You bet your aft we had a good time! A Wonder trip report Update 12/30 p.59-611

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Can you imagine my 12 y/o on my shoulders. Hilarious! :thumbsup2 Next time! pirate:

It makes me giggle :rotfl: when I imagine it. You'd see all kinds of funny threads on here that start with "this skinny woman in a pirate costume had like a 12 yr old on her shoulders & I couldn't see anything..." maybe you could get on Joshua's shoulders instead? After a few drinks of course :confused3...

It makes me giggle :rotfl: when I imagine it. You'd see all kinds of funny threads on here that start with "this skinny woman in a pirate costume had like a 12 yr old on her shoulders & I couldn't see anything..." maybe you could get on Joshua's shoulders instead? After a few drinks of course :confused3...

Skinny? Skinny! :flower3:

:lmao: I'll be the crazy pirate girl in someone else's report. :blush:

It was time for the Pirates in the Caribbean Party!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I'm a total big kid at heart and love cheesy fun activities. I loved that Jenny and Josh were up for enjoying the festivities :) the two youngest tablemates joined us for a while since they were pretty much abandoned. At one point I turned around and they were gone.

Some of these photos are a little blurry but Smee was one fleet footed pirate! They played some great music during the party :dance3:

3bf57d52fd6b25d87dc702524a587095.jpg

e88f94d079b5122ec31bcfb6b17e044f.jpg

d412f5266104b251a4415220777fd885.jpg

7d9ae428838350944cf8ed5e9c9070a1.jpg

55b0d00fbecc6c99661d13c77138aba0.jpg

775518732c1d1695cf5cefaecb0f61ed.jpg

fff7d14b3d09b540525c41761d1f74de.jpg

4ead0059950f865cbb9fbb0d550d4010.jpg

4b39e8368b4553a77351dffe5446d902.jpg

0997e2db9c12d6bae56a9a20c563fe5e.jpg

21b601ba5e7a762566f7bdd47be28171.jpg

c8dd74e12770318ccb5ed3b79fdaee7c.jpg

I think they were trying to show us some dance moves.

961339fc54633c03f6c77b3722abc4d2.jpg

5a798f494c738f5b5ae6344edc7d45a9.jpg

e46c8b21d750b7f7a51f95f50ce299cb.jpg

1afdb021366df46dde2ea604b39ff28b.jpg

Hook came out but all those pictures are really blurry. And then Captain Mickey comes to save the day!

f2988dd1ffcc931b80d0da997293d63a.jpg

28205e2d24424106de6bdd83db21ffa6.jpg

187b06dc78d2c69adf999bdfa840f0de.jpg

I honestly can't remember when the fireworks were in the sequence of things but the dancing continued and we made our way to the buffet. I had had some fabulous nachos at a previous party and I was looking forward to a repeat popcorn:: it was packed but we all eventually found some treats and ate outside at the back of BBB. It was lovely to sit and chat and enjoy the delicious food. :)

7e52edf9d3eae47bc2ccf9fdd84832e2.jpg

We separated ways and I stopped for some pictures of the inside movie theater, a place I have not been in on the Wonder. I must remedy that next time, I adore watching 'free' movies on the big screen. The Funnel Vision got my attention this cruise, and that was great fun.

e538c74787ab2a080cab3c8388d397cf.jpg

4119efeb7b8c91527871464770c8d6ce.jpg

562d47bfebafcc0c83b00bc1d2cbe3f0.jpg

Have I already mentioned I love everything about these ships? :lovestruc

b8853900d31ff7a17b06824716508f05.jpg

Then it was off to the room to sleep. It had been another fabulous day!

I'm sure I'm not caught up, but your pics of the party and the fireworks look like so much fun! Thanks to Pam for also posting her pics.

Big guy with kid on shoulders - not so much fun! :faint:

I am really curious about what happened to the soccer ball.

I hope you didn't forget to pick up the soccer ball upon exit like we did our iron!

I hope that once the courtesy holds wear off from the initial booking that there are some H/A rooms with verandahs on the October 18th 2015 cruise. If so, I'm booking it with you guys!

Another great set of pics Pam. This is fun getting both of your perspectives on one TR.:thumbsup2

I hope that once the courtesy holds wear off from the initial booking that there are some H/A rooms with verandahs on the October 18th 2015 cruise. If so, I'm booking it with you guys!

There's always the October 11th with Jetski and I if nothing opens up on the 18th.:rotfl:

Yes! Totally skinny :)! I guess skinny is in the eye of the beholder :confused3

:goodvibes

I'm sure I'm not caught up, but your pics of the party and the fireworks look like so much fun! Thanks to Pam for also posting her pics.

Big guy with kid on shoulders - not so much fun! :faint:

I am really curious about what happened to the soccer ball.

Pam's pics are the best. I am so happy she's posting them too. I'm liking the dual trip reporting. Yours and Cynthia's was one of the first I've read like that. It's a lot of fun!​

I hope you didn't forget to pick up the soccer ball upon exit like we did our iron!

Nope on the ball. Not that it's mystery worthy but its all I got. ;)

Say what!!! Awesome! I'll be checking for you daily. What category is that? :hyper: I bet a lot will open up after tomorrow. I think the gold opens today and the rest tomorrow.​

Another great set of pics Pam. This is fun getting both of your perspectives on one TR.:thumbsup2

Thanks! :goodvibes I like it too.​

There's always the October 11th with Jetski and I if nothing opens up on the 18th.:rotfl:

Wouldn't it be a blast for all of us to go together? The Wonder would never be the same. party:

Pam, I love your photos. :thanks: my friend for posting them. You're the best!

Yes, the Tweens were basically abandoned and stayed with us off and on. They did leave at one point to check on the parent but came back. Checking on a parent........I have issues with this.

Oh yeah, your delicious nachos! Did you not have a crepe?

Love the Mickey pirate pics. Care if I borrow a few?

No crepe for me, I'm not too crazy about them. I probably should give them another chance. The nachos are so good!

Of course, you never have to ask about the photos, feel free :)

Wouldn't it be a blast for all of us to go together? The Wonder would never be the same. party:

Yes, the Tweens were basically abandoned and stayed with us off and on. They did leave at one point to check on the parent but came back. Checking on a parent........I have issues with this.

It sure would be a party! We had a large group of DISers on our Panama Canal cruise and it was a blast.

I'm with you and the Tweens. Kids shouldn't have to check on parents.:(

No crepe for me, I'm not too crazy about them. I probably should give them another chance. The nachos are so good!

Of course, you never have to ask about the photos, feel free :)

:thanks:

I think you should give them another try. They are pretty fabulous and I am a picky carb eater.​

It sure would be a party! We had a large group of DISers on our Panama Canal cruise and it was a blast.

I'm with you and the Tweens. Kids shouldn't have to check on parents.:(

You did? Did you take over the ship? :cheer2:

I'm with you and not big on children having to be adults on account of substance use. At all.

Sorry about that guy blocking your view. I am 5'2" and have had that experience more than once. It is amazing how some people never learned how to be considerate.

I have never heard of a fresh coconut crepe (I make the banana/Nutella version for my kids). Your crepe looked amazingly! I might have to try making those this weekend.:)

Last night my H/A Verandah cabin opened up on the cruise on the 18th! :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

I put it on a 5 day hold, now we have to call and give them the gift cards to reserve it for real!!!!!!

Wooohooo! How do we all get to sit at a table together? You guys did second seating right?

Last night my H/A Verandah cabin opened up on the cruise on the 18th! :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

I put it on a 5 day hold, now we have to call and give them the gift cards to reserve it for real!!!!!!

Wooohooo! How do we all get to sit at a table together? You guys did second seating right?

Awesome! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

We have to link reservations to sit together. Yep, second seating.

I am all caught up again. I saved this thread for last, partly because I needed to have some time after coming off the Wonder myself before reading about this beautiful ship. I miss the Wonder so much.

The room service breakfast sounds like a good idea. Shame that the coffee and the English muffin were not very nice. Well done on spotting the dolphins. They are so difficult to photograph.

You had a really busy first sea day. I love my DVC tumbler. I was so hoping that I would get another one this year. You did good with all the gifts.

Pam, I am glad that your magnets stuck to the door. I was not so lucky.

I gather you made the acquaintance with Jesus. I was not too sure what to make of him during Mixology on our repo last year, but he did most of our private tastings and he was amazing for those.

Well done for winning the Disney trivia. It was nice to see our buddy Ashley in the trivia photos that Pam posted. She rocks and I miss her so much. I think you got pretty much the same drinks we got. I loved the shot with the Creme de Menthe. I have done Mixology a number of times on the Magic and the Wonder and also a mix of private once and normal scheduled classes and we got to make drinks ourselves only once and that was during a private Mixology on the Magic.

The steak sandwich from room service is beyond amazing. I can't believe that in 13 cruises and 119 nights on the Magic and Wonder, we only managed to have room service once.

Congratulations on getting your villa for December. I wish I could say the same for our studio on November.

I love your pirate dress. As far as Pirate Night in the dining rooms is concerned, it is not so much the menu that I dislike, but the noise in the dining room on that night. That is why we escape to Palo on Pirate Night.

The family dynamics with your table mates sound interesting to say the least.

We did the Hawaii cruise in 2012 and it was amazing. We are both glad we did it as this gave us the incentive to go back for a land-based vacation, but we also both agree that once is enough for us. We may do an inter-island cruise in Hawaii at some stage, but as much as I love my sea days, 9 of them for 4 days in port when there is so much to see was too much for me.

Tell Joshua that we live about 25 miles away from the Everton ground. DH actually was there for a cup match with his team in his younger years, but ended up spending the whole match on the substitute bench.

Alison, I am glad that you got your cabin.

Corinna

Welcome back Corinna!!! I keep seeing you post on different threads but get there late to say welcome home :) I hope your trip was amazing!

I love the magnet paper I used, it works so well. They don't move at all. I'm sorry yours didn't stay put :( I bought it on amazon, and that way you wouldn't have to bother with the laminator either.

Jesus was a riot. That creme de menthe shot was quite tasty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter