'You Big Fatty!' A delicious dining review- COMPLETE!!

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by mamaboogie, Aug 15, 2012.

1. mamaboogie

mamaboogie DIS Veteran

Apparently Simon got it online somewhere! It really did get an awful lot of remarks in WDW. Duffy Bear didn't like it though - a rival bear!

Thank you - it really was amazing :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyFansInLINY

DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

Love your reviews! V&A is amazing. I ate their on my honeymoon back in 2007. It's the perfect way to celebrate a milestone.

4. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

I have some serious catching up to do but............I am enjoying it so far! Thanks!! We like P37. My fav is the chicken sandwich.

5. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

Oooohhhh! That must be tough that she can't have a drink, legally, :rolleyes1 In WDW! I would feel guilty too. But not too guilty to go without! I am still reading! :)

6. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

All caught up. Loved it! Got some great ideas for our trips! :goodvibes
    Thanks again!

7. mamaboogie

mamaboogie DIS Veteran

You are most welcome! It's the school holidays here so I hope to get some more updates a-flowing this week! :)

8. Elmo9607

Elmo9607 DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh, those pictures of V&A brought me back to when I ate there. It is SO GOOOOOOOD. I saw the ash-crusted halibut go by and about died :rotfl:

I even got to go into the kitchen when I was there...the Chef, Scott Hunnel, is a graduate of the same culinary school I go to. We just mentioned that we were there because I go to the same school as Scott to the server when we were asked if we were celebrating anything. At the end of our meal, we were told we were invited back into the kitchen to meet the Chef and look around! It was a TOTAL surprise and very, very cool. I must say, that is the CLEANEST kitchen I have ever seen :thumbsup2:lmao:

9. mamaboogie

mamaboogie DIS Veteran

Now then...how could anything possibly compare with the awesome-ness of Victoria and Albert's? Of course, there isn't anything in the same league so the best thing to do is file it away and move on! There was still so much wonderful food to be had!

The next day found us having fun in Disney's Hollywood Studios and we ended up eating at one of our old favourites:

[​IMG]

Yep, the wondrous Sci-Fi Dine in Theater. We always enjoy ourselves here. It is such a cool, quiet haven from the busy park. We have always found the food to be tasty and satisfying even if it is nothing spectacular.

The menu had changed slightly since we were last there and I must admit I struggled to choose an entree (last time I had the beef and blue salad which I really enjoyed)

Anyway, I went with the cheesy dip and tortillas, which is a starter but I was told I could have it as a main:

[​IMG]

Sarah did the same except she had the loaded potato skins:

[​IMG]

Simon and Kate went for their usual burger:

[​IMG]

Simon had the apple cobbler for dessert:

[​IMG]

I absolutely love this dessert - the chocolate peanut butter dessert. Crunchy on the outside and all warm and gooey on the inside:

[​IMG]

We also enjoyed the lovely shakes they do there:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is our favourite clip:

[​IMG]

'I don't wanna grow anymore!' :rotfl2:

We did really enjoy it here again. Our server was slightly disinterested but it didn't spoil the experience too much.

Big Fatty Rating: 6 out of 10

Coming up: A new experience in 'Kouzzina' for us!

10. mamaboogie

mamaboogie DIS Veteran

So - the following day we were excited to be trying a new restaurant - Kouzzina! Opa!

We got to the boardwalk just as the restaurant was opening and we witnessed the whole staff walking outside for their 'team talk' before the shift.

We were soon seated in the very large dining room. We had been warned that this restaurant could get very noisy and it seemed it would be case as we were seated next to a large family party (about 20 people, mostly children!) But on the whole, it wasn't too bad an experience for us.

Our server was very good here - she was attentive and friendly and had lots of interesting information about the restaurant and the food.

I decided to try one of the many cocktails - I believe this was a Kouzzinarita:

[​IMG]

Organic blanco tequila, Agave nectar, fresh lime juice, and a splash of pomegranite liquer. It was yummy:

[​IMG]

For starters we decided to share the pita bread with spreads:

[​IMG]

I think we had the chickpea hummus, whipped feta with peppers and Tzatziki. These were absolutely delicious and we soon finished them off.

Onto the entrees. Kate and I both had the short ribs on feta mashed potato:

[​IMG]

This was amazing! The short ribs were so tasty and the mash was creamy and heavenly. We both absolutely loved this.

Simon had some kind of steak - possibly the rib-eye:

[​IMG]

This was Sarah's meal:

[​IMG]

I think it was a chicken dish - she seemed to enjoy it anyway.

Next up - dessert! Simon had the molten chocolate cake:

[​IMG]

Sarah and I shared the loukamades:

[​IMG]

These were scrummy yummy! Very sweet and stick and crispy on the outside. I'm glad we were sharing though - there's no way we could have eaten them all by ourselves!

To conclude - we had a brilliant meal here and we wouldn't hesitate to return. It was wonderful to try some different kinds of food and all in a lovely, friendly environment.

Big Fatty Rating: 8 out of 10

11. nanienamou

nanienamou Mouseketeer

Glad you had a nice dinner at Kouzzina. We really liked our breakfast there! :thumbsup2

12. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

Hey Shari
    Wonderful updates as always :)
    Nice use of the cocktail menu - love it :)!!!

13. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

Glad to see a good review of Kouzzina! We love the place but didn't get there on our last trip.

14. smile4stamps

smile4stamps DIS Veteran

All caught up. Your V&A meal looks heavenly! So glad we got to experience it this trip!

Kouzzina looks really good! I'm a fan of Greek food (except Olives! Yuck) so think I would really like it here!!

15. mamaboogie

mamaboogie DIS Veteran

Ooh breakfast at Kouzzina! There's a thought for next time...;)

Hi Linda! Was quite proud of my cocktail consumption this time round - still think I have quite a ways to go before I can compete with the master....:)

It shot straight to the top of our must do list for next time!

We weren't really sure what to expect - but we absolutely loved it! Thanks for reading :thumbsup2

16. mamaboogie

mamaboogie DIS Veteran

So - the next day Simon and Sarah deserted me and Kate to boldly go where no man has gone before....namely to Kennedy Space Center!

Kate and I decided to have a lazy day before wandering over to DTD for some lunch. I really wanted to give Wolfgang Puck express another go.

Kate and I both decided to have the pizza. I think Kate had the pepperoni and I had the four cheese pizza:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a really hot day so a big glass of ice cold sprite was in order:

[​IMG]

This was a lovely relaxing meal. It was very quiet in there and our server was very pleasant and helpful. The pizza was delicious - but too big for either of us to finish!

After finishing our meal we popped over to Goofy's Candy Company where I had to make my traditional pretzel rods:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mine were dunked in milk chocolate, with crushed butterfinger pieces and drizzled with dark chocolate. And they were yummy! Because it was so hot (and I was so full from lunch!) it was a race to get them home before they melted! But we just about managed it.

Big Fatty Rating for WPE: 7 out of 10

Coming up: Another new experience at The Wave!

17. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Hi there Shari! I'm sure every other meal at WDW paled in comparison to V&A but glad to see that you liked Sci-Fi (We love the Colossal Man clip too. Especially when he throws the syringe/needle at the man and pins him to the ground with it - you can tell that it is held under his arm!)

I've only been to Kouzzina for breakfast but your dinner options looked great.

Does this dress look familiar? :)
    [​IMG]

18. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

Morning Shari :goodvibes

Ooh those WPE Pizzas look yummy!

19. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Your reviews are wonderful I especially enjoyed Kouzzina's as we are trying dinner there for the first time in a couple of weeks. :thumbsup2

20. mamaboogie

mamaboogie DIS Veteran

That is a fantastic dress - what great taste you have! ;) Yes, we love the bit with the syringe too!

V&A was in a class of it's own but there were so many other amazing meals too. Thanks for reading!

Hi Linda!:flower3:

We really enjoyed them - we thought we should try some WP pizza for once!

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy Kouzzina's as much as we did!

21. mamaboogie

mamaboogie DIS Veteran

Happy New Year! pixiedust:

My first resolution is to get my act together and finish this dining review!

Best wishes to you all :)