You CAN Wear White (or any other Color) After Labor Day Challenge!

lovetoscrap

Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there.
We have all heard that you can't wear white after Labor Day. But in this Challenge your goal is to pick one thing--white or not-- you can't wear comfortably now and be able to wear it the day after Labor Day!

I needed a new Mini-Goal for the PMS in a Healthy Handbasket Thread and wanted something CREATIVE! So I decided on this and anyone can join in.

Look in your closet and pick an item of clothing: pants, shorts, jeans, skirt, dress, tank top, etc... that just doesn't fit well right now. :laundy:

Maybe you can't get them past your hips.
Maybe you can't zip them.
Maybe you can put them on but you can't really sit down or even breathe.
Maybe you CAN wear it, but a look in the mirror shows that you really SHOULDN'T leave the house with it that tight.

You decide. But be reasonable. This is really only 2 months so you won't be able to go from a size 18 to a size 10. But if you set a reasonable goal, eat healthy, and exercise the right areas you should notice that something that doesn't fit so well right now, should slide on easier the day after Labor Day!

So post here as much information as you would like--
user name,
the article of clothing,
any history to this item?,
photos if you would like,
how you plan to reach your goal
are you a member of a WISH support thread already?
Any other WISH information you would like to share.

Then check back here to stay inspired and let us know if your item is fitting any better, or you are welcome to join me on the PMS thread (see my siggy for the link--you dont' have to thave PMS! :rotfl: ) for support. At the very least report back here on Sept. 4th and let us know that IT FITS and you will be wearing it AFTER LABOR DAY!

Cool idea!

I have this pink wrap looking shirt, I love but it doesn't love me. It fit one time and then I swear ;) it shrank in the wash. I would love to wear it again.

I don't own anything that doesn't fit now. But by Labor day I hope to be a size smaller and buy size 12 jeans.

LTS -- :thanks: for starting up a new challenge for us!!

I'm in -- there are so many things right now that don't fit me well, i'll have to ponder a day or two. I just told DD this morning, i have only 3 pairs of shorts that are wearable and they are too snug, she said buy new clothes and I REFUSE!! i have done this before and i must again. i went on 3 vacations since January and i'm paying for it! LOL I'll update later with my one clothing item for this challenge and why i choose it among the lot

how? I'm going to continue counting WW points/food journaling. I'm going to workout 5 days a week including 2 strength training days and incorporate yoga at least once a week. I'm going to limit alcohol to one night a week! :eek: that will be a tough one for me, not that i'm a lushy pants but DH and I do enjoy a beer on the deck in the evening :teeth:

Well here is mine:

I have 2 pairs of burgandy colored shorts that go with several of my favorite shirts. Neither of those shorts fit right now. Sure, I can put them ON, but being able to sit and breath is a requirement to wearing them out of the house.

So I want to be able to wear those shorts comfortably after Labor Day. Actually my goal is to wear those shorts and one of my shirts with them ON Labor Day!

I am doing sort of modified South Beach. I don't adhear strictly to the principles of it, but am pretty much in a Phase 2 of low fat, low carbs. I haven't been able to add exercise yet, but hope to begin some swimming laps next week when I get back from a weekend trip.

I don't own anything that doesn't fit now. But by Labor day I hope to be a size smaller and buy size 12 jeans.

That sounds like a GREAT goal for this challenge!

I just told DD this morning, i have only 3 pairs of shorts that are wearable and they are too snug, she said buy new clothes and I REFUSE!! i have done this before and i must again.

. I'm going to limit alcohol to one night a week! :eek: that will be a tough one for me, not that i'm a lushy pants but DH and I do enjoy a beer on the deck in the evening :teeth:

I know what you mean--I just had to buy new "fattest" shorts this summer and that was IT! I am not just trying to get back into my "fatter" shorts, with hopes of eventually being back to my fat pants by Christmas! :lmao:

I love "lushy pants"!!! :rotfl2: Just remember you want to go from lushy pants to skinny pants :thumbsup2 HockeyKat on our PMS thread is on a lowcal plan and she plans in her lowcal beers for each day, it is all in the planning!

There are so many possiblities, I just don't know where to begin.

My pick: a red suit that I saw in a magazine and loved so much I hunted it down through the magazine buying guide. I love the suit, and always got compliments on it. I can zip it, but like luvstoscrap, I need to be able to sit and breathe in it.

Starting July 1st, I have been walking every day, and tracking my calories, fat, fiber, etc on fitday. I plan to continue doing this, and being sure to get adequate water each day, limiting myself to 3 Diet Mount Dews per day (I am an addict, and this is a decrease over my usual 6 pack a day). I am doing the July weight loss challenge and exercise challenge (starting with small goals in both)

Good luck everyone

I'm going with the pair of shorts I bought at the BR outlet that fit except when I sit down and I feel like I'm going to die. I should have sat in them before buying them. Also the pair of khaki pants I bought and didn't bother to try on before shredding the receipt (for the record they were the same brand/style/fit as 2 other pairs I own that fit great).

I am bumping this up--there is still lots of time to join in!

Hey LTS!! I will join, why not! (since my name is in here anyhow :) )

My challenge is to be in a size 12. I can now pull off my 16s and my 14s are starting to fit/be loose (depending on the specific 14). I have two pairs of size 12 editor pants, in black and gray, that I want to be comfortable in by then.

I am doing a 1200 calorie diet that I track via sparkpeople, and 5 days of exercise a week. 3 are pure cardio (45 min on elliptical or 1 hour of ice hockey), and 2 are mixed cardio/weight training. I allow myself one cheat day every 2-3 weeks. And yes, I budget in a glass of wine or a beer in my 1200 calories!!

I am SO HAPPY to report that I wore my pink shirt on Sunday and got a lot of compliments.:cheer2: I'm so proud of myself. Now I just have to keep going...

Ok, I am joining late, but you know, I have a very nice blue skirt outfit that looks ok, but I would like it to fall even better on me. So, for my september birthday, I would like to wear it. That will my goal

Wendy

I love the idea of this thread. I know I'm a bit late, but I just need to join in too. My goal is to be able to wear my favorite pair of Lilly Pulitzer harvest patch pants this fall. I have owned these pants for years. I had purchased them for a steal on ebay many moons ago in a size 12. I think I was about a size 20/22 when I bought them, but I was determined to be able to wear them. They sat in a storage container for years along with a stack of other Lilly stuff that I kept buying for myself that I would fit into someday. (A very bad habit if mine). I was always tempted to resell all of the stuff, but never did.

Last year I started a diet in January, and by summer I was able to wear my summer size 14 Lilly's, put wasn't passing the plateau to fit into the size 12's. Low and behold on my birthday in Oct. I tried them on and while really snug I was able to zip them up. I wore them all day, snug and all. Here's the pic:
LillyPants.jpg

Sadly shortly after this I was layed off. I gained about 10 lbs back over the next few months while at home, and put on another 10-15 or so after starting a new job in NYC. (Way too many temptations!) My beloved Lilly pants don't fit anymore.

My goal is to put these back on again and have them fit perfectly. I've been working hard to reestablish an eating schedule for myself as that seems to really help. The more I plan my meals exactly during the week, the better I do. If I leave days "free" I tend to regress and want to go to Moe's for burritos or run out for ice cream. I'm also trying to work more exercise into my schedule. This is my biggest downfall. I leave for work at about 6 am and don't get off the train until 7 so finding the time is hard. I've been squeezing in walks to Central Park on my lunch hour, but need to work in more. I'm hoping this will really help out my efforts.

Can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing on their goals!:wizard:

Well I reached my labor day goal last week. I am now wearing size 12 jeans. I didn't expect to reach it so soon, since I had just bought size 14 about 5 -6 weeks ago.

Yay Christa!! I actually reached mine last week as well, in fact, I wore those pants to work today.

Congratulations Christa! That's fantastic. I don't think I'm going to making mine, but I'm making good headway.

IT IS LABOR DAY WEEKEND!

How have you done? Is your outfit fitting you? Sorry I haven't really kept up with keeping this thread going for support and encouragement, but I am interested to hear if you were able to fit back into something you wanted to.

I picked a pair of burgandy shorts and was actually able to get into them a few weeks ago. :banana:

I am wearing mine with no issues. Yay that you made your goal!!:yay:

However, September for me is shot... WDW trip coming up!! I am just hoping not to gain too much.

well, I didn't accomplish my goal. I am full of excuses, but the main thing is, I didn't try!! I didn't exercise, and I didn't watch what I ate.

I still have til Sept 14th for my goal date. I expect wonderful things!

Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter