'You Big Fatty!' A delicious dining review- COMPLETE!!

Where in the world did you get the Doctor Pooh shirt???? My boys are huge fans of the Doctor...I'd love to get my hands on this shirt!

Apparently Simon got it online somewhere! It really did get an awful lot of remarks in WDW. Duffy Bear didn't like it though - a rival bear!

Wow what an amazing anniversary dinner for you at V&A! I really, really want to go there now thanks to your review.

Thank you - it really was amazing :)

Love your reviews! V&A is amazing. I ate their on my honeymoon back in 2007. It's the perfect way to celebrate a milestone.

Hello All! :):wave2:

We are back! We have eaten soooooo much delicious food and I can't wait to tell you about it!

Let's jump straight back into the good stuff.

We were up at stupid O'clock and winging our way to Manchester Airport. After all the checking in and getting rid of the luggage we went for our ritual Frankie and Benny's breakfast.

Sarah and I both had the pancakes with maple syrup:

Disneyday1016-1.jpg

Kate had the omelette breakfast:

Disneyday1018-1.jpg

And Simon had the traditional breakfast:

Disneyday1017-1.jpg

This set us up nicely until we got onto the plane and had our main meal:

IMG_0489.jpg

There was a choice of lasagne, chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce and mushroom stroganoff. This was also served with smoked salmon and creme fraiche (yummy!) and a chocolate brownie.

Well, we survived the flight okay and managed to get checked in at Old Key West. We decided to go to Downtown Disney to eat - we had an ADR at Paradiso 37 which was a new experience for us.

We were led out onto the balcony - I was a bit worried that it would be too warm out there but it was actually quite nice watching the people of DTD go about their business. Even though we were very tired!

I decided to try one of these:

disneyday1008.jpg

I know what you're thinking....Shari's just landed in Florida and she's already on the cocktails - but this is actually a 'No-Hito' a non-alcoholic version. Don't believe me? Well, Sarah and Kate also had one! :goodvibes

We decided to share some nachos with a trio of dips - queso, chilli and guacamole. These were all delicious!:

disneyday1010.jpg

disneyday1009.jpg

And there was plenty for the 4 of us.

I had the fish tacos (which were grouper this day):

disneyday1011.jpg

I loved these - they were very tasty indeed. Lovely and crispy. But I was a bit too full after all those nachos...

Simon had a cheeseburger:

disneyday1012.jpg

Kate had the chicken sandwich:

disneyday10162.jpg

And Sarah had the chicken burrito:

disneyday1013.jpg

The food here was all very tasty - and just hit the spot for four weary travellers.

I managed a creme brulee for dessert ;) :

disneyday1022.jpg

And Sarah had the doughnuts and churros:

disneyday1021.jpg

By now, we were very tired indeed and we went back to our villa to dream of all the lovely food ahead.....:cloud9:

Paradiso 37 - Big Fatty rating: 7 out of 10

Coming up: Shari is re-united with her long, lost love.....:love:

I have some serious catching up to do but............I am enjoying it so far! Thanks!! We like P37. My fav is the chicken sandwich.

So - our next day was EPCOT day.

After visiting Mars, going under the sea with Nemo and Soarin' over California we decided to stop off for some brunch at Sunshine Seasons.

We really like this counter service spot as it caters for everyone.

I had the beet and goats cheese salad which is always tasty and fresh:

DisneyDay3019.jpg

Simon had the pork chop meal:

DisneyDay3020.jpg

Kate wasn't too hungry so she nibbled on a cheese and fruit plate:

DisneyDay3023.jpg

Sarah had a chicken caesar salad which was huge but I must have neglected to take a photo of it - hey! I was hungry okay?

I had a strawberry shortcake dessert:

DisneyDay3021.jpg

This was lovely and creamy with lots of fruit in it. Simon had the chocolate cake:

DisneyDay3022.jpg

Another good pick me up here at Sunshine Seasons. Refreshed we went back into the park for more fun. After reaching World Showcase, Simon and I 'accidentally' found ourselves in La Cava Del Tequila.....:rolleyes1

The girls left us at this point to have a wander on their own (ahhh the joys of holidaying with a 16 year old and an 18 year old....)

Side note:

At points during this holiday it became difficult to consume alcohol as we became aware of a pair of accusatory eyes staring at us from across the table.

Yes, our eldest Sarah, has just become used to being able to go out and drink alcohol because in England, the legal age to drink is 18. Of course, in America the age is 21 and she wasn't very happy about it!

So we were happy to send her off with Kate so we could indulge in a little guilt free alcohol consumption...

What can I say? We absolutely loved La Cava! It's such a cool, intimate hideaway.

I had to try the much beloved avocado margarita:

DisneyDay3040.jpg

I wasn't sure what to expect but I absolutely loved it! Look! :

DisneyDay3041.jpg

Simon tried a tequila flight which he really enjoyed:

DisneyDay3043.jpg

We also had to try some tortilla chips and salsa:

DisneyDay3037.jpg

This was a wonderful break from the hustle and bustle. We could have stayed there all afternoon except for the fact we had to go and meet the kids!

I was sad that I never got back there for the rest of the holiday. Must try harder!

Coming up (honestly!): Tokyo Dining

Oooohhhh! That must be tough that she can't have a drink, legally, :rolleyes1 In WDW! I would feel guilty too. But not too guilty to go without! I am still reading! :)

Oh my gosh, those pictures of V&A brought me back to when I ate there. It is SO GOOOOOOOD. I saw the ash-crusted halibut go by and about died :rotfl:

I even got to go into the kitchen when I was there...the Chef, Scott Hunnel, is a graduate of the same culinary school I go to. We just mentioned that we were there because I go to the same school as Scott to the server when we were asked if we were celebrating anything. At the end of our meal, we were told we were invited back into the kitchen to meet the Chef and look around! It was a TOTAL surprise and very, very cool. I must say, that is the CLEANEST kitchen I have ever seen :thumbsup2:lmao:

Now then...how could anything possibly compare with the awesome-ness of Victoria and Albert's? Of course, there isn't anything in the same league so the best thing to do is file it away and move on! There was still so much wonderful food to be had!

The next day found us having fun in Disney's Hollywood Studios and we ended up eating at one of our old favourites:

DisneyDay11011.jpg

Yep, the wondrous Sci-Fi Dine in Theater. We always enjoy ourselves here. It is such a cool, quiet haven from the busy park. We have always found the food to be tasty and satisfying even if it is nothing spectacular.

The menu had changed slightly since we were last there and I must admit I struggled to choose an entree (last time I had the beef and blue salad which I really enjoyed)

Anyway, I went with the cheesy dip and tortillas, which is a starter but I was told I could have it as a main:

DisneyDay11017.jpg

Sarah did the same except she had the loaded potato skins:

DisneyDay11019.jpg

Simon and Kate went for their usual burger:

DisneyDay11018.jpg

Simon had the apple cobbler for dessert:

DisneyDay11021.jpg

I absolutely love this dessert - the chocolate peanut butter dessert. Crunchy on the outside and all warm and gooey on the inside:

DisneyDay11020.jpg

We also enjoyed the lovely shakes they do there:

DisneyDay11013.jpg

DisneyDay11014.jpg

This is our favourite clip:

DisneyDay11016.jpg

'I don't wanna grow anymore!' :rotfl2:

We did really enjoy it here again. Our server was slightly disinterested but it didn't spoil the experience too much.

Big Fatty Rating: 6 out of 10

Coming up: A new experience in 'Kouzzina' for us!

So - the following day we were excited to be trying a new restaurant - Kouzzina! Opa!

We got to the boardwalk just as the restaurant was opening and we witnessed the whole staff walking outside for their 'team talk' before the shift.

We were soon seated in the very large dining room. We had been warned that this restaurant could get very noisy and it seemed it would be case as we were seated next to a large family party (about 20 people, mostly children!) But on the whole, it wasn't too bad an experience for us.

Our server was very good here - she was attentive and friendly and had lots of interesting information about the restaurant and the food.

I decided to try one of the many cocktails - I believe this was a Kouzzinarita:

DisneyDay12034.jpg

Organic blanco tequila, Agave nectar, fresh lime juice, and a splash of pomegranite liquer. It was yummy:

DisneyDay12035.jpg

For starters we decided to share the pita bread with spreads:

DisneyDay12036.jpg

I think we had the chickpea hummus, whipped feta with peppers and Tzatziki. These were absolutely delicious and we soon finished them off.

Onto the entrees. Kate and I both had the short ribs on feta mashed potato:

DisneyDay12037.jpg

This was amazing! The short ribs were so tasty and the mash was creamy and heavenly. We both absolutely loved this.

Simon had some kind of steak - possibly the rib-eye:

DisneyDay12039.jpg

This was Sarah's meal:

DisneyDay12038.jpg

I think it was a chicken dish - she seemed to enjoy it anyway.

Next up - dessert! Simon had the molten chocolate cake:

DisneyDay12041.jpg

Sarah and I shared the loukamades:

DisneyDay12040.jpg

These were scrummy yummy! Very sweet and stick and crispy on the outside. I'm glad we were sharing though - there's no way we could have eaten them all by ourselves!

To conclude - we had a brilliant meal here and we wouldn't hesitate to return. It was wonderful to try some different kinds of food and all in a lovely, friendly environment.

Big Fatty Rating: 8 out of 10

Hey Shari
Wonderful updates as always :)
Nice use of the cocktail menu - love it :)!!!

Glad to see a good review of Kouzzina! We love the place but didn't get there on our last trip.

All caught up. Your V&A meal looks heavenly! So glad we got to experience it this trip!

Kouzzina looks really good! I'm a fan of Greek food (except Olives! Yuck) so think I would really like it here!!

Glad you had a nice dinner at Kouzzina. We really liked our breakfast there! :thumbsup2

Ooh breakfast at Kouzzina! There's a thought for next time...;)

Hey Shari
Wonderful updates as always :)
Nice use of the cocktail menu - love it :)!!!

Hi Linda! Was quite proud of my cocktail consumption this time round - still think I have quite a ways to go before I can compete with the master....:)

Glad to see a good review of Kouzzina! We love the place but didn't get there on our last trip.

It shot straight to the top of our must do list for next time!

All caught up. Your V&A meal looks heavenly! So glad we got to experience it this trip!

Kouzzina looks really good! I'm a fan of Greek food (except Olives! Yuck) so think I would really like it here!!

We weren't really sure what to expect - but we absolutely loved it! Thanks for reading :thumbsup2

So - the next day Simon and Sarah deserted me and Kate to boldly go where no man has gone before....namely to Kennedy Space Center!

Kate and I decided to have a lazy day before wandering over to DTD for some lunch. I really wanted to give Wolfgang Puck express another go.

Kate and I both decided to have the pizza. I think Kate had the pepperoni and I had the four cheese pizza:

DisneyDay13015.jpg

DisneyDay13014.jpg

It was a really hot day so a big glass of ice cold sprite was in order:

DisneyDay13013.jpg

This was a lovely relaxing meal. It was very quiet in there and our server was very pleasant and helpful. The pizza was delicious - but too big for either of us to finish!

After finishing our meal we popped over to Goofy's Candy Company where I had to make my traditional pretzel rods:

DisneyDay13017.jpg

DisneyDay13018.jpg

Mine were dunked in milk chocolate, with crushed butterfinger pieces and drizzled with dark chocolate. And they were yummy! Because it was so hot (and I was so full from lunch!) it was a race to get them home before they melted! But we just about managed it.

Big Fatty Rating for WPE: 7 out of 10

Coming up: Another new experience at The Wave!

Hi there Shari! I'm sure every other meal at WDW paled in comparison to V&A but glad to see that you liked Sci-Fi (We love the Colossal Man clip too. Especially when he throws the syringe/needle at the man and pins him to the ground with it - you can tell that it is held under his arm!)

I've only been to Kouzzina for breakfast but your dinner options looked great.

Does this dress look familiar? :)
041611-63.jpg

Your reviews are wonderful I especially enjoyed Kouzzina's as we are trying dinner there for the first time in a couple of weeks. :thumbsup2

Hi there Shari! I'm sure every other meal at WDW paled in comparison to V&A but glad to see that you liked Sci-Fi (We love the Colossal Man clip too. Especially when he throws the syringe/needle at the man and pins him to the ground with it - you can tell that it is held under his arm!)

I've only been to Kouzzina for breakfast but your dinner options looked great.

Does this dress look familiar? :)
041611-63.jpg

That is a fantastic dress - what great taste you have! ;) Yes, we love the bit with the syringe too!

V&A was in a class of it's own but there were so many other amazing meals too. Thanks for reading!

Morning Shari :goodvibes

Ooh those WPE Pizzas look yummy!

Hi Linda!:flower3:

We really enjoyed them - we thought we should try some WP pizza for once!

Your reviews are wonderful I especially enjoyed Kouzzina's as we are trying dinner there for the first time in a couple of weeks. :thumbsup2

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy Kouzzina's as much as we did!

Happy New Year! pixiedust:

My first resolution is to get my act together and finish this dining review!

Best wishes to you all :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter