866.jpg

…..I felt like we were going to be living in the Jetsons…seriously…that’s what all of this looked like! Haha, gotta love my childhood!

59_zps2c0a6c3e.jpg

60_zpsb049b9c8.jpg

We stopped to email the picture to ourselves, but didn’t really take anytime playing around on anything else in the exit room, I also liked that they’d pull up your picture and trace it back to where you were from on the globe, cool idea!

61_zps2639d2ec.jpg

Well…we were done everything that was open now…so what to do?! SHOP OF COURSE! Seriously…. Haha. I had bought an Ariel watch last Sept on a trip down, and the screen had kept popping out of the watch starting the Thursday before we left so I figured I’d just replace it while we were down there, so we headed over to MouseGears to check there. On the way in I also saw the Mickey ears I had seen in April, and really wanted didn’t buy, and then couldn’t find them again, so I snagged them up, along with some postcards. You see, I wanted to get things for my friends, but am seriously broke (all of my money goes into Disney and Dance haha) so I asked a bunch of them what their favorite Disney characters were, and figured I’d send post cards to them from Disney signed from the character! Yay!

Mom and I also spent some time just browsing and looking at all the awesome stuff out in the store, and a couple of the CM’s approached her asking if she wanted to trade any pins, and she completed her first pin trade of the day! Yay! (I had bought her a starter kit earlier in the year, and then ordered a bunch of Ebay to add to our lanyards to trade)

By this time we were slowly approaching 9:00am, so we headed BACK into the Land Pavilion to get some breakfast/snacks to tide us over until lunch. Now came the hard part of explaining the quick service part of the dining plan….seriously, it gets confusing to new comers, and I’d only been on it once, so remembering everything was a little hard, haha. I did check for my beloved fruit & cheese plate, but it probably would have been a full meal credit, and I really only wanted to use snack credits right now, so I passed, and chose some hard boiled eggs and a banana with a water.

612_zps255e51ab.jpg

Mom did the same, but got greek yogurt instead of the eggs, she said that hard boiled wasn’t her way to go, fair deal Mom, fair deal. It was good, pretty plain, obviously! With a quick stop at the bathroom, it was time to move on to our next destination!

I can't believe you went to WDW so many times and had never tried Spaceship Earth! I love it in there! Sure it's not thrilling, but I find it very peaceful and relaxing. The perfect place to take a break! :goodvibes

Ok, totally off topic, but something's been bugging me and I know you are the perfect person to ask. In fact, I may even have already asked you months ago, but forgot. :rolleyes1 Where, oh where, is Tiana's meet and greet? yes, I know, Liberty Square, but where exactly? I've been staring at a MK map all day and I can't figure it out. :confused3

I can't believe you went to WDW so many times and had never tried Spaceship Earth! I love it in there! Sure it's not thrilling, but I find it very peaceful and relaxing. The perfect place to take a break! :goodvibes

Ok, totally off topic, but something's been bugging me and I know you are the perfect person to ask. In fact, I may even have already asked you months ago, but forgot. :rolleyes1 Where, oh where, is Tiana's meet and greet? yes, I know, Liberty Square, but where exactly? I've been staring at a MK map all day and I can't figure it out. :confused3

Hahahahah yeah, there's still stuff I haven't gotten around to doing at WDW, some of it due to fear (RnR) and some stuff I just haven't done!

BAHA! Why on earth would I be the person to ask? :lmao: It seriously gets sad when the handlers start to know who you are.... :rolleyes: They greet in the little gazebo right across the bridge, it's kinda hidden behind the Christmas shop. When you're crossing into LS/Frontierland from the hub, you can either take a soft left turn or go straight, take the soft left and it's there!

Thank you! It's an area that I've never really explored, so no wonder I didn't know where it was. In fact, I think I only walked there once in all my time in the MK!!! And always with a purpose to get to some mountains...

That's one of the reason why I love WDW and want to go back again and again. No matter how much time you spend there, there will always be something new for you to try. :goodvibes

Thank you! It's an area that I've never really explored, so no wonder I didn't know where it was. In fact, I think I only walked there once in all my time in the MK!!! And always with a purpose to get to some mountains...

That's one of the reason why I love WDW and want to go back again and again. No matter how much time you spend there, there will always be something new for you to try. :goodvibes

Haha, no worries! I'm such a character person, I could tell ya where everyone is, and where you can expect people to pop up randomly. I know MK like the back of my hand, and better than the city I live in ha! :lmao:

It's amazing!! I love how there's always something new to do, and new things to explore! After this trip I got a lot more into the dining aspect of things and I totally want to do more ADR meals! They're great!

I can't believe in all of your trips you still hadn't done Spaceship Earth yet. For shame. :lmao: At least you rectified that this time.

Hahahaha, I have this image of you riding Spaceship Earth like "oh pretty, oh shiny, oh.....wait what happened?" :rotfl:

I can't believe in all of your trips you still hadn't done Spaceship Earth yet. For shame. :lmao: At least you rectified that this time.

Hahahaha, I have this image of you riding Spaceship Earth like "oh pretty, oh shiny, oh.....wait what happened?" :rotfl:

Hahaha, yeah, it was pretty sad, but at least I got to it this time around! Bahaha! That's seriously all I remember from the ride, it was cool, and the best part was when they went through your future at the end. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter