• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You are a terrible parent!!!!!!

Yeah--but it was my husband's ex---who doesn't like to allow him any time to see the kids and tries her best to ruin that relationship.........

OH i remember the day I was called a bad parent.

Apparently on the Dis you aren't allowed to discipline (not spank this was a homework issue ) your stepchild.. mind you he lived with us , I was the main person at home with him since I was a Sahm..he has been in my life since he was five. Luckily he didnt think so LOL .. happy healthy 20 year old now who I am very close with .

Go figure lol.. I would rather be a bad parent than a perfect one, what fun is that!!??

I'm going to start my own club - only lazy, horrifying parents need apply. :cool1:

Where can I find the application form?

Hi my name is Sue and I'm a bad parent.

I let my DS play mature video games for hours
We eat in front of the tv
I watched all the cartoons with DS when he was little and learned all the strange, weird names on Pokemon and Yu Gi O so that I would know what the heck he was talking about
I bought DSS condoms when he was 16 and let his girlfriend spend the night when she had no where else to go.
I help DS clean his room
I don't always make a proper dinner, and we sometimes have cereal.
I always picked DS up when he cried as a baby and let him sleep with us until he felt safe enough in his own room.
I sometimes drive DS to school, when it is really only a ten minute walk.
I don't always listen when DS is telling me about yet another youtube video

I watched all the cartoons with DS when he was little and learned all the strange, weird names on Pokemon and Yu Gi O so that I would know what the heck he was talking about
I bought DSS condoms when he was 16 and let his girlfriend spend the night when she had no where else to go.
I help DS clean his room
I always picked DS up when he cried as a baby and let him sleep with us until he felt safe enough in his own room.

cereal isn't a proper dinner???

and you listen about ANY youtube video they are discussing??

:rotfl2:

Yesterday when I was driving ds who's 8 home from summer camp, he wanted to listen to Boom Boom Pow (Black Eyed Peas), I have it on my car CD. As we are listening to it, he tells me that he likes my version better because it has the bad words in it and when he hears the cut version it throws off his singing...

Does this qualify me for bad parent status???? :laughing:

PS - I was being sarcastic. Sorry, one of the other things that make me a bad parent.

I'm not worried about my kid. The school calls at 8:32 (they start at 8:30) if one of their students don't show up.

:hug: I know you were, and so was I (DD knows my "sarcasm" voice by now, for sure!) :goodvibes

I have one to add:

DD has been taking peanut butter and fluff sandwiches for lunch.

Today her lunch was PB&Fluff, carrots and ranch dressing, doritos, lime jello w/ pineapples and white tea w/rasberry.

ETA: Tonight DBF and I are going here for dinner and DD isn't going. I'm bringing her BK for dinner.

:hug: I know you were, and so was I (DD knows my "sarcasm" voice by now, for sure!) :goodvibes

I knew you were, you included a smilie. I should do the same - just to be clear ;)

Reading another thread, you can add another thing to my bad parent list. I have never and will never send in cupcakes for my dd's birthday to school. I have never liked or understood the concept.

I have one to add:

DD has been taking peanut butter and fluff sandwiches for lunch.

Today her lunch was PB&Fluff, carrots and ranch dressing, doritos, lime jello w/ pineapples and white tea w/rasberry.

Peanut butter and fluff sandwiches for lunch everyday here!

I am a video gamer and see nothing wrong with playing them and liking them.

Oh and we do not belong to any organized religion at all anymore which makes us evil to the core. Mothers run shrieking from us.

Top that.:rotfl:

Can't top it, but can definitely match it, and absolutely agree with it :thumbsup2 ;)

Oh I forgot my worst offense as a parent. I let my adult sons live at home, not in school, without paying rent. The oldest went away to college and never returned to our home town, but the other two stayed and lived at home until they got married. Without paying rent.

Hey, better than my parents, who I will quickly add are are great and I love them. But family pressure, and a finely honed guilt and nesting instinct on my end of things, kept me working at the dying family business and living at home until I was thirty. Monthly pay? 600 dollars (Canadian, no less). Monthly rent? Three of the six hundred dollars.

And before you ask, sure, yeah, I was quite the chick magnet.

Also, needless to say, there were no Disney trips during those 10 years.

But my parents were and are tops.

I help DS clean his room

If there is an application form I need one too. :)

My kids have TVs in their bedrooms. :happytv:
At least once, in each of their babyhoods, I resorted to Cry-It-Out. It worked. :rolleyes1 After DD#1, I did not feel guilty.
As long as they go in a group, and stay together, I let my kids walk by themselves, or with the neighbor kids, to the park in the center of our subdivision.
We take the kids out of school :eek: when we go to WDW in the autumn season.
They never get flu shots, and never get antibiotics unless they are really, REALLY sick with a known bacterial agent.
While on vacations; we don't use hand sanitizer, we walk barefoot in hotel rooms, and sleep with the bedspreads ON the bed. I even use the phone and the remote. :faint:

That's me, bad mom's club, charter member. :hippie:

I let my DS play mature video games for hours nope, but she does watch PG13 and R rated horror movies. Bought her "The Ring" for Easter the year she was 10!
We eat in front of the tv Yep
I watched all the cartoons with DS when he was little and learned all the strange, weird names on Pokemon and Yu Gi O so that I would know what the heck he was talking about Yep
I bought DSS condoms when he was 16 and let his girlfriend spend the night when she had no where else to go.Not there yet, but considering the pill for DD when she's 16
I help DS clean his roomyep
I don't always make a proper dinner, and we sometimes have cereal.yep
I always picked DS up when he cried as a baby and let him sleep with us until he felt safe enough in his own room.yep
I sometimes drive DS to school, when it is really only a ten minute walk.Always drive her -- too far, but she does take the school bus home
I don't always listen when DS is telling me about yet another youtube videoAnd this is where you went wrong. This is how I learned about "Fred" and how funny he is. Supposed to be a 5 or 6 year old whose mother is an alcoholic, who forgets to take his meds and he's left on his own frequently :rotfl:

cereal isn't a proper dinner???

and you listen about ANY youtube video they are discussing??Please see Fred comment above

:rotfl2:

since this is the ONLY voice I have, other than angry, there's no mistaking it in my house either.

Can't top it, but can definitely match it, and absolutely agree with it :thumbsup2 ;)

I can. I send my daughter to Catholic grammar school (11th year now PreK3-through 8th grade) and don't take her to church. Try explaining how you're not a hypocrite (yeah, I am). ;)

Wait a minute. Eating in front of TV is bad? Ruh-oh. I didn't think there was any other options.

One of my sons' friends once told me how much he appreciated being able to have Cheerios for dinner at my house because his mother would never allow it. :lmao:

And the boys never missed school for Disney trips. Snow skiing/boarding, that's an entirely different story.

I don't always listen when DS is telling me about yet another youtube videoAnd this is where you went wrong. This is how I learned about "Fred" and how funny he is. Supposed to be a 5 or 6 year old whose mother is an alcoholic, who forgets to take his meds and he's left on his own frequently

FRED!!!! :lovestruc

ETA: I suck at the quote thingy

I'm not a bad parent...I was told today I was a HORRIFYING parent because I send my kids to sleep away camp, which they love like crazy - sucks to actually make them happy. I should be jailed - Horrifying, I say...just horrifying.

Horrifying is now my word of the week. :lmao:

I am an adult now and I *still* get weird remarks from people when they hear I went away to camp every summer (starting at age 9) for 4-5 weeks to a camp that was 6 states away. They think my parents must have hated me... they ask if I was a bad kid... they usually have some sort of pitying tone to their voice and shake their heads at the sheer neglectfulness of my parents. They could never just *leave* their babies like that!! To make matters worse I flew to and from camp by myself. :scared1: I could navigate the layovers and large airports like ATL all by myself. (Amazing what literacy can do for a kid:rotfl:) At the time, I was the ONLY kid I knew who went away like that.

Sheesh, I loved camp! If I had not been allowed to go I would have protested all summer. I usually explain to people that if my parents were truly looking to 'get rid of' me then there are TONS of less expensive ways to do so.

I am currently only an Evil Auntie.... but one day I will be a horrible parent. I fully intend that once my children are of camp age, age 8, I will give them the choice to go away for as long as they want to a camp FAR FAR away. I mean... there really aren't any good camps in Florida! So off to the Carolinas or Wisconsin or Maine they will go! I'll let them fly back and forth without me. Plus, if my 9 yr old wants to go for 8 weeks.... then I'll do it!

Is it bad that I occasionally bribe my 2 year old with popcicles in the bathtub??? Seiously...it gets her into the bath without a fuss, and can you think of a better place for a popcicle?? No mess! See, I call that smart parenting. Some call it wrong. :confused3

Oh, and just to get it all out there on the table, she watches TV. She gets to eat McDonalds happy meals once a week. We listen in the car to songs on the radio with "questionable" lyrics in them. And I'm sure there's more....

I don't always listen when DS is telling me about yet another youtube videoAnd this is where you went wrong. This is how I learned about "Fred" and how funny he is. Supposed to be a 5 or 6 year old whose mother is an alcoholic, who forgets to take his meds and he's left on his own frequently

FRED!!!! :lovestruc

ETA: I suck at the quote thingy

Just click the "quote" button on the lower right hand side to quote one person. To quote more than one person, click the quotation marks symbol, on the lower right hand side for each person you want to quote. On the last person, click the "quote" button and you will have quoted multiple posters.

I love Fred too!

Is it bad that I occasionally bribe my 2 year old with popcicles in the bathtub??? Seiously...it gets her into the bath without a fuss, and can you think of a better place for a popcicle?? No mess! See, I call that smart parenting. Some call it wrong. :confused3

My DD would have very high fevers when she was younger. Tylenol didn't always work so her ped told me I should put her in tepid baths to bring down her fever. After the first time, she was on to me, so I would keep a stock of cheap, new bathingsuits and bribe her into the tub by letting her wear a new bathingsuit. She knew the water was going to feel like ice, but she went along anyway, just to get a new bathingsuit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter