You can spit on Space Mountain from here! An April '13 TR UPDATED 10/19 p. 28

Getting all caught up on the updates I missed while we were out of town!

Nothing like walking over to MK on your first night, I guess. :cloud9: Too bad Thunder Mountain was crazy. It's so far off in the corner of the park that it really makes it even worse when you realize you can't go on because then you have so much back tracking to do!

The Tangled bathrooms!!! Never been so excited for bathrooms in my entire life. :rotfl: Now from your pics, I know I need to check it out both during the day and lit up at night!

But yay for Storybook Circus! Since we missed any of the New Fantasyland stuff on our October trip, Storybook Circus was the only "new" (to us) thing that we got to experience. Loved it! Your pics with Daisy & Minnie are so adorable. I love their little costumes! Just wish it was easier to meet all 4 in there at the same time.

Wishes from the balcony! What a way to start off your trip!

That stinks about there being more people than you expected at the EMH. And stinks even more about Little Mermaid not running yet! It's such a cute ride (rode it at DCA) but I'm so STINKIN' EXCITED about seeing Eric's castle!!! Always been my favorite of the movie castles since I was little. So while the ride is the same as at DCA, I'm so excited about seeing the queue in MK!

It looks like even though there were more people than you expected at the gates, your first 7 am EMH was a success! :thumbsup2

Great updates!!:thumbsup2

I was behind but I'm all caught up now!!:goodvibes

Wow! What view you had!:lovestruc

The new Rapunzel rest area looks so cute!! I love that movie so I'm anxious to see it myself.:)

Your pictures really make me want to stay at BLT!! Seeing Wishes from your room looks amazing!!

Aww...I'm so excited to see the new Fantasyland!!! Glad you got to ride BTMRR! So much fun!

Well we are back from BLT and LOVED it! The studio was actually bigger than I thought it would be and our view was AWESOME :) It was LV but we were happy to see the MK from the bridge and the elevator areas :goodvibes All caught up and hopefully starting my TR soon (if photobucket ever starts working!)

Extra Magic mornings are the best! It looks like you practically have the place to yourselves :thumbsup2

Your pics have me so excited for our trip. I cannot wait to see New Fantasyland :)

Yeah, even during peak season you can have a practically empty park if you're willing to get up!

Ahhh your trip is so soon! I saw Caitlin's facebook post about all the exciting stuff going on during your trip...so jealous!

EMH was the way to go that week for sure. The 7 AM opening was rough to get everyone to, but being BLT was so close, it made it a lot easier. You can get so much done during those first couple of hours.

We saw the mermaids in POTC, but they are hard to see if you don't know where to look and really it is just a flash of an image and then it is gone.

LOL about the Poke Ahontas joke. We didn't ride the Jungle Cruise this trip. Definitely next time !!

It was so much nicer just being able to walk to get there for the early opening.

Yeah, I may have actually seen the light but must've just been expecting more. Oh well.

Aww, we have to ride JC every trip!

I love jungle cruise. It never fails to make me laugh, no matter how corny the jokes are. Cannot wait to see new fantasyland in person!! It looks so beautiful in pictures. Also, I had no idea that EMH starts at 7 sometimes! I would so be up for that!

Pictures really do not do new Fantasyland justice. It is incredible, with all of the details. I loved everything about it!

As for the 7 AM EMH, they usually only do them that early during busy times, like spring break and winter break. So you can bet come December I'll be waking up at the crack of dawn again (especially since Christmas time is even crazier!).

That Jungle Cruise skipper's joke cracked me up. It reminds me of the other night when I had to call and make a change to our reservation for July. The Cast Member on the phone was delivering them left and right, but the one that sticks out the most was this one.

CM: "While your waiting, have you heard about the new cellphone policy for the parks?"
Me: "No."
CM: "Well, if you have any Apple products, make sure you keep them away from Snow White. She's scared of apples."

I told him that he should be a skipper on the Jungle Cruise and he laughed. It made the wait while making changes more entertaining. I'll have to look for the Pascal's when we go.

Aww, that is awesome about your phone call. Disney CMs are great. :thumbsup2

You have a great relationship with your dad! So refreshing to read about a father / daughter(s) trip.

I totally missed the mermaids on the POTC. I looked but didn't see anything.

7:00 a.m. EMH -- I could handle that!

Thank you! My dad and I have a lot of fun memories from our couple trips together. :)

The mermaids are right at the beginning of the ride...hopefully you can see them next time!

7 AM EMH are the best!

I didn't see the mermaids in the water either. Did you do Belle's cottage in new FL?

Yes we did do the cottage but we didn't get to that until our 2nd MK day.

Now there's another Princess's tower, looming over Liberty Square. :sad2:

Just kidding. ;) Actually I think that area looks beautiful; I was sorry it wasn't open yet when we went and would have regretted it even more if I'd known how it'd turn out. So just as well I didn't. :p

I didn't notice the mermaids when we were there, but I wasn't looking. Plus I think they're on the other side of the boat-? They were in the video I've seen, anyhow.

Yes, the Rapunzel area is so pretty. I love the lanterns and purple flags. Just like the movie!

The mermaids are on the left side of the boat. I think it's right before the little drop.

OH, the Jungle Cruise. Such a wonderful classic. Your skipper sound awesome!

Okay, since I'm super cool I skipped all your Tangled area pictures. I honestly have no clue what it's about but everyone keeps talking about Rapunzel bathrooms? :confused: :laughing: Can't wait to find out!

It sure is!

OMG Marissa, I can't believe you have been doing such a good job avoiding pictures of all the new things. There is no way I could have held out for so long. But it is even better being there in person. Sorry I didn't warn you about the Rapunzel pictures...I even thought about you when I posted them, wondering if you were avoiding those too.

Getting all caught up on the updates I missed while we were out of town!

Nothing like walking over to MK on your first night, I guess. :cloud9: Too bad Thunder Mountain was crazy. It's so far off in the corner of the park that it really makes it even worse when you realize you can't go on because then you have so much back tracking to do!

The Tangled bathrooms!!! Never been so excited for bathrooms in my entire life. :rotfl: Now from your pics, I know I need to check it out both during the day and lit up at night!

But yay for Storybook Circus! Since we missed any of the New Fantasyland stuff on our October trip, Storybook Circus was the only "new" (to us) thing that we got to experience. Loved it! Your pics with Daisy & Minnie are so adorable. I love their little costumes! Just wish it was easier to meet all 4 in there at the same time.

Wishes from the balcony! What a way to start off your trip!

That stinks about there being more people than you expected at the EMH. And stinks even more about Little Mermaid not running yet! It's such a cute ride (rode it at DCA) but I'm so STINKIN' EXCITED about seeing Eric's castle!!! Always been my favorite of the movie castles since I was little. So while the ride is the same as at DCA, I'm so excited about seeing the queue in MK!

It looks like even though there were more people than you expected at the gates, your first 7 am EMH was a success! :thumbsup2

It did stink walking back there and having it be so crowded but I wasn't too surprised and atleast we got to ride it the next morning anyway. :)

YES, definitely check out the bathrooms at night too! It is so pretty all lit up.

The Side Show characters were all adorable in their outfits. It does sort of stink that you can only meet 2 at a time and then you have to get into the other line but the 2 times we went in there I think we easily could have met them at once (if I had wanted to wait...but I didn't. haha).

It was pretty cool watching Wishes out on our balcony while we waited for Emma to come over. :thumbsup2

Ohhh yeah, Prince Eric's Castle is beyond incredible. The other day I was looking up the DCA version because I was curious about what their ride building looked like. I knew they didn't have a castle but yeah, WDW definitely won out getting Prince Eric's Castle!

Can't beat AM EMH! :thumbsup2

No, you really can't. They are awesome.

Great updates!!:thumbsup2

I was behind but I'm all caught up now!!:goodvibes

Wow! What view you had!:lovestruc

The new Rapunzel rest area looks so cute!! I love that movie so I'm anxious to see it myself.:)

Your pictures really make me want to stay at BLT!! Seeing Wishes from your room looks amazing!!

Aww...I'm so excited to see the new Fantasyland!!! Glad you got to ride BTMRR! So much fun!

Thanks Angie! Glad you are caught up now. :)

I know, it was definitely the best view we've ever had on a trip! You should try to stay there if you ever get the chance. I loved it! And nothing compares to seeing Wishes out your window/from your balcony!

Do you have a return trip planned any time soon so you can see New Fantasyland (and also the Rapunzel area, haha!)?

Well we are back from BLT and LOVED it! The studio was actually bigger than I thought it would be and our view was AWESOME :) It was LV but we were happy to see the MK from the bridge and the elevator areas :goodvibes All caught up and hopefully starting my TR soon (if photobucket ever starts working!)

YAY, glad to hear you enjoyed BLT! Let me know when you start your TR. I am anxious to hear more about your trip and see your pictures. :)

i've yet to have a really good skipper on Jungle cruise,but I keep hoping

Aww, really? We've had a few good ones. I hope one of these days you get a fun one! It makes the ride so much better when they're into their role.

Our skipper on the Jungle Cruise was awful. He kind of made me wonder why we even bothered!

Aww, that stinks. I only remember having one really bad one. He was an older guy and was sitting down the entire time. It was strange. :worried:

i've yet to have a really good skipper on Jungle cruise,but I keep hoping

Most of my kids had a terrific lady skipper their first time -- since then, no one else compares. All the ones I've had were fine, but now I have to listen to, "He was okay, but not as good as that lady we had the first time" after every ride. :rolleyes2 So there's a downside to getting a really good one. ;)

Just started reading your first post. Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I think with the excitement of going to WDW in April and then being home, time slips away getting caught back up to real life.

OMG, you make the first day report so exciting and I want to do it all over again. I guess I am over my Disney Depression and my excitement is back. I saw you posting on Facebook your great view from your room. You take great pictures. I always forget and sit back and just watch everything.

Would you believe my dh was asking me about DVC a couple of times. I should of dragged him into one of the offices. Maybe next year. I think I would do a resell though. 40 & 50 = 90 and none of my kids love WDW as much as I do. But maybe they will come around when they get married and have kids.

Most of my kids had a terrific lady skipper their first time -- since then, no one else compares. All the ones I've had were fine, but now I have to listen to, "He was okay, but not as good as that lady we had the first time" after every ride. :rolleyes2 So there's a downside to getting a really good one. ;)

haha, that is true. That's kind of like the safari my sister and I were on a couple years ago. We had an amazing view of the lions (the male was even standing up for a change!) so now I expect to see that every time. :rolleyes2

Just started reading your first post. Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I think with the excitement of going to WDW in April and then being home, time slips away getting caught back up to real life.

OMG, you make the first day report so exciting and I want to do it all over again. I guess I am over my Disney Depression and my excitement is back. I saw you posting on Facebook your great view from your room. You take great pictures. I always forget and sit back and just watch everything.

Would you believe my dh was asking me about DVC a couple of times. I should of dragged him into one of the offices. Maybe next year. I think I would do a resell though. 40 & 50 = 90 and none of my kids love WDW as much as I do. But maybe they will come around when they get married and have kids.

No worries, glad you found my report now! I definitely get the excitement about going to Disney.

Aww thank you. The first day is always the best...I love finally making it to Orlando and riding the Magical Express to the resorts! And thank you for the compliment on my pictures. Sometimes I feel like I take too many and don't spend enough time just enjoying being there.

Oooh, really? That would be cool if you got DVC. Maybe if you did your kids would start to like it more. I love that we are in DVC!

WARNING: NEW FANTASYLAND UPDATE! This post will contain pictures/information about Be Our Guest.

(sorry Marissa!)

TUESDAY, APRIL 2, 2013 cont'd (part 3)

I was pretty bummed that the Little Mermaid ride wasn't working when we first walked through New Fantasyland, so I was crossing my fingers that I'd finally be able to ride when we got back in.

IMG_0193_zps146b59d2.jpg

When we got to Prince Eric's Castle, the ride was running but of course the posted wait time was an hour. On the way back in to Fantasyland we could see there was already a pretty long line for Be Our Guest, so we decided to get fastpasses for Under the Sea (which are located near Mickey's PhilharMagic, if you weren't aware of that) and instead wait to get lunch at Be Our Guest. Then, after eating we could go ride!

IMG_0194_zpse10e5b88.jpg

I don't normally do whole updates just on eating but I really feel like BOG is an experience in itself. So hopefully you won't mind a lot of pictures. :)

When we got in line, a CM gave us a menu so we could start figuring out what we wanted to get. Well, I already knew I was going to get one of those triple chocolate cupcakes for dessert but then I had to decide if I wanted the ham or turkey sandwich. In the end I ended up choosing the ham sandwich, or Croque Monsieur!

Since it was going to be a while before we actually got inside the castle, I took the opportunity to test out the in-park wi-fi. I posted a couple of pictures on my Instagram:

In line for Be Our Guest!
ipod8_zps180a8bbb.jpg

The Beast's Castle!
ipod7_zps51738272.jpg

And another one of the Beast's Castle.
IMG_0195_zpscd2d8a3c.jpg

Once we got into the castle, my first impression was WOW.

IMG_0196_zpsdbede6b3.jpg

It was all so elegant with the tapestries and banners and then the suits of armor lining the hallway. I think the best part was the background music of "Beauty and the Beast" and of course "Be Our Guest!"

IMG_0197_zps818af9a8.jpg

OK, I don't really like this picture of me but the chair was cool so I'm still posting it.
IMG_0198_zpscc216fe9.jpg

Then it was just about time to order. We went into a room with different kiosks where you place your order.

IMG_0199_zpsb42069f7.jpg

We got to use the new Mickey Head scanners (or RFID, whatever they're called...but I'm going to go with Mickey Head scanners :)) where you tap your ID card and enter your pin number. The CM was very helpful (Emma didn't want all of the toppings on her turkey sandwich so she showed us how to remove them) and then she gave us our magic rose.

We chose to sit in the ballroom-SO PRETTY!!!!!
IMG_0200_zps929aee09.jpg

It only took a couple of minutes before our food arrived. I was pretty impressed with those little magic roses and how the CMs are able to find where you're sitting. Not to mention they bring your food out on carts!!!!

Dad and Emma both got the turkey sandwich, and like I said I chose the Croque Monsieur, which is basically like grilled ham and cheese. There was also some sort of sauce on it. From the very first bite I was in love! Wow, that sandwich was so good! In fact I was enjoying it so much I didn't get a picture of it until it was half eaten. :)

IMG_0201_zps45318b83.jpg

Even though it was pretty big I ate the whole sandwich (it's pretty easy to work up an appetite when you're at the park for 7 am opening!).

Then it was time for the cupcake. I think I've sort of become a cupcake snob ever since we went to the Georgetown Cupcake store in Boston (ever seen the show DC Cupcakes on TLC? Yep, that's the Georgetown Cupcake I'm talking about. And yes, they have a store in Boston!). I've had some good cupcakes but the one from Georgetown was amazing-probably the best cupcake I ever tasted. So I was hoping my triple chocolate cupcake would rank right up there too. OH MY GOD, it did not disappoint! That cupcake was so moist and chocolatey and delicious...it is making my mouth water right now just thinking about it. I LOVED it! I think I pretty much scraped every last crumb out of that wrapper. I couldn't let any of it go to waste! Dad got the strawberry cream cheese cupcake which he said was really good too (I will have to try that one next time...if only Emma could send me a box of Disney cupcakes...that would be nice). Emma got the chocolate one as well since she had one at her birthday dinner and loved it then.

After finishing our meal we walked around the other dining rooms just to check it out.

The enchanted rose!!!
IMG_0202_zps3701cc9f.jpg

IMG_0203_zpse4192ec9.jpg

IMG_0204_zps744a52ad.jpg

Dad told me to take a picture of this picture. They were all so cute!
IMG_0205_zpsf9923982.jpg

IMG_0206_zps02c774f1.jpg

IMG_0207_zps19d71b22.jpg

So, my first experience at Be Our Guest was great. I am not entirely sure how long we waited (maybe a little longer than half an hour?) but it was definitely worth the wait. The food was delicious and the whole atmosphere is amazing. Like so much of New Fantasyland, you are really immersed in the whole Beauty and the Beast experience. To be honest I wasn't all that interested in going there for dinner but I think at some point I'm going to have to try it. And there is absolutely no question we'll be eating lunch there again!

IMG_0208_zps7aa5b13f.jpg

UP NEXT: More New Fantasyland and my first journey "under the sea!"

I love this update! Eating at BOG is one of the things we've most looking forward to! We plan to go for both lunch and dinner, since Beauty and the Beast has been Caitlin's favorite since she was 2. I'm so glad it didn't disappoint and your pictures are great :)

Just read your opening morning at the MK.
I felt so confused going to the new FantasyLand and maybe I should of paid attention to more people's reports. My dh kept asking me, what is this, what is that. I told him, "I don't know."

Guess what stopped us in our tracks. At Gaston's Tavern, Tom Berringer was there and he was filming a segment for "Funniest Home Video's." They tried to keep people moving, but once you spotted Tom, there was no "keep going". I had to go to the bathroom, and they left you walk along the side, to the bathroom. My dh just wanted to sit and watch.:rotfl:

They must have "reshot" the scene at least 5 times when we were there. The Director kept yelling, "again". Gaston was over by us and he kept rolling his eyes at us. So much for staying in character "on stage" yet again, isn't he suppose to be arrogant? I snuck a few pictures in while we were watching, but you were not suppose to be taking any at all.

Edit: I came back at lunch to catch up. BOG looks amazing. We were in the new FantasyLand around 10:00. The Little Mermaid ride said 30 minutes, but we literally walked right on. Wow, was that a long walk-way. I cannot imagine standing in that line for anything. I enjoyed the ride, I wanted to turn around and do it again and I should have. I felt it went by way too fast.

At BOG, can anyone walk up to the Rose? Is it surrounded by tables?

I am glad you posted all your pictures, I hardly took any pictures of the New FantasyLand-I was just trying to figure out where everything was and if we were missing anything. I wish I could have gotten my dh on Dumbo-no one was hardly riding, both were going around with no one on them.

I cannot, cannot, cannot wait to eat at Be Our Guest!! :cheer2: 3 weeks from last night is when we eat there!

So, the FP's for the Little Mermaid ride are by PhilharMagic?

Aww, that stinks. I only remember having one really bad one. He was an older guy and was sitting down the entire time. It was strange. :worried:

Ours was an older guy too...I wonder if it was the same guy? He didn't put any enthusiasm into it at all. Basically just said the lines.

As for Be Our Guest...you should try dinner, even if you just go for dessert. It's a lot of fun.
I'm probably going to try lunch next time. I just hope the line shortens by my next trip.

That restaurant looks fabulous! I'd love to eat there in June but I'm afraid the lines will still be crazy. I'm going to try though.

I can not wait to eat at BOG this summer. I was able to snag a dinner reservation. I love that they have cupcakes for dessert for both lunch and dinner. I appreciate your endorsement! In my opinion having cupcakes is pure genius!

I love this update! Eating at BOG is one of the things we've most looking forward to! We plan to go for both lunch and dinner, since Beauty and the Beast has been Caitlin's favorite since she was 2. I'm so glad it didn't disappoint and your pictures are great :)

I know you guys left today...hope you have a great trip. Enjoy New Fantasyland!

Just read your opening morning at the MK.
I felt so confused going to the new FantasyLand and maybe I should of paid attention to more people's reports. My dh kept asking me, what is this, what is that. I told him, "I don't know."

Guess what stopped us in our tracks. At Gaston's Tavern, Tom Berringer was there and he was filming a segment for "Funniest Home Video's." They tried to keep people moving, but once you spotted Tom, there was no "keep going". I had to go to the bathroom, and they left you walk along the side, to the bathroom. My dh just wanted to sit and watch.:rotfl:

They must have "reshot" the scene at least 5 times when we were there. The Director kept yelling, "again". Gaston was over by us and he kept rolling his eyes at us. So much for staying in character "on stage" yet again, isn't he suppose to be arrogant? I snuck a few pictures in while we were watching, but you were not suppose to be taking any at all.

Edit: I came back at lunch to catch up. BOG looks amazing. We were in the new FantasyLand around 10:00. The Little Mermaid ride said 30 minutes, but we literally walked right on. Wow, was that a long walk-way. I cannot imagine standing in that line for anything. I enjoyed the ride, I wanted to turn around and do it again and I should have. I felt it went by way too fast.

At BOG, can anyone walk up to the Rose? Is it surrounded by tables?

I am glad you posted all your pictures, I hardly took any pictures of the New FantasyLand-I was just trying to figure out where everything was and if we were missing anything. I wish I could have gotten my dh on Dumbo-no one was hardly riding, both were going around with no one on them.

Yeah, my dad and sister were saying something about how they were filming America's Funniest Home Videos there one night. I am going to have to watch and see when that episode will be on TV (if I haven't missed it already).

haha yeah, I think Gaston is supposed to be arrogant. That's kind of cool you got some pictures when they were filming.

It seems like a lot of the time they pad the wait times, so it may not have been an hour but since we wanted to get lunch we figured we would just get the fastpasses. The queue area for LM is long but it is GORGEOUS. I kept saying before the trip how I would be willing to wait a long time just to soak in all of the details. But when it came down to it I really didn't want to wait that long. haha

Yeah, you can walk up to it. It does have a little railing around it I think and it's kind of in the corner of that room. Anyone could go up to it.

Glad you enjoyed the FL pictures!

I cannot, cannot, cannot wait to eat at Be Our Guest!! :cheer2: 3 weeks from last night is when we eat there!

So, the FP's for the Little Mermaid ride are by PhilharMagic?

YAY! So soon!

Yes, they are near PhilharMagic.

Ours was an older guy too...I wonder if it was the same guy? He didn't put any enthusiasm into it at all. Basically just said the lines.

As for Be Our Guest...you should try dinner, even if you just go for dessert. It's a lot of fun.
I'm probably going to try lunch next time. I just hope the line shortens by my next trip.

Hmm, that is a possibility. That is exactly what that guy was like.

Maybe we can try to get an ADR there in December, though that might be difficult since it'll be so busy when we go. But you never know! The cupcakes alone make it worth it. haha

Great update! :)

Thanks. :)

That restaurant looks fabulous! I'd love to eat there in June but I'm afraid the lines will still be crazy. I'm going to try though.

Oh, even if the line is long I would wait! Like I said, it's definitely worth it. Maybe try going shortly after it opens so you don't have to wait as long.

I can not wait to eat at BOG this summer. I was able to snag a dinner reservation. I love that they have cupcakes for dessert for both lunch and dinner. I appreciate your endorsement! In my opinion having cupcakes is pure genius!

That's awesome you got an ADR there. You will love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter