You can spit on Space Mountain from here! An April '13 TR UPDATED 10/19 p. 28

I'm here! I've been waiting for this since your PTR!

Yay! Welcome!

cool I'm excited for this journey :)

Thanks for joining in!

Oh! I'm joining in! Bay Lake Tower is my absolute DREAM resort!!

Welcome! BLT is AWESOME! I hope you get to stay at your dream resort some day!

--------------------

THANK YOU everyone for your comments so far! I am working on the first update right now and getting pictures uploaded. So stay tuned! I'm anxious to get started on this trip report!

OK guys, are you ready??? Let's get this trip report started!!

MONDAY, APRIL 1, 2013

After almost a year in between Disney trips, the day had finally arrived. I was going back to Disney World! AND I was going to get to see my sister later that night!

Our flight wasn't until the afternoon so I woke up around 9:00 or so. As much as I enjoy the early morning flights (who wouldn't want more time in WDW?!) it was pretty nice being able to sleep in. Plus I had one last chance to double check my luggage and make sure I had everything (I tend to be a last minute packer-though I did get started a little earlier than usual since I was in Michigan for Easter).

To kill some time before heading to the airport, I tried to be productive and applied for a couple of teaching jobs. I think I also might've posted on a couple people's trip reports to do some last minute DISing.

Around 11:30 Dad said that we might as well go since all we were doing at home was sitting around. Might as well do that at the airport! So Mom dropped us off at Mitchell International Airport and we said our good-byes. Mom also told me to say hi to Emma.

Oh, I should also mention that there was another family being dropped off at the same time and they had Magical Express tags on their suitcases. I don't know why but I always love spotting other people with ME tags. And then I'm so nosy I try to see where they're going (theirs said Pop Century). Before we went to check in Dad said to them, "Someone's going to Disney World!" to which the mother shouted, "YAY!!" Yes, going to Disney World IS very exciting!!!

Anyway, we then went to check in at the Southwest counter. The line was pretty long but it moved fast. I think it took maybe half an hour to 45 minutes for us to check in and get through security.

Once we got to our gate, I texted Mom to let her know. She replied to my text and said, "Call me." I didn't like the sound of that so when I called, she said that she was going to take my car out to run some errands and it wouldn't start. Great. Not something we wanted to hear before we were about to leave. It turns out that the battery was dead and needed to be replaced.

After talking with Mom, I went to get a snack to hold me over until we arrived in Orlando, where we would get our traditional arrival day meal. :)

Our flight departed about 10 minutes late but other than that it was pretty uneventful. I passed the time by listening to my Disney playlist on my iPod and Dad used Southwest's wi-fi to try and watch the Brewer game since we were missing their home opener.

After about 2 1/2 hours, we finally arrived here:
ipod1_zps65c6444d.jpg

MCO, how I've missed you! Dad said something about how it's always nice arriving there. I definitely agree!

We hopped on the fake monorail, went to the food court, and stopped here:
ipod2_zps0c76556d.jpg

I really have no idea how this tradition started but every time we go to Disney World we stop at Chick Fil A! It's just so good, and it's like a treat since we don't have any CFAs near us. We always take it with us and eat on the Magical Express.

When we got to the Magical Express Welcome Center, there was NOBODY there.
ipod3_zpsff19d306.jpg

We literally showed the CMs our booklet and walked right onto our bus.
ipod4_zps91206bf2.jpg

I posted this picture on Instagram:
ipod5_zps078e7161.jpg

There were only a couple other people on it so we got to sit near the front.
IMG_0106_zps0c9c1884.jpg

The only downside to no one being there was that we had to wait a few minutes before leaving. But that was fine because we had our Chick Fil A and we just listened to the Disney music. I LOVE THE MAGICAL EXPRESS.

IMG_0107_zps9e620d17.jpg

IMG_0109_zps9f19dc2e.jpg

By the time we did leave, our bus was still only about half full, if that (maybe because it was later in the day?). The driver announced we'd only be making two stops: the Contemporary and the Polynesian.

The bus ride was a lot of fun, seeing all of those familiar Orlando sights and of course the ME video. I was glad to see that it had been updated to include New Fantasyland and the new Test Track. But the best sight of all was this:

IMG_0110_zpsd6f8b88d.jpg

IMG_0111_zpsfde10fb8.jpg

WE'RE HOME!!!! YAY!!!!

By that point I was getting pretty excited. I couldn't wait to finally arrive at the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower! It was also awesome passing the Magic Kingdom entrance. MK resorts are the best.

IMG_0113_zpsa7a49af1.jpg

IMG_0114_zpse4c8f0e8.jpg

The Contemporary was going to be the first stop. Getting close now!
IMG_0115_zpse97ea28e.jpg

I definitely failed at getting a decent shot of the Contemporary sign. Boo.
IMG_0116_zps01dd9c06.jpg

WELCOME HOME.
IMG_0117_zpsb50c067d.jpg

The ME driver dropped us off in front of the Contemporary Tower. There were a couple of CMs waiting outside so Dad asked them if we should check in in the Contemporary lobby or over at BLT. One of the CMs actually took us into the CT lobby (though I do think you can check in at BLT as well).

We got our welcome packet and walked over to BLT. Our room number was 8218, which was actually the 12th floor. Dad had requested to be on a higher floor so they honored that request. Then came the moment we were waiting for. What would our theme park view actually be like? Dad walked in first, and right away he said how cool it was.

IMG_0118_zpsd653bcdd.jpg

I posted this picture on Instagram:

"Terrible Instagram picture but this view is AWESOME!!!!!!!"
ipod6_zpsdc03556a.jpg

Yeah, it definitely did not disappoint. We were SOOOOO close to the Magic Kingdom! And we also had a great view of the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian. It was AMAZING!

IMG_0120_zps26fff1a3.jpg

IMG_0119_zps4cff69e5.jpg

We must've stood out on our balcony for about ten minutes just admiring everything (it was also kind of cool watching the sun start to set). I was just so happy to be back in Disney World, and then to get to look out over Cinderella Castle and Space Mountain. WOW. If you read my TR from last April you know how much I raved about our Boardwalk view but I almost think this was better!

IMG_0121_zpsd6fb2d92.jpg

When we could finally tear ourselves away from the view, it was time to head to the parks! Any guesses where we went first?! ;)

UP NEXT: Emma's coming!!!

Wow, what a view! I honestly think I would pass out if I walked in my room and saw That beautiful sight.

Joining in. I am also from Milwaukee. Did you know that there will be a Chick-Fil-A going in across from Southridge Mall? It is scheduled to be finished in August. :cheer2:

I'll answer for Sarah about the studio with 3 adults. We really didn't have 3 adults there because Emma only spent one night in the room. That was our first night and she worked until 10 PM and then came to BLT so that she could come with us to the 7 AM EMH at the MK on Tuesday morning..

Thanks! I'm hoping it will work for us....2 adults a 3yr old and an infant! I'm also glad that the beds are comfy :goodvibes

Joining in. I am also a teacher. I'm lucky enough to live a few hours south and have the opportunity to go up for short weekend getaways. Can't wait for more of your report.

What would I do without Chick-Fil-A? I literally just had some on Saturday, hahah. WOAH, Magical Express looks diffferent!

I just don't even know what to say. I miss BLT so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :laughing: But really. I was on 'ELEVENTH FLOOR' so it looks like you were basically RIGHT above where my room was! Basically the same view!

i think the obvious thing would be to say you went to MK ,but sincei like to be different i'm gonna go with Epcot.

What an amazing view :thumbsup2

You are off to a great start!

It really was. We couldn't have asked for a better view!

Thanks!

Joining in!
Love the title as well, I can see why your Dad would say this!
Great view!

Welcome! Thanks for joining in!

Wow, what a view! I honestly think I would pass out if I walked in my room and saw That beautiful sight.

I know, pretty spectacular, right? It was fun being able to watch Wishes from the balcony too.

Joining in. I am also from Milwaukee. Did you know that there will be a Chick-Fil-A going in across from Southridge Mall? It is scheduled to be finished in August. :cheer2:

Welcome! Glad to have another Milwaukeean joining in. REALLY?!?! I am going to have to go there once it's done! Thanks for that little tidbit-I had no idea!

Thanks! I'm hoping it will work for us....2 adults a 3yr old and an infant! I'm also glad that the beds are comfy :goodvibes

Hope the room works for you guys!

Joining in. :)

Yay! Welcome!

Joining in. I am also a teacher. I'm lucky enough to live a few hours south and have the opportunity to go up for short weekend getaways. Can't wait for more of your report.

Ohhh, that must be so nice. I wish I could go more often. I get so jealous of my sister when she just goes to the parks on her days off.

Oh my gosh that VIEW is awesome! Good luck on your applications as well :)

It was amazing. Thanks!

Yay! Your TR makes me excited to stay at BLT next month! :banana:

Woo hoo, next month!!! Didn't you stay at BLT once before?

What would I do without Chick-Fil-A? I literally just had some on Saturday, hahah. WOAH, Magical Express looks diffferent!

I just don't even know what to say. I miss BLT so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :laughing: But really. I was on 'ELEVENTH FLOOR' so it looks like you were basically RIGHT above where my room was! Basically the same view!

Gah, lucky you for having CFA the other day. I could go for some chicken nuggets right about now. haha Oh really?! I thought it looked the same. :laughing:

Aww, I miss it too and I was just there a few days ago. :( I am so glad we got the chance to stay there. It was great.

i think the obvious thing would be to say you went to MK ,but sincei like to be different i'm gonna go with Epcot.

haha, you will find out soon! popcorn::

I'm here :) Sorry it took me so long to find this and comment on it, I haven't been the best DIS-er lately!

Oh eM Gee !!! That view is the Bomb-diggity !! Now I'm jealous !! We are definitely getting theme park view next time !! Wow !!

We checked in at the BLT lobby, so I guess you can do both. They told us at the gate to go to the BLT lobby. We had the friendliest CM's there. Loved those guys.

Yay, you started!! :cool1:

Love the title. :thumbsup2 That view is so amazing! What a way to spend a week in WDW. I'm glad your travel day went well. Ours typically either go perfectly smooth or horrendous! :lmao:

Hi Sarah! I'm a little late to the TR, but I just returned today from AKV :)

I just love your view, fabulous. High floors definitely have the best views, and MK right there just waiting for you to check it out. I will say you headed there first. Can't wait to hear all about the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter