Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Three... C 32, P 39 - The End...Or Is It?

Aw!! :) How sweet...

William (the 9 year old on our trip)...met a little "honey" on our last night, too!! But you wouldn't know about that...because I have not even written about that last magical evening! I will...I will... :)

Have you been able to ready any of our TR yet? If not, totally cool, I totally understand...how many TR's do you have going now? :rotfl:

Your son sounds so precious! :) And I am glad you got to meet Tink...although I have no idea who that is? Should I? Gosh...I gotta go back and re-read. :)

What a great last night....fireworks...we didn't really see any fireworks...I mean...they were in the park with us...but we never did "see" them and contemplate...and really watch...we definitely have to go back! :rolleyes1

Aw!! :) How sweet...

William (the 9 year old on our trip)...met a little "honey" on our last night, too!! But you wouldn't know about that...because I have not even written about that last magical evening! I will...I will... :)

Have you been able to ready any of our TR yet? If not, totally cool, I totally understand...how many TR's do you have going now? :rotfl:

The start so young, don't they? ;)

Actually, I have read your whole trip report. I had no words! It's so wonderful, I was planning to post today. :hug:

Your son sounds so precious! :) And I am glad you got to meet Tink...although I have no idea who that is? Should I? Gosh...I gotta go back and re-read. :)

Tink is Tinkerbellarella. She and I met on the DIS, and have since become really good friends. :thumbsup2

What a great last night....fireworks...we didn't really see any fireworks...I mean...they were in the park with us...but we never did "see" them and contemplate...and really watch...we definitely have to go back! :rolleyes1

Trust me, there's no way I could watch them unless my DS was asleep. He hates the loud noise.

Also known as the best morning ever. Well, in the Magic Kingdom. And in all honesty, I don't remember the last time I spent a good MORNING in the Magic Kingdom. See the beauty of traveling with three as opposed to all the extended fam, is that when you're ready to go, you're ready to go. And that enabled all of us to get in some wonderful last minute magic.

I woke up early, as I always do on the last day. I'm sad to leave, but nervous excited to fit those last few things in. When everyone is ready (which is a blessedly short amount of time) we head off.

And we have one of the best mornings...wait, I've already said that. But it was! We headed straight for Fantasyland. I was a woman on a mission. I was the anti-thesis of all that I'd been on this trip. My pirate self was taking a back seat to Captain TK Commando. I had goals, people, and I wanted to see those goals accomplished! :lmao:

In short, I wanted the little nugget to get on the Fantasyland rides. Honestly, I can't tell you the last time we even came close to doing all of them, because we're always so late in arriving to the Magic Kingdom, and I have no patience for crowds.

It's not worth it to me to wait 90 minutes for something with a cranky toddler.

Not gonna do it.

Wouldn't be prudent. :confused3

So, I was excited this morning because Fantasyland was awesome! 5 minute to NO WAIT times on the rides! We literally went on Peter Pan, Snow White, and Winnie the Pooh in about half an hour. Now that is the way to do it, people!

I was in heaven. :cloud9: Being able to get DS on those rides, and see that wonderful awed expression. That expression that will always live in my heart as long as I live, that I was privy to so many times on this trip. From Figment to Fantasyland, it was amazing to see. I couldn't get enough of my little nugget just loving these things. People say it, and it's true. There's nothing like Disney World through the eyes of a child.

Oh sure, I had my fair share of adult Disney. And for those of you who don't know that exists, PM me, and I'll enlighten you. But this is a new phase in our lives. And to be able to see the World and world through the eyes of my child? Well, it certainly puts things into perspective.

I wish I'd had that perspective this morning when I was rushing around, rushing DS to get to preschool, rushing, rushing, rushing, running late. I'm glad I chose to write this chapter today. Help me get back to that place. That place were you take the time to enjoy your children. To enjoy their wonder, and their amazement. And not just on vacation, but in every day life.

Last week was my DH's 30th birthday. And we had a lot of running to do that day, but as we got home, I took a deep breath, and had DS "help" me make DH's birthday cake. I let him pick the cake pans. Let him help to crack the eggs, and stir the cake mix.

And in the middle of all of that, of me taking my time, and just enjoying us doing something nice for my sweet husband, DS turns, looks at me, and says, "Mama...Papa is going to be so happy."

Just like that.

Just so simple.

It nearly broke my heart to hear that, but in the best possible way. I love the things that my almost four year old comes up with, and that just hit the nail on the head. Making each other happy. The simple things. Taking time.

We took our time that day to get one last Dole Whip. It wasn't quite as good as my first, and the CM handing it to me knew she did a bad job making the float, but I just didn't have the heart to complain.

It was the last day.

We headed over to Tomorrowland, and onto the only ride that DS asked to do twice on this trip. The Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Or, as I fondly call it, the Wedway People Mover. We have a little tradition on this ride, in the very beginning we all take each other's photos, and we did that.

Afterwards, we got DH the Last Slushy Coke. It deserves capitalization, it's that good, people. This time, though, DS was awake, and I think it became DH and DS' last slushy coke. We decide to head over to Casey's and get that last best-tasting because it's on Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom hotdog. While the boys finish up eating, I run to the candy shop to use up my last snack credits. And on my way there, I had a thought.

And that thought involved the photopass photographer who graciously took my picture.

Or several. Of me in front of the castle.

No one else. Just me. Smiling. Then throwing my hands in the air and smiling, and then looking awed when Tinkerbell appeared in my hands! Amazing that. Pixie dust and all.

image120-1.jpg

Well, what would this chapter be without one last headless shot? ;)

We're a bit late heading back to the Wilderness Lodge and I'm starting to get nervous. Fortunately, everything goes without a hitch. I go to check us out, and DH for some reason, didn't understand that I wanted him to retrieve our luggage from bell services. Don't know why we had that disconnect, but it was quickly rectified.

Pretty soon, the TK clan was all loaded up and off to the airport.

Up next - The Flight Home - Why So Snarky?

What a wonderful last day at the Magic Kingdom! I know exactly what you mean. My favorite moments at the park are those little moments when one my younger niece would just come running up to me to hold my hand while we were walking around the park, or when my older niece wrapped my arms around her while whe were watching Philharmagic. Nothing in the world is better than that.

Wonderful last morning in Disney. :goodvibes

:goodvibes

What a wonderful last day at the Magic Kingdom! I know exactly what you mean. My favorite moments at the park are those little moments when one my younger niece would just come running up to me to hold my hand while we were walking around the park, or when my older niece wrapped my arms around her while whe were watching Philharmagic. Nothing in the world is better than that.

It's so true. :goodvibes

Wonderful last morning, TK! The time goes by oh so fast, doesn't it? The wonder through a child's eyes is the best memory of all:lovestruc I see someone is snarky on the ride home? I'm always snarky when it's time to go home.:rolleyes:

Wonderful last morning, TK! The time goes by oh so fast, doesn't it? The wonder through a child's eyes is the best memory of all:lovestruc

People had always told me how great it is to take your kids to Disney. Now I know why.

I see someone is snarky on the ride home? I'm always snarky when it's time to go home.:rolleyes:

Yes. Someone is snarky.

And it's not one of us! :lmao:

How awesome that you got to watch that sweet face filled with awe...wow on getting on all of those rides in 30 min. We had that cool deal at our MNSSHP one night. :)

And I just love your reflections on life in all of this. So precious that you can see how to take time and just enjoy life.

It seems hard in this day and age...especially during the holidays...which should be all about spending time with family in celebration of Christmas! :)

Anyway...

Great update...looking forward to the rest...

:) maroo

How awesome that you got to watch that sweet face filled with awe...wow on getting on all of those rides in 30 min. We had that cool deal at our MNSSHP one night. :)

I love it when everything just flows like that.

And I just love your reflections on life in all of this. So precious that you can see how to take time and just enjoy life.

It seems hard in this day and age...especially during the holidays...which should be all about spending time with family in celebration of Christmas! :)

Honestly, reading your trip report helped put a lot into perspective for me. For those of you who haven't read Maroo's trippie, you might want to head on over. Just don't forget the kleenex.

Anyway...

Great update...looking forward to the rest...

:) maroo

More coming soon, I promise! :goodvibes

I am so glad you had a great time with Tink. I am looking forward to reading your Christmas tr. I am also heading over to Maroo's tr.

I am so glad you had a great time with Tink. I am looking forward to reading your Christmas tr. I am also heading over to Maroo's tr.

Thanks! Glad you're coming on over to my holiday report. And you'll really enjoy Maroo's. :goodvibes

Well, we arrive at the airport and avail ourselves of curbside check-in. Well, well worth it. Now, of course, DS has fallen asleep in the car on the way there. Well, who can blame him? That trip had just tuckered our little pirate out, and he wanted a good nap.

Little did we know that the benefit of having a sleeping toddler would be having to deal with a whole boatload of snark.

Some for DH, some for me.

I mean it's only fair. Just so that you get that real slap back into reality, hey, you're not on your Disney vacation anymore, you're going back home, ha ha ha.

The first incident was an accident. DH didn't realize there was a water bottle in the backpack. And I don't know which one of us didn't throw it out, honestly, so it was a total and utter accident. Which involved TSA stopping the line and the girl (very young and immature) being EXTREMELY snarky to DH and ranting and raving about how she just got there and what a bad day this was going to be and blah blah blah.

DH apologized (wow how chivalrous) but then told her it was a mistake and that this was her job. I love my husband. Really, really love him. He felt badly about it, but he wasn't going to let someone talk to him like that.

Sometimes though, I'm not so quick on my feet.

We finally go through security, and they realize indeed we're not terrorists, just tired parents who forgot to take a bottled water out of a backpack. Now let me tell you, taking a sleeping toddler who weighs upwards of 43 pounds through security can be an adventure. Fortunately, I had my DH to help me. (Those of you reading my December trip report, try to retain that little tidbit in your brains if you can. It'll be amusing later, I promise.)

We get to our gate, and there's no plane.

Who's surprised? What with our snarky TSA agent, why shouldn't the plane be late? I rearrange some items in our bags, and get the stroller gate checked. Head off to the bathroom and change from shorts to jeans :::sigh::: and get ready to depart. Our plane is late in arriving, and we get ready to do the quick board.

And DS wakes up.

Oy. Vey.

Now, in actuality, he was pretty good about the whole thing, because he'd had a nice solid nap, but there was no time to get in that last toddler trip to the rest room, savvy? As we get into the flight and they start the snack service, a little turbulence occurs and they have to stop. Which leaves us with no snacks.

And they never come back.

Now I've been on flights before with turbulence and this was not bad. I know it's to the discretion of the captain, since they really know what we're flying through. I'm not ignorant on these issues, my sister is a pilot, so for the most part, I'm pretty savvy. But I do know when certain things are unnecessary. And I'm not saying the fasten seatbelt sign was. For the most part.

Except when my son needs to use the bathroom.

Because that means right now.

And me, stupid polite me actually asks the flight attendant if we can get up to use the restroom since my three year old needs to go.

"I just need to tell you that the fasten seatbelt sign is on!" Sugary sweet, dripping with sarcasm.

"I know that, but I'm asking if my son can use the restroom."

"I just need to tell you that the sign is on!" Repeat of previous snark.

TK is seething.

What I would like to have said but didn't:

"I just need to tell you that if you'd like to clean my toddler's urine out of your airplane seats after this flight is over than we can stay in here buckled all nice and tidy. OR...if you'd like NOT to have that pleasure, we can TAKE THE TWO SECONDS IT WILL BE TO USE THE RESTROOM!!!!!!!"

Reality. Cruel reality paging TK.

A pirate's life for three is now over. Cruel reality paging TK, a pirate's life for three is now over.

Obviously, we got up and used the restroom. What was I going to do? And I'm fully aware that she's required to tell me that. I get it. But you don't need to be so nasty about it. Hmph.

And despite the "turbulence" the flight was pretty uneventful, but they never continued snack service. You know, for what I threw down for this flight, could I have a little rinky dink bag of Ritz crackers? Eventually DH uses the call button and gets a snack for DS, since he's getting a bit hungry.

We land.

We get our luggage.

Our chariots, Mom and Nana, are waiting. And smart women that they are, they came in two cars. For all the stuff to fit easily instead of cramming it into one. God, how I want a Honda CR-V.

But I digress.

We have dinner at Mom's, discuss the trip. It's back to reality, but in a good way.

My boy eats.

He plays.

He laughs. He's himself again.

Oh, how grateful I was to get my little pirate back. So, so, so grateful.

And that, dear readers, is the end of this portion of A Pirate's Life for Three.

Stay tuned :happytv: - Final Thoughts

"I just need to tell you that if you'd like to clean my toddler's urine out of your airplane seats after this flight is over than we can stay in here buckled all nice and tidy. OR...if you'd like NOT to have that pleasure, we can TAKE THE TWO SECONDS IT WILL BE TO USE THE RESTROOM!!!!!!!"

That is so something that I would want to say. :rotfl:

So sorry that your re-entry into the real world was so snarky!

That is so something that I would want to say. :rotfl:

So sorry that your re-entry into the real world was so snarky!

I wish I could have been that quick about it, and in all honesty, something similar was running through my mind, but I just didn't have it in me. I don't put out bad karma, by choice, savvy? Well, I try not to, anyway.

I believe I said, "okay."

:rotfl2:

Quite frankly I find most of the TSA agents to be a joke. And that's all I'm gonna say on that subject so I don't find my name on the Do Not Fly list.

Funny how quick the real world takes over again isn't it?

Quite frankly I find most of the TSA agents to be a joke. And that's all I'm gonna say on that subject so I don't find my name on the Do Not Fly list.

Let me nod silently in agreement. ::yes::

Funny how quick the real world takes over again isn't it?

Ugh. Too quickly! :lmao:

What a carptastic reentry to the real world. I think they need a reentry program for Disney go-ers. It's cruel to throw us back to the sharks after a blissful, magical vacation!

I had a snarky TSA agent at Orlando airport too! She was giving me a hard time about a tiny trial size tube of lip gloss that I took out of my bag but didn't have a plastic bag for!! They pulled me aside, made open the lip gloss, did some kind of pH paper test on it and finally decided that it was indeed a Think Pink lip gloss freebie from Sephora. And she was rolling her eyes the whole time. Oy indeed. :headache:

Your mom and nana sound like smart ladies. Looking forward to your Dec adventure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter