• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YOAMD Postcards and Winners

Is anyone having a problem with the post office sending the post cards back to your home???

I got one back yesterday. Apparently they are confused about which side of the post card is the address it's supposed to go to even though I clearly marked one side "TO" & one side "FROM", and shouldn't they know the stamped side has the send to addess on it? :confused:

Hmmmmmmm, that is very odd! The stamp should be a tip off, ecspecially for the post office! :goodvibes

Do you use postal cards? I have never received any back but initially, when I tried to cut the cards to match what the 2007 rules said (size) the PO refused to take them... it had to be regulation size!

I do not do a "To/From" format. I use the plain, white postal postcards and address it just like an envelope, complete with my return address on the front. On the flip-side, I attach a Disney sticker of some sort and put my/our info as required.

We started sending them towards the end of May or beginning of June, I kind of gave up most of December, but am back doing it for 2008! I had 200 cards total, now there are about 80 left, so I have sent 120 or so and none were returned. None were winners though either! :confused3

I figure it doesn't cost much to send out a few cards (one each for the three of us about 2-3 times a week average) and it is kind of fun at least having the potential to win something! :goodvibes

Good luck! :wizard:

Whoohoo - I got a call this morning, to indicate I had almost won myself a pair of ears. Just had to answer that magical Canadian skill testing question.

So, while I got the question right... and I know it's not a big prize - it almost covered the $1 a post card/postage (x40) I've been sending in since last year :lmao:

Does anyone find that they are sending in less postcards now that you have to hand write the side with your personal information?

If anyone in Canada wants to send me their postcards to mail to save money, I will be glad to put them in the mailbox for you. I'd want them all filled out and ready to mail, of course. I have just started mailing mine in and I plan to send them for at least a few months, so I would just stick yours in the mail with mine.

Marsha

Just a bump to say that I got two more 2007 lanyard sets today!

I didn't even have to sign for them!!

Update: got a pair of ears today. So that is 3 things in 2 days, and all at once and none before. I entered Mar-July. WEIRD...:banana:

I sent in some entries in Sept. and October. Your post is giving me hope. :goodvibes

Congratulations on your wins, everyone!

My husband ( really me cuz he has no idea the Disney things I do LOL) won Mickey Ears today. And we also did not have to sign for it.....

I am soooo happy....now if I could just get a lanyard it will have been worth the hundreds of dollars invested in post cards....lol.....Just Kidding.....well maybe a hundred.....lol......(I Must Be Nuts!!)

We've won two mouse ear hats with clouds and a lanyar last year and all of them were registered mail.

But today, we found a package left at the door and it was a blue hat with white ears.

I wonder this is a 2008 design?

We've won two mouse ear hats with clouds and a lanyar last year and all of them were registered mail.

But today, we found a package left at the door and it was a blue hat with white ears.

I wonder this is a 2008 design?

Yep, that's the new design for 2008! Congrats :thumbsup2

Drats!! I will NEVER get the original ears now. (what a whiner I am huh). Oh well........

So blue hat with white ears = new design. That tells me that they picked from my "new" batch of postcards that I have been sending out. I wonder if the lanyards are different also.

I really want a lanyard. :goodvibes

I got a question people who won. Did you receive your prize in 3 months or do they send all the prizes at the same time like near the end of the year?

Also how do you find out that you won?

I started mailing post cards last year and have been mailing for a few months. They pick the winners once a month.

Had to share. A while back I posted on a thread of happy, but no-winners (not whiners) that my DD (11) and my family sent postcards in almost every day for the 2007 YOMD, starting in 2006. The kids drew on the front of the U.S. Post Office postcards and we addressed the postcards as a family. (Made it a family activity.) We stopped about Dec. 15th as things got hectic with the holidays. I had posted that 3 of the 4 of us had won something. 2 got ears and 1 got the lanyard with pins, (Yes, just 1 thing each) but DD 11 had never won. Yesterday in the mail she got a lanyard with pins! We haven't sent any postcards in this year, but am happy that she finally won something! Just wanted to share. Dreams do come true. ;)

You can totally mail in postcards for the year 2008.

The new address doesn't have a title, it just says this:

Also, starting on December 19, 2007, eligible participants can enter without being present in a Disney Property by hand-writing their full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth on a piece of paper or postcard and sending it with proper postage affixed to: P.O. Box 8650, Elmhurst, IL 60126, USA or if a legal resident of the UK: 2008 Disney Dreams Giveaway,483 Green Lanes, Suite 200, London N13 4BS, England. Limit one mail-in entry per person per day during the Giveaway Period. All mail-in entries must be mailed separately, postmarked on or between December 19, 2007 and December 31, 2008 and received by January 14, 2009 or they will be void.

What I don't understand, is should I write "2008 Disney Dreams Giveaway" and then the address, or leave it off as stated in the above paragraph? Maybe they forgot to write it?

Help!

You can totally mail in postcards for the year 2008.

The new address doesn't have a title, it just says this:

Also, starting on December 19, 2007, eligible participants can enter without being present in a Disney Property by hand-writing their full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth on a piece of paper or postcard and sending it with proper postage affixed to: P.O. Box 8650, Elmhurst, IL 60126, USA or if a legal resident of the UK: 2008 Disney Dreams Giveaway,483 Green Lanes, Suite 200, London N13 4BS, England. Limit one mail-in entry per person per day during the Giveaway Period. All mail-in entries must be mailed separately, postmarked on or between December 19, 2007 and December 31, 2008 and received by January 14, 2009 or they will be void.

What I don't understand, is should I write "2008 Disney Dreams Giveaway" and then the address, or leave it off as stated in the above paragraph? Maybe they forgot to write it?

Help!

I have been wondering this too. :confused3 I've just been writing "Disney Dreams Giveaway" and then the address.

Hey, I just wanted to tell everyone that, after 100+ non-winning postcards being mailed... on Saturday my son and I both received a pair of WDW Dream Ears! :goodvibes We really didn't mail out anything after mid-November, and as always we send in one postcard for each of us (hubby, son, and I). I found it ironic that son and I won, hubby didn't, and both my son and my ears came on the exact day! :) Those of you about to give up... don't! A box may just show up and surprise you very soon!:banana:

Okay GOT A LANYARD!! Came today in an envelope with the regular mail....now I have one of each and can be happy lol. I still have postcards ready to mail to the new address though......oh well - this has been fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter