You can ride TT or Soarin but not both...agghh!

you completey avoided the question.

did they reduce the # of fast passes issued on TT?

yes or no.

Nope, they did not, they simply redistributed them. But, I was referring to this claim...

those two rides will carry the same number of passengers as they did a year ago.

If you can't ride them both in a day, it isn't because of tiered fast pass+ system.

I can only ride TT or Soarin a total of one time a day, where in the past I could ride it three or four or five times. It is because of tiering and FP+.

why? are more people riding TT now?

I don't think your math is correct.

FP "+" limits everyone to just one FP for soarin Or TT.

That is why I think it is silly to use FP at that park. If I book soarin, there is nothing else to use the other two on.

I don't think you really even need to rope drop.. Depending on the day/time of year you're going, you can get on TT in about 30 min- an hour (averagely) so FP+ Which ever is busier and wait on the second :)

Nope, they did not, they simply redistributed them. But, I was referring to this claim...

I can only ride TT or Soarin a total of one time a day, where in the past I could ride it three or four or five times. It is because of tiering and FP+.

This is my problem with the new system, too. We used to get at least two FP for TT and 2 for Soarin in one day. That is no longer posible. We always have a touring plan and refuse to wait on any line over 30 min. This means we now will be riding these rides fewer times. We can ride one ride once with a FP+ and the other ride once only if we arrive at rope drop.

FP "+" limits everyone to just one FP for soarin Or TT.

That is why I think it is silly to use FP at that park. If I book soarin, there is nothing else to use the other two on.

yes, everyone is limited to one tt or one soarin FP.

but TT and Soarin will move the same total number of riders through as it always did.

so here is the plain ol truth: If you find you can't ride those as much as you did in the past, someone else was really getting the screw job. You are basically mad because someone else is being able to ride the ride now, when in the past they were getting shut out.

If my kids were mad about it, I would explain it in such a way. allow them to understand that they need to share the park, not be mad because they have to share the park.

I don't think you really even need to rope drop.. Depending on the day/time of year you're going, you can get on TT in about 30 min- an hour (averagely) so FP+ Which ever is busier and wait on the second :)

Not in the summer.

those two rides will carry the same number of passengers as they did a year ago.

If you can't ride them both in a day, it isn't because of tiered fast pass+ system.

but TT and Soarin will move the same total number of riders through as it always did.

so here is the plain ol truth: If you find you can't ride those as much as you did in the past, someone else was really getting the screw job. You are basically mad because someone else is being able to ride the ride now, when in the past they were getting shut out.

If my kids were mad about it, I would explain it in such a way. allow them to understand that they need to share the park, not be mad because they have to share the park.

I haven't said I was mad. Sad... Not mad. Exasperated but not mad. Frustrated yes. Disappointed ::yes::. But not mad.

In addition to that, my comments were strictly about using FP not standby. It is a fact that I can only get 1 useful FP in Epcot. That is less than the number I got before. That is not worth wasting them in that park.

From a strategic standpoint, I would rather use mine elsewhere and simply not ride soarin.

I haven't said I was mad. Sad... Not mad. Exasperated but not mad. Frustrated yes. Disappointed ::yes::. But not mad.

In addition to that, my comments were strictly about using FP not standby. It is a fact that I can only get 1 useful FP in Epcot. That is less than the number I got before. That is not worth wasting them in that park.

From a strategic standpoint, I would rather use mine elsewhere and simply not ride soarin.

the op explained his kids were mad. sorry for the confusion. If my kids were also mad, I would explain it in such a manner so they would understand.

I do understand where your coming from, as we are a family that do 3wk trips and normally not one early morning happens!

We have never been to a rope drop, and the only time we got up early was so the kids could fight Darth at HS!

However dh is deployed when we normally go this year and so we have no choice but to go from June 17th till July 8th, which means coming from the UK we will be, hot,tired, and not used to the crowds...

Meaning we have to change the way we tour or get nothing done! So we are getting up early every other day, doing rope drop then coming back to swim rest then going out again till late on the night we get to sleep in!
We understand that if we want to ride the rides with low waits then we have to suck it up!
This includes twins of 9 an autistic 11yr old and me who had had major head surgery last yr and chemo! It's not the way I want to do things but I'm nog paying all that money to get a few extra ZZZs and long waits!

I really hope you have a good time.

Exactly. This is why we are cutting our vacation short and going elsewhere. There is not enough to do at Epcot to warrant spending $100.00 for a park ticket to have Disney limit my ride time or to implement restrictions. Especially when my family also pays mega bucks to stay on property. We love riding the rides several times. Will one be able to ride a tier 1 ride a second time? Probably, but not without standing on long stand by lines, doing RD or riding just before the park closes.

We have done both RD and rides just before closing. RD works well (which we don't mind one bit), however, now that Disney has implemented FP+ and tiering, I can see RD becoming very crowded in order for others to maximize their park day. Just before closing, Soarin's wait time was still 60+, which I don't see changing, although I have to say that we were able to get on TT.

Single liners can work but not always. We have done this and waited upwards of 30+ minutes (so no real advantage) plus this means being separated from our family. We go on vacation to do things together, not to split up to ride rides in hopes to save time. Some may not mind doing this (in fact we have friends who don't mind single rider lines one bit) but this is not much fun for us.

In the past, if you showed up at rope drop, you could bounce back and forth between TT and Soarin with FP- several times, and still get to enjoy the other attractions that really don't warrant a FP. At least then I felt like I was getting the most out of my park ticket. Now, not so much. And I certainly will not go back a second day and spend another $100.00 just to get on a ride that Disney has decided to tier. I'd like to add that the same goes for HS since that park is now tiered and in general for AK and MK.

We are so hoping that Disney tweeks their new system to allow for additional FP+, taking away their tier system, letting one schedule 3 rides for any ride, even if it is for the same attraction, and allow for additional FP+ for those who have hopper park tickets. Of course, this is just how we feel. I am not writing this to try to convince others to see things my family's way, but I guess it just makes me feel better to vent. For those who love the new system, I am genuinely happy for you and wish you many "magical" visits to the World!

I can see RD becoming very crowded in order for others to maximize their park day.

I'm pretty much on record saying that will happen and continue to maintain that the window of opportunity when the park first opens will get smaller and smaller as more and more people show up.

It's not a very complicated "strategy" and it's all that everyone is hearing when they ask how they could possibly do both headliners on the same day ("Get there at Rope Drop").

Much like the early weeks in December when the parks had no crowds, everybody was told to go in early December and now it's just as crowded as ever.

I never thought of it in terms of single day admission because we always do 10 day tickets but yeah - that sure seems crazy to spend upwards of $100 a person for only one FP shot at a headliner and standby line for the only other one. Unless you truly believe Maelstrom is a headliner attraction.

Which I don't.

I don't know if this has been suggested yet but you mentioned you have a 2 year old and have done rider swap. You could do fastpass Soarin' for some people in your party and then do rider swap and then fastpass for Test Track for the other people of the family and then do rider swap there too. Each rider swap allows up to 6 riders (if I remember correctly) so some people that already rode can even go back and ride again! That way you only have to wait a short time between rides and you get to ride both rides using fastpass. That's what we are planning on doing in my group since we'd be using rider swap anyway.

I'm pretty much on record saying that will happen and continue to maintain that the window of opportunity when the park first opens will get smaller and smaller as more and more people show up.

It's not a very complicated "strategy" and it's all that everyone is hearing when they ask how they could possibly do both headliners on the same day ("Get there at Rope Drop").

Much like the early weeks in December when the parks had no crowds, everybody was told to go in early December and now it's just as crowded as ever.

I never thought of it in terms of single day admission because we always do 10 day tickets but yeah - that sure seems crazy to spend upwards of $100 a person for only one FP shot at a headliner and standby line for the only other one. Unless you truly believe Maelstrom is a headliner attraction.

Which I don't.

So sorry, did not realize you already mentioned what I posted. My family almost always does RD. So, at first we thought ok, maybe we could sleep in for a change with this new idea of scheduling our FP's, but this is not likely with tiering in place if we want to do our favorites more than once. As for the first week in Dec. Yup, we took mom that week back in 2008 and the parks were nice. Haven't been back during that time since.

When I mentioned the cost of a park ticket I just wanted to make a point. I am sure many families aren't as lucky as my family has been in that we have been fortunate enough to go every year since 2006. Some may only have the opportunity to go once, for a few days making their park ticket more expensive.

Like you, we normally purchase a 10 day non expiration fun and more park hopper pass but I am not sure it is worth it as the price has sky rocketed. We still have water park visits and a few theme park days left on our last ticket plus we have our AP due to expire the end of August. Just not sure what to do yet as far as future ticket purchases go. I'd like to see how things fully emerge over the next several months.

So when you go to a buffet, do you refuse to allow yourself or your children to take TWO chicken wings? Or *gasp* go back for seconds?

So sorry, did not realize you already mentioned what I posted. My family almost always does RD. So, at first we thought ok, maybe we could sleep in for a change with this new idea of scheduling our FP's, but this is not likely with tiering in place if we want to do our favorites more than once. As for the first week in Dec. Yup, we took mom that week back in 2008 and the parks were nice. Haven't been back during that time since.

When I mentioned the cost of a park ticket I just wanted to make a point. I am sure many families aren't as lucky as my family has been in that we have been fortunate enough to go every year since 2006. Some may only have the opportunity to go once, for a few days making their park ticket more expensive.

Like you, we normally purchase a 10 day non expiration fun and more park hopper pass but I am not sure it is worth it as the price has sky rocketed. We still have water park visits and a few theme park days left on our last ticket plus we have our AP due to expire the end of August. Just not sure what to do yet as far as future ticket purchases go. I'd like to see how things fully emerge over the next several months.

Your points are valid whether you spend $95.00 a ticket for one day or $700 for non expiration 10 day passes with water parks and more at the gate.

So when you go to a buffet, do you refuse to allow yourself or your children to take TWO chicken wings? Or *gasp* go back for seconds?

Or maybe you go to a breakfast buffet and tell your kids they can't have seconds (even though you paid for an "all you can eat" buffet) in case the people sleeping in decide to wake up and come.

We literally can't without sacrificing our sanity and destroying the day. Some kids can't function on a few hours of sleep.
The key to us enjoying our vacations is avoiding known triggers.

I get the few hours of sleep issue. But here too, there is an alternative. Don't stay until park closing and get them to bed early. Early to bed followed by Early to rise. Early in the parks, early out. It can work.
Once again, I see this as your choice, not an impossibility.

And I sure hope nobody is booking ADRs at restaurants they've been to before. How unfair is that? We need to share the privilege of paying $40 a head to eat at a buffet with everyone! Some people are so entitled...

I get the few hours of sleep issue. But here too, there is an alternative. Don't stay until park closing and get them to bed early. Early to bed followed by Early to rise. Early in the parks, early out. It can work.
Once again, I see this as your choice, not an impossibility.

I am not sure the payoff is that great. There are benefits to staying until close too. Cooler temperatures for one. The secondary rides are generally easier to get on, plus you have the night time entertainment.

This new system is much more limiting especially at the tiered parks. Although the OP could change their touring style to accommodate rope drop (and it is their vacation), they shouldn't be forced to do it. But it looks like that will be a necessity. I can understand their disappointment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter