YOAMD Postcards and Winners

I'm still also faithfully mailing our postcards every day, I did get three back as I had only put on the back our information and had forgotten to turn it over and write the To addresse on the front :rolleyes1 , doh!

Though I am getting tired of writing them, I'm still waiting to hear that someone actually won something, that would for sure spark my enthusiasm a bit :goodvibes

Just remember that little disclaimer you see on a lot of sweepstakes - "Many will enter, few will win." Waiting to see if you have won is one of the hardest things to do but most who enter sweeps for a hobby will tell you that it's best to just enter and forget and then be surprised if you win.

I know the odds of winning/not winning, but to read that someone on this forum won something would make it more fun, as of now, I feel like they all get mailed off to eternity :rotfl: Eventually someone will and hopefully someone from here, so at least we know that it wasn't invane (sp?) popcorn::

I read that you do not win the BIG prizes if your card IS picked, instead you would get a comprable gift. In my oppinion, the gifts they compared were not comprable at all, i.e. if your card was the one picked to stay in the castle for the night you would instead get a lanyard.

I will find the area that I read that......

If a prize requiring winner to be present at a Disney Property is designated for award (such as a DREAM FASTPASS badge or the one-night stay at the Cinderella Castle Suite), a winner entering via mail will receive an alternate prize of comparable or greater approximate retail value as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, such as a special edition pin and lanyard, a special edition Dream Mouse Ears or a merchandise gift basket (which may include a Disney Gift Card).

dustysky said:
I read that you do not win the BIG prizes if your card IS picked, instead you would get a comprable gift. In my oppinion, the gifts they compared were not comprable at all, i.e. if your card was the one picked to stay in the castle for the night you would instead get a lanyard.

I will find the area that I read that......

That's not what the rules say, it says comparable or greater VALUE meaning Dollars. Not comparable in that you will receive something as cool as a night in the castle but something that costs the same or greater than a night in the castle.

Most folks would be happy to win anything. If your card is pulled for something they can not mail you (such as a night in the castle) you probablyt WON'T know anyway. It's not like they are going to send you a letter saying - you won a night in the castle - have a lanyard instead. More than likely it will just say "Congratulations You are a Winner in the YOAMD sweepstakes - enclosed is your prize."

That's not what the rules say, it says comparable or greater VALUE meaning Dollars. Not comparable in that you will receive something as cool as a night in the castle but something that costs the same or greater than a night in the castle.

Most folks would be happy to win anything. If your card is pulled for something they can not mail you (such as a night in the castle) you probablyt WON'T know anyway. It's not like they are going to send you a letter saying - you won a night in the castle - have a lanyard instead. More than likely it will just say "Congratulations You are a Winner in the YOAMD sweepstakes - enclosed is your prize."

If I would win the castle, why would it have to be for that night, I have a trip planned and I should be able to say, I'll take it on April 4. But I imagine that cannot happen.

I know the rules state to send a 3 by 5 postcard, but I have had three of mine come back stamped from the post office "NON_MAILABLE MINIMUM SIZE IS 3-1/2 INCHES X 5 INCHES".
:confused3 :confused3 :confused3
Anybody else get the same type of stamp?

Yeah, I was wondering if that would happen to anyone. I noticed, as did many others, that the standard pre-posted card the PO offers is larger than the stated requirements in the sweepstakes. The way I figure it is, if it doesn't get there, it can't win, so I did not alter the size of the official postcards. I don't believe the intent of the sweepstakes rules is to make everyone cut the cards down to size, since they're only 1/2" off, but if I'm wrong on this, how silly would that be?

II have had three of mine come back stamped from the post office "NON-MAILABLE MINIMUM SIZE IS 3-1/2 INCHES X 5 INCHES"

Wow, that's a bummer! I have had 2 come back to me, despite being labeled TO and FROM, but nothing like that. Some I have cut down, others I have not. I'm getting worn out on mailing them, though, but I can't give up!

I sure hope *someone* wins *something* just so we know it really IS possible!

I receive an e-mail once a month from wdwgo.com and it updated the post card;

To learn more about the Disney Dreams Giveaway, go to DisneyParks.com.

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win the Disney Dreams Giveaway. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open only to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C., Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico & UK. Void elsewhere and where prohibited. Giveaway runs October 1, 2006–December 31, 2007 (mail-in entries postmarked starting September 18, 2006 & received by January 14, 2008, on 3.5x5 postcard with complete name, address, daytime phone #, birthdate and proper postage sent to PO Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA). UK residents only mail to 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Cinderella Castle Suite stay will be awarded most days starting January 25, 2007. It will likely be awarded early in the day for a stay that night and is only available to eligible participants at the Parks and Downtown Disney® area in Florida. DREAM FASTPASS badge and Disney Shopping Spree are only awarded at certain Theme Parks for use that day. Mail-in winners of Disney Shopping Spree and DREAM FASTPASS badge will receive a prize of comparable value. Approximate retail value of prizes advertised: Grand Marshall World Tour US $45,370, DREAM FASTPASS badge US $5, Cinderella Castle Suite stay US $587. Prizes range in value from US $3.83 to US $83,701. All prize awards are subject to verification. Odds of winning on a given day depend on the number of eligible participants at a selected location or within the mail-in entry pool for the time or date (as applicable) selected. Subject to Official Rules (see disneyparks.com/rules) Sponsor: Magic Kingdom Productions, Inc., PO Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.

†©2006 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM

It also told about 2 Dream Giveaways
Disney is granting a million extra-special dreams!

Joey's and Patrick's came true. Could yours be next?

When Joey Merriman of New Mexico planned a Walt Disney World® vacation, he certainly knew about The Year of a Million Dreams and the dream-making magic the Disney Cast creates every day. "But I never dreamed it would happen to me!," he told us.

Joey and his family got their Disney dreams granted in a big way, when Cast Members pulled him aside at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park in Florida to tell him his family would be going on an all-expense-paid trip to Disneyland® Resort in California.

"I'd be at Disney 24 hours a day if I could," Joey, a lifelong Disney fan, told us.

Patrick Norton, a 9-year-old Guest from Massachusetts, had his dream come true, too—thanks to the $500 Disney Shopping Spree he was lucky enough to receive. Patrick even granted a few dreams on his own: his purchases included a four-foot princess castle his sisters had been eyeing through the whole vacation. "They couldn't believe it," he told us.

Of course, the Merrimans and Nortons are just two of the lucky families to discover how dreams really can come true during The Year of a Million Dreams celebration.

Dreams are coming true for people like you

A million extra-special dreams are now being randomly awarded at both Walt Disney World® Resort and Disneyland® Resort during the celebration, courtesy of the Disney Dreams Giveaway.

Imagine hearing that you've been invited as a special Guest to enjoy a stay that night in the all-new Cinderella Castle Suite—in the heart of the Magic Kingdom® Park. Or what if you received a DREAM FASTPASS badge to enjoy some of the most popular Disney attractions throughout the day, with little or no wait. A Cast Member might even let you know that you've been selected to serve as Grand Marshall at Disney Parks around the globe.

These are just a few of the Disney dreams being granted throughout this incredible celebration.

A dream shopping spree and more

Stepping off of Star Tours with his father, Mark, Patrick Norton had only one thing on his mind—another ride on the classic Star Wars™† attraction. But Disney Cast Members had other ideas. They flagged him down to offer him a dream Disney Shopping Spree.

"When he got to the store, he started off by getting presents for his sisters and the rest of the family," Patrick's mother, Julie, told us. "The Cast Members had to remind him to buy something for himself."

"And when Disney found out that we had a dream to enjoy a meal in Cinderella Castle, they made it happen the next morning," Julie added. "It was the top of the top. We felt like royalty."

A little help from a Yeti

The dreams are granted absolutely randomly. In fact, the Merrimans' prize-winning day might never have come to pass if they didn't have a little help from the Yeti.

"We just got off Expedition Everest™ and bought a Yeti doll for my daughter, Jesse," Joey said. But when we were walking to DINOSAUR, my daughter discovered she lost the doll. We ended up going back to Discovery Island to buy another before we returned to DINOSAUR."

The hiccup in their schedule paid off in a big way when Cast Members were told to offer the Disneyland® trip to the next people to come off the attraction.

"It was the best vacation we ever had," Joey added. "Disney treated us like we were the most important people in the world. Not just on the day we won, but through the whole vacation."

The Norton family would have to agree. Or as Patrick put it to us: "We were wicked, wicked excited!"

Thought I would share.

I have been using the pre-stamped postcards from the post office that are 3-1/2 x 5-1/2 and have not been cutting them down. I have also been writing my entry info. vertically as suggested in a previous post so the equipment at the P.O. can process the mailing address correctly. It's really nagging at me that all my entries might be disqualified because of the post card dimensions and I really wish we could receive confirmation from the company handling the mail-in entries as to whether or not that extra 1/2" really makes a difference.

The company administering this contest is listed as Creata...I just called their Chicago office and left a message for the person handling the Disney promo. specifically asking whether or not other postcard sizes would be disqualified. Don't know if they will bother to call me back...but will post any info. I receive.

I don't think I saw it, but does it say, anywhere in the rules, that mechanical entries or labels will disqualify you? I have been using address labels.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter