"You can go to Disney without kids?"

I love taking my DD8, but It would be fun just to go with my DH for a few days. I might actually get to read some of the interesting stuff that's posted everywhere! I'm sure I will eventually get there for an adult trip.

We brought our DD last Fall when she was 8.5 months old and it was great to see Disney through her eyes. We're taking her back again this Fall, but we go as much for ourselves as we do for her, actually, more for us than her since she can't appreciate it yet. We don't plan to let her dictate our future trips, but we will incorporate things she would like to do as well as things we like to do and she'll learn to understand that it's our vacation too, not just about her (a mistake I feel many parents make - IMO).

I'm just amazed that people who've never been to Disney or cared to even ask about it assume that it's all about kids. Dh and I love it so much because of the wonderful customer service, beautiful resorts and the little details that make an attracation, but like many of you have said, most children may not take the time notice.

Looks like I have some Disney basic training to do with these 2 co-workers...

DH and I are going on an adults only trip in August and I've been feeling a bit guilty about it :guilty: ~ I'm glad I found this thread! :thumbsup2

I had a wonderful time with my girls on our past trips but DH and I have never taken a trip (anywhere) without them and I am really looking forward to being able to just go to whatever attraction I feel like at the moment instead of having to take a vote or decide who is splitting up to go where.

I'll definitely go back with my girls again but this trip is going to be a real treat for me! :lovestruc

we are going in Sept
this is the first time we have ever left the kids so we decided if we were going to do it we should do it the right way
we went in Feb on our sons make a wish trip and all we could think about is going back without strollers and diapers :rolleyes1
plus no kids fighting over where to go

Ya know, I've never been with kids, except for when I was one...lol.

Seriously though, when I'm there, I act like a kid...and why not? I run around, laughing and enjoying myself. We never grow old as long as we remain a kid at heart!!!

My friends still give me weird looks everytime I go on vacation. They ask where, and the response is always Disney. Then they ask if I always go there because of DW (no kids!). They just cannot grasp the concept that of an adult male enjoying Disneyworld :sad2:

People who can't understand going to WDW without kids are people who don't get out and have much fun anywhere. They limit themselves with their thinking and don't allow themselves to loosen up, get out in the world and explore. I'm so saddened by that type of personality. I have friends who are absolutely amazed every time I travel by myself (whether to WDW or England or crewing aboard a tall ship...) and say I'm their inspiration. Unfortunately, most of them never take the step to actually go do anything by themselves. If they can't find a partner of some kind to travel with, they don't go and they miss out on so many wonderful opportunities.

How awful to be so limited in your adventures and life experiences by nothing more than faulty thought processes.

I went on a grown-ups only trip in March. It was a lot of fun, but I missed my DS terribly!! I swore on that trip that I would never go to WDW without him again. Now that I'm further removed from the trip, I may reconsider, but I just have so much fun with the kids in tow. DS is still young enough to believe everyone he meets really is that character, and the magic in his eyes is indescribable. I am soooo glad I took him at a young age.

However, it was also really fun to go out and blow off some steam at Jellyrolls (I do not drink in front of or while on the same trip as my kids). Luckily we were staying at BC, so I just had to make it across the bridge without falling in the lake. ;)

We get this ALL the time.

DH and I aren't lucky enough to have children :sad1:, so we go to WDW alone all the time.

People always say the very same thing, how can we go and have fun, etc etc.
I tell them that it is impossible for them to know if they haven't tried to even imagine it.

They sometimes get curious and ask me to talk them through our typical day at Disney World childless. So I say:

We wake up at about 7, get ready, grab breakfast on our way to the bus, hit rope drop at a park, ride all the thrill rides and headliners within the first hour to hour and a half, then we take it very easy, go to a show, take pictures, we walk up to a sit down restaurant for lunch, have a nice meal, maybe a couple of drinks, then slowly walk, boat, monorail our way back to the resort, we change, go to the pool, hit the hot tub, the pool bar. We go back to the room, nap, shower, and head back out at around 5.

Then we either go to one of the signatures restaurants (with an ADR of course!) or hit another park to watch the fireworks show, or parades and eat some yummy counter service out of one of our favorite spots.

We could also hit the House of Blues if they have someone playing or performing that we wanna see, go to World of Disney, play with the toys at the stores, do a bit of shopping, go to Ranglan Road and grab a beer. We might catch a movie at AMC, or go on the Balloon ride or watch La Nouba.

In October we gather a bunch of our friends and we have an adults only trip to eat and drink around the world. We walk Epcot 3 times or more in one day, taste at least one thing on each booth, try and catch all the sets for Off Kilter, try and get picked by the World Showcase Players, watch the British invasion, and have dinner at Biertgarten to catch the show.

Then the next day we go on all the roller coasters on property hopping from park to park. And having a heck of a time.

If they listen to it all, they normally get it, and now every time I go and they see the photos I bring back they say they are jealous :thumbsup2

I had the same type of comments when I went on my first Disney Cruise this year, but after I returned and everybody saw my pictures, everybody wanted to go on one. :laughing::laughing:

Oh my god - this sounds exactly like mine and my girlfirends disney trips. Fantastic

My DH and I are in our early 60's and neither of us has ever been to WDW - and I can't wait. We're going in early September for our 41st anniversary and his birthday. We'll be there long enough (9 nights) to be able to take our time in the parks and still see / ride everything we're interested in. I even have one non-park day built in so we can swim - boat - play mini-golf - bike around the resort. We're staying at POR which I thought looked a bit more "grown-up" than some of the others. Love the idea of the boat to DTD - and the carriage ride. And of course, I'm constantly changing where we want to eat.

You'll LOVE POR! I used to always stay at the All Star Resorts, which are great for the value, but once I took the plunge and tried POR, I'm totally spoiled and can't imagine going back to a value resort! The landscaping is beautiful and even though there are still just as many kids staying there as there are at the value resorts, it really is much more serene. AND ... yes, the boat to DTD is a wonderful bonus!! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!! I leave for POR on my first solo trip exactly 4 weeks from today ... yippeeeee!!

DH and I are going on an adults only trip in August and I've been feeling a bit guilty about it :guilty: ~ I'm glad I found this thread! :thumbsup2

I had a wonderful time with my girls on our past trips but DH and I have never taken a trip (anywhere) without them and I am really looking forward to being able to just go to whatever attraction I feel like at the moment instead of having to take a vote or decide who is splitting up to go where.

I'll definitely go back with my girls again but this trip is going to be a real treat for me! :lovestruc

about going in August too, just DH and myself....I think it woudl be fun to go just us...but like you I'm feeling a bit guilty about going without our boys who are 11 and 13. They have both been.....once...and that was the only time dh has been....I've been one other time when I was a child. It's a great value trip though........and our boys would at least be at their grandparents (who live on a lake) I might add...........should we go for it??? :confused3

OMG! You can totally go to WDW without kids. Heck, we went for our honeymoon! It is so much fun. My husband and I have been at least twice a year for the past 10 years.....without children. It has been great! It is so magical. We have also been on a Disney Cruise (also on our honeymoon)! I would highly recommend it! Although, we will are excited to take our future children some day too!! I say to those wondering out there...Just do it!pirate:

We love WDW without kids. I know I don't have to explain to you why. Sometimes when I see parents with little children and the kids are tired etc. I say to my husband I'm so glad to be here without kids. I think WDW is a great place to vacation with a family. I am not anti-family.

I am so looking forward to my holiday without hubby or children, to what I want when I want. Yay!!!!

Why Sure!

I have been 25 or so times and only once with a kid. I have a high-stress job and Disney gives me a chance not to stress over anything. You will find a lot of people in the Health Professions feel this way.

Besides my single reasons for Disney, I met, dated and married my DH AT Disney. We met for the first time in person at the ME desk in MCO. We "met" right here on the boards. We had both been going to Disney as adults. We are too old for kids (46 and 44), so we will be continuing our "Adults only" trips, as we were both DVC before we met.

In October, we are celebrating our 2nd Anniversary with the Mouse and 8 of our closest ADULT friends. I have not been with such a large group before, (except for our wedding) but we have simple plans and will have fun together.

So, GO....leave the kids at home once...it's a whole different experience!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Just went for our 4th trip in 25 years, our first without kids. What a blast!
We had a 10 day trip and were still left without having done everything we wanted to get to! It was certainly our most relaxing Disney trip of the 4!

Today, for the first time since we booked over 2 months ago, I told someone what we were doing, and she said "I completely understand that! [her DH] and I have always wanted to go! We really regret not going before we had [her DD], we always thought it would be better to go at least once before you have kids! It's such a great place for adults [she's been to DLR] and then if you go later on with kids you get to discover it all over after you already know your way around!"

Yes, she does talk in exclamation points. ;)

I lovr disney obviously and have been to WDW with DH before we had kids and to DH just he and I after kids. To be honest it is the dead last place I actually want to vacation with with him when we don't have the kids. I want adults only!!! I don't even want to be slightly annoyedd by a loud or unruly child. I can go to disney any time I want I choose more romantic spots like in the caribbean to go to with my DH. Even Vegas is pusing it at so many people bring their kids to the more upscale hotels like Wynn and Bellagio. Don't get me wrong I love kids, I have them and countless friends over all the time, but when I get a chance for adult time I want it to be truly adult and yes I have just as much fun if not more then I have had childfree at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter