Yorkie Terriers?????

Chrissi Pooh

DIS Veteran
What can you tell me about them? I have never had a dog before and I am looking for any info that you may have and personal experiences too!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Well,we had a Yorkie for 14 years...he recently passed away and we miss him greatly! :( We loved Scruffy, but he could also get into a LOT of trouble...I used to tell him it was good that he was so cute, otherwise he would be gone! :) Little dogs tend to be skittish at times, but also cuddly and sweet! Good luck with your decision!!!

This is too funny! I just had a post today that I could not find a yorkie puppy since I have finally decided to get one. I did a lot of research on the net first - you are lucky because most of the breeders are down near you. There are almost no dogs available up here right now and if they are they are over a thousand dollars - I want the dog but not *that* bad. Good Luck - maybe we'll both get our dogs!

MickeysMommy- I know what you mean about not wanting a dog "that" bad. I have wanted a mini pinscher but I can't spare an arm and a leg to pay for it. This puppy is believed to be coming to me for free, we will soon find out, anyway it's not from a breeder it's just a doggy that hasn't learned to keep her back legs together if you know what I mean, I saw the last batch she had and they were the most beautiful puppies and I wanted to take one home then but they were all spoken for.

Thanks everyone else and keep the info coming!!!!

My (ex) boyfriends family has one, they got her two years ago as soon as I started dating him.

She is so cute! The biggest problem that they had is that they have very small bladders. She would get excited seeing a new person and pee all over the floor. The problem hasn't gotten any better.

Other than that, shes a sweetheart :) Boy can that little thing jump high! lol

My Yorkie died afew months ago, he was 18. they say ornry live long lives, and he was certainly that! Yorkies can be sweet little dogs, problem is, they don't know they are little! Max, ruled the roost, and he dominated our large lab! He had no fear and loved to escape our fenced in yard. He ALWAYS found ways out of the yard and traveled some times miles from home. He got beat up numerous times, one time so bad he had a punctured lung and his whole chest cavity swelled up he looked like a balloon! LOL! My vet swears he had 9 lives like a cat! She had to put a muzzle on him whenever he went to the vet, and liked to attack ankles when strangers came to the door. Their bark is more a shrill bark that can get on your nerves, but I doubt anyone would have tried to break in if they heard his growl on the other side of the door!

But he was an affectionate dog with the family, loved to curl on a lap or bed and snuggle, and I miss the old boy alot, even though he was high strung LOL.

Yorkies can be very agressive and submissive at the same time. Very difficult to house break too. We have several friends with them, and I would chose my Airedales over them any day. My SIL calls hers the "dorky Yorky"!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter