Yorkshire County Fish and Chips

Debbie

DIScovering DIS magic-missing my colours
Last year, this counter service was down for refurb. A friend mentioned that it wasn't open in June when they were there. Was that a fluke. DH lives for fish and chips, and if it isn't, we'll havet to book Rose and Crown. Any information would be welcome! Thanks!

We must have been there around the same time last year - they went down for refurb days before our departure. I was in a panic as that is my one must do - really good, traditional fish and chips are hard to come by in my part of the world. However, I got info on the Dis about a new (relatively) CS - Cookes of Dublin in DTD, so I made the family make a special trip, and boy, was I glad I did! FANTASTIC fish and chips! They also had chicken for my DH who refuses to "eat anything that lives in its own bathroom." And we tried the fried Mars bar - way too rich and fatty, but definitely worth trying at least once. Now I'm conflicted for our next trip - Yorkshire or Dublin?

Last year, this counter service was down for refurb. A friend mentioned that it wasn't open in June when they were there. Was that a fluke. DH lives for fish and chips, and if it isn't, we'll havet to book Rose and Crown. Any information would be welcome! Thanks!

it was open last week when i had some, although Epcot has now closed the Canandian part of the world showcase due to lack of visitors and is replacing in with a more interesting landscape of Nova Scotia!!:p :thumbsup2

It was open mid June when were down in the world.
Hope you enjoy!
Might I add tho the Rose N Crown also has a wonderful fish and chip plate, I had when were down. Tasted just like the ones I had when I was England and Scotland.

You really should try Cooke's of Dublin in DtD. The best CS fish n chips in WDW(and I love Yorkshire Co. Fish Shop)!

You really should try Cooke's of Dublin in DtD. The best CS fish n chips in WDW(and I love Yorkshire Co. Fish Shop)!

Alrighty,then. Exactly where is Cooke's of Dublin located? I've never heard of it until now. :blush:

Our first night in The World we headed to Epcot and tried to get into any of the TS restaurants. No luck! We ended up at the Fish and Chips stand and order up our dinner. The food was Wonderful!!!! Fish was hot and crispy...the chips were think and meaty yet able to absorb the right amount of vinegar...perfect! For me Sitting on that bench in "England" was as good as sitting in a 5 star restaurant. My daughter ran around and played in a red phone booth and tried to climb a lamppost. Running quickly back to us for a bite and then laughing and skipping off. we ducked into a few of the shops and my DD met tigger, piglet and eeyore as well as Wendy! Just when I was basking in the realization of "We REALLY ARE at Disney World" the fireworks started and that night was chalked up as one of my favorites...... So yeah! The Fish and Chips are really really great!

Take care,
Becky

Alrighty,then. Exactly where is Cooke's of Dublin located? I've never heard of it until now.

It's located in the Pleasure Island area of DownTown Disney. Right next to Raglan Road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter